Halloween night gaming! What are you playing?

• 104 results
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, here is the thing like patrick I've loved me some survival horror over the years I've played more or less just about every horror game out there especially on consoles. And while games like Silent Hill and Fatal Frame are good spooky fun I've never EVER been as intimidated with a game as I have been with Amnesia. I got it on a steam sale ages ago. My steam clock has me playing a whopping 39 minutes of it. Which means I basically spent no time with it at all. Its the only game in ages that has actually physically made me feel uncomfortable (although Condemned did a pretty good job until you figured out the A.I. routines) So, with Halloween coming up soon I mean obviously a good excuse to play spooky games so I am committing to playing me some Amnesia Halloween night. Turn up my Turtle Beach headphones and turn off the light. So, anyone else going to play some spooky games on Halloween night? If so what are you playing?

I might possibly do some Fatal Frame earlier in the night too if I feel up to it but that depends on how bad Forza Horizon gets its hooks into me next week. Anyways, what y'all playing? I almost almost have a desire to go get slender but fuck....I dunno man that game seems like it would get to me even more than amnesia.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I could never justify sitting at home on Halloween night, or on the Saturday right before it. Way too much going on out in the world to be playing video games.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Who knows. Halloween is my birthday, it could be anything.

Edit: Actually I think I'll be playing Pid.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By That1BlackGuy

I got to work on Halloween, however if I didn't since it's the holiday I'd probably play a Kirby game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Either Assassin's Creed III, Liberation or Virtue's Last Reward.

None of these are spooky, but I guess Virtue's Last Reward has some horror elements.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By YI_Orange

I wish I was more susceptible to spooks, I feel like I'm missing out. That one part in Amnesia was still terrifying though. If you've played through it, you know the part.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered a copy of Clock Tower 3 from Ebay so I'm hoping it comes in before Halloween otherwise I'm either replaying Fatal Frame 2 or Silent Hill 3

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Phatmac

I'll be playing going to a party and getting shit faced with some friends.

commonoutlier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By commonoutlier

Although not scary at all, I wanted to play Costume Quest a little bit every day for this month, finishing on Halloween.

...ended up beating it in one day, so there goes those plans. I’m not a huge fan of strictly scary games, I prefer when it’s an element a game uses occasionally, not the entire experience. Minecraft did that well, oddly enough, mostly because I was afraid of losing my precious resources. But I suppose there's always something a little terrifying about exploring the unknown.

I haven't played Minecraft in a while, maybe I'll do that on Halloween. It's got pumpkins.

Edit: I should note, though that I thought Costume Quest was another wonderful little game by Double Fine, a great atmosphere and aesthetic like all Tim Schafer games...even if the gameplay gets a little old after awhile.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phatmac

@MB said:

I could never justify sitting at home on Halloween night, or on the Saturday right before it. Way too much going on out in the world to be playing video games.

Same here. Never got the appeal of watching horror flicks or playing games on Halloween night. It's a great time to party and be outside.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By musubi

@Phatmac said:

@MB said:

Same here. Never got the appeal of watching horror flicks or playing games on Halloween night. It's a great time to party and be outside.

Well i don't party and "going out" costs money I don't have.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By myniceicelife

probably some dead space 2.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Phatmac

@Demoskinos said:

@Phatmac said:

@MB said:

Well i don't party and "going out" costs money I don't have.

That's fine. I'm currently playing Costume Quest and that is a great Halloween game.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sarge1445

if I do play games Left 4 Dead 1 and 2

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By audiosnow

Halloween before last I finished up Costume Quest.

I loved Silent Hill 2, and System Shock 2 is tied for first place across all of gaming, but I like a lighter, more pleasant game when the candles are flickering and the rum glass is full.

I haven't found this year's candidate yet.

EDIT: You know, I'll probably finally get those last three achievements in Dead Rising. Since I'm level fifty it'll be a cakewalk; just a cakewalk I haven't made myself do yet.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Dishonored or XCOM, which I just bought. Dishonored because sneaking around a video game world and getting caught by the AI is actually scarier than any horror game I've ever played. It really keeps me on the edge of my seat. And XCOM because I never play those types of games, so I am positive I'll suck at it. And trying a new game genre for the first time is always scary.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skytylz

I might go back to Amnesia, I played costume quest last year and that was fun. Depends what I end up doing!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BaneFireLord

31st is a Wednesday? 
I'll be doing homework.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

@Sauson said:

I ordered a copy of Clock Tower 3 from Ebay so I'm hoping it comes in before Halloween otherwise I'm either replaying Fatal Frame 2 or Silent Hill 3

I did the same thing! Though it was via amazon. Always wanted to play this game, and Patrick's foray into the very first Clocktower (even though I already know it's nothing like Clocktower 3) nudged me over the edge.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee said:

@Sauson said:

I did the same thing! Though it was via amazon. Always wanted to play this game, and Patrick's foray into the very first Clocktower (even though I already know it's nothing like Clocktower 3) nudged me over the edge.

I used to have a copy of that. Pretty decent game although never did finish it. There are however "boss fights" in Clocktower 3

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By delorean99947

DOOM 3 BFG Edition, Killing Floor, and maybe L4D2. I will also try to play Slender, but that wont go very well.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShaggE

Might play some custom Amnesia stories or the updated version of SCP Containment Breach (I've fallen behind), as well as Lucius (if it turns out to be any good) and any other piss-your-pants games that may pop up between now and then.

That reminds me, I need to start my horror marathon. This is my favorite time of the year, but I've been slacking due to all the great "regular" games that have been coming out. No great loss, since I partake in horror all year long anyway, haha.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Sackmanjones

Considering its a school night ill probably be in doing homework with horror movies goin in the background. I also have 2 tests on holloween..... Truly is a scary day for me

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Giantstalker

Probably more Battlefield 3, same as most nights really.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By Sooperspy

Definitely ACIII

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By Hailinel

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee said:

@Sauson said:

I used to have a copy of that. Pretty decent game although never did finish it. There are however "boss fights" in Clocktower 3

Though, the boss fights in Clock Tower 3 are basically the "fuck you" moments where you get to turn the tables on the psychos. They're pretty awesome. I actually still have my copy of the game and should consider digging it back out. I never did beat it, either.

Fun fact: The game was directed by Kinji Fukasaku, the direct of the film Battle Royale.

Though for this Halloween, I'll likely play this:

No Caption Provided

Christ, that box art is terrible. All right, how about this?

Fuck yeah.
Fuck yeah.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#27  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I will theoretically be doing stuff with friends, and if that falls through I will probably be doing my homework like a boss responsible adult.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
@Phatmac said:

I'll be playing going to a party and getting shit faced with some friends.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Assassin's Creed 3.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By big_jon

Maybe costume quest.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I think I'll try Ghost Master. It was gifted to me last Christmas by a friend, but Halloween seems like the perfect time to play it. Alternatively, I might go out and purchase Assassin's Creed III. 

That's if I don't have any homework, which I probably will. ;__;

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Assassin's Creed 3
  • Okami HD
  • Medal of Honor: Warfighter
  • World of Warcraft

And maybe some Dead Rising 2: Off The Record to get in the Halloween spirit...

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By C0V3RT

I'm more of a scary movie on Halloween night kind of person, so I don't think I'll be playing anything. However, I do love Halloween so I tried to stay thematic with my gaming this month. I finally went back and played Dead Rising (Zombies!), The Walking Dead: Episode 4 (Zomb...er...Walkers!), and am just putting a bow on Saw (Not fun!). With AC 3 around the corner I'm probably done with Halloween month, but will for sure try and make it a tradition in years to come.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Games can't scare me like they used to. I'm just going to watch a movie.

Having just dropped my only class that involves essays, I doubt I'll have any pressing homework needs. So that's fun.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#35  Edited By BeachThunder

I have no idea...I'm certainly not going to going to go out of my to play a specific game...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#36  Edited By Hailinel

@ArbitraryWater said:

I will theoretically be doing stuff with friends, and if that falls through I will probably be doing my homework like a boss responsible adult.

When I was a senior in college, I lived in a dorm on campus that ran a haunted house every year. I happened to live in the wing one floor above the common area where they set it up. It was utterly surreal writing an essay for class to the occasional scream of terror from below my feet.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Assassin's Creed III while watching horror movies.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By JJOR64

Teh game of work.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Splatterhouse PCEngine

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mordukai

First I'll play "Lets Count The Loot" with my daughter. Then we settle down for a night of popcorn and some classic horror with her and the wife. I'm thinking this year we'll let her watch Poltergeist. Best gaming night ever...lol

PS: I'm thinking of \\finally playing Amnesia and see what all the fuss is about.

VoodooTatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By VoodooTatum

I've been playing the original Dead Space for the first time. I think I will try and play some of it on Halloween too. After beating Dead Space 2 on Hardcore I didn't think I would be this scared but dammit those necromorphs scare the shit outta me!

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SargeGulp

Cryostasis/Call of Cthulu

I'll be firmly sauced that night, so I assume I should get quite far before shutting the TV off and crying myself to sleep.

Late last night and the night before

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By Sooty

@BaneFireLord said:

31st is a Wednesday? I'll be doing homework.

Yeah I'll be in history class. :/

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By indiana_jenkins

I dunno.

That's like two weeks away. What kind of crazy person makes plans two weeks in advance?

Maybe I'll finally play Amnesia. Maybe I'll be dead. Who knows man?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sanity

Picked up Metro 2033 for 4 bucks on GMG so i may mess with that, i also bought all the stalker games during a steam sale and haven't touched them yet so theirs that.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Giefcookie

When is Halloween? End of the month? Most likely assassins creed or Last Story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yummylee said:

@Sauson said:

I rented it back in the day and remember it being awesome but never finished it. Hopefully it lives up to my memories of it.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lost_Remnant

More then likely I'll watch Halloween 1-2 and Halloween H20 with my father, since that's been our tradition for awhile on Halloween. If I do get any gaming in, that would be good a day as any to start up Downpour again, which I really do enjoy but get distracted from since I only play it when the mood strikes me. I'd also be keen on finishing my Dead Space 2 hardcore run, if memory serves I was last on Chapter 9 with one save left. It'd be rad to get that hardcore run finished on Halloween so I might just aim for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll probably check out either the new Doom BFG or Undead Nightmare.

RainbowCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RainbowCarnage

I'm going to play cross dresser, and dress up as a sexy nurse.