Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

http://kotaku.com/5372547/south-korean-fighter-gets-bust-size-change

I love capcom's craziness in this story
capcom comes right out and say they are giving juri bigger boobs in the USA release to make her more popular.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

I don't think this is the first game it's happened to. Guess the Japanese are partial to realistic or small breasts. I am, too.

And I mean... if your line of thinking is that bigger boobs = better, why not just make a giant pair of tits be the next Street Fighter in the US version. You could blow all your localization budget on a new breast physics engine, on top of it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

Well, I wasn't going to buy the game when she was an "A" cup, but now that she's moved to a "C" cup, I've got it pre-ordered!  I'm just that easy Capcom. 

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

That reminds me of how funny it was that Aribeth in the original Neverwinter Nights was the only character in the game that had jiggly wigglies.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Emilio

That's just sad. Capcom sometimes give me the feeling like they are being run by idiots. Just like Tecmo.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By TobyD81
@AndrewB said:
" I don't think this is the first game it's happened to. Guess the Japanese are partial to realistic or small breasts. I am, too... "
Uh, Dead or Alive, Devil May Cry, Soul Calibur, Tifa Lockhart, and countless anime paraphernalia would beg to differ. Japanese pop culture has just as much ridiculously overinflated boobage as anywhere else. Glad you know what you like, though.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#7  Edited By TobyD81
@trophyhunter: I read over the story, but I don't see where this applies only to the USA release. It says her bust size went up, but it seems to be just the listing on the Japanese website. It might not even make any difference in the character model. Reminds me of SNK's character listings for Mai Shiranui (85cm) and Vice (90cm) - it's just a number to tease the fans, and may not really represent the in-game character. Japanese devs know that boob fetishes are universal!
 From Kotaku:

The official Japanese website for Super Street Fighter IV has been getting a few changes here and there. One small. Another bigger.

Take the official Japanese tagline, which has been tweaked slightly from "Go call a guy who's strong than I" to "A guy who's stranger than I is calling". The bigger change is what has been done to the bust size of South Korean fighter Juri.

Initially, her bust was listed at 75 cm or about 30 inches. Her newly edited bust size is now 83 cm or about 33 inches. And like that, she has larger breasts. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe Capcom initially put a smaller size on the page.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, this has nothing to do with appealing to the North American market.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PureRok

What?

Why are they making her boobs bigger? They were fine to begin with. Now I don't want to play her.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By guiseppe

Haha, great.