Inside XBOX - X019

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

So, was there anything interesting mentioned.

I'm at work, maybe like others here, so I don't know if this is a big event or a small event. To be honest, I didn't know there was anything scheduled, but I assume much like PlayStation events, Giant Bomb doesn't streaming them live unless it is actually a big deal in their mind ahead of time.

So if you did watch it or are watching ist now, what did you think? Did they reveals anything that excites you? Did they add to a service in a way that tempst you now? Has an announced game cemented a buying decision, or just made a past decision smarter?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cikame

All i know is that an early gameplay trailer for Age of Empires 4 was shown, it looks fine, and that Obsidian are making a co-op survival game with a Honey I Shrunk the Kids theme.
edit: Oh and some of the Yakuza games are coming to Xbox.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

I didn't get to see the whole thing, but they opened with a new IP from Rare: Everwild. Looks to have less of the jokey tone they're known for... maybe they're trying to have a Naughty Dog-esque transition? Might be something to keep your eye on.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I didn't watch it but looks like...:

• Yakuza 0, Kiwami, and K2 coming to Game Pass early next year.
  • Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition out today on PC
  • Halo Reach coming to Game Pass and PC December
  • West of Dead, game starring Ron Perlman, beta available today, an isometric twin-stick shooter with a Western cel-shaded type of look
  • Grounded by Obsidian, a co-op survival game announced for XB1
  • Everwild by Rare, not much to say, very early
  • Ninja Theory's Bleeding Edge coming March 24th, 2020
  • Tell Me Why by Dontnod, another narrative game (they still haven't shown Twin Mirror since reveal, the game they partnered with Bandai to do.)
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

@liquiddragon: Yah I was just watching and I don't know how they got Yakuza and a bunch of Final Fantasy games to get on there??? I thought Sony would have those properties locked up.

Also Rage 2 is available now apparently which is really soon but hey, for free I'm willing to check it out.

Game Pass continues to be an amazing deal and I'm sort of kicking myself for not doing the 3 year trick with the upgrade instead of just getting it tanked up until the end of next year.

No Caption Provided

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I knew buying Rage 2 for cheap was a mistake. I went out of my way to check it wasn't on gamepass and lo and behold now it is.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Down with checking out Rage 2 on Game Pass, and I'm very excited for Halo in December. I'm very curious about that Dontnod game. Still need to play Life is Strange 2.

gonzotgreat23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more games they add the harder it is for other companies to get me to pay $60 for a game I don't know I'll like.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Damn, a lot of games I bought relatively recently.

It's great that the Yakuza games are going to be on there though, i'm surprised it's taken so long honestly. (to be on Xbox, not gamepass) Hopefully this helps the franchise grow in the west, not that I feel like there was any risk of them not being localised or anything, (Sega caught on finally) i'm just hoping eventually the games will launch around the same time in all regions. (i'm being greedy, I know)

Brittinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Gamepass is the gift that keeps on giving. By the time I finish Jedi Fallen Order and Pokémon, Halo Reach should be out. I never played it but I'm definitely excited to jump into the remastered version.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By tds418

Just hopped back into Master Chief Collection this week so I'm excited Reach is coming very soon. I have a lot of fond memories of Reach from the 360 days when it was new. Also excited as someone that doesn't own a PlayStation to be able to try out Yakuza after listening to Alex talk about it many times.

@brittinius Reach is very good and definitely holds up to the earlier games (1-3). It feels like Bungie's farewell to the series.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jeremyf: I thought the Rare trailer was fucking beautiful.

I don’t know what it is or if I’ll like it, but it felt a little Zelda, a little Prince of Persia 2008, and I feel like there may have been a touch of Don Bluth, or something, in the animation. I’m not sure what it was, but at times it felt like a well-animated feature from the late 80s or early 90s.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mostly had this on in the background while I did other stuff:

New AoE looks great. Thought it was a Total War trailer at first so it should at least lead to some nice visuals a la Dawn of War.

Yay for Reach. And I am still pretty sure I am double dipping on principle because owning Halo on Steam is stupid in funny ways

Eager to finally give the Yakuza games a shot. I think I might have some of them on Steam through Humble, but console feels more like the place to play

And I legitimately started cracking up as the Square-Enix folk had to go down the list of games. It was clear even the Japanese folk started thinking things were stupid by the time they got to Kingdom Hearts, but that is very much a bed of stupid ass naming conventions that company made.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Down with checking out Rage 2 on Game Pass, and I'm very excited for Halo in December. I'm very curious about that Dontnod game. Still need to play Life is Strange 2.

I have to return to Life Is Strange 2 as well. I'm glad they are making more games, I hope the exclusive does not stay exclusive for long.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@sparky_buzzsaw said:

I have to return to Life Is Strange 2 as well. I'm glad they are making more games, I hope the exclusive does not stay exclusive for long.

I'm glad they found their niche but man Remember Me had such great potential. I always thought it was above average with some flaws here and there but the vision, creative direction and art design were all so damn good for a sci-fi junkie. So it's always a shame when I see them continue down the narrative story rabbit hole when they looked to be a solid action game developer given some more time and experience.