• 74 results
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

I was listening to Major Nelsons 343rd Podcast and his guest said that "Bungie was handing down Halo to 343" once I heard that that I went to Bungie.net and read there update. Most of the update was FAQs about Reach, but at the end the singed off as "Smell Ya Later Foreva". So is Bungie disbanding Halo or is there a miss understanding?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

They are going to at least take a long break from making Halo games but they aren't going away. They already have something else in the works.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Bungie's work on Halo will be ending.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I hope so. I'm tired of Halo.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

How people still don't know this is mind boggling to me.  Bungie disbanded from Microsoft two years ago because they didn't agree with the direction and influence Microsoft held.  Microsoft owns the rights to Halo, and Reach is supposedly the last Halo game Bungie is going to make, as they have no obligations to make more of them. 

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Lies

Reach is Bungie's last Halo game, then they'll be moving onto a new IP. 343 Industries will develop future Halo games and handle the franchise from here on out.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By meteora

Well its about time...

Though I'm surprised that Bungie is willing to give up the rights of Halo; wouldn't it be a smarter business practice to stick with Microsoft? I don't recall them making any other notable game other than the Halo series.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@TheMustacheHero said:
" I hope so. I'm tired of Halo. "
Bungie moving on just means (most likely) shittier Halo games and no Marty.  Not to sound like a A-hole, but do you have a 360?  If not, how can you be sick of something you haven't played?  
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Bungie moving on just means (most likely) shittier Halo games and no Marty.  Not to sound like a A-hole, but do you have a 360?  If not, how can you be sick of something you haven't played?   "
I have a 360, yes. And all the Halo games excluding ODST because it was a rip-off at that price.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Halo games aren't bad. They're my personal favorite FPS games. All the Halo bashers can die in a hole somewhere.  

That said, I think this is good for Bungie. They need a breather from Halo. I'd rather see them make the next big thing... something even better.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Bungie moving on just means (most likely) shittier Halo games and no Marty.  Not to sound like a A-hole, but do you have a 360?  If not, how can you be sick of something you haven't played?   "
I have a 360, yes. And all the Halo games excluding ODST because it was a rip-off at that price. "
Well like I said, Bungie leaving is a bad thing for Halo.  But hey, hopefully Bungie's next IP is even better. 
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By AndrewB

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Bungie doing something besides Halo. It's been a long, long time, and they seem like a very talented bunch. To be honest, Reach is the last Halo game I can ever see myself being interested in, and not just because it's the last Bungie developed one. But that's another discussion.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360

Hope they make something that's not a fps or halo cause i want to see what else they can do. Maybe they can make a good platformer that would be good to go back to.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fripplebubby
@scarace360 said:
" Hope they make something that's not a fps or halo cause i want to see what else they can do. Maybe they can make a good platformer that would be good to go back to. "
Yeah, because god knows they didn't make millions and millions of dollars and become world famous from making Halo fps's. I imagine the smartest thing for bungie is a, "Well, screw that" kind of approach. 

Naw, but 343 was the publisher or publicitator or something on the other Halo games, but are they actually a game studio, or do they just get the rights and merchandising profit?
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJOR64

I really want to see Bungie make new IP.

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrjared

Some of you guys act as if Bungie has never made a game that wasn't called Halo before :) 

As someone who grew up with Bungie on the Mac, I can't wait to see what they do next. I'm still a huge Halo fan though, so I'll still be on board with 343 after Reach. Microsoft isn't taking the franchise responsibility lightly and they've assembled an extremely talented group. So long as they don't try and go "HALO 4 OMG" I'll be happy with whatever they announce next.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mordukai
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
I have a 360, yes. And all the Halo games excluding ODST because it was a rip-off at that price. "
Well like I said, Bungie leaving is a bad thing for Halo.  But hey, hopefully Bungie's next IP is even better.  "
I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that it will be a FPS. *winks*
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Please oh please OH PLEASE make the new IP an ONI or MARATHON game.  I know ONI, MARATHON and HALO all exist in the same universe but it's such a long timeline and I really LOVED ONI.  I also dug Marathon for its interesting on take self aware AI, what they called rampancy.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Raven

This is great news, I want something other than Halo from Bungie.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

About time. I was really looking forward to a new IP (or a reboot of an existing IP) from Bungie when they left microsoft. The whole reason they split from MS was because they wanted to work on different stuff, yet they just kept working on Halo games. Finally we'll see something new from them.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DeShawn2ks

I really hope not. I am not a fan of the Halo series at all and I am really curious if Bungie can do something else besides Halo. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By penguindust

Like a few of the other responses here, I want to see Bungie do something else.  Halo will live on like the massive cash cow that it is under Microsoft, but Bungie will try their hands at something new.  I know some of you may not realize this, but there was a time when they made other games.  Myth: The Fallen Lords was one of my favorite RTS games back in the late 90's.  They have talent, so I'd love to see what else they can conjure up.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK

Well if you read weekly updates and things there is one project mentioned that has yet to be revealed.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Snail
@TheMustacheHero said:
Who isn't?
Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
@Snail said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Who isn't? "
People who enjoy the games.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Snail
@Fish_Face_McGee: Still, 5 Halo games and counting. The formula does tend to get repetitive.
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
@Snail said:

" @Fish_Face_McGee: Still, 5 Halo games and counting. The formula does tend to get repetitive. "

Well in that case, then everyone should be tired of Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Battlefield, or really any game franchise ever.  You don't fuck up a good thing. If you don't like Halo because Halo isn't your cup of tea, that's great.  However, my question then is, why do you care about Halo?
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Snail
@Fish_Face_McGee: Those games change formulas.

Call of Duty went from WWII to Modern Warfare after just 3 games. Battlefield has 1943, 2142 and Bad Company. Guitar Hero added two peripherals on their fourth game, and even still I see the new Guitar Hero and Rock Band games as expansions to the previous game, rather than a sequel per se.

I don't like Halo because of its run-of-the-mill gameplay and because of how much Halo 3 feels about the same as Halo 1.

Have said.
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

So the formula for you is the setting, because otherwise the formula is the exact fucking same for all of those games.  Call of Duty: Play as different soldiers and big setpieces with multiplayer that has no right being as popular as it is. Battlefield: Class-based multiplayer.  Guitar Hero/Rock Band, you're hitting buttons in time with music.   I mean, it's unfair to ask Halo to be anything other than Halo.  Guess what? Halo: Reach is going to take place in the Halo universe.  

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheMustacheHero said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said: I have a 360, yes. And all the Halo games excluding ODST because it was a rip-off at that price. "
I don't know what ODST cost where your from but in the UK it was cheap. For example ODST at launch was £35, £50 for the special edition, and MW2 at launch was £50 for the standard edition, so yeah that wasn't much of a problem for me. 

@Fish_Face_McGee said:
"@Snail said:

" @Fish_Face_McGee: Still, 5 Halo games and counting. The formula does tend to get repetitive. "

Well in that case, then everyone should be tired of Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Battlefield, or really any game franchise ever.  You don't fuck up a good thing. If you don't like Halo because Halo isn't your cup of tea, that's great.  However, my question then is, why do you care about Halo? "

well said.
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dylabaloo
@Snail said:
" @Fish_Face_McGee: Those games change formulas.  Call of Duty went from WWII to Modern Warfare after just 3 games. Battlefield has 1943, 2142 and Bad Company. Guitar Hero added two peripherals on their fourth game, and even still I see the new Guitar Hero and Rock Band games as expansions to the previous game, rather than a sequel per se.  I don't like Halo because of its run-of-the-mill gameplay and because of how much Halo 3 feels about the same as Halo 1.  Have said. "
For me the leap between halo 2 to 3 added loads more things to do, forge mode is just so damn fun some of my fondest memories online have been playing infection on all the crazy maps my friends and I made. Halo as a single player experience is average it really shines when you play with your friends and their friends until you have a big group of peeps.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Snail said:
" @Fish_Face_McGee: Those games change formulas.  Call of Duty went from WWII to Modern Warfare after just 3 games. Battlefield has 1943, 2142 and Bad Company. Guitar Hero added two peripherals on their fourth game, and even still I see the new Guitar Hero and Rock Band games as expansions to the previous game, rather than a sequel per se.  I don't like Halo because of its run-of-the-mill gameplay and because of how much Halo 3 feels about the same as Halo 1.  Have said. "
COD had more than 3 WWII games, don't forget the two on PSP and Battlefield had 1942, Vietnam, BF2, 2142, Bad Company, BF : Heroes and THEN 1943 - so DICE has pretty much gone full circle but there's also BC2 on the horizon.  In COD games the formula didn't change until Modern Warfare and MW2 is just more of the same with some improvements and added coop missions.  In BF games the formula changed slightly with each new game until they did BFBC where the game nature changed a lot and that has bled into Heroes and 1943 and looks like it's already in BC2.  Halo's change will be Reach, that's it otherwise Halo multi with the small exception of Firefight has pretty gone unchanged since Halo 2.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#33  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online

I hope they make something else that isn't a FPS or Halo related. I admittedly enjoyed Halo 3 when it came out and can see that Bungie is full of talented people, but I am at the point where I find the pace of those games too slow when compared to the caffeinated madness of MW2.

stinky51012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By stinky51012

i pray they are

Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Nemesis

That would awesome if they are leaving. They really have killed gaming, and any creativity associated with it. Not to mention their legions of 12 year old fans. Good riddance to trash as I would say.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By handlas
@Nemesis said:
" That would awesome if they are leaving. They really have killed gaming, and any creativity associated with it. Not to mention their legions of 12 year old fans. Good riddance to trash as I would say. "
and yet you are the top editor of the Bungie page.
idefygravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By idefygravity

i wouldnt count on bungie going away 

but it would be nice to have better support for the games

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 02sfraser

after halo 3 bungie said they were stepping down as a 2nd party for microsoft and won't just be making Halo. i'm guessing they were under contract to make another or they wanted to finish halo themselves. only time will tell

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Nemesis said:
" That would awesome if they are leaving. They really have killed gaming, and any creativity associated with it. Not to mention their legions of 12 year old fans. Good riddance to trash as I would say. "
What are you talking about?  Halo: CE was a pretty groundbreaking game, if it's "killed creativity" it's only because practically every FPS since has copied its formula.
Making a few sequels to that isn't any worse than what every single other gaming company does out there, and at least they're stepping away now so they can work on other things.

I've met more annoying 12 year olds playing WoW and MW2 than I have on Halo. 
It's trash like you that's ruining the gaming industry, not the games themselves.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iam3green

good, i'm tired of hearing about halo games. they are kind of boring after halo 3. halo 2 was the best but 3 just seemed like the same thing. 

am i the only one who is tired of sequels? i sure am tired of sequels. i want to see new games that are good. i would not care about a sequel that came out like 3 years after the game but one year is a little to short.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By get2sammyb

Do we recokon they'll, a) make another FPS and/or; b) work on the Playstation 3/Wii? After-all, staying XBOX-exclusive this long hasn't done them any harm, even if they have been working on Microsoft's biggest property.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@get2sammyb said:

" Do we recokon they'll, a) make another FPS and/or; b) work on the Playstation 3/Wii? After-all, staying XBOX-exclusive this long hasn't done them any harm, even if they have been working on Microsoft's biggest property. "

I think Microsoft has a first look deal with Bungie now so they'll probably just be on Xbox.  They have made non-fps games but that has to be their comfort zone now, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Nemesis said:
What are you talking about?  Halo: CE was a pretty groundbreaking game, if it's "killed creativity" it's only because practically every FPS since has copied its formula. Making a few sequels to that isn't any worse than what every single other gaming company does out there, and at least they're stepping away now so they can work on other things.  I've met more annoying 12 year olds playing WoW and MW2 than I have on Halo.  It's trash like you that's ruining the gaming industry, not the games themselves. "

You're right on.  Nemesis just bashes anything in typical videogame-forum-douche style.  Halo is great, especially Halo 1 which was indeed groundbreaking as a console FPS.  I never thought I would eventually choose to play my FPS games on a console over my PC.  Halo started all that.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By get2sammyb
@Stephen_Von_Cloud: Awww, I didn't know they had a "first-look" deal with Microsoft. I was expecting a Bungie game published by EA or Activision or Ubisoft or something. :(

No PS3 then, but I guess it makes sense, like I said - it's not like working with Microsoft has sucked for them.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

That's cool. I'm sure Bungie will put out something good. It would be nice to see them doing something other than the Halo franchise again. Bring back MARATHON!!!

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Snail
@Dylabaloo said:
" @Snail said:
For me the leap between halo 2 to 3 added loads more things to do, forge mode is just so damn fun some of my fondest memories online have been playing infection on all the crazy maps my friends and I made. Halo as a single player experience is average it really shines when you play with your friends and their friends until you have a big group of peeps. "
 There are much better multiplayer games than Halo, that is a fact.

@SeriouslyNow said:
" @Snail said:
COD had more than 3 WWII games, don't forget the two on PSP and Battlefield had 1942, Vietnam, BF2, 2142, Bad Company, BF : Heroes and THEN 1943 - so DICE has pretty much gone full circle but there's also BC2 on the horizon.  In COD games the formula didn't change until Modern Warfare and MW2 is just more of the same with some improvements and added coop missions.  In BF games the formula changed slightly with each new game until they did BFBC where the game nature changed a lot and that has bled into Heroes and 1943 and looks like it's already in BC2.  Halo's change will be Reach, that's it otherwise Halo multi with the small exception of Firefight has pretty gone unchanged since Halo 2. "
Anyhow, the formulas of the game varied. Battlefield went to a futuristic setting at some point, and CoD went to Modern Warfare, as you said. BF really changed a lot when they went to BC. What makes you say Reach will be such a change from the same old formula? How is it comparable to the changes in the aforementioned franchises?
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks that this turned into a "Pro v. Con Halo" argument. 

But I think it will be good for Bungie to stretch their legs a bit. It seems clear that the guys and gals in that studio are pretty exhausted with the Halo mythos. I'd like to see a new Myth entry. Or maybe a brand new IP all together.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zombie2011

Why are people talking about COD and Battlefield. This is why i hate Halo topics on GB because it always turns into a "Halo isn't the best FPS" and "PC online games are so much better" thread. 

On topic: I've never played any other Bungie game. I've heard of Oni and Marathon, heard they were quite good so i'd like to see what else Bungie can make.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@Snail said:
" @Dylabaloo said:
" @Snail said:
For me the leap between halo 2 to 3 added loads more things to do, forge mode is just so damn fun some of my fondest memories online have been playing infection on all the crazy maps my friends and I made. Halo as a single player experience is average it really shines when you play with your friends and their friends until you have a big group of peeps. "
 There are much better multiplayer games than Halo, that is a fact.

Stop being a fucking troll. 
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Snail
@MAN_FLANNEL: You're right. That comment was troll-esque. Sorry about that.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Skytylz

Why does everyone hate on halo for realeasing a similar game 3 times in a row over several years when cod came out with the same game 3 years in a row, oh i like mw2 alot by the way.