• 80 results
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

One dollar Bob!

I mean it is named One after all so it only makes sense.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah 499$ for both is what I'm going to say. Obviously we in Europe are going to pay a lot more. Maybe 450€ (~580$) if we are lucky.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

For Australia I'm guessing $600 - $800 per console. For America probably $500(AKA fuck you America).

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@benspyda said:

For Australia I'm guessing $600 - $800 per console. For America probably $500(AKA fuck you America).

Spot on, and agreed. Higher Aussie dollar be damned.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Icemo

People seem to underestimate how expensive a 1080p Kinect sensor would be. The motion sensor device for ps4 would be a lot cheaper to do since it detects the light coming out of the dualshock and positions the controller into 3d space. I don't think Microsoft would be able to sell Xbox One cheaper than PS4 unless they decide not to make any profit.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Darji

399$ or 399€ for both

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By yagami

It will be low. If Sony plays it smart, they will do a pay/month thing. $79 for the console, then 6 months = $79/month or so.

So far I am not interested in the XboxOne, AT ALL. It was a very underwhelming conference and they have made me want to go the Sony road once again. - Put lightly, IT WAS A HUGE FUCKING CLUSTERFUCK!

If I would have to guess, MS will not have a low price for PSZero. I'm guessing $499.

Of course they will keep the Xbox Live fees. If not, i'll *** in my own face and post a video of it on youtube.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

My guess is 600$ upwards with minimal difference between the consoles or, as the OP already suggested, crazy subscription plans.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By myke_tuna

$499 for both. $399 for the cheapest version if either go that route again.

If these prices ring true, I'll just set aside that much money for PC upgrades. That's a pretty good chunk of change.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By PhilESkyline

Tier 1

Xbox One with 1TB HD - $499.99 (box) + $100 (internet and maybe cable service) + $60 (XBL could be higher)

Total = $659.99

Tier 2

Xbox One with 500GB HD - $299.99 (box) + $100 (internet and maybe cable service) + $15 a month XBL for 2 years ($360).

Total = $759.99

PS4 - $499.99 500GB HD but expandable (box) internet service not required at the moment and PSPlus is optional at the moment.

Total = $499.99 pending

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61  Edited By Levio

I think they've been losing way too much money on hardware to continue to justify the price subsidies we've seen in the past. So I'm guessing about $450 each.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By InternetDotCom

1 dollar!

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemo said:

I don't think Microsoft would be able to sell Xbox One cheaper than PS4 unless they decide not to make any profit.

I can almost guarantee that both the PS4 and XBONE will be sold at a loss. It happens with just about every new console.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By turboman

I don't see the PS4 being cheaper at the counter, unless you are adding the Xbox Live subscription fee (which don't even know how it is going to be yet).

XBone is coming with Kinect 2.0, which is going to cost at least $100 dollars more to every system.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

And with all the positive press Sony has I think they blink first and announce the price and date.

Microsoft has the first E3 press conference. There's no way they don't give a price point by the end.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@turboman said:

@time_lord said:

And with all the positive press Sony has I think they blink first and announce the price and date.

Microsoft has the first E3 press conference. There's no way they don't give a price point by the end.

Really? Oh man that gives Sony so many options. If prices are going to be 499, that gives them the option to go 495 just to be the cheaper console.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

$399 is possible, but optimistic. $499 is probably the best bet. $599 will be way too much. You might sell to the hardcore crowd with tons of spending money that way, and to the rich parents who also have tons of money, but the college kid scraping by on his meager work check and the blue-collar father who has to manage what he has are both going to be hard pressed to buy a console that costs more than a decent laptop.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nekroskop

Xbox 1: $1000 USD excluding cable subscription fees and tv-licensing fees.(which are 1000 USD per year in total)

PS4: $800 USD.

Norway prices

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OP nailed it.

Considering an iphone costs $650 unclocked and $200 with 2 year contract, OP's prices should not raise eyebrows.

What would raise iBrows is if there was no unlocked SKU initially, ala apple. Its very possible, considering that XBLive positioning is way up in the air.

MS may just decide to take on the whole cell phone model: initially only offer subsidized box with contract and then offer "pre-paid" plans with unlocked boxes.

Alternatively, MS might go with the cable model and sell tiers of XBLive services:

- basic (online play): $9/month

- plus (online play and some premium service): $15/month

- premium (plus with HBO Go, free used game pass, NFL Fantasy app): $25/month.

- sports bro package (???): $49.99/month

- shooter bro package (monthly cat helmet club): $79.99/month

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think either will be more than $499.99
That being said, I have no clue, both could possibly land at that price point.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71  Edited By kaos_cracker

I'm guessing $500 for PS4 and either $400 for Xbox One or they may both be $500.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Skytylz

I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbone is $299 or $349 depending on how much the Kinect sensor is costing them. I'm about 50/50 on whether or not the PS4 will include their sensor or not and if they do I think it will be a fair amount more and be $449 or $499.

fiberpay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XbO = $449.99

PS4 = $499.99

Avatar image for davidbowienoreally
DavidBowieNoReally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, now that Sony isn't as arrogant as it was after the end of the PS2 run, and Microsoft is thinking they won this last gen.

I'd say

PS4: 499ish

Xbonx: 599ish

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RonGalaxy

They're going to have lose money on the consoles either way (they make their money back super quick with day 1 game/accessory purchases.

I'm going out in left field and saying MS announces (at e3) the price at $450. Sony, being strategic mofos, wait until TGS to announce the price, as to be more competitive with MS (who can take the hit of a loss better). Knowing this they price at 400.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Peanut

Can we stop calling it the XBone? That's awful.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

No Caption Provided

Im guessing about 300. From the saturn to the Wii-U 300 has been the magic number.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4: $450 with Sony selling them at a fat loss.

The Bone: $399 with Microsoft also selling at a loss, but a much smaller loss.

Zohar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zohar

*haven't read thread*

PS4 - $399 to $449

XB1 - $499 outright $299 subsidy 2 year Live contract agreement OR some kind of comcast/cox bundle. Heck, if XB1 just becomes the cable box in your house (as in, Comcast replaces their normal cable box with the XB1 as the de-facto cable box) Microsoft may actually have something big on their hands.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll both release at $449 a week apart.

Rasrimra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are going to add so many servers to XBL, and XBL brought in so much money, and recently they didn't lower but upped (!) the XBL fee.
I think those are enough solid indications to presume that they will ask for an XBL fee again and probably higher than last generation.
Then again they make these weird sales predictions that make you think they will have a really low entry fee.

Sony has always been very stubborn and relatively predictable. If they see something successful they will certainly copy it. So I'm expecting
them to ask a mandatory fee as well to play online. Their specs are higher but their R&D costs might be way lower. I'm not sure on that. You
would think Sony would never price a console at $600 again but I am not sure that history would stop them from doing so. I think the fee will
stop them from doing so.

I am guessing a $200 Xbox One with 3 years of $20 per month (If you subtract a double XBL fee (servers and partnerships) that would be a
360+200=$560 console.) and after that a $10 per month fee for XBL.
And a $450 PS4 with a $5 per month fee for PSN, $10 per month fee for PSN+.