• 118 results
mburdett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mburdett

Like everyone I'm trying to get through The Witcher 3. The story and writing is great but I think the open world setup is unnecessary and distracting. I find myself wishing the game was a little more linear. I really have to force myself to ignore side stuff and just mainline the story; otherwise there is no way I will ever finish that game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux. I picked up the bundle shortly before Christmas because it was like $10 but got super busy then I came down with a bad cold. I also picked up Stardew Valley and the Witness around the same time, but now that those are out of the way, I'm good to go...

...or rather I would be, but the new patch for FFXIV comes out later today and Gravity Rush 2 comes out on Friday.

But I swear...I'm totally going to get around to Metro for real eventually probably maybe if I have time.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Condemned probably. Also want to play more of The Witness.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2017 is the year I finally finish Mario 2

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bunch of 2015 games I'd love to get back to this year. Fallout, Until Dawn, some of the expansion stuff for Witcher.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ColossalGhost

This will be the year I finally complete Persona 4 Golden.

jarshdelaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've had Pillars of Eternity sitting in my library for over a year now, and I think I'm going to finally dive into it and beat it before the Switch and Nier Automata come out!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've got Doom to finish up. Hitman, but I'm planning on playing that off and on for a while now-level 20 mastery on Paris so I'm just now getting to Sapienza. Mafia 3, that's prolly my biggest maybe I'm just done with it game. Then I have a shit load of untouched games I've bought from sales. Last of Us is on there Resident Evil 4 (never beat it back in the day), Rayman, Mortal Kombat X, The Witness, Axiom Verge...my parents also gave me their old Wii since they don't use it. I missed out on a lot of GameCube and Wii games since one I only played at friend's houses and the other was a family console so I'm looking into getting some of those games. Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 is pretty cheap on the Gamestop website and I remember thinking those were bad ass when playing at a friends.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@teddie: it's the sewer level that turns me away

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By BoOzak

ZOE: Second Runner and Shadow of the Colossus are games that come to mind.

I also got about halfway through Viewtiful Joe before I got fed up. I think it was the train level? I really want to like that game, but something about the camera and platforming feels off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9ece82a6c
deactivated-5d9e9ece82a6c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaper of souls

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Skyrim....

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Mass Effect 2 >.<

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just downloaded and installed BioShock Infinite on my PC. I've been intending to play it since release. In fact, I already owned it for PS3 when I bought it for PC. My PS3 copy was boxed up along with the PS3 and 40 or so other games I never started and put in the shed because I hardly ever fire it up anymore, it was taking up a lot of space and I do all my gaming on PC and tablet these days. My biggest backlog regret is Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I tried to love it. It just never hooked me. Twenty hours in, I put down the controller and put away the PS3. Getting an English copy in Korea was no mean nor cheap feat neither.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been thinking about finally playing Lightning Returns... because I enjoy making good life choices.

A friend and I started that together last year, and I agree, it certainly is a life choice.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I need to play "The Last of Us" and "Ni No Kuni", like for real...for real, for real.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c802d5244530
deactivated-5c802d5244530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally got around to finishing Limbo and I just started The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I have around 200 Steam games plus a bunch of older games I want to play through emulation. I doubt I'll ever see through half of them if I want to keep any sort of social life. My pc is using the i5 6500 integrated gpu at the moment so it's all catching up on old stuff for the foreseeable future

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I constantly have a backlog of more games than there is time to play, but I am doing pretty well so far this year. Just finished up Dishonored 2, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, and Hitman.

ScrivenerJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose a good start is this stack I'm staring at right now that includes:

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Mafia III
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Titanfall 2
  • Battlefield 1
  • Dark Souls III

Of course I have Yakuza 0 arriving next week to suck away a lot of my time and frankly I know my backlog clearing will likely get fucked over royally.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I have too many to mention but some 'highlights' would be Doom, Watch_Dogs 2, Mad Max and both Tomb Raider games (I partly played through the first).

I just recently, finally hammered through the Tomb Raider remake - it shows that age of a game that is just a few years old and you know they refined but it was really good and I'm glad I saw it through. It definitely got me in the mood to play Rise of the Tomb Raider, and actually kicked off my want to finish Uncharted 4 and Last of Us....BUT then I watched a few episodes of Mr. Robot and Watch_Dogs 2 was on Midweek deals or something on Steam. Man, I think they really redeemed themselves and I'm a big fan of WD2 - it's bumped to the top of my "finish soon" list - and if you do start it my recommendation is to try your best to play it ghost/stealth. It's extremely satisfying when you use the cameras/drones to get a mission done without ever even entering the restricted area. I also can't say anything about Doom that hasn't been said - so good.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only backlog game I'm really looking to finish before the spring rush is Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone DLC. Got stuck on a boss fight and haven't gone back in months.

ajroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive played neither of the Dishonored games and have Dishonored 2 sitting on my table. I swear im going to play it soon. Probably.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By SamanthaK

These are the game i want to finish this year.

Tomb Raider (2013)

Fallout 4

L.A. Noire

RAGE

The Witcher 3

I have more games i want to complete but the list would be too long :P

Bigredcelt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divinity: Dragon commander. I'm god awful at RTS but I love the concept of managing relations with all the factions on the ship.

ItsaCorey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My backlog game is The Old Hunters expansion for Bloodborne.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

Final Fantasy XIII.

I like it enough that I want to beat it but on PS3, lost save file, got it cheap on PC and got super far into it there, video card died. So I either buy a new GPU which is probably not soon since Switch and bunch of feb/march games or start over from beginning on PS3.

emumford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This year my goal is to complete Skyrim for the first time. The game is now 6 years old and I have sunk almost 500 hours into it but I've never even gotten through half of the main quest or even explored the DLC content. I keep getting wrapped up with side quests and modding. Biggest issue as to why I never finished it was either I got distracted and couldn't play for a while making it difficult to pick up where I left off, or my save would become corrupted. I'm still going to mod the game (there are some mods I just can't enjoy this game without, muh survival..) but this time I'm planning on less mods, and I am going to try to complete the special edition version of Skyrim for hopefully better stability.

The Witcher games are also on my list, however I want to finish reading the novels before diving headfirst into all of that. I've read all of the books except for The Tower of Swallows and Lady of the Lake (which I believe the english version is due out in March), and I have really enjoyed them.

Then there's DOOM (2k16), Dishonored 1-2, various Final Fantasy games, Mass Effect 3, Metro Last Light, guh the list goes on and on..

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 3.

Played the first two on xbox, but never got the third game for it. Now I have them all for PC and have recently completed 1 and 2 and carried my save over to a new game in 3. It's time.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm doing it right now! Bought Dishonored 2 at launch, played it up to the first encounter with Bloodflies and didn't touch it until yesterday. Now I'm proud to say I've just finished the clockwork mansion level and I've got so much momentum I think I'll actually finish the game!

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this Jan-Mar is actually one of the heaviest new release window that we've had for in a long, long time, and I have no time to play anything old. Between Yakuza 0, Horizon, Zelda, I'm gonna be very busy. Lotta other great looking things out right now too but nothing I plan to play due to resources.

CMCali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to get through the Witcher 3 again (get the best ending) and work my way through the DLC, which I haven't been able to try yet.

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to finish The Witcher 3, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Devil May Cry. Those are probably my top three.

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I've had a copy of Brigador tempting me from my Steam library for the last few months. I also bought Hitman over the holidays, but I've only played the tutorial level. I should play more of that. I hear it's pretty good.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm starting Bully in like two hours!

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if it counts since it came out so recently, but I'm almost finished with watch dogs 2 ^_^ it's pretty good! Much better than the first game in my opinion ?

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not limiting myself to January-March (because I am so busy with University, and there are so many games coming out anyway) but I do want to finish Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) or Xenoblade Chronicles X before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 come out (which may be the end of the year). I truly adore both of those games but the latter is so vast and daunting to get through with my limited time. The former is so important to me that it pains me to see it end. I'm right before the point-of-no-return in Xenoblade so all I need is the push to finally bring that game closure.

I have lots of games in my backlog as I rarely play games to completion without jumping to another - I love the variety - so who knows what I'll get around to (I've been playing Bloodborne this week for instance), but Xenoblade is the game that I keep thinking about. Nevertheless, I'm off to start Final Fantasy X like I have so many times before <3

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish:

I couldn't've said it better myself. I, too, came to this same conclusion and I feel much happier now.
Gaming is a hobby, not a requirement. I play what I want to play without feeling guilty anymore.

buttle826

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By buttle826

I'm FINALLY playing The Witcher 3, and that game is as incredible as everyone says.

I did decide to play it on easy, which I think is the reason I'm sticking with it this time. When I tried it when it first came out, I just didn't have the time to invest in all of the story stuff, plus try to get good at the relatively difficult combat. I'm really loving it on easy though, because it's still difficult enough that you can't just mash your way through every encounter.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90  Edited By Darth_Navster

I've recently got laid off, which honestly hasn't been the worst thing in the world. Still, I figure I should tighten my financial belt until I get another job so new game buying is going on a moratorium. The good news is my backlog is all I have to play. So far I managed to get through Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and actually put time into Destiny. Next up, Day of the Tentacle, Abzu, Killer Instinct, and hopefully Dark Souls.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I cleaned out my backlog of quite a few games last year. In 2016 I finished some absolutely amazing old games. I played through all the Souls games and Bloodborne. I also played Last of Us, Alien Isolation, Life is Strange, and The Beginner's Guide. So, this year I might sit down and finally beat the new Deus Ex games.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Suikoden III is high on my get-to list for 2017, but only after I finish up the original Final Fantasy. I'm playing both on my PS3 and really only want to focus on one big RPG at a time.

Zebasteroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will complete Axiom Verge. I must.

beliefmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am FINALLY playing Demon Souls. Started it up a week ago after finally getting a working PS3 in my possession. After playing all the other 'Souls' games (Bloodborne being the only game I've ever cared enough to actually Platinum) it is fantastic to finally play that thing. MGS4 is next up on the formerly elusive PS3 checklist.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping to get through Mass Effect 3 and Dishonored.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96  Edited By big_denim

I've made a New Year's Resolution that I can't buy more than 3 games this year so I can finally chop away at my ridiculous backlog of games.

Next up after Blood and Wine will probably be one of these games:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Mad Max

Metal Gear Rising

Watch dogs 2

EDIT: And add Dying Light, Salt/Sanctuary and Darksiders to that list. Dammit...I have way too many games, and too little time.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@big_denim: My wife and I have something similar. I have a list of backlog games and I have to complete 5 before I can buy a new game.

Right now I am finally playing Skyward Sword. I started it, got to the Ancient Cistern dungeon and then moved and by the time I hooked my Wii back up forgot everything about the game. After that I am looking at one of Brutal Legend, Gears of War 3, whichever DS Castlevania I randomly grab or Mario and Luigi Paper Jam.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall 2 for sure. I got it on sale through an Origin sale but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I have wanted to ever since it came out. Its definitely next up...for real this time...or so I'm telling myself.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I decided to make 2017 the clean year. As much as it pains me in some ways I'm letting my backlog go. I wanted to get to Mafia 3, Evil Within, Civ 6, and a few others... I just can't, there are already so many awesome games out that I don't have the time. I'm instead deciding to try and use 2017 as a way to spend more in-depth time with games I really enjoy. Last year I played and finished 71 games. I would've loved to play more DOOM or Overwatch or game xyz, but I have a tendency to bounce around and play as much as possible. I don't mind that necessarily, but I definitely would like to spend more time really devouring games now and then. I've been digging Gravity Rush 2 and getting ready to start RE VII. If there's a REAL dry spell I might go back to something from previous years, but I'm really gonna try and focus on the present this year.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Factorio. I have heard it's very smart and addictive... once you get the feel for it, anyway. As it stands, I just find myself playing RimWorld instead, because I fundamentally "get" that game.

There's an outside chance I'll get to some real oldies as well: Neverwinter Nights 2, Majora's Mask, Chrono Cross.