Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#101  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Jay444111 said:

I will just shut up about my thoughts on gaming, since people find it trollish or something.

Hmm, I wonder why that could be?....Wait, sarcasm doesn't come across in text. I'll just say it's the Yahtzee avatar :P.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#102  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Just a heads up because he didn't post it here Sweep is going to be busy for the next week or so.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By DrPockets000
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#104  Edited By beargirl1
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By fwylo
Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#106  Edited By killroycantkill
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#107  Edited By StarvingGamer
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108  Edited By Commisar123

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/commisar123/blog/ if anyone cares......

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By Turambar

About video games and consistency? Well, I've had a blog post half written about video games for a month now, should probably finish that. But Anime Vice ironically has me occupied as far as keeping a consistent blog going. I'll give it a shot here as well though.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'M going to UPDATE this in a sec, once i have finished this bottle...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annie Clark is in the photoshopped picture. I support whatever this is.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#112  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Sweep: Alright, here's my contribution to the pile. I figured, why not? I mean, Deus Ex is the most relevant its been for 6-7 years at this point.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#113  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I have a perfect idea for my next contribution to the blog initiative. It's a blog in a style I'm not used to, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be terribly written. But the idea is awesome. And if I can write it even half decently it could be amazing. I want to write it now, but it's half past 10 and I should be getting to bed soon. But I want to write this. Now. Aaaaggghhh!!!!

Edit: After thinking about it for five minutes, I'm not sure I'm going to do it. To make it half decent it'll probably take a lot of time and effort. And the more I think about it the more it seems libelous. But the more I think about it, the more hilarious it seems too. I don't know. I'll think about it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Video_Game_King

Eh, might as well whore myself out again. After all, do the other people have banners? I think not!

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#115  Edited By ArcBorealis

@Video_Game_King: I have banners. Lots of them. Made by me.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Alaska_Gamer

What about the one made by Sweep? You need that one.
ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ArcBorealis

@Video_Game_King: Wait until tomorrow.

Vaancor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By Vaancor

Just chiming in to say thanks for getting something like this going. I've been seating on the fence lately, tempted to get back into blogging but just couldn't get the gears turning to start ya know? Most of the best ideas I come up with to write about I think of while I'm at work, but the second I get home FWOOSH! out goes the ideas! Hopefully reading some of the posted blogs will get the gears turning and the fingers typing.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#119  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I've been told by my family and professors that I write well and I have wanted to make a blog for a while now. I might start on that soon.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By NekuSakuraba
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#121  Edited By Hizang

Click here to find out why the N64 is the best console ever made.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I got some blogs that have remained largely ignored (as in the first blog got some attention and the second one has never been seen). It's just a few blogs about my memories of Oblivion (including all the DLC and guilds).

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By Branthog

Is there a reason we need "blogs" at all? Why not just start a compelling post in the forums? I still fail to see the need for separating things out as they have been. If the idea is "blogs are where good conversation is; forums are detritus" then why even have forums?

And if someone feels some particular need for "blogging", then why not just start one of their own? Domains and hosting are cheap.

Yes, I'm biased. Every website having it's own "blog features" for their members was something every webmaster tried in the early part of the last decade and it should have gone the way of AOL discs and the blink tag.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

So here is my new blog. I'm pretty certain this one is terrible because I'm not used to writing parodies, but heck, I thought it was reasonably humorous.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#125  Edited By delta_ass

I blog occasionally. Mostly about games and movies.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MrCandleguy

@Branthog: Maybe you should blog about if we should have blogs.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Hizang

@Branthog: Blogging is for more personal things.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ArcBorealis

New blog entry. Star Fox 64 3D, Ultima IV, and I finish two out of twenty games I plan to play for the next several months.

Sekoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#130  Edited By Sekoku

@Branthog said:

Is there a reason we need "blogs" at all? Why not just start a compelling post in the forums? I still fail to see the need for separating things out as they have been. If the idea is "blogs are where good conversation is; forums are detritus" then why even have forums?

And if someone feels some particular need for "blogging", then why not just start one of their own? Domains and hosting are cheap.

Yes, I'm biased. Every website having it's own "blog features" for their members was something every webmaster tried in the early part of the last decade and it should have gone the way of AOL discs and the blink tag.

I dunno. I don't necessarily disagree with you. But there is some posts (like the TF2 map making posts) that are decent. But I do agree: What is the point of separating both for the purpose of "better discussion in one/both" when you could merge both and have a decent discussion in both. Instead of posting comments to just the blog author going "hey, great post" why not post a link in GiantBomb's forum going "this is an interesting article and maybe we could discuss the topic a little?" The author could pop up as well and provide some incites in that thread.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Featured Blog:

The important thing about Buzz_Clik is you are wearing his clothes. Not in a sexy, morning after kind of way, but in a "Yo, this guy has single-handedly designed almost every Giant Bomb t-shirt that you have ever bought" kind of way. He does more than visualise space neon lobsters that have to work co-operatively, though that would otherwise be considered enough. He also blogs! Which is why we are here. His latest blogging adventures are titled "SID-licious" - a weekly blog in which the music of Commodore 64 SID tunes are discussed and even reproduced by Mr_Clik:

"Undoubtedly a maestro of the SID, Tel always wrote really catchy tunes that had a great pop sensibility. But then there were times he would add some digital magic through his use of samples, and it'd just turn the songs into something even more special. While there are plenty of his original compositions I enjoy (and will probably feature in future instalments) this week's SID-licious is devoted to his cover of the classic Magical Sound Shower theme for Turbo Outrun. Tel considers his work on Turbo Outrun to be some of his best on the C64, and I couldn't agree more."

READ MORE

Featured Blog:

Few people dive into the underlying concepts and design principles of videogames as deeply as Gamer_152, and his understanding of the industry as both a consumer and a programmer make his blogs invaluable to anyone looking for something interesting to read. His blogging spectrum is vast, his knowledge deep. Go and read them, you might actually learn something:

"There seems to be an interesting correlation between how much people know about video games and how much they think the point of a video game is for it to act as a simulation. It’s been a long-held misbelief of people outside of video games that the fun of games comes entirely from them being a simulation of a certain activity, and the idea of gameplay as a source of enjoyment is often forgotten. Surprisingly though, it also appears that even many who do play video games still mistakenly believe that games are primarily simulations and that realism by default makes a game better."

READ MORE

Featured Blog:

Have you ever wanted to get into the map-making scene but were too impatient/lazy/fuckingstupid to actually do anything about it? Well, Akrid has been learning the ropes and sharing his experiences with the rest of the world here on Giant Bomb. His blogs have featured many of his 3D modelling shenanigans and he's currently putting his skills to the test in the creation of a TF2 map. Have you ever wondered how that shit actually works? Well, now's your chance to find out:

"Now, obviously it's an awful waste of resources to have all these polygons (as that is what the brushes are as soon as you're in game) serving no purpose on the "negative" side of the map, the side where with any luck no player will see. That's why it's vital to make sure that the computer doesn't even consider those faces. In source engine, this is done through the "Nodraw" tool, a simple way to tell the computer to ignore the existence of any chosen face of a brush. This once again gives you the ability to have a simple plane. Which, in my opinion, makes this whole system seem a bit crazy. "

READ MORE

Stay tuned for more featured blogs...

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Sweep, I love that your idea of a "sec" is a day.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Video_Game_King
@MattyFTM said:

Sweep, I love that your idea of a "sec" is a day.

He's taking my advice and playing El Shaddai.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Featured blogs have been updated! Gettem while they're hot!

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

I'm just starting this blog up so we'll have to see if I can keep it up regularly without going insane (or poor,) but basically it's a weekly thing, updated every Friday, where I attempt to play every single game released over the past week. I then discuss the strongest and weakest points in a paragraph or two, throw in some screenshots (and eventually some video too -- just have to save up enough to get some new capture equipment) and link to any reviews I might have done of any of the games. In this first, two-part entry, I played catchup with games from the previous week as well, including Resistance 3, Rise of Nightmares, Warhammer 40K Space Marine, Dead Island, Driver San Francisco, Disgaea 4, Bloodrayne Betrayal, Crimson Alliance, Star Fox 64 3D, Red Orchestra 2, The Gunstringer, White Knight Chronicles, Renegade Ops, Radiant Silvergun, Red Bull X-Fighters, and Serious Sam Double D. So yeah, not kidding about the "every single game" thing.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Just made another blog, here. It's part of the Oblivion memoirs and is a pretty hefty read, I might as well of thrown a bible at somebody. Don't forget to check out the other 2 parts!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Video_Game_King
@spilledmilkfactory said:

So yeah, not kidding about the "every single game" thing.

I hope that means you'll cover Solatorobo soon. (I'm one to push stupidly obscure games on people.)
Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

@Video_Game_King said:

@spilledmilkfactory said:

So yeah, not kidding about the "every single game" thing.

I hope that means you'll cover Solatorobo soon. (I'm one to push stupidly obscure games on people.)

Actually, I just found this game on Amazon (came up when I went to get Kirby Mass Attack) and I ordered it too. So yep, I should have something on it whenever it comes out

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Bruce

@EuanDewar:

Do it.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Aegon

Are we supposed to be submitting our blogs here for your consideration or something? Anyways, whatever the case may be, here it is. Don't know if that counts as an actual blog.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By oraknabo

Well, I post a blog entry very rarely on here or Screened and I don't have a crazy banner or anything, but I try to put a decent amount of effort when I do. I was glad my last post got mentioned on the community spotlight, but didn't get a single reply, so I don't always feel like it's worth the effort.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Hizang

My blog was not featured, I feel unloved.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#144  Edited By matthew

You're a blog initiative...

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Hizang: We are only featuring 3 blogs per day. Patience is a virtue.

@Matthew: Oh Snap.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Dalai

Since this blog initiative began, both HandsomeDead and i69edUrGpa both posted blogs. That alone means this initiative was a huge success.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Akrid
@Sweep: Two great blogs: mtmckinley's blog - fascinating recollection of his experience rising up the ranks of game development - and development's blog - updates and explanations on building his first game from scratch.

They're both criminally under-appreciated. Show them some support!
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#148  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Sweep: Hey, if I write a character dissection blog, should I just tell you about it here and attach it to the individual character pages, or should I attach it to General Discussion?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Turambar
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Little_Socrates

Probably the former. He may also opt to feature one of your past blogs or something. Also, I should probably get started on a Blog Initiative calendar. Or my next blog.