RETRO_BOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4651  Edited By RETRO_BOOM

Hello and hope everyone is good.

Tried to find this game for over 10 years with no luck. I've known about this thread for years but I honestly thought I would find this gem of a game, please help.

It was a demo disk for the Amiga back around 92/94, I have searched the Amiga magazine archives for the UK and still haven't found the disk/game and was hoping someone out there maybe able to help.

I believe this demo disk was included with a UK Amiga magazine.

It was a side scroller, the pixel art was outstanding for the time, I believe you were some sort of knight/warrior, all I can remember was you was outside in a forest area and you jumped down some platforms and talked to some sort of goblin which said something like, ''When the sunsets, the beast will hunt you''

I believe the sunset in the level, as this happened, the sky turned purple but I'm not too sure?

The demo ended when you talked to the NPC.

It looked like the game 'Gods' for the Amiga but you started outside. Its not 'Shadow of the beast' as I remember you jump up/down platforms.

I believe this demo disk was released around the same time 'Space Hulk' was released on demo.

Thankyou very much for your time and hope to speak soon.

Gman450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have one game that I'd love to be able to find.

I played this on some demo disc I'm sure of that.

It was a point and click game, in 16 bit graphics I think.

Right off the bat, the first thing the game does when you turn it on is this blonde dude in a yellow shirt and blue pants walks from the right to the center of the screen and tells you his name "Hi, my name is Bob Biscuit/Bisquit". I don't remember the last name well but his first name was definitely Bob.

Bob is in this kingdom and he is trying to get attention of the princess so that he could marry her. Her handkerchief flies away in the wind and Bob catches it. He says some other lines too afterwards which I can't remember. The game then begins.

When you walk off the screen you get to a new area. If you happen to try and enter the princess's castle straight away, the guards catch you and then they give you several lashes. The game restarts as you arrive at the very beginning again. You can talk with people and get items that can help you reach your goals (or I think so).

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me find the name of this game.

Thanks all!

HMayper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear god, help me be rid of this question.

There was the edutainment (I think, at the very least it was marketed towards elementary / middle-school kids) adventure (Again I THINK? It might have had some platforming) game that I had a blast playing back in the early 2000s. I remember playing it alongside ClueFinders and Sly Fox series, to both date and utterly humiliate myself. The only salient thing I remember about it is, there was a character with a belt (I think? could have been a clock or a watch) that gave him a random superpower when he activated it. He always hoped he'd get something really cool, and instead, every time, it'd give him some ridiculously specific power that coincidentally would help you solve the problem. I think there were other superhero-type kids, but they could also have just been super-genius kids, as most protagonists were.

Please, I beg you, what in god's name was this game?

Razzberry2658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, I think about this game a lot but I can't find it anywhere. I don't remember much about it other than it being morbid and scary for me when I was a kid. I played it around 2010 and I'm pretty sure it was on the browser although it may have been downloaded. I remember a few things: A big spider, lot's of death and a big hole I'm pretty sure. I remember it being like a puzzle/trial and error game and I'm pretty sure it was semi 3d like a walk around interact game. I've looked and I could only find "Limbo" it seems familiar but I don't think it was a platformer. If anyone could help that would be incredible!

changoamarillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi.

I arrived looking for a video game that I don't remember for PC, I hope you can help me.

The game is of a bald soldier in two dimensions.

You point with the mouse and move with the keyboard.

I had it (demo) thanks to a magazine CD.

When he jumps, he turns like "CONTRA", It's set like in the jungle.

Departed for the year 1999 or 2000 I don't know what more data they can give, but I loved it and I could never finish it.

Thanks for your support.

I remember that the main character at the intro of the game in cinematic was driving a trailer

Lee342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok hi, so I've been driving myself a little crazy trying to figure this out and I'm at a point where I'm not even sure if actually played it or if I'm making it all up. It was probably late 90's/early 00's when I played them and most definitely a child's game. It was a PC, I remember being sat down in the backroom on my own computer while my dad worked on his (he has no memory of the game either).

I remember the main plot was to find a magic wand I think, and I'm almost certain the characters were all animals (I have an elephant in mind as an important character). There were low-level puzzles I think and it was a 'find the wand to leave/finish the game' thing. I think someone was stuck in a wishing well as well, but I'm less sure about that. It could have been that you had to find the wand to rescue them I suppose. I remember a few areas you were able to move around and explore as well (no main character being controlled, just a click game I think, and the puzzles weren't too difficult - even though I did struggle as a kid).

Omayga20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a computer at kindergarten (so I’m pretty sure it’s educational) in the early 2000s. I remember a black background and a bunch of colorful doors of different shapes and sizes. You click on the different doors and cartoon monsters come out and either have you do a mini game or they do random things. One tells a knock knock joke. One says “doorbell” in a slow voice. I vaguely remember one mini game where the monster shape-shifts into different letters, I’ve been looking for this game for years, but I can’t find it!

victor_em2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4661  Edited By victor_em2

Hello everyone, sorry for google translate

help identify a casual game, under windows, it seems that there was a Nevosoft logo and some other.

would say Zuma-like, but it looks more like a zzed game, so that not a chain of balls, but a cluster (bunch) of balls and physics is very similar, see the gameplay video below.

played somewhere in 2016-2017 (not exactly), the game was most likely not the newest at that time.

the game is controlled by the mouse.

there was a full-screen resolution of either 640x480 or 800x600, not more.

game on one screen, without scroll

a figure rotates in the center of the screen (in each level it is different)

multi-colored balls are attracted to it from all sides

(physics works really cool)

I can shoot from below colored balls (as in the game Zuma)

if you shoot past the central figure (left or right),

then the balls in an arc fly around it and you can get on those balls that are

at the top of the screen behind this figure.

physics works very cleverly, balls of the same color are mutually attracted to each other.

Up to the point that a shot ball, flying next to a ball of the same color,

may carry him along.

Groups of one-color balls mutually destroyed.

New balls were added from time to time, they are also gravity

stuck to the central figure.

It was necessary that all disappeared.

Lost if there were a lot of balls and they got

to the bottom of the screen.

Sometimes “weightlessness” ensued and the balls stuck to the central figure.

When zero gravity ended the balls sharply again stuck on all sides to the central figure.

The physics of the behavior of the balls is VERY similar as in the zzed game.

Here she is on the video

Zzed (free full game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7S_yL9n0ro

The balls were rendered with subpixel accuracy.

Worked fine on Intel atom n450 1.6Ghz

with integrated graphics card (the one in the processor)

on windows xp SP3 32bit

I don’t remember how many episodes, but each episode seemed to have about 9 levels.

Schematically completed levels of the current episode were depicted

in a 3x3 square with a view of the central figure in each level.

The game is quite simple, we went through the whole, but it's nice to play thanks to physics.

If you have any ideas how to find it or possible options for the game,

prompt, I will check all assumptions.

Thanks in advance.

OceanCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4662  Edited By OceanCandy

Hello everyone!

If anyone could identify this game, I will forever be in your debt. This game is probably incredibly hard to find, as it might have been only launched in my country.

I remember playing this game around the time when Nesquick cereal bags would have CD’s with games stuck on them. I remember getting Crazy Taxi and Total Immersion Racing around 2004-2005 and other similar games. I can’t say for sure if this game was a cereal box cd or not tho.

I remember when opening the game, it was like a picture with some paths and along those paths there were several different games to play. So it was kind of like a menu of games.

One of those games was a colouring game, and all I can remeber is that one of the colouring images was a wild west themed canyon-sunset-cactus-thingy, and if you used a redish-orange color on the sun, a female voice would say something like “wow, you chose a great colour for the sunset” smth like that

Another game in the menu was something about helping Yeti sort out the foods and jars in a fridge, before the eskimos came. I believe Yeti was sitting to the right of the fridge, and the idea of the game was that once the fridge was open, you had to memorise what foods were in the fridge, the fridge than closed, and opened again empty, and you had to fill it up as it was before, the best u can remember from your memory. I believe upon clicking on the foods, a female voice would say what the foods are. I can vividly remember the voice saying “Untură de balenă” (“Whale oil”) . The game was in Romanian.

I also remember that the characters that explained you how to play the game were 2 kids, probably twins, very cartoonish, and I’m almost certain that they were both bald, probably wearing caps, but definitely bald (I believe they also doubled as the hosts of the game, like they would say things like “welcome to our world” or smth like that)

That’s literally all I can remember, and as I said, I’m not sure if this game was only launched in Romania, or it was just dubbed in romanian.

Please, for the love of god, help me find this game.

OceanCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lee342: Colour House Escape? Great Dream House Escape?

Legion427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there, thanks for reading!

Im looking for a PC game from between 2000 and 2013. It was an RTS, economy played heavily into the mechanics. There were different factions that could take advantage of different resources and buildings, for instance there was an underwater race that could build buildings underwater only, and had access to all underwater hotspots. Oil was one resource, it was set in the near future.

You could form alliances and trade resources. You could set "macros" for trade ships, so for instance always deliver x amount of resource to one specific port, then pick up resource Y and bring it back. I don't remember much beyond that. Please help!

Veronika071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m looking for an old iPhone game perhaps around 2010. It’s a children’s game where there’s a purple creature who jumps around eating fruit to complete levels while avoiding “bad guys” if anyone knows please let me know!!!

bandfanarii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so I’ve been looking for this game for years. I don’t remember much but I do know that there were a bunch of different color/different size monsters/aliens and there were multiple mini games you could play. I remember one being that you feed the monsters/aliens either numbers or colors? I believe it was a math or patter game and I know I played it on my computer, which had an early version of windows like ‘95 I believe? I’m guessing the game came out some time between late 90s and early 2000s. Please help me fund this game.

danishmalik4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4668  Edited By danishmalik4

Hello, I've been looking for a game which is used to play (ofc when I was a kid) in late 90s or early 2000s (can't remember exactly). It was a PC game. I think gameplay was third person but I'm not really sure. It was more about solving puzzles to proceed forward in story. One thing which i remember exactly is that we used to collect several items and create different machines or weapons using them together.

Avatar image for slothundrstairs
slothundrstairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is a JRPG I played on a PS2 Jampack demo disc it was released probably around 2002-2004. It was fairly realistic, turned based combat with a party of 2 maybe 3 others. You play as a a guy who can summon a fire demon while in combat and I’m pretty sure you have a group of 2 more people with you who have these spiritual monsters they can summon as well. What I remember most is that you are in a cave and you walk down a corridor to the boss battle. While exploring you can press a button and do a taunt where your demon comes out and essentially flexes. I know this isn’t much but thank you.

Aviia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone :)

I would appreciate some help figuring out couple games that i played on a PC back in 2000 or so. I was about 4-5 years old playing these games and can never find what the games were lol.

First one was a childs learning game and i remember the scene was a kitchen and the goal is to find certain ingredients to complete a recipe. And you would need to click on cupboards or drawers to find flour or sugar etc. Then the recipe would be complete and it would create the food item. Im sure there was more types of mini games but i remember the kitchen one mostly lol.

Another separate game was also for learning for kids and it had a image of a house and logs would be coming out of a cutter and you would need to choose when to cut the log so it would be the right size to fill the slots to build the log house.

Hope someone can help me find which games these were! Lol thanks so much.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4671  Edited By Chummy8

I've been trying to think of this game for a while now. I want to say it was for the SNES (maybe Genesis, we had both). Hell it could even be for the Playstation. It had simple graphics so it could be either.

A top down, Indy/F1 racing game with a vertical split screen with the cars driving upwards. It had pixel graphics and the cars weren't 3d. We played this game all the time and now I can't remember the name.

Aravhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4672  Edited By Aravhorn

Greetings, I've made this account recently, so please forgive me if this has been answered before.

I'm looking for two PC games released before 2004, both being First Person Shooters (although I seem to recall one of them allowed TPP as well; more on that later).

The first one I believe had a military setting where in the "tutorial" mission you started on a helicopter flying over a training field from which you could jump off at any time to explore the map at your own pace (although that may have been a glitch of sorts, since once you did that all the NPCs training there vanished once you reached the ground). One thing I've found worth of note was that said map was sort of open world and you could walk in one direction seemingly forever, although it's possible that the map simply looped on itself to achieve this effect.

Aside from that mission, there were two others which stick out in my memory, the first one being set in Egypt and where you had to rescue some hostages in a pyramid or some sort of egyptian temple (as a side note, if you walked outside the playable area you could wander the desert for, again, seemingly forever). The second one, on the other hand, involved you defending a bunch of generators inside a building from incoming enemy forces and... that's pretty much it, really. I kinda hated that mission, to be honest.

Another feature I've found particularly interesting at the time was that you could choose your character from a fairly wide selection of models (if I recall this was the game which had third person perspective, although I might be wrong), which ranged from your regular army men, to soldiers wearing bandanas and characters which may or may not belong to the next game I'm going to talk about.

So before moving on to the second game, I must admit that I haven't played it beyond its first level, so my memory is a bit foggy on this one. Anyway, I remember a cutscene where your character talks to a butcher (or maybe it was a cook? Either way, I should note that the guy appeared as a selectable model in the first game I've talked about, if I remember correctly) inside what I believe to be a kitchen. After a while the butcher places a briefcase with a pair of pistols inside and hands them over to the main character, after which the latter leaves the restaurant (?) through a back door leading to a dead-end alleyway, thus starting the game. Aside from that, the only other thing I remember about this game was that if you waited in the starting position for a short while (as in maybe a few seconds at most) you could see two enemies setting up an ambush at the alley's entrance, which as you may probably imagine doesn't work as they'd planned.

Anyway, that's all I've got right now. Thanks for the help in advance.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aravhorn: A bit later than 2004 but that second game sounds a lot like the opening area of Resident Evil 5.

Aravhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot:Hmm, while I can certainly see the resemblance, I'm afraid that's not the game I'm looking for. If it helps to narrow it down somehow, the level mentioned in my previous post for the second game was set on a rainy night in a relatively modern city (although it's also possible that it was set in a WWII city, however considering the level was pretty dark I can't say for sure). Also, I'm pretty confident the game was released either in 2004 or earlier (I moved abroad around that time, and I clearly recall playing both games before then), and that the gameplay was in first person rather than third. Finally, I don't think the main character had a companion, but I could be wrong.

Either way, I appreciate the help!

Fynn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi all,

I got this game that vaguely comes up on my mind from time to time and it drives me nuts. Hope you can help!

- I think it was about the same time I played Thief 1. Maybe a few years earlier or later. So 1996 - 2000.

- I played it on PC, probably installed it from Twilight

- I think it was a sword playing game, I believe third person, bit medieval and I think also with skeletons

- in my memory it was pretty brutal, I believe you could cut off body parts with your sword

- I think it was a pretty difficult game

Now here’s the thing. The scene that comes in my mind all the time I think is the start of the game. You start on a small wooden (rowing) boot on a small stream and you step on land. In some kind of dark forest or a river running through a dungeon. The character already has the sword in the hand.

Thx!

Fynn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never mind found it! Die by the sword :)

breadrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for this game on the PC. I believe it's a CD-ROM. It was made after 1985 and before 2010. Watch Jontron's Japanese Shooters video and it looks something like the 9:49 mark. Same rhythmic sounds too I believe. Who knows, this may not even exist.

Hitchblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for this game on nes.. look like adventure island but in vertical scrolling with weapons of axe , boomerang and fire,, with his image super.. and it has frog bit (leaf) that u can jump on off

jschuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to remember the name of an educational game about animals. It was probably released in the late 80s or early 90s, and was on either DOS or Windows. It had a vague Carmen-Sandiego-like gameplay, in that at the beginning of each level you would get some sort of clue about the animal you were looking for, and you had to explore some area of the zoo (or some wildlife area?), where each animal had a description of things like what it eats, where it lives, how long the gestational period was, etc. I think once you found the right animal you were somehow able to move on to the next level. There's a good chance this game came from the software version of Scholastic's "book order" program, since I received some educational games that way. Does anyone remember what this game was?

null_subject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a wizard-centric japanese action rpg game that was featured in a video on giantbomb at some point (I thought it was one of the wizardry jp offshoot, but upon research, this appears incorrect).

• I'm pretty sure it was a PS3 (maaaayybe PS2?) game, that had a pretty significant death penalty.
  • I think the game only came out in japan.
  • I believe someone played it on UPF (or one of its spiritual predecessor most likely) and made mention of it being part of a pretty popular franchise in japan, known for being magic-centric, and difficult.
  • The game was in 3D, pretty sure the camera was behind-the-back third person standard fare.
  • I think there might have been some sort of line indicator pointing to enemies (kinda like ff12).

I'm pretty sure the person playing the game died pretty quickly, and everyone moved on.

cham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4681  Edited By cham

Hi everyone! I've been looking for this CD-ROM game for over 10 years. If anyone could notice or find out this game, I will forever be in your debt!

I was playing this game in Windows XP system around 2005-2007 when I was preschool child. I guess it's a highly recognizable game because I bought it and played it in a bookstore in South Korea. I think this CD game is maybe for preschool children to learn English vocabulary for educational purpose. I attached a picture of CD that I felt most like when I searched.

The CD was grey with the name, very simple design, most importantly with the yellow rubber duck. I think it's symbol of this game cuz the duck appeared with the game name from the start.

No Caption Provided

After the duck came out, there were lots of themes you can play such as a grocery store, amusement park, bathroom, seasons so on, like things closely related to daily life. If you click one of the themes, you can click most of the objects in that space and A simple animation appeared. For example, if you click a toothpaste, it came out with a cute sound. This was an easy clicking game for kids to play.

BlankBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a game, way back when i was a kid. Please help me i forgot the name after 7 years.

The game was a mini game, singleplayer, survival, 2d with werewolves. You are spawned near your house and the goal is to protect your house from the invading werewolves.

In order to do so, you have to farm wood from the forest (random generated trees on the map), and to make fires around your house, which keep the werewolves from getting near your house as long as the fire is on. Where is fire there is power, the werewolves cannot spawn there, and it also keeps them away. After some time the fire is extinguished automatically, or by rain (which is also possible, makes the game harder).

You can fight the werewolves with your axe in case they get too close. Also the house has a life bar, thats your life bar (when the house is destroyed you lose). You can repair your house for like 10 woods and make a fire for like 2 woods, i think.

After you cut the trees it takes some time before they respawn, so you eventually have to leave your house kinda unprotected to go for trees.

I think there was also some upgrading system, but i dont really remember.

The werewolves keep spawning until you die, more like an infinite game, but not really because with time, there are more and more werewolves that spawn.

The entire game is happening at night, thats why making fires also do light. I do not really remember all the details, but its possible it had a day cycle too, when there is no werewolf spawning and you can gather a lot of wood resources for the next night. Usually is harder to gather wood at night.

Thats all i remember, please help me if you know the game. I remember it was pretty fun and addictive. I used to play with my cousin and compare our scores :)).

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slothundrstairs: oh this one's good. While I don't have the best recollection of this title, I highly suggest checking out Legend of Legaia 2: Duel Saga. It hits the following points:

• PS2 title that released in late November of 2001.
  • Turned based with fighting game-esque combat inputs for normal attacks.
  • Party of up to 3.
  • Protagonist has a fire guardian that, I believe, can punch for environmental interaction.
nav922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi,

i've been trying to find this game that i had on ps1 when i was younger, it was around the time when spyro, jersey devil & skullmonkeys was about. All i remember is if im correct, it was a bird eye view game and you would go into rooms and find keys to unlock doors to potentially save your brother or sister, can't quite remember. Had a search online, cant find anything and its not 40 winks. i remember in the game there used to be pop out banners with texts.

Rexius55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been looking for a certain game for years. I am now fourteen years old, and when I was seven years old, I went to this daycare that had a few computers in the older kids' room. They had all types of now pretty obscure but awesome games that are now a part of my childhood, such as Matt Thorson's Jumper, and Michael Jolley's Penguin Panic. One of those games is the game I've been looking for. I never got past the first part, but I remember just about all of the first part. The game I believe is a medieval themed turn-based RPG or some kind of RPG/strategy game, and it's from the early 2000s era. The computers we had at the daycare were Windows XP, and this game was made around that time. I believe that in the beginning, you wake up in a bed and someone gets you up and out of it so you can go somewhere (a friend of the protagonist I think). You then walk out to follow that possible friend who is a guy with red hair and a red beard I believe. You can walk around this small village area and see and do different things. There is an area with soldiers and catapults, an area with different colored chickens right next to a little farmer's market area, an area that is outside of a bar where you can spit into a bucket, an area with a fountain and four statues around it with an old man by it, and a bit more I think. When you get to the place where your possible friend went, he and you spot three slimes (two blue ones and a red one I believe) that are eating a dead guy. I believe the game or an NPC calls them blood sucking slimes. The slimes can talk, and are evil. You then fight the slimes. I only beat the slimes once, and my memory of what happened afterwards is very vague. I think the red bearded guy talks about a joke including "monkey-p*ss" or something. The title screen's background is either black or red, and the title is something grim. The scrolling text before the game begins talks about dark priests I believe, and the save files and start menu options from what I remember are blue, and kind of look like the RPG Maker save file designs. That's all I can provide.

Aravhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4686  Edited By Aravhorn

@rexius55: I'm really just guessing here, but based from your description it sorta reminds me of the following games:

-Baldur's Gate (You meet a friend near a fountain (said friend is female, though) and get to walk around the castle grounds; also, most of the menus are blue)

-Neverwinter Nights (You get woken up by a guy with a stubble, however most of the events happen inside a castle, not outside)

-Since you've mentioned red slimes and RPG Maker-like save menus, perhaps it could be any of the Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games, however I'm not really familiar with either series.

That being said, would you happen to remember about how the game's graphics looked like? As in, was it 3D or 2D, was it isometric or third person, and so on?

Rexius55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aravhorn: It was a top-down third person 2D pixel game. Also it was an indie game I believe. Not FF or DQ, which I’ve played a lot of. Thank you for replying btw!

mason200112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking for a game that came out probably around the late 90s, early to mid 2000s. It was a point and click adventure game, kind of like humongous games. Almost exactly like it really, but not made by them. The main characters are a little boy (who I believe was a pirate) and his best friend/pet who I remember as some kind of monster or something... they're not human is all I remember. They're looking for a golden treasure on this island they come across. The game was bright and colorful and stuff. It was for the PC, and I remember at the end, you get the golden treasure you were looking for. You could either leave with it, or you can give it back to the princess on the island, and she thanks you for your kindness and gives you as much gold as your ship can carry and stuff. I'm pretty sure there was a volcano involved with this game?

Baron_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can some one help identify an arcade game i played once and never saw it again?

It was a lightgun shooter but the hook was you were a helicopter door gunner and you stood on a moving pad/gimble thing that shook and moved as you shot.

This would probably have been in the late 1990s.

All help would be appreciated

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4690  Edited By whitegreyblack

@baron_corvo: My best guess is... Gunblade NY? Or maybe Steel Talons.

ZASchwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can some one help identify an older Puzzle PC game.

I remember it in the early 90's pieces were all marbles or orbs and i don't remember the exact structure or types of puzzle, but the backgrounds were images but it was that 90's basic patterns and 3d basic geometric shapes with blues and pinks and i think it was supposed to be a cave atmosphere.

it wasn't more than finish puzzle move on to next level and it had slightly creepy music.

rottingpie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4692  Edited By rottingpie

sorry don't have a lot of details, ive been trying to find this game for foreeever but i guess it's real obscure

anyways here we go

RPG maker game, or at least in that style. Pixel game. Played on computers.

Boys boarding school (might be both genders but you mostly/only encounter boys in game) You go around the school collecting things? Talking to people? I believe you collect trading cards (whether for a game or nothing at all I'm not sure). Seemed story-based, but that's all ive got for genre. Seemed to just be an experience the story type of game, collect all the things, fetch quest? etc.

It was a crude game, lot of gross humor. At one point you encounter a boy (white, orange curly hair, glasses? fat?) in a bathroom stall looking through a peephole. He says something along the lines of 'one time i shit so big it came out of the toilet bowl' (im sorry i just remember that)

Guinea pig? I associate that with the game, may or may not have involved one. I think it was one of the trading cards, or some kid put it in a microwave (again, sorry, that's just what this game's like).

I watched a playthrough of the game 2009-2018 sometime (i know i watched a playthough, so there must be somebodies video of it on the internet) Not sure when it came out, or who made it, nothing. It wasn't a big hit, clearly, because I can't find a scrap of it anywhere on the internet, but who knows.

thank youuuuuu

xNightm4re

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so there was this weird game I would play back when I was maybe 6? I’m 17 now. Anyway it was on PC and I’m sorry if this is not much to work with but your character would roll around the levels in a ball of some sorts? I remember the game being something involving wizards maybe, or maybe not. I’ll be surprised if anyone finds it but I can’t remember much else other than that.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

xNightm4re

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hippie_genocide: unfortunately not, It was much more recent than that game. It was a PC game on cd but if I’m honest I only remember fragments anyway. I think I’ll just give up looking. Thank you anyway.

Avatar image for absoluteunit207
AbsoluteUnit207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. This is what I remember:

It was an educational game we played in my schools computer lab (I'm guessing the year was somewhere between 1995-2000. Probably closer to the latter.) The basic premise was that you were on an island and needed to solve puzzles (math for sure, MAYBE other subjects were included?) In the background on the "main" screen you could see a pirate ship circling the island closer and closer after every challenge. I think the goal was to solve a minimum number of puzzles which would allow you to escape or fortify the island before the pirates invaded? The only other detail I remember is that I think there was a level that took place inside some sort of cave.

For perspective: at the time we played this game, the other games I can remember being in the lab are: Jump Start, Zoombinis, Treasure Mountain/Mathstorm. I know the latter had certainly stuck around in computer labs for a WHILE.

Thanks all!

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need help. I remember Jeff playing a first person game where the graphics where all static/white noise. This was like 5 years ago though. If I remember right it was like a first person platform game? You move around and could see what the level was through the static?.

Hitchblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nonstopiggypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers