User Lists: 2

#4752  Edited By JimmyRedd
g_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it's a psx game. 2d platformer with 3d graphics a la dk country. i think there's shooting? your man's in a yellow jumpsuit. he works at a time or dimension-hopping company. in the opening cutscene before the alarms go off and he heads out, he's playing a handheld version of this very video game. i don't know if it's a meta thing or a training exercise. anyway do you shoot or run away from like gorillas in the first level or something maybe?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@hyperftw: could the game be Hunter: The Reckoning or other Hunter title?

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4755  Edited By Raven10

@whiteraven30: Gex 2 or Gex 3 maybe? You were a gecko not a salamander but one of the games took place in some boxy desert areas from what I recall.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Idemedosumom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4757  Edited By Idemedosumom

Hello guys, I hope someone will know which game is in question. Problem is, I remember very little, and I may be getting elements from 2 different games mixed up.

-This is an RPG game I played during the late 90s or early 00s.

-I am to 90% sure that this was a ps1 game, although it could have been an early ps2 titel. I also had an N64 during that time, but it's highly unlikely that this was a Nintendo titel.

-The combat system was of the action kind, not a turn-based one.

-The main protagonist was male, and he was the only character you could control, both in and out of combat.

-If I recall correctly, there were no random encounters, enemies were visible, if you got too close, you had to fight them.

-I recall constantly finding and equiping better weapons as the story progressed (which affected the reach, speed and damage of your attacks)

-I can remember that one of the first quests/missions was saving a female character, and you use an aircraft (perhaps an airship) to get her location.

-I can clearly remember a cave/mine area, where you get captured by the enemy, and are forced to mine (for gemstones?) with other slaves, and eventually escape captivity (this may or may not be the same mission as the above-mentioned one).

That's about as much as I can remember, thanks.

Edit: found it, Granstream Saga :)

Alexvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi. I've played this game a long time ago so my memories are not really detailed. It was 2004-2013 (I guess, I was really small kid then) , a platformer on PC. Dark atmosphere, probably in caves. There were also some yellow clay in the celling which was kind of obstacle, which was dropping. In the description of the game was mentioned soundtrack, which was really suitable for the atmosphere in the game. Thanks in advance!

Blackdmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4759  Edited By Blackdmg

I think i was 13 when i played this game on my pc. now i m 19. I don t really remember much about it. I know on the menu screen was a scene with a weird crazy scientist with kids into some tubes, like some kind of experiments. The whole laboratory is green. The game was pretty Sci-fi. The character that i m playing with is a pretty big guy (third person). I don t remember something else.

Blackdmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peorle4353: do you remember if on the main menu it was a scene with some intubated kids? Cuz i m look for the same game i think

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Your first game sounds like it might be Solforge from the description, but it is a little vague

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I would post a quick reminder for people asking about games on this thread. Please try to describe what makes the game unique. Telling me it was a turn based JRPG on the PS1 isn’t going to help. Adding that it was party based, set in a fantasy/steampunk setting and involved saving the world from some great evil by finding a magic gem isn’t helping. But telling me there was a scene where a brown haired girl is stabbed through the back by a dude with a katana will immediately let me know you are talking about Final Fantasy 7, even if some of those other descriptors are a bit inaccurate (like it is an active time battle system).

Do include system, genre, and time of release if you know it, but don’t expect anyone to help if you can’t give us something unique. I know you might not remember much. If you don’t recall much then try and paint a picture of a scene you do remember. Include as many details as possible, however minor. Do be sure to note if you played this when very young and might be misremembering something.

A lot of the requests recently are far too vague to allow for us to help. Ask yourself if the game you described could describe another game you know of. If the answer is yes then at least list off games you know it isn’t that also fit your description.

Eddiegames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a specific platformer flash game: it features a yellow round cone shaped playable character, in the game you have the ability to double jump, and run on ceilings, it had 4 worlds I think, sawblades were a re-occurring obstacle, it had fast and tight platforming, I'm pretty sure it came out between 2012 and 2016, but it could've been a bit outside that range (I'm pretty sure I played it in 2015 but I could be wrong), the art style of the game is very similar to another flash game Dash Dash. (http://www.notdoppler.com/dashdash.php)
I originally played it on notdoppler, but I can't seem to find it.
If anyone can find it and/or the name I would be really happy.

kicking_noobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4766  Edited By kicking_noobs

I am looking for a CD game, played on the pc. I played this maybe around 2006-2008. The player had to find all the alphabets and numbers while riding in a bumper car.

There was a boy and girl and you could choose to play as either character. They also each rode in a different type of bumper car. I think the girl may have braids and the boy may have had short hair. I remember there being a third character who provided some kind of exposition. The game let you choose your gender and you had to choose either a 'numbers' or an 'alphabet' mode. I do not know if you could choose the map or not. Basically the game starts with some person telling you about the alphabets or numbers which are arranged in perfect order. Suddenly, i think the wind or something else blows them away and they get scattered across the map. The player is sitting in a bumper car, and has to drive across the map, finding each and every alphabet/number. You usually had to drive on the dirt/gravel road but you could go off road and drive on the huge hills that were basically everywhere on the map. If you drove up a hill with enough speed, you could go flying off which was the most fun part of the game for me. I think you could also go in water, but not sure. The maps you played on were probably a circular loop like a race track.

There were different maps i think. I remember bright skies on the maps with clouds and huge green hills everywhere. I think one map had snow on it. There was also some body of water i remember which you could drive past. You could also see a vast terrain outside the map with cities and maybe a rainbow but you could never get there no matter how hard you tried because of a wall or some tall barrier preventing you from doing so. Not sure about this one, but maybe the bumper car you rode in had a triangular bottom and maybe there was a day night cycle in the game.

There was a separate mini-game where you raced against other random characters in bumper cars. The race would start near a large stadium full of a cheering crowd. I think there was a countdown, after which the race started. I remember different biomes/areas on the track. When the race ends(i do not remember how it ends), the top 3 winners but put on a podium while in their bumper car.

Ellie419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

this is a long shot but I’m looking for a board game that was out in the U.K around late 90s, early 00s. It was a blue board game with a handle, there were animals down one side and it was a shopping and spelling game. It would also speak if you pressed on an item and had phrases like ‘that is a banana, I’ll buy it’ and ‘that is a worm, I’ll buy it’ I don’t know if the name was something along the lines of happy shopper or something like that.

anyone know what I’m talking about? Thanks

Trrp99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi there. I've been trying to figure out the name of this game for years. I used to play it on an ancient PC, it was on windows, in the early 2000's, the game probably from the mid to late 90s. It was a puzzle game. Either letters or numbers. There was lots of fire, like torches. Lots of orange. There were tiki guys, like big scary masks (I was a kid so it was scary) and if you ran out of time or got something wrong, a big mask guy would like swing on a vine and come at the screen, screeching. Possibly a monkey? Anyway if you could help me that would be huge!!

Muted-Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Platform: Android

genre:Hack n slash

perspective: bird's eye

Played this by the year of 2013 and vaguely remember that the character in early game uses long sword as a weapon and you can hire an party member which is npc...been asking it on reddit but nobody answer it...thank you in advance😁😁

mazajay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me for any lack of terminology. My gaming days were few and far between as a child. I had a select few I loved and would absolutely love to find again.

Back between I think 95 and 99, there was a pinball game called 3-D pinball space cadet. It came with the computer pre-downloaded. There was another game, also included on the PC that I THINK was like a home page for other games, but it was also a game. Like, it was a house or something and there were links to games or there were things around the house you could do. For example, there was a plant in a little flower pot. It looked like the plant from 'Little Shop of Horrors' and you had to water it regularly. If you didn't water it it would die but if you watered it enough it would come back to life. ANY help would be appreciated.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

bobtom8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4772  Edited By bobtom8

A browser game on a site like Miniclip or Armor Games. Between about 2005 to 2009. The game involved 2 bases either side of the screen, a bit like Age of War. The player controlled a helicopter with a magnetic crane lifter, and the objective was to carry metal back to your base in order to upgrade your base and your helicopter. My guess for the game name is something like Magnet Wars, or Magnetocopter. Game was quite colourful, with blue helicopter being light blue I think. Mainly aimed for kids.

Nevermind I found it on notdoppler. It was called Magnetic Defense by Ninja Kiwi. http://www.notdoppler.com/magneticdefense.php

Rking98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have very limited memory of the details, but I remember loving the game! I will provide as much as I can!

This was a PC game from back in the late 90s or early 2000s. I believe it was an educational game, but it may have just been a general game more geared towards kids. It was a very quirky game where you would venture to different areas. There are two sections of the game that I can remember in particular. There was one where you could make ice cream. Another part that stands out more is you could meet little characters that were different types of nuts. I remember there being a pistachio and an almond. And one of them was very adamant about having to wear glasses due to being near or far sighted.

The graphics were pretty good as there were real world elements involved. If I can think of anything else I will add to this comment later. I hope someone can help me out! :)

Jhhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a PC game in the late '90s or early 2000s. You piloted a futuristic airplane above a futuristic cityscape. You were able to fire weapons that could destroy enemy ships and that could interact with some of the buildings on the ground. The most distinguishing feature I can remember about this game was that the cityscape was littered with what I can only describe as light towers. They may have had some sort of light orb on the top of each tower but I'm not sure. And I believe that as you destroyed these towers or something else happened that your ability to see the cityscape got more difficult, as if it got darker the later into the match or the further you progressed but I'm not sure. I remember playing a demo or what I believe was a demo of this game. I'm sorry that I cannot remember additional details. It would be amazing if someone can identify this. Thanks all.

ratt2703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a game played on the computer in and around 2003. It is a matching game but you only click the matches already there you cant move them. It had a blue background I think and it was a rectangle playing field. some of the matches were gummy bears, candy corn. There were different random boards and you couldn't choose them, like fruit, candy. There was a colored timer that counted down, kinda in the shape of an exclamation point. you could clear different levels until the timer ended. very addictive game It is not candy crush or those type of games. Please help me remember the name of this game

Kama621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are two old Genesis tiles I've been trying to find for years. Alas, the problem is my knowledge of them is quite slim. Where to begin?

I can't exactly remember the year I actually GOT a Genesis (or whether it was before or after my folks got a SNES) but I do remember my motivations for wanting one. Sonic the Hedgehog, of course, as it was all the talk amongst the kids at school. I'm gonna guess this was between 1991 - 1992 as I clearly remember getting Sonic 2 some weeks after it came out...

Anyways, my dad was NEVER one for platformers and preferred the company of RPG's. I remember one morning going into my parent's bedroom (where my genesis was set up) and coming across two games my dad rented. Both were RPG's but all I can remember of them were the rather...dark game over screens. Being 4 or 5 I had no idea how to play them so I ended up dying quickly. One of the games showed the sight of your starting town in ruin with the screen closing with the sight of your tombstone in the graveyard. The other one? I remember it even less, though I vaguely remember it showing a tombstone as well.

Any ideas?

PaitAzani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4777  Edited By PaitAzani

There this one game I was looking for.. In the beginning of the game, we must complete the tutorial where we have to catch rabbit, shoot at target using gun..

Then there is a LOT of weapons in this game, swords, guns. A flaming sword is my favorite!

I remember one campaign where we have to fight a giant turtle I think, and after the fight, we will get a loooong sword that was stuck at the turtle's foot.

And if I remember correctly, the final boss fight is when we have to fight a boss that lavitate and fly around.

Oh and this game has a cheat code that makes us invincible, get all weapons.. THAT CATCHING RABBIT tutorial is the most vivid thing I remember about the game.

The game platform is PC. The graphic is 3D. I played this game between 2000-2006.

TiredPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heya. So there was a game i used to play on a website on my pc a couple of years ago. It was a series actually and i think it included two games. In both games you play as a bold guy with a long nose. They are puzzle games and in one of them the story goes as follows : You are out in the woods next to a campfire and suddenly a metallic bird falls out of the sky and dies. You go to the plaxe where it fell and its soul comes out of the metal body and your mission for the rest of the game is to get it back to its nest or factory and get a new body for it. It was a point and click puzzle adventure on a website.

Sadly i can't remember anything else. I'd be grateful if someone helps a bit cause I've searched a lot for it and can't find anything

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kama621: That really isn’t much to go on but based on the timeframe the first game that popped into my head was Shining in the Darkness. I can’t remember what the game over screen looked like in it, but it is an rpg from 1991 on the Genesis and was fairly well known at the time.

Thebluewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can give it a try: was a game from the early 00s and it was on one of those consoles that weren't the well known one, and comes with a few games already installed on the hard drive. First when you came into the game it did appear contours on the TV screen so that you could customers the right distance from the movement camera. Then the game was about hitting ninjas who could come from any angle, the first levels slowly but the later levels came flying in, and when you hit them it looked like you would knock them off the TV screen, with upbeat 00's music. There were also wooden planks on the left and right sides that you could sometimes break for extra points. Then after 5 levels I think, a boss appeared who split into 3 parts and you would hit the one you thought was the right one

aquay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a game type of transform robo pc game around 2002-2004

kind of rpg mix moba, your main is a robo can switch on two form : moving form like ship and combat from like standing on foot , your enemy is on helicop form

both start in two base with red and blue coloured, base are defended with many gun towers, there are some ways to both bases putted many grey gun that both you and the enemy can capture and fight for your colour, after that those gun will fight for you or enemy, after you kill those guns, they will fight for your side

you can buy tanks and helicopters like buy creep, tanks go atk and helicopters will defend your base, they work like creeps in moba, tanks can capture and fight guns tower on the way to enemy base, points to buy them drop from killing or capturing tower or the opponents themself

you can only win when your tanks (creeps) reach your enemy base

help me find that game name, ty

ssumppg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4783  Edited By ssumppg

Hi everyone! There's two old kids games I'm trying to find the names of.

.:Game 1:.

Time frame: Early to mid-90s

Platform: PC, Win 95? or older

Genre: Point and click

Graphics: Super colorful, cartoony / "story-book" graphics

Target audience: Definitely intended for very young children

This was a game where you would cycle back and forth through several locations, and each location would have tons of stuff for you to click on that would animate, sing jingles, make noises, etc. The main location I remember is a red barn, I think one scene for the outside and one for the inside of the barn. The one detail I remember is this blue sneaker with wings that, when you click on it, it flies around and plays a "shoo fly, don't bother me" jingle. I also think there may have been something else about going to grandma's house, maybe a jingle and a location? And maybe a rabbit boy that was in every scene? The rest of it is really hazy. I do remember, however, that it was not an "edutainment" game, meaning it didn't really teach you anything; it was just a collection of random animations and jingles. EDIT: It was a lot like "Let's Explore the Farm", but that wasn't it.

.:Game 2:.

Time frame: Early to mid-90s

Platform: PC, Win 95? or older

Genre: Point and click

Graphics: Muted colors, "story-book" graphics

Target audience: Young children

This game is about a brother and sister, both anthropomorphic rabbits, who get ready and go to church on Sunday with their family. I remember the artwork on the CD case was a dark, kind of forest green. The game started in the morning and had things to click on that would animate, sometimes sing songs, and when you were done with that part of the day you could go to the next time frame. The locations I remember are: the morning (a bedroom I think?), sitting in the pews at church (there's a giraffe lady you can click on), after church (reading in front of a fireplace), and the end of the day (bedroom again, I think). You couldn't go backwards in this game, so if you wanted to go to a previous scene you had to start the game over (I recall being rather miffed about that as a kid, haha).

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm pretty sure these were both rather obscure games, but maybe one of you guys can help me out. x)

rottingpie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FOUND MINE!!

im so excited - i found this screenshot while looking at my old, OLD photos and googling the words was enough to find it. i knew i remembered hamster trading cards!!

No Caption Provided

http://f3.silvergames.com/wasted-youth.swf

"Wasted Youth"

so totally a flash game. troublemaker at a boy's boarding school, first day. everything falls into place...

dunno exactly why i'm posting again. i was gonna ask for more help with the picture but i googled again and found it. maybe it will help somebody else?

anyways. yeah

dimakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, back when I was probably 7-9 years old, mid 00s, I remember my cousin playing a PC game. I’m pretty sure it’s considered simulation game. You were in a desert where you could add trees (I mostly remember palm trees), animals (if I’m not mistaken mostly lions, tigers and exotic species), rocks, lakes, build castles, towers, add soldiers. You didn’t customise people, you just clicked and they magically appeared. All I can remember is lions fighting and killing people. I can’t recall the main goal of this game but it’s stuck to me to this day. Maybe build your kingdom and expand it? Please help

Flodda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4786  Edited By Flodda

OK this might be really obscure. I remember an adventure game from when I was a child and the only thing I remember is you can go to the beach, change your clothes in a cabin and when you return your clothes have been stolen. At this point AFAIK you never can leave the beach again. I never figured out how to continue at this point... I'm also pretty sure you can get Game Over in this game

Now the closest Match I found would be Larry 3 but can you change clothes in that game? 🤔

cpnawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is an obscure game but I can't remember enough about it to figure it out. It is an NES game, side-scroller action, where you collected some kind of orb throughout the level and I think collecting all or most of them you moved on to the next level. Things I'm less sure of, I think the way you left the level was by warping out, or time-travel? I believe since you needed to collect the orbs you could move both left and right in the level to locate them. I don't think it was a shooter, like Contra, but more like Ninja Gaiden with close combat, punching or limited projectiles? I think the characters were fairly large sprites with limited animation. First level might have had waterfalls or pits of water to jump. Also I think the UI was at the bottom of the screen and had a health bar and either a bar or empty circles representing the orbs to collect in the level. Looking back, all I'm sure of is my mom was really mad that I traded my friend Legend of Zelda for it and made me go back to his house and get my game back before she lost her save.

Flodda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpnawesome: Timelord maybe? Never gheard if it but it kinda matches https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Lord_(video_game)

cpnawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flodda Yeah, that looks like the game!

aodhhinsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Alrighty, I've got a weird one that I've been trying to track down for YEARS with no luck. I just don't have enough detail and I was too young to absorb much. Here's what I remember:

• It was a shareware/freeware game that I played in the mac in the mid 2000's (don't know exactly what years or if it was new)
  • It takes place on a space station that is blowing up, you have a limited amount of time to race through the halls in your hovering vehicle to pick up passengers and complete objectives before evacuating
  • There are a variety of vehicles and drivers but the only ones I remember are a classic taxi and a nun. I don't know if the nun drove the taxi or if they're separate.
  • It was 3D/polygonal
  • The vehicles could switch between hovering (which allowed driving up walls?) and driving on traditional wheels (? I think ?). This part is pretty hazy and could be mixing in other games I've played since then.
  • It felt indy as hell (even as a kid who didn't quite know what it meant to be a smaller game)
  • The time limit is constantly counting down in the corner

I know that's a limited number of things to go on but this game is my white whale. I doubt it's a great game (or even a good one) but I remember that the tone was just so weird that it's stuck with me since I was a kid. It'd be amazing to find it. I'm sure google is saturated with my searches on some variation of "space station nun taxi." So hopefully you have more luck than I have!

Thanks in advance!

anderkim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't remember much about this game, but I've been asking around for days and no one has any idea what I'm talking about.

I remember playing this game late 2000s early 2010s on some gaming website for children. It was meant for a young audience, and the art style was very cartoony too. The main character (or one of them) was a pink-haired girl with pigtails that were shaped like crab claws, and she also has claws for hands. Another character was similar to a blue squid. I'm pretty sure there were other characters that were based on creatures and had a monochrome color palette. The gameplay itself was a platform adventure game. I know each character had something only they could do with their odd characteristics, such as the pink girl using her claws to climb a wall.

I really love the art style and the game, but this is all that I can remember.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DharmaLogos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4794  Edited By DharmaLogos

Hi guys, first post here. I'm looking for a game I used to watch my uncle play.

PC, early to mid 90s.

Point & click adventure/puzzle/escape room.

Sci-fi themed. The rooms had lots of technological gadgets.

Possibly a female protagonist.

At the time the graphics seemed incredibly realistic.

The main thing I remember is that when you hit switches or buttons an overhead track would bring you items from outside the room you were in. I also feel like the color scheme of at least this section of the game was mostly reds.

I figure it's a long shot, but thanks for having this forum.

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I watched a Quick Look of maybe 2-3 years ago, but only really have an impression of.

It was a sci-fi adventure game with a female protagonist. I think she had a robot friend. I seem to remember there being the ability to visit different planets. Unless I'm confusing it with something else there was a mechanic where you would slowly decipher a mysterious language. Pretty sure it was Vinny and Alex doing the Quick Look.

Also, I don't know why, but my brain has filed it alongside Eastshade for whatever reason.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the reply but it wasn't that.

I don't think the game I'm thinking of had any kind of combat.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lobster_johnson: Sounds a hell of a lot like Heaven's Vault, one of my fave games of all time.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2