The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lobster_johnson: Sounds a hell of a lot like Heaven's Vault, one of my fave games of all time.

Yes, I think that must be it! Weird that the art style didn't stick in my head more because it's quite distinctive. Checking the dates, I see the Quick Look was posted the day after Eastshade, so that explains that.

Thank you.

Deow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4802  Edited By Deow

Hi, my brothers and I can't remember the name of the game we played as kids. It was on PC in the 90s, it had some pre-rendered graphics with M&M-like shaped characters, my brother remembers that in one part you had to drive a spaceship through an opening mouth. I remember having to choose options or answers, and there were animations depending of what you chose.. I vaguely remember having to choose between different doors but idk, I was too young. We've been trying to remember this game for ages!

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recent game, and I'm not sure if it's out yet (but it doesn't hurt to ask, especially with the Steam sale going).

2D pixel side-scroller, fantasy setting, and everything has simulated pixels like in NOITA. I know Kotaku did a video preview of it a while back...but for the life of me I can't remember the name. One of the larger difference was that I believe it had a story and also didn't take place in a cave. The game looked a lot like Kingdom.

siftypes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, this is an obscure one.

PC title, between 1993 and 1997, I think. I recall this being an educational game, or perhaps a demo that would have been packed in with something like Encarta or event just packed in with Windows 3.x.

Early 3D adventure/puzzle game where you would have a simple 3D map with color-coded keys, doors, buttons, etc. Find the red key to open the red door, that sort of thing. The main draw of this game that I remember is the ability to make your own maps. There was a top-down 2D map view that would show all the keys, doors, etc on the map, and you would use that to sort of design your path through. I do not remember if the 3D was actual rendered screens or sprite-based.

This was something I played for hours around the same time I was playing MindMaze (packed in Encarta 95) and Lode Runner: The Legend Returns. So that's the kind of period we're looking at.

Frankly, whether I find it or not, I'm just curious if anyone remembers this, or if it was just a weird fever dream.

Miyamoto1621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if anyone can help. I can't remember a game that I played when I was a teen. The bits I remember are:

1 - It was in the 90's

2 - It was a PC game

3 - It was a turn base game base with RPG elements (I think).

4 - It was an adventure game in a distante time or world that had been affected by war.

5 - It was a female character and she had a robot dog

6 - There was a upgrade scheme to it where we could get better parts/clothing for the main character, the dog and companions that we would get along the way.

Sorry I can't remember any more of it but I hope some one can help me find this games name as it has been doing my head for the last 2 years.

Thanks in advance

SuperKMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4806  Edited By SuperKMx

@miyamoto1621: I read "robot dog", "turn-based" and instantly thought of Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator, which was released in 1999 on PC. I don't remember playing it that much back when it came out, but I'm pretty sure it matches your description.

Miyamoto1621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superkmx: Thanks mate thats exactly the game I've been looking for. You guys are great... It took you a couple of minutes to find out. Thanks

SuperKMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellie419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

hoping you can help.

the game I’m trying to find was from late 90s, it was an art PC rom game much like Disney magic artist, except the one element I remember is there being like a sea sponge tool where you could wash colour away? Now that’s not on magic artist so must be another game? Anyone know what I’m talking about? Thank you

mxchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok this one is going to be tough one..... i remember when i was in high school in like 2008 ish i had this top down heist game on my phone that you only would have a certain amount of time for each place you were robbing but the game style was such that it was like you were on a grid and every time you moved it used a second and if you were using a drill on a safe vs a crowbar they would have different times that they would take. but it was like when you were doing this it was like a pre plan and when you were done you would see how it all worked out and hoped you could get out before the cops get there. anyway been looking for this game for forever now!

SgtSphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#4811  Edited By SgtSphynx  Moderator

The Beastcast's discussion of demos reminded me of this.

I had a demo disc that came with PC Gamer late 90's or early 2000's, the game I am trying to remember the name of was a demo on it. It was a semi open world third person game and the playable character was female with red hair. You could also call and ride a dragon.

If anyone knows, I am curious what came of that because I remember enjoying the demo.

piousmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like Golden Axe: Beast Rider, but that came out in 2008.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Early-mid 90s kids' game for PC. It was a medieval/fairy-tale themed storybook creator. You'd place and resize characters and objects onto static backgrounds, and I think you could record a voice sample for each of them, and they would animate as they played them in sequence. You'd also record narration. Then hit play and let the game run through each scene to tell your dumb story.

piousmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4815  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@piousmartyr: Same concept, and it looks better realized there than in my game. I think mine had fewer tools and only had medieval-themed stuff in it.