The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

mitaka90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Guys, I don't think this is gonna be too hard, but I just can't remember the name of it. It is basically a similar game to Townsmen/Kingdoms and castles. Something like a medieval building management simulator type of a game. What I also remember is that it is a single player game where and the locked areas were covered in clouds. The logo of the game I believe was a King and the name of the game I think also involved king/kingdom/castles.

Kayley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i don't know this game I played in elementary school to learn to type. This was about '08 or '09. It was space themed the main guy looked kinda like a wizard, he had a deep scratchy voice. I think you got to play a game after the lesson or during it.

Kayley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kayley: So i don't know this game I played in elementary school to learn to type. This was about '08 or '09. It was space themed the main guy looked kinda like a wizard, he had a deep scratchy voice. I think you got to play a game after the lesson or during it. It was on the computer

DeaconDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello guys. I think this is a hard one since I am from Belgium and I guess the game was dutch. The game name I am looking for was a kids game from the mid 2000 (I guess I don't know for sure). But I remember one of the main characters was a female stiped cat with clothes on ( a green skirt). It was a drawn game. There was also a white man with a light brown hat. That's al I know about the characters. Now the part I don't remember much about...the gameplay/story. I think the objective was to help animals with tasks on a farm(not sure about the farm). One of the task was to help bugs or animals don't know for sure to find there home. The way you had to do it was: the bugs / animals where grouped on the right side of the screen and you had the put them next to the right house. I also remember another task with frogs you had 3 rows of green frogs (side profile) they where sitting on each other with smal and large frogs mixed together and you had to sort them from large to smal vertical ( I remember vaguely). The next thing I remember was that you had to help te man witch I wrote about earlier with the light brown hat sort his tools in his shed I remember the tools where hanging from a big board but that's it. The last thing i remember was sort of a creative minigame where you could build you're own train track with a locomotive guided by the srtiped cat in clothes.

Now here are something's worth to mention

- all the animals spoke in this game

- I played it on pc and it was only available on pc

- the game was dutch spoken ( I don't know if that was original or dubbed).

- the game was 2D and fully drawn

-the cat was female spoken and was white with black stripes or the other way around I don't know haha🙃

- the man had brown hair and a beard and was in his mid 40 I'd say

I guess that's al I remember from that game . If you have any questions because I know my writing isn't that good but thanks in advance. I really really hope someone knows what game I'm talking about .

JohnS_SVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4605  Edited By JohnS_SVII

Hey i have an old games i can't remember and maybe it doesn't exist anymore.

It was a flash game i played around 2005/2006 almost for sure.

It was a duel game (against IA but maybe against humans players too). You control a swordsman fightning against a similar other swordsman using a battle cards fightning system. It was turn based and you could stack a kind if energy. When tout reached a certain amount you could transform just like a super Saiyan from dragon ball Z .

After each Victory against IA the next one was always stronger but you could get cards that empowered your deck.

JohnS_SVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitaka90: maybe king's Arthur World on super nes

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have one. Early 90's arcade I think. Imagine Chase HQ, but instead of the black Porsche it was a yellow...something, Ferrari F40 is my guess but my memory is hazy. The concept was the same, gain on some hoodlum in a car and smash it to bits. The cool thing about this game was that the hoodlums were guarded by for example bikers who jumped on your car. I've tried so many different search terms on google but I just can't find it. I did find Super Chase: Criminal Investigation though which I never played but looks awesome nonetheless. It's also not Special Criminal Investigation. Thx!

mitaka90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johns_svii Nah fam, that game has nothing to do with the one I'm looking for. Firstly, it i for PC which is my bad for not mentioning the platform, secondly I mentioned a few games it is similar to and both of them have nothing to do with the one you mentioned since it isn't a 2d game.

rabiddoughnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Platform(s): Gameboy I am almost positive, believe it was one of the purple see through cartridges as well

Genre: rpg

Estimated year of release: early 2000's

Graphics/art style: I believe it was color, so must've been gameboy color, kinda a neutral not dark or super happy bright theme, just neutral old school final fantasy feel

Notable characters: Nothing defining about a single character, but main character was a young kid in school, starts with his group of 4 kids

Notable gameplay mechanics: I am almost positive there was some kind of feature where as you beat monsters you would collect like soul pieces or shards or something that would either let you use that monster, or evolve yours, battled kinda like pokemon

Other details: The game starts with you either already in school, or going to school in a small coastal town, the school had a secret passage on the left with like a potion, then you meet your friends in a cave on the beach after school for a club, i think you maybe get sucked into a portal in the cave? either that or you leave town on your own, one of the kids or your sister or something gets taken?

rabiddoughnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solved from reddit, its magi nation

Platform(s): Gameboy I am almost positive, believe it was one of the purple see through cartridges as well

Genre: rpg

Estimated year of release: early 2000's

Graphics/art style: I believe it was color, so must've been gameboy color, kinda a neutral not dark or super happy bright theme, just neutral old school final fantasy feel

Notable characters: Nothing defining about a single character, but main character was a young kid in school, starts with his group of 4 kids

Notable gameplay mechanics: I am almost positive there was some kind of feature where as you beat monsters you would collect like soul pieces or shards or something that would either let you use that monster, or evolve yours, battled kinda like pokemon

Other details: The game starts with you either already in school, or going to school in a small coastal town, the school had a secret passage on the left with like a potion, then you meet your friends in a cave on the beach after school for a club, i think you maybe get sucked into a portal in the cave? either that or you leave town on your own, one of the kids or your sister or something gets taken?

Eddiegames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I'm looking for an Action-Platformer Flash Game I played on Notdoppler about 4-6 years ago, it was a game where you controlled a little yellow guy, kinda looked like a yellow semi-circle with legs and eyes, it had pretty tight controls, a double jump, you could run on ceilings, and lots of sawblades and spikes for obstacles, the level design reminded me of Super Meat Boy a lot. I've searched through a lot of Notdoppler but I can't seem to find it, anybody know what I'm talking about?

appie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was this game that I remember playing back when I was around 8 or 9, about 2004 or 2005 maybe? Early 2000's PC game, it was a point-and-click adventure game, aimed at kids. It felt a lot like Sam and Max or Dr Brains Island, but I already looked and its not that, it had two main characters and they end up on this island with a bunch of natives. Before that they were on a ship and they had to fix the big sail in order to get to the island. You had to find pieces downstairs on the ship like thread and needle and cloth to repair the sail. Birds were messing with it while you were trying to repair it and you crash land on this island. You have to go through puzzles, at first trying to fix your ship i think, then stuff happens and you end up fighting pirates, sneaking on to their ship at one point to take a golden harp i believe. you end up somewhere turning off valves to stop a volcano from erupting. I can't really remember anything else at the moment.

Gavwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a third person action game that I played on PS2. The primary weapon I remember using was very similar to a lightsaber with an orange blade. The game is full of quick time events and I vaguely remember one bosses being a big spider or scorpion.

I borrowed it from my brother's friend and really enjoyed it, can't remember the name of it for the life of me!

whatismylife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can’t remember the name of this PC game, from late 90’s or early 2000’s, I thought it was a reader rabbit game but I can’t find it. It takes place at a circus & you have to unlock parts of the main circus doing small missions. One of them is you holding a flashlight finding (something I can’t remember, a ticket maybe).

Depem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone, I hope you can help me find this game, I´ve been years looking for it.

It was a PC game (I think CD), a point-and-click adventure. the graphics were silimar to King Quest V (really the entirely game was). I controlled a man who was out trying to go back home, the first thing I remember doing is taken a coconut and petroleum to make a bomb to enter a cave. In the first "room" of the cave I remember there was a Skull and if you cheked it he would say: "To be, or not to be, that is the question".

Then I only remember fractions of the cave, something about finding different coloured powder to use them in a well to summon a... floating head? I also remember in the end I had to put three coloured glasses in holes with sunlight in the wall that would create a beam of light to show me the way out.

Sorry if its vague I was really young when I played it, I guess it came from a magazine.

Thanks all.

AMReese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a hard time remembering a game.

A fairly straightforward factory-like game where you gather resources (coffee? tea? candy?), sort of like a factory game, and you build rocket ships to send resources off. Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of it a while back.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4618  Edited By confusedowl

@gavwow: Late answer but is it Eve of Extinction?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Do y'all remember the name of the game Austin and Vinny Quick Looked that started in an apartment, spilled out to an intersection. It was sort of a walking simulator/puzzle. Trippy. Heavily based on a famous writer I think?

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4620  Edited By stantongrouse
egonsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4621  Edited By egonsi

@mitaka90: Knight and Merchants? Map areas not explored are in black "cloud", you must manage a small town, there is a Castle you need to build to train troops...

But no king ingame, you are the King.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon No worries - it's not a bad game, definitely better for fans of his work but it's a nice trippy little wander around his mindset.

egonsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a really long shot with this phantom of a game. Even the ppl who played it with me do not remember its name QQ.

The game is from the '90s maybe after 95. It was on PC, and maybe on Win95. It totally had 256 colors or more.

It was a Sidescroller, Jump and Run, with 2.5D graphics. Hand-drawn, but pixelated. the background was moving at a different pace to indicate depth. The name of the game ( not 100% sure) sounded Japanise, and I'm almost sure it originated from there. In its name, there was the letter "E", but not sure.

The CHARACTER: -The main character was always on the opposite side of the screen the direction you were facing, you were able to go left and right too. The character looked like an 8 (head and torso and legs), and it had a green color, maybe some slight blue color palette. You could walk, run and sprint (or run and sprint were the same, IDK) and the sprint was like in Super Mario 3, and when you reached max speed, the legs of the char were going in circles beside the torso (lower body).

GAMEPLAY: -You basically exorcised all the levels from the spirints there. There were pickups, powerups (maybe) and weapons. I have a faint memory of a boomerang against a bat enemy.

THE LEVELS: -There were many places, maybe 5-6, but not sure. I only remember 2 or 3. 1 place consisted maybe 2 or more stages. Between maps, you saw the world map (the real world map), and some places there.

1. The first level, of which I'm most unsure, was taken place in JAPAN, in a bamboo forest. There were floating scrolls, and other things I don't remember.
  2. I think it was the 4th level, I IDK, but it was a vampire castle for sure. And here what I remember very well, on IDK which stage, you had a super shortcut (about 30% of the stage, or a harder part of the stage). At the beginning, you had to go right, till a chasm or what, with spikes (bottom of the screen) and then climb up, but if you sprinted and ignored all the enemy at the start, and jumped before the chasm, took damage once from the spikes, you got yourself a very good skip. There was all kind of undead thing on the level, and bats and maybe vampires.
  3. One of the last maps was in NYC, I'm sure of it. To progress, you needed to climb up 2 "skycraper" and dodge the basketball guys ball other stereotypes. At the end of the level you are gone into the metro, where you had some ghost metro cars, crawling like a caterpillar and other enemies I don't remember.

Sry for the long post, I'm searching for this for 6 years not :(

egonsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jarnix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont remember much about this game..

I believe it was on Genesis or PS1, it was around 1995-1999

you played I believe as girls and it was a side scrolling game, you had powers i believe or the girls transformed. (no this was not sailor moon, something similar though) it was RPGish

I remember grabbing it one weekend at blockbuster and loved it but never remembered anything about it since.

it was fantasy type kinda mixed with space elements or like a space board? I remember jumping on platforms and thats about it, i know its not much to go on. but i have searched far and wide and have come up with nothing.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4627 fisk0  Moderator

An unconventional one of these, but I found this old stock photo of a shelf of PC games from around 1998-99. I recognize most game boxes, but between Shogo and Die By The Sword, there's a box where I can only make out "3D", and I'm unable to find out what it is. It's probably some kind of game collection like the 4 in 1 things given that there's both a car and a soccer ball on the cover (and it probably isn't a Rocket League-esque car soccer game). Would love to know what it is if anybody recognizes the box (upper centre of the photo, just to the left of Shogo, the blue boxes below it, next to XS is probably the same title, but can't make out any of the words on there):

No Caption Provided

AS00037369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4628  Edited By AS00037369

Need to find some Puzzle Game on PC

**Platform(s): PC, played it on Windows 98**

**Genre: Similar to Puzzle Bobble of Taito**

**Estimated year of release: 2000s, didn't remember exactly**

**Graphics/art style: 2D, like some Pop Cap game**

**Notable characters: Just some ball and shooting machine**

**Notable gameplay mechanics: You Shoot the ball from screen bottom to group of others balls from the top to gain Score, 3 or more and it will break, just like Dynamite but the balls are Lines98-like**

**Other details: It's a very small game, if you lose, all the balls become white skulls, and some weird noise will came out after that (My copy has some problem, after game over it gonna be freeze, that's all i could remember), and its name has "Blood..." on it

[This is Game Over Screen, draw it on Paint so not 100% correct]

(https://imgur.com/y24ZNAA)

Harvizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Massive untapped nostalgia:

A 90's(?) PC (pretty sure not DOS, I think an early windows) point and click adventure game.

All I can remember is at the beginning of the game a screen with cows floating in a field behind a fence because of maybe a problem with the Earth's core or something? Some kind of mysterious calamity.

Everything's so faded, but I think the adventure entailed journeying to the center of the Earth to fix the core? I think one of the first screens might be an elevator you found that went down. There were robots or some kind of other life forms down there that you talked to a lot. It had a mechanical, underground, eerie type vibe.

There's a game called "Journey to the Center of the Earth," and it's not it.

Thanks for reading; I'm excited to see if it rings any bells.

Best,

Harvey

Azraeldbdr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a ufo game that started out with a cutscene if a small alien with a white bone like skull and red eyes and drove a ufo with a claw and eventually some guns but you could pick up rock with the claw and you were fighting some infestation of goo like things and eventually there were snow levels

dagde2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need help finding a game i played as a child on the home computer. It would've been released from 1995 - 2003.

You would go through various trials in a ruin that was a little bit like a maze. There was a creepy stone face that would tell you rules and what not, although i was very young when i played this so i couldn't give exact details. As a kid i could only solve one puzzle and I remember it was 3D.

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RobTheSlob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the game I’m trying to remember was an arena fighting game. The main thing I remember is which class I played. It was this bulky black armored knight I believe. I think it used a hammer or a mace. He had this one move where he spun in a circle hitting everyone around him. I think there was also a mage class. Each class had its own set moves and fighting style. I wanna say there was a map with a fighting platform in the middle surrounded by lava. I think it was like on a platform like gpotato or ijji. I played it sometime around 2005.

mateusberns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4635  Edited By mateusberns

So, lets go to this.

-it is a fighting game from PS1.

-i remember that there was 2 choosable characters, a girl and a bald(i think) boy.

- in this game , you kindda of walked in a kind of town and was when you touched other characters, you could fight with then.

- i remenber that there was a enemy with tiger skin, and a PANDA, that you could fight when touched in the map.

- the menu for selecting the girl ot the guy was blue(i think).

- when you where exploring the camera was in the sky looking down, and there was a fighting scenerie that was in a cave

HELP!!!!

Nergaltro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4636  Edited By Nergaltro

I remember playing this game around yeah 2004~~, it was a 2d platformer, the main character i remind it was something like a plumber, you were tiny in a house, and you had to fight roaches or some huge insect since you were so tiny, I remember you had a kitchen stage clearly where you were very tiny and had to traverse it. Remember playing it on a PC, likely on one CD rom for pc

dylanTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a game played between 2009 to 2013, I think it was on a xbox, it was an open world combat game where I could play as aliens or army guys, it was like Battlefield in size and content.

clp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4638  Edited By clp

Hello, nice forum.

Game info:

Platform : PC game that I got on a dvd-rom

Year : I played it around 2005-2010 or so.

Format : top-down Asteroid-type game.

Details : Very advanced asteroid-type game, with excellent full-color graphics, many different types of power-ups like shields, multi-shot, brakes, etc. I seem to recall the power-ups came off of objects you shot, and were represented as spinning/rotating green, blue, or red circles you had to maneuver to catch. I believe the green one had a plus sign on it. I also seem to recall getting hit made you lose some or all of these power-ups. My memory came up with "Debris" for the title but when I googled images of this i got a very basic-looking game that definitely wasn't it.

calicrew87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey y'all! There was a game that the crew played on UPF - though it possibly could have been a GBE Playdate or something - that was based in some 1950's ass Americana-small town with a power plant, school, homes, and other such places with an over map. The player could go to any of these locations and dealt with people and I remember it being FMV outside of the over map. I vividly remember a paper boy shooting or threatening to shoot the player character. It was most likely made in the 90's as a PC exclusive, but that's just a guess. I've been on a FMVinny run and had an itch to watch this segment that I remember being hilarious. Thanks!

Avatar image for bruhmomentnumero2
BruhMomentNumero2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember this flash game i used to play when I was really little, probably around 2009-10, for the love of me I can't remember its name. It's a base defense game, except it doesn't follow the archetype where the enemies follow a path and you place towers to defend a base. Instead it was an open field where enemies would slowly come towards your base, and in this case steal your sheep, then head back to where they came from.

The premise of the game was that you were a farmer, or something, (you're just the guy who places the towers, not a character), there's aliens who cross the field in which the game is situated on, if they successfully cross it they take one of your sheep, then make their way back. If I remember correctly, there is only one tower, but many different upgrade paths which you can take essentially making them their own different type of tower. I also remember it being very difficult.

As for the art style of the game; it went for more of a semi-realistic 3D animation type. There's a huge flying saucer looming in top of screen which the aliens come from, but this saucer doesn't move. The sheep themselves would hang out in a little coral on the bottom of the screen, i remember the gate was busted on the left side, and that's where the aliens would grab them from.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4641  Edited By whitegreyblack
clp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoredFtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4643  Edited By BoredFtw

Okay so I just created a login because I can't remember this game for the life of me and Google has not helped me out. So basically this game came out a long time ago I remember the cover distinctively because it had a dark background and then it had a purple train on the front. In the game it had all of the different fairy tales such as little Red Riding Hood, The three little pigs, Hansel and Gretel, Etc. I can't for the life of me think of what this game was called I legit thought it was story book train , or story train, something similar to that but no results. If you could help me as this has been bugging me for years now I'd appreciate it!

Edit: This was for the computer it was a CD-Rom.

calicrew87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4644  Edited By calicrew87
whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@calicrew87: Glad to help! The game is on GOG & Steam, by the way.

changoamarillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi.

I arrived looking for a video game that I don't remember for PC, I hope you can help me.

The game is of a bald soldier in two dimensions.

You point with the mouse and move with the keyboard.

I had it (demo) thanks to a magazine CD.

When he jumps, he turns like "CONTRA", It's set like in the jungle.

Departed for the year 1999 or 2000 I don't know what more data they can give, but I loved it and I could never finish it.

Thanks for your support.

QuangMinh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys.

Hope someone can help me with a game. I played it on console, probably NES, the year probably was 1999 or 2000. The theme was about 4 civilizations in the galaxy (red, green, yellow and blue) where you go and conquer their planets for resources. You fought with spaceships which you built, then you can board their spaceships to fight and capture their heroes/captains. The ultimate goal was to kill/capture their king.

That was one of the first game I ever played and I still love it. Thanks for your support.

BlankOW54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking for

Type:

-2-D Browser based game.

-Civilization building game with usernames.

-Timeframe: 2006-2012

Gameplay:

-The planet (Earth) is ALWAYS in a cross-section.

- You start off with the planet being entirely covered by trees. You then deforest an area to build housing, etc.

-You are building and improving a civilization on an Earth-like planet with things such as buildings, oil refineries, solar panels for energy.

-The people in the game are bold stick figures. Only humans in the game.

-Animated.

-Sole purpose of the game is to house as many people as possible and prevent too much pollution in the process.

Distinctive things I remember:

-You can make an "Air scrubber" building to clean "polluted air areas" if you were producing too many gases from energy production via oil drills.

- If an area had "polluted air" you could not place a building there.

-The very first thing you can build is a hotel type building to house people.

Things the game doesn't have:

-No politics, animals.

- Absolutely no battling. No wars etc. Simply civilization building.

Eddiegames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey uh, it's been some time, has anyone had any luck with my request at all?