The Xbox 360 is a 4 year old console and starting to show.

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By L4wz

Microsoft should either upgrade their console or make a new one because it is starting to show it's age and could really use an upgrade for competing against the two newer consoles or they should release a new one. What do you guys think?
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bubahula

what two newer consoles? 

this whole thread reeks of stupid. 

EDIT: im going to leave my stupidity here as a testament to sleep deprivation.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By End_Boss

I think you need to try way harder.

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By harrypmgaga

@L4wz said:

"Microsoft should either upgrade their console or make a new one because it is starting to show it's age"

Do you mean physically showing its age or showing its age in the form of the way the games play. 

If it's the latter I totally disagree.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

Still looks new to me.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By L4wz
@Bubahula said:
"what two newer consoles? "

PS3 and Wii are both newer than the 360.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By demontium
@L4wz: No. 

A 4 year plan seems to be too unbalanced with the other systems and only screws over MS. 

If they do that then Sony and Nintendo will get their later releases and be the "bigger attraction." 

If MS plays it smart they will wait.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By L4wz
@harrypmgaga said:
"

@L4wz said:

"Microsoft should either upgrade their console or make a new one because it is starting to show it's age"

Do you mean physically showing its age or showing its age in the form of the way the games play. 

"

Well for example it's starting to show it's graphic and functionality limits like having to put FFXIII on 3 disks.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bubahula
@L4wz said:
"@Bubahula said:
"what two newer consoles? "
PS3 and Wii are both newer than the 360. "

ah, sorry lol im wayyy to tired to think. 
i still disagree with all of what thought i have left
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By L4wz
@demontium said:
" @L4wz: No.  A 4 year plan seems to be too unbalanced with the other systems and only screws over MS.  If they do that then Sony and Nintendo will get their later releases and be the "bigger attraction."  If MS plays it smart they will wait. "

I don't see why they can't have the Xbox 720 and the Xbox 360, I mean look at the PS3 and PS2.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By AltonBrown
@L4wz: That's because the game is too large to fit on one DVD. A Blu-Ray holds much more data than a DVD.
Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Time_Lord
@L4wz: 
The 360 is fine I don't want to have spend 700 in a new console yet.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By L4wz
@AltonBrown said:
" @L4wz: That's because the game is too large to fit on one DVD. A Blu-Ray holds much more data than a DVD. "

That wasn't a problem before games started to become so massive. Maybe they should replace the DVD with Blu-Ray. I think I heard something about that before.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MysteriousBob
@L4wz said:
" @harrypmgaga said:
"

@L4wz said:

"
Well for example it's starting to show it's graphic and functionality limits like having to put FFXIII on 3 disks. "
Oh shit, ONE game. Time to lose millions on upgrading to blu-ray prematurely. 

And the graphics are still improving on the system- we haven't see the max yet. Besides you have to be anally ridiculous to say a 360 game looks dated. Even against the more powerful PS3 it looks good enough. 

This gen isn't close to being over now. Stop being so bloody impatient for no reason.
harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By harrypmgaga

Dude, 

They don't need to compete over the Wii that much as the market is almost certainly a different market.  

The graphics are almost the same as the PS3's, they definitely do not need to upgrade yet.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I just bought my 360 so I'm going to have to say... 

NO! 

But I do wish I could feel comfortable playing a multiplatform game without having to worry about graphics being better on my PS3.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17  Edited By the8bitNacho

We need to get through this Second Coming of the Great Depression before we can even begin to consider a new hardware generation. 

And I disagree.  The 360 is not showing its age in the least.  I don't even see why they'd ever need to upgrade past possibly supporting bluray.  This DVD thing has run its course as far as interactive media goes.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Matfei90
@L4wz said:
" Microsoft should either upgrade their console or make a new one because it is starting to show it's age and could really use an upgrade for competing against the two newer consoles or they should release a new one. What do you guys think? "
I think you're an idiot. I have all 3 current consoles in my household and the 360 feels the most solid to me. There's nothing to indicate that MS needs a 360 refresh to keep up with the other two before the next generation rolls around.

Also the last time I checked, it plays the same games as the PS3 (not including exclusives, obviously), and does so with better visual fidelity and in some cases, framerate.
Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ubiquitous

@L4wz said:

"@harrypmgaga said:
"

@L4wz said:

"
Well for example it's starting to show it's graphic and functionality limits like having to put FFXIII on 3 disks. "

That is not a "graphic and functionality limit" that is just the fact that the xbox360 uses DVDs, whereas the PS3 uses Bluray. DVD's cannot physically hold near as much information as a Bluray disk. Aside from that, Consoles go in very slightly varying cycles, if you don't stay with the cycle you die. Look at sega and thier Dreamcast, great system but a huge failure.  

Anyway you can look forward to the next generation of consoles around the year 2012. Of course you COULD build yourself a nice little PC if the 360 isn't giving you the graphics you want/ performance you want. But if you aren't into that, you'll just have to wait another 2 years or so.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Bigandtasty

Occasionally having to switch discs is not that big of a problem. Of course it is a problem when disc swapping is implemented poorly like Star Ocean 4, but that's on the developers.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By L4wz
@Kombat said:
"We need to get through this Second Coming of the Great Depression before we can even begin to consider a new hardware generation.  And I disagree.  The 360 is not showing its age in the least.  I don't even see why they'd ever need to upgrade past possibly supporting bluray.  This DVD thing has run its course as far as interactive media goes. "

We can gave another console generation, the economy is bad but i'm not on the street begging for food am I?
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xyzygy

This is the stupidest thread I've read all day... If a game like Assassin's Creed 2 can fit on one DVD and look slightly (slightly, I said slightly!) better than it's PS3 counterpart, there is no need for this thread.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By L4wz
@Matfei90 said:
" @L4wz said:
" Microsoft should either upgrade their console or make a new one because it is starting to show it's age and could really use an upgrade for competing against the two newer consoles or they should release a new one. What do you guys think? "
I think you're an idiot. I have all 3 current consoles in my household and the 360 feels the most solid to me. There's nothing to indicate that MS needs a 360 refresh to keep up with the other two before the next generation rolls around.  Also the last time I checked, it plays the same games as the PS3 (not including exclusives, obviously), and does so with better visual fidelity and in some cases, framerate. "

Your an idiot if you don't think that Xbox 360 shouldn't upgrade itself with Blu-Ray and PS3 fanboys wouldn't be able to brag about that anymore if it did.
webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By webby

Look at games like Oblivion or even Dragon Age they can fit on 1 DVD its just cause of the insane cinematic's that take up the space.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By webby
@L4wz said:
" @Matfei90 said:
" @L4wz said:
I think you're an idiot. I have all 3 current consoles in my household and the 360 feels the most solid to me. There's nothing to indicate that MS needs a 360 refresh to keep up with the other two before the next generation rolls around.  Also the last time I checked, it plays the same games as the PS3 (not including exclusives, obviously), and does so with better visual fidelity and in some cases, framerate. "
Your an idiot if you don't think that Xbox 360 shouldn't upgrade itself with Blu-Ray and PS3 fanboys wouldn't be able to brag about that anymore if it did. "
WTF, so they should upgrade just to have Blu-Ray ONLY so PS3 fanboys can't brag. LOL 
KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KimChi4U

I think this is a Sony fan boy thread in disguise. But hey, that's just my opinion.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AltonBrown
@xyzygy: Well spoken. I'd like to postpone next gen as long as possible, thanks.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MysteriousBob
@L4wz said:

" @Kombat said:

"We need to get through this Second Coming of the Great Depression before we can even begin to consider a new hardware generation.  And I disagree.  The 360 is not showing its age in the least.  I don't even see why they'd ever need to upgrade past possibly supporting bluray.  This DVD thing has run its course as far as interactive media goes. "
We can gave another console generation, the economy is bad but i'm not on the street begging for food am I? "
You don't work in the economy, do you?  

@L4wz
said:

" @Matfei90 said:

" @L4wz said:
Your an idiot if you don't think that Xbox 360 shouldn't upgrade itself with Blu-Ray and PS3 fanboys wouldn't be able to brag about that anymore if it did. "  
This thread is stupid as your idea is absurd on countless levels. You're in no position to call anyone an idiot. Microsoft aren't going to spend fucking millions of dollars on technology they don't need yet just to shut up a dozen nerds with an inflated sense of brand loyalty to Sony on the internet. What the hell are you thinking?

And its "you're". Jesus Christ.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By L4wz
@Webby said:
" @L4wz said:
" @Matfei90 said:
" @L4wz said:
WTF, so they should upgrade just to have Blu-Ray ONLY so PS3 fanboys can't brag. LOL  "

No that would be an added bonus. It would eliminate having to swap disks and can play movies at high-def.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By animateria

Dum, dum dum dum, dum dum dum~

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Diamond

WTF is with all the threads lately created by people that should be on system wars or Gamespot?

Trying to rip our community apart!

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By L4wz
@KimChi4U said:
"I think this is a Sony fan boy thread in disguise. But hey, that's just my opinion. "

When you look at my username is it Blue or Green?
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By meteora

The Orange Box doesn't even take up more than 6 GB and it has like 5 games in there. It depends on how well the game is compressed and what kind of unnecessary shit they need to take out of their games. Now isn't the time and quite frankly having to use more than one disc for a game is not an issue. They will be optimized and compressed as necessary.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AltonBrown
@Diamond: I left Joystiq to get away from system wars. If they start here, I'm going to be pissed.
Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ubiquitous
@L4wz said:
"@Matfei90 said:
" @L4wz said:

Most people really wouldn't give a shit about fanboys or thier bragging, especially about something as petty as a Disk drive, if they were happy with the product that they purchased.
icedturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By icedturtle

I think the xbox 360 could go another four more years and life would still be great

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Coombs

Wow, Troll away my friend troll away....

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely not.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PJ

Its still selling more then the PS3 so yes, MS would be retarded if they dont make a new consol because its not like they have ALOT of games coming out for it or the games selling like crazy.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Red

Nope. Games are still looking mighty fine.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By L4wz
@Coombs said:
"Wow, Troll away my friend troll away.... "

I'm not a troll if I say a console is showing it's age. Am I a troll if I say that GTA IV's visuals have shown it's age?
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bubahula
@PJ said:
" Its still selling more then the PS3 so yes, MS would be retarded if they dont make a new consol because its not like they have ALOT of games coming out for it or the games selling like crazy. "
whoa, so many double negatives. I am confused on where you stand :P
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Coombs
@L4wz: 
You asked a question and are now attacking everyone who posts an opinion different than your own,
Thats what a troll does, Your looking for a flame war.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By meteora

Don't feed the troll.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By L4wz
@Coombs said:
"@L4wz:  You asked a question and are now attacking everyone who posts an opinion different than your own, Thats what a troll does, Your looking for a flame war. "

They insulted me so I do the same.
ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ZmillA

no

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Barrock

If you own a four year old Xbox 360, I'm sure it seems like it is four years old.

Because it is.

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ubiquitous
@L4wz:
Hey guy... you should really quit while you're ahead. Not that you're actually ahead, you're probably much more like wayyyyy behind at this point. But still, you should just stop. Of course you probably like flame, thats probably why you made this thread in the first place. So anyway, I'm gonna stop posting on this one now, cause this is getting a little tooooo ridiculous.
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By JB16
@AltonBrown:

Agreed, honestly
Im content with my PC and my 360 and I don't feel like shelling out another $500+ dollars for the next console...at least not for another few years.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By L4wz
@Ubiquitous said:
"@L4wz: Hey guy... you should really quit while you're ahead. Not that you're actually ahead, you're probably much more like wayyyyy behind at this point. But still, you should just stop. Of course you probably like flame, thats probably why you made this thread in the first place. So anyway, I'm gonna stop posting on this one now, cause this is getting a little tooooo ridiculous. "

How am I a fking troll by stating facts and defending myself when people insult me?