The Xbox 360 is a 4 year old console and starting to show.

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By FrankCanada97
@L4wz said:
" @KimChi4U said:
"I think this is a Sony fan boy thread in disguise. But hey, that's just my opinion. "
When you look at my username is it Blue or Green? "
He said in disguise.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By L4wz
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @L4wz said:
" @KimChi4U said:
"I think this is a Sony fan boy thread in disguise. But hey, that's just my opinion. "
He said in disguise. "

I don't even own a PS3 (yet)
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Diamond said:
" WTF is with all the threads lately created by people that should be on system wars or Gamespot?  Trying to rip our community apart! "
Eventually it happens when a website gets popular. These people will go to the new popular site and air their "views" at the large userbase.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I disagree. This whole 4-year/5-year console life cycle sucks. All of the systems still have a couple of years left at the very least.

Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ironknight
@Webby said:
" Look at games like Oblivion or even Dragon Age they can fit on 1 DVD its just cause of the insane cinematic's that take up the space. "
oblivion really isn't that big
wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By wrecks

No. Games look and play better than ever on the 360. The longer a console's life cycle, the longer devs have to tinker with it and make better software for it. Best games for the 360 are yet to come.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Barrock
@FrankCanada97: 

Screw u xbot. ( I kid )

But seriously. Does NATAL not mean anything? At all?
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FrankCanada97

The current generation has to continue for a few more years, I've entered it just a year and a half ago!

Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Andborn

They said years ago that FF13 would have to be on multiple DVD discs, because SquareEnix doesn't want to compress anything, I.E. textures and cinematics.  This is by no means a recent revelation. Did you know that the guts of the 360 are actually a derivative of the proprietary hardware that Sony paid to have developed. Basically it's a modified cell structure.  
What is the point of your thread? 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By MysteriousBob
@L4wz said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" @L4wz said:
" @KimChi4U said:
He said in disguise. "
I don't even own a PS3 (yet) "
How can you NOT own one with that blu-ray drive? A Blu ray drive is the only thing capable of playing games that don't SUCK. All the 360 library sucks because of all that disk swapping you have to do all the time. I hate how Arkham Asylum shipped on TWELVE disks. The 360 might as well ship with a FLOPPY DISK DRIVE for how hopelessly out of date DVDs are. Hell, I can't even remember what DVDs are. So out dated. A medium for GRANPARENTS.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By L4wz
@Ironknight said:
" @Webby said:
" Look at games like Oblivion or even Dragon Age they can fit on 1 DVD its just cause of the insane cinematic's that take up the space. "
oblivion really isn't that big "

If Oblivion isn't big then I really have no idea what is.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Barrock said:
" @FrankCanada97:   Screw u xbot. ( I kid )  But seriously. Does NATAL not mean anything? At all? "
Huh? Which of my posts were you referencing? I don't quite understand.
belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By belaraphon

i think the 360 still has life in it. its far from perfect but i still think its the best of the three.  now, if only sony and microsoft could get together and just make a super console. then i wouldnt have to drop so much money on hardware.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By L4wz
@MysteriousBob said:
" @L4wz said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" @L4wz said:
" @KimChi4U said:
He said in disguise. "
How can you NOT own one with that blu-ray drive? A Blu ray drive is the only thing capable of playing games that don't SUCK. All the 360 library sucks because of all that disk swapping you have to do all the time. I hate how Arkham Asylum shipped on TWELVE disks. The 360 might as well ship with a FLOPPY DISK DRIVE for how hopelessly out of date DVDs are. Hell, I can't even remember what DVDs are. So out dated. A medium for GRANPARENTS. "

Congrats, Troll
joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By joshy9411

OP is a complete idiot. out of all the games comming out on 360, how many of them are actually on multiple discs? i can think of 3...... upgradeing to bluray would not be a financialy viable option for microsoft at the moment, not to mention it would be completely un-necesary. Xbox 360 is a perfectly good console at the moment, and for microsoft to make a new console, or even to upgrade to bluray would be a completely stupid move. and dont give me any of this FFXIII crap. who cares if its on 3 disks? it dsnt mean your missing out on the experience does it...

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Deathawk

As I'm getting older, I find myself wanting new systems less and less, I was perfectly happy with the PS2, but then the industry moved on to the 360 and PS3 era. Was it necessary I'm not sure Kameo sure was pretty, but I was also perfectly happy playing Halo and Okami. New consoles no longer exite me like they use to, there just a hassle at this point. What I reallu get excited about is when a game system is well established and has a large variety of games, when you bring to market a new console you get neither of these things. At this point I'm not even sure the industry needs to upgrade within the next five years. After all at this point it's all about counting framerates and other bizare things that make other versions supperior.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By neoepoch

On a side question from this scintillating topic, how does 360 treat multi-disc games. I know Lost Odyssey is one. Does it just save after the disc is spent and you restart the system putting a new disc in? Cause I know that the system resets when you hit eject while playing. (or at least goes back to the dash. I forgot...it has been a while).

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bubahula
@MysteriousBob said:
" @L4wz said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" @L4wz said:
" @KimChi4U said:
He said in disguise. "
How can you NOT own one with that blu-ray drive? A Blu ray drive is the only thing capable of playing games that don't SUCK. All the 360 library sucks because of all that disk swapping you have to do all the time. I hate how Arkham Asylum shipped on TWELVE disks. The 360 might as well ship with a FLOPPY DISK DRIVE for how hopelessly out of date DVDs are. Hell, I can't even remember what DVDs are. So out dated. A medium for GRANPARENTS. "
wow. this is one of the worst trolls i have ever seen on giantbomb.
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By fripplebubby
@MysteriousBob said:

This thread is stupid as your idea is absurd on countless levels.   

I believe that would be, "This thread is *as* stupid as your idea is absurd on countless levels." Jesus Christ. Also, you would say "*It's* you're", Not "Its you're"
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MysteriousBob
@L4wz:  
@Bubahula:  
Sarcasm. Look it up.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bubahula
@MysteriousBob said:
" @L4wz:  
@Bubahula:  Sarcasm. Look it up. "
sorry. my internet emotion detector must be broken.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Bubahula said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @L4wz said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
" @L4wz said:
" @KimChi4U said:
He said in disguise. "
wow. this is one of the worst trolls i have ever seen on giantbomb. "
I thought it was a satirical take on the modern day troll.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AltonBrown
@neoepoch: It treats them pretty much like the PS1 did. Save, then pop the next disk in. No hassle.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By bubahula
@FrankCanada97: 
lol i now know. i think that's enough posting for me for now, im too tired and hungry to think.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Bubahula: I should be sleeping right now, but instead I'm risking brain damage by probably only getting 6 hours of sleep for the umpteenth time.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By L4wz
@AltonBrown said:

"@neoepoch: It treats them pretty much like the PS1 did. Save, then pop the next disk in. No hassle. "

But the PSone is a 5th gen console and the Xbox 360 is 7th gen, we really shouldn't have to degrade ourselves by having to go over to the shelf take out another disk and put into the console just so we can keep playing our games. 

Edited for typos.
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AltonBrown
@L4wz: If you feel degraded by having to switch disks you have some self worth issues. Anyway, only a few games use multiple disks. In short, get up off your ass and change the disk. Not an issue.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FrankCanada97
@L4wz said:
" @AltonBrown said:
"@neoepoch: It treats them pretty much like the PS1 did. Save, then pop the next disk in. No hassle. "
But the PSone is a 5th gen console and the Xbox 360 7th gen, we really shouldn't have to degrade ourselves by having to go over to the shelf take out another disk and put into the TV just so we can keep playing out games. "
It's not exactly a lengthy process. Besides if some people are like me, most would keep their game cases of games they are currently playing right beside the console.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By scarace360

I would like it if i could put a new graphics card in it but then again that's the point of a console not to upgrade it. but other than that i dont want a new console cause well i dont have any more shelve space to put all the out of date ones so ya. They need to put a new one out in the next 5 years or at least announce one in 2.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By L4wz

I don't see what the big deal is, the 360 could use a bit of an upgrade or we can have 2 Xbox's on the market just like we have 2 Playstation's.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By thecleric

upgrade their console? 

almost..almost like a pc?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FrankCanada97
@L4wz: There just isn't enough demand for an "upgrade" or new Xbox to warrant a major financial undertaking by MS.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By L4wz

I'm sure you would all love to see the Xbox 360 RROD free....
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Coombs

Why are people still feeding the troll?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Akeldama

former PS3 fanboy agrees. This thread fails.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By L4wz
@Coombs said:
"Why are people still feeding the troll? "

Why are you still here?
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Coombs said:
" Why are people still feeding the troll? "
Some of us (including me), have frequent delusions that logic eventually and will always trump everything else.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Coombs
@L4wz: 
Good question, Have fun Mr. Troll
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AltonBrown
@FrankCanada97: Tell me about it.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Bubahula said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @L4wz:  
sorry. my internet emotion detector must be broken. "
If by that you mean your fucking common sense then, yeah. I detect serious problems too. 

Love how you thought I would argue against someone and then agree with them in a completely different tone. You're a smart one, aren't you?
thegriefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By thegriefer

are you fucking kidding me?

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By L4wz
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @L4wz said:
" @AltonBrown said:
But the PSone is a 5th gen console and the Xbox 360 7th gen, we really shouldn't have to degrade ourselves by having to go over to the shelf take out another disk and put into the TV just so we can keep playing out games. "
It's not exactly a lengthy process. Besides if some people are like me, most would keep their game cases of games they are currently playing right beside the console. "

Well wouldn't you prefer to be able to just sit there and keep playing? You probably wouldn't understand. I am guessing your 12 based on the "97" in your name.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By FrankCanada97
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Bubahula said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @L4wz:  
If by that you mean your fucking common sense then, yeah. I detect serious problems too.  Love how you thought I would argue against someone and then agree with them in a completely different tone. You're a smart one, aren't you? "
Woah, lay off the dude, its been a long night for him. Mind can't think straight without sleep.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FrankCanada97
@L4wz said:

" @FrankCanada97 said:

" @L4wz said:

" @AltonBrown said:

It's not exactly a lengthy process. Besides if some people are like me, most would keep their game cases of games they are currently playing right beside the console. "
Well wouldn't you prefer to be able to just sit there and keep playing? You probably wouldn't understand. I am guessing your 12 based on the "97" in your name. "
That was a rather quick assumption. I am actually a high school senior, 97 is a lucky number for me. (Don't ask) Yes, it would be more convenient, but stopping play to put in another disk wouldn't ruin my experience. I just think of it as a "pause". It's the same as getting up to use the washroom.
goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By goodwood

Im going to assume that 1, the OP bought the 360 at or near the beginning of its cycle and did not just recently get into the system.  2 he is not affected at all by the economy and does not understand most people dont have the money or demand for a new console.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By bubahula
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Bubahula said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @L4wz:  
If by that you mean your fucking common sense then, yeah. I detect serious problems too.  Love how you thought I would argue against someone and then agree with them in a completely different tone. You're a smart one, aren't you? "
alright then, i was done with this topic but i guess you get off on being a fucking douchebag?
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By L4wz

Is it possible to share your thoughts and ideas without getting called a troll?
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By guiseppe

I don't see how the 360 is "showing it's age" more than any of the other consoles of this gen. Sure it RROD's a lot and it uses DVD's but when it works, which it does most of the time, it works just as well as the PS3. In terms of graphics, yes the PS3 has more power but there are few games taking advantage of that. Most games have an equal amount of graphical detail for both consoles, some are better on one system than on the other and vice versa, but that's more to do with the developer's willingness to take advantage of what hardware they have. Not the actual console. So no, I can't say that I agree with you, the 360 is my preferred system and I can't see anything changing that this generation. What happens in the next, we'll just have to wait and see.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#99  Edited By TheHT

I dunno man, besides data format being DVD 360 still puts out some great stuff.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By AltonBrown
@L4wz: The main problem with your approach is that you decided to call people idiots for disagreeing with you. Also, several of your reasons for wanting a new Xbox seem petty.