Trade in/Purchasing Regrets

Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vance_Helsing

I'm not exactly sure if all of you trade in games at your local GameStop/Crazy/Whatever, but I have done so on occasion (when I was a young, naive wide-eyed kid). But I'm sure that everyone has made a dumb video game purchase before. Let's hear about it and grieve together! I guess!

I'll start:
I wish I never traded in my "Spider-Man 2" for PS2 or my "Ridge Racer" for PSP- loved both games to death, and I sincerely hope to buy them again real soon; they'll never leave my sight again.

Bad purchases: "Dr. Muto", "50 Cent" and "Conker" all for XBOX- all $50, all complete wastes of time and money (ok, so Conker had ok multiplayer I guess, but still).

How's about everyone else?

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GiantRetard

regrets are gta 4 on ps3 and resi evil 4 on ps2 those are my mane f ups

,y retarted purchases have been haze and  simpsons game on the ps3

DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DarkFlow83

I traded in my Wii at gamestop about a year ago.  I know I know.  I needed the cash right then and could not wait on the spastastic Craigslist person.  I wish I would have had time to Sell that thing for more then pennys on the dollar.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I regret purchasing my original Playstation 3 used.  That was incredibly stupid, as I never tend to buy anything used, but I wanted one with backwards compatability, and so I shelled out for it.  Thankfully, I get a full refund from Gamestop thanks to my brother going apeshit on the clerk when he tried to give us store credit instead.

I've yet to trade in anything to a Gamestop or similar store, so I'm good there.  I usually sell them off to friends or family, or in most cases, I keep the games.

There are a ton of video game purchases that I regret.  Namely, I bought Metal Dungeon at its full $50 price tag.  I was starved for an RPG and only had an Xbox with me at that point, so I picked up that horrible stinker. 

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpecTackle

The only thing I regret buying recently was Battlefield: Bad Company. I guess Unreal Tournament 3 for PC as well... I like it, it's great, but no one plays it.

I don't yet fully regret trading in my Wii, though I will when the next Zelda game is legitimately coming out. I kind of regret trading Ninja Gaiden 2 in, and Crackdown. Nothing else really comes to mind.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Conkers multiplayer was fantastic. Im not even talking about the xbox versions shooter game. I mean the games that were from the n64 version like beach and t-rex. If you got at least 1 friend you can play those games for a long ass time. Conkers single player was amazing. Never really regretted a purchase or a trade in.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drakesfortune

I really regret selling my SNES and all of my SNES games.  I would love to have that back.  Also I'd like to have my turbografx with bubble bobble back, but I'm not sad I sold the rest of the games.

I really regret having bought Oblviion for PS3 at full price too.  That game just isn't for me.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gizmo

A next gen Spider-man 2 would be incredible, they could use the extra power for large groups of people and dynamic lighting etc. Shame that their insisting on making crappy Spiderman games from now on (WOS excluded).

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Chummy8

The tasmanian devil game for the SNES, Cliffhanger, Forgotten Worlds, and quite a few more games that I wish I never bought or played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Traded in my gamecube with about 21 games as a kid, and I got 1 psp with 2 games, and they let me rip myself off, fucking assholes, but yes I was also very stupid at the time.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chummy8

Lol you traded in a gamecube when you were a kid.  Damn, I think I was just married at the time I got mine.  My wife still plays it.

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Lieutenant

trade ins:
uhh probably tony hawk pro skater 3 for ps2 and banjo kazooie, but i have both for xbox now

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By breadfan

When the Playstation 2 first came out I went out and sold my Nintendo 64 and Playstation thinking that I would never play them again.  I really began to regret getting rid of my N64.  As for buying games the most recent regret was that I bought  Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway for full price and the next month it was selling at Gamestop for only $15 brand new.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

TekZero said:
"Lol you traded in a gamecube when you were a kid.  Damn, I think I was just married at the time I got mine.  My wife still plays it."
Well I didn`t really meen kid, I was alot younger, I`m 17 now and it was a good few years back when I didn`t really have a clue for the value of the product I was trading in and the guys there were being dicks and saying it was a good trade.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane

I don't trade in game and since my money has always been tight, I choose my purchases wisely.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chummy8

Wow.  For a second there I felt REALLY old.  I'm only 29 dammit.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By super_machine

I shouldnt have traded in Far Cry 2. Even th\ought that game was buggy, and screwed me half way through, I only got $10 for the trade in. I kick myself now.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I used to trade in my games at the local Gamestop, but I've since learned better. Typically, I play through a game to get the story, then start it up again a few weeks later and get every unlock, etc I can. After that, I sell it on Ebay. Why you ask? Because Gamestop pays jack sh** for games, and really jacks the price up on used games. They make 150% profit or so on used stuff if its traded in.

I'd much rather get $10-$15 more from an Ebay buyer than get ripped off at a local shop.

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Lieutenant
super_machine said:
"I shouldnt have traded in Far Cry 2. Even th\ought that game was buggy, and screwed me half way through, I only got $10 for the trade in. I kick myself now."
holy FUCK
10$? didn't that game just come out?
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By gearhead

I would have to say that I never really have traded in a game, though I do regret the purchase of Bomberman Zero. Don't ask me why...

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By super_machine
Lieutenant said:
"super_machine said:
"I shouldnt have traded in Far Cry 2. Even th\ought that game was buggy, and screwed me half way through, I only got $10 for the trade in. I kick myself now."
holy FUCK
10$? didn't that game just come out?"
yeah. I wish I had been high or drunk at the time because then I could explain why I went along with it.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Shadow

I went in and traded in about 10 games I knew I'd never play again.  They were great games, but I was just done with them.  I only got $20 for all of them combined.  A couple went for only 50 cents.  That day, I vowed to never trade in anything to Gamestop ever again.

Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vance_Helsing

Bump?

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hexpane
danterandal19 said:

Bad purchases:  "Conker" all for XBOX- all $50, all complete wastes of time and money (ok, so Conker had ok multiplayer I guess, but still).

"
Huh? Conker is one of the best platformers ever made
Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vance_Helsing

I know, the game is beloved in many gaming circles, but the Xbox version feels so dated; it just plays better on the N64. And it's completely neutered as well- every single cuss word is bleeped in that game. Not a completely awful game, but I expected way better.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By LiquidPrince

I traded in LAIR for $38 and bought Resistance 2.

Adolph_Hitler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Adolph_Hitler

Final Fantasy 3 (or 6 in Japan) on my SNES. I traded it for Secrets of Evermore. Fucking gutted.