Vinny, Brad, and Alex are leaving the site. Last day is Friday.

capybarathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

For the past 5 years and change Giant Bomb has been a source of joy in my life. Thank you, Vinny, Alex, and Brad, for your time, your work, and the fond memories you've given me.

Gonna be a huge nerd here, but I mean it sincerely.

Vinny, Alex, and Brad. Live long and prosper.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Best of luck and congratulations to all three on taking their next steps in life, whether that means exciting new paths, or refocusing on current ones. Also to the people sticking around, and to the website, as it sounds like a lot of May will also be about new steps and refocusing for them too.

Abs_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean we will finally find out what was in Dave Sniders Envelope?

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this was really unexpected and hit me quite hard. Brad Vinny and Alex have been a daily staple of my life for well over a decade. I have a lot of love for this site and everybody who has and does make it so great and unique. It's been a really deeply positive influence on me. I got a lot of comfort here in hard times and I certainly wouldn't know nearly as much about the industry and art without them. I know it's silly because I have never interacted with them but it feels like losing old friends, and I think that just speaks to how wonderful this site and staff are. I hope that everybody ends up where they want to be and happy (I selfishly really hope that will involve videos or podcasts but I understand people wanting to potentially move away from that, I can't imagine how strange it must be). I'll be here for whatever comes next.

feigr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I remember listening to the HotSpot in my first apartment, and watching the early video content on GameSpot with Jeff and Ryan and Brad. That was about 17 years ago now.

I remember the energy drink tests on the early podcasts in the tiny basement office.

I remember the endurance runs that consumed me and were a daily treat.

I remember all the crazy mailbag videos in the other basement office with Will and Norm and everyone else there.

I remember Ryan.

Nothing lasts forever, except memories.

wjtays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the memories gents. Wherever life takes you, all the best!

fragglerock1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gutted. Hope this is not the end, but whatever it is a pretty big inflection point.

Good luck to all the duders whatever they get up too next, here or elsewhere.

Panimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CalXNor15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been following Jeff and everyone since gamespot they have literally been a part of my life since I was a kid. Still shocked and heart broken, it really feels like the end of an era. Everyone created so much fun and goofy videos that have been so important especially in the last year. Excited and hopefully what Giant Bomb will become. Wishing the best of luck to Vinny, Brad and Alex.

creutzfeldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you Vinny, Alex and Brad. Giant Bomb has been a major part of my life since the first Arrow Pointing Down podcast. Change is scary, and I'm a bit bummed right now - but I wish you all the best! I'll miss you guys.

dunbar256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, Vinny, Brad and Alex for all of the wonderful memories and laughs. Jeff -- look forward to what's next for the site.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Selfishly my constant, but really they have to do what's best for them and look after themselves.

The pandemic is no doubt to blame in some form or another.

The virus has taken down the beast RIP.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heartbroken, but wishing all the best to all the crew!

bofe77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By bofe77

It has been a pleasure guys. I don’t think I would have survived without this website as silly as it sounds. You guys kept me sane and I will always cherish that.

senor_mayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad, Vinny, and Alex all leaving really sucks. I'll selfishly say I wish they weren't, but people move on. To stay complacent is to give up potential, I get that. I hope nothing but the best for these duders.

Alex, gotta say, as a fellow drummer and well...a fellow cynic (lol) I really am going to miss your input on the channel. Not to mention your drum streams were a safe haven for me during the pandemic.

I signed up for the wrestling podcasts originally. Those sadly (but understandably) went away. Since then, I've watched more and more people drop off the team, year after year. I hope Jeff wants to/can rebuild (again). GB is, for both games journalism and comedy, my go-to. I hope it stays that way.

Much love.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am at a loss for words right now but I will say that I want to thank Vinny, Alex and Brad for so many joyful and incredible moments over the years. I know that each one of them will continue to do incredible things no matter what they do and I look forward to what they will do next.

colinstros55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is sad. This site is great, and these gents are a huge part of it. I am bummed to see them go, but I have to imagine they are moving on to something really great for them as people. Good luck to all three.

As for favorite moments, Holiday Games were always hilarious. Vinny getting all flustered and saying he is "bad at video games". Alex being clearly angry but keeping his cool. Brad being excellent but yet also somehow losing to Dan.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really sure what else I can say.

I'm doing a lot of self reflection. Giant Bomb made me think about video games on a different level than before. I am now more informed and aware of the history. I've discovered so many games that I wouldn't have known about because of this team. So thank you so much.

Personally, Vinny leaving hits harder because he's someone I look up to. Kind, caring, goofy, great story teller, unafraid to embarrass himself, and a great leader. He plays the games I like to play and has the same criticisms, concerns, likes and dislikes that I have. When Vinny speaks, I listen. The best example, as I listened to the Bombcast live today (and I never do that), when Vinny thanks his wife and cries. I was already holding back tears. He's always been the one to show emotion and get teary eyed on stream. So than you @vinny for being yourself. It has meant so much to me.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm excited to see what they do next, but it's undoubtedly a sad day for everyone in the GB community.

Hugs for everyone who needs them!

bWo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing but love, best wishes and thank you to Brad, Alex and Vinny.

Anxiously awaiting word from Jeff on what's next.

shifty13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the great memories! Really made a difference these past 10 years in my life.

All the best!

ditchell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I made this account in 2008. I can't say I've followed as closely as some of you, but for the first 10 years or so of this site's existence I don't think I missed a podcast. It was a big part of my life and routine and it hurts knowing it's gone, even if life and such has made me a much more infrequent listener. I wish Brad, Vinnie and Alex the best and logged back in to this thing just to say that out loud.

swaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to Brad, Vinny and Alex. Thanks for so many great memories over the years. Really sad, but hoping the spirit of the site can keep going well into the future.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit. Been here for 12 years because of those dudes man. I remember back in the day the community kept track how long it would take for brad to die in a quick look. Also Small business man. Also "Muh Balls"

follow001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably should start mass downloading everything we can. Sad day.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP in peace

4squarebots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super sad and I wish them the best. I hope we get some more context on this. And I hope that the crew can get together again from time to time...

nedshead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By nedshead

Part of the journey is the end. Much love to Brad, Vinny, and Alex. Giantbomb is forever changed and it’s a sad sad day. I’ll never forget some of the content that these guys made over the years some the happiest moments and fun I’ve had in gaming ever. Gutted

sLiPdIsCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been here since day one. Only two podcasts I listen to religiously. Losing these 3 is like losing 3 friends.

Nekromantix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn.

Loading Video...

TeeCerberus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By TeeCerberus

Giant bomb has gotten me through the roughest of times and I am grateful to the whole crew for being the calm between my crippling anxiety

The news is a gut punch but I am grateful all the same, I wish you guys well

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ALEX CAN"T LEAVE! HE STILL HAS LIKE 2000 ROCK BAND SONGS TO PLAY!

Seriously, though, this is a tremendous change. Best of luck to all three, but things are never really going to be the same here.

amiga1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much love to you all. Nothing stays the same forever but this still hurts. Everything crossed that those moving on and those staying all have exciting next chapters. Thanks for all those amazing times since 2008.

spiderwells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<3

Listener since day 1, this place has been a solace for me through difficult times. Change is hard and I am heartbroken, but I hope everyone ends up in a happier place.

Avatar image for abrahamlinkedin
abrahamlinkedin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This hit me like a gut punch. Wishing Alex, Vinny, and Brad nothing but the best wherever you go from here. As well as a heartfelt thank you for the endless hours of entertainment you have given me over the years.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing Brad get emotional broke my heart. I wish these three the best forever.

CyrusRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By CyrusRaven

Best of luck on all future endeavors and thanks for all the years of wonderful content.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just noticed that no host has ever left the site whose name begins with a J: Jeff, Jason, Jan (Jeff Backalar too)... Is there some hidden conspiracy at play to rename the site Jiant Bomb?!

Alas, it is a shame so many great folks have other letters to start their names: it's sad to see them go, however it seems the J-prophecy cannot be stopped (even for those who've been fighting it for over a decade).

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB started when I was a freshman in high school, and today I am about to graduate from medical school. What a ride.

Deise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Deise

Nothing else I can add others haven’t already. Thank you for all the entertainment all these years. GB has been a comfort to me through some hard times.

Actually felt a bit sick hearing the news. Anyway best of luck to Vinny, Brad and Alex any where will be lucky to have you.

And to Jeff, we’re with you to the end of the line.

tdous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I just started rewatching the Deadly Premonition runs. Again. 11 years after the first time. While that might be my problem, it's a problem I've learned to live with. :(

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, it sucks that Red Ventures are running off everyone who doesn't have a name starting with "J". Seems like there should be some kind of law against that, even though I'm safe.

Jonnythan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m glad to have all these good memories watching their stuff, and I hope they enjoyed it too!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Maybe the real Giant Bomb was the friends we made along the way.

This is nuts, though, what an end of an era. Of a dynasty.

MunnyShh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you all for all of the great shows! And, best wishes for whatever you do! Be safe and be happy, keeping all that truly matters as priority.

I'll hope maybe there's still an occasional podcast outside of work as all move on to their future endeavors.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By fetchfox

Man, this came as a surprise. I wish the guys the best and look forward to see what happens from here!

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I met Vinny and Brad at E3 2010, I didn’t know them at all. Over the coming years, I came to adore them, Alex, and the rest of the site and was always excited to see them at a press event.

I will miss Brad’s Han Solo outlook on life (I have a bad feeling about this), Vinny’s chaotic neutral vibe (by breaking everything, always), and Alex’s hot takes (especially on NFTs and our cyber hellscape).

BrandNameC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this couldn't last forever, but that doesn't make this any easier. I know this is what's best for each of them, and I'm glad for that reason that it's happening. I'm grateful for all they've given me on an individual level. This site has remained a consistent presence in my life through college, work, marriage, and starting a family. Through all the ups and downs to come, it's going to be strange not to have their voices playing in the background. God speed gents.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So sad to hear the news, although as a 40-something who is currently switching careers mid-life, I completely understand! It's rare to find a home and be a part of something like this for as long as they all have. It's nice to be able to leave on a high note.

You all will be greatly, greatly missed. I hope your next steps are fun and full of excitement!