User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By predator
Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

A lot of good ones have been mentioned, but I haven't seen Shadowrun Returns or Dragonfall mentioned. They are fresh in my mind from playing recently, and I think their world was well realized.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another vote for Morrowind. Skyrim was okay and all, and it's probably nostalgia talking, but I don't think Bethesda has yet to re-reach the level of immersion present in Morrowind. It's the little things that make it for me: the completely hand-crafted world, names for every single NPC, fragments of miscellaneous lore scattered about the world. The game did a fantastic job of making you feel like a small part of a bigger universe, even in spite of your grand and lofty quest. Again, nostalgia is likely making me forget the flaws in the game, and granted the superb fan-mods contribute to much of my love, yet still I feel that Morrowind is the closest thing to a "perfect" immersive experience.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Obviously Morrowind but super glad to see people championing Dishonored. I love the way that game handles it's world building. Alien Isolation also is amazingly crafted. It feels very lived in

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By viking_funeral

Has anyone said Morrowind yet? Oh, just about everyone?

Well, uh... make that a +1.

Spukc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it has to be gta5 that game looks alive.I can get lost for several hours just walking and looking at stuff. If this game starts supporting oculus that will me the most submerging experience we ever had.

Also funny disclaimer warning in the gta5 manual on ps4, (it warns you for stereo graphic 3d)

for nostalgia it was sonic the hedgehog 2

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@krevee said:

A lot of good ones have been mentioned, but I haven't seen Shadowrun Returns or Dragonfall mentioned. They are fresh in my mind from playing recently, and I think their world was well realized.

Well yeah, because Shadowrun as a tabletop game has been around for decades.

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@corevi:

I don't think that should discount the games being a well realized video game world, it helps that they have a rich back story from tabletop, but the creators did a really good job of translating the tabletop world into a digital world. Also many of the games mentioned in this thread have 10+ years of history, I don't think that should discount them because they've had other games in their history and past games in the series to help them realize the game world.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Soul Reaver was pretty great. Soul Reaver 2 with its different time periods made it seem even more extensive and well-realized.

Oh, and Darksiders!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

The Witcher 1
Fable TLC <-- These two are my standard answers for pretty much any game related question ;)

Also -

GTA IV
Sleeping Dogs
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Black Flag

@slaps2 said:

I know we are talking "best" here, but can I just note how poorly realized Mordor is in Shadow of Mordor? I'm I the only one who thought that games world was incredibly bland?

I sure as hell agree with you on that one. Terrible game world which made everything else pointless for me. I was too uninspired in that bland setting to care much for the "nemesis system". Story was stupid as well.

joseffthered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden I & II, Super Metroid, Demon/Dark Souls, Valkyrie Profile, The Longest Journey/Dreamfall, The Witcher series

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets go with Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, Persona 4, Mass effect 2, Jade Empire, basically any of Rockstar's and Bethesda's open world games, Witcher 2, Bastion, Bioshock and Bioshock infinite. Deus Ex, (and human revolution), and the Arkham games.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrowind. Bethesda should be ashamed of everything they have created since then.

This. Nothing has come close to Morrowind's world.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rockstar are miles ahead of everyone else in this regard imo.

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off the top of my head

• Morrowind of course
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Souls games
  • Both Witcher games
  • Grim Fandango (ya'll should play that re-release)
  • Bully
elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

The Witcher series is extremely dense in terms of lore and storytelling. The political struggles of Temeria in The Witcher are almost nearly identical to that of Westeros but I feel the addition of all the monsters and how the story solely focuses on Geralt's plight through all the madness makes it a bit more approachable than the 15+ POV characters in GOT. Also, the world of Mass Effect is basically infinite as it not only includes the Reaper cycle with Shepard, but all the previous ones, along with the one that created the Reapers which could provide countless other stories.

Avatar image for whiteforestparkrangr
WhiteForestParkRangr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised that there's been no mention yet but Metroid Prime's Tallon IV is still pretty high up there for me.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anden4300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• World Of Warcraft
  • Skyrim
  • Mass Effect
Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Red Dead Redemption, Okami, BioShock

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Red Dead Redemption is probably the best I've seen. Graphics, writing, tone, music. Everything comes together for a unique style.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

New Vegas and Mass Effect