What did the Giant Bomb Crew miss?

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#201  Edited By xymox

Tales from the Borderlands. I really don't like anything about Borderlands, but from what little that was shown during the pre-turkey day stream it actually looked kind of cool. Corporate intrigue in space? That sounds great. Would love a longer quick look of it.

Apart from that, I'd say Warlords of Draenor. But that one isn't showing up in results. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that one of the most enjoyable games this year is an expansion, priced almost as high as a full release, and not just any expansion but a well received one - for a 10 year old game.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Games I tried to add but couldn't: Monument Valley, Dead State, ScreenCheat, Qora

What I actually put:

DKC Tropical Freeze (I want to see Dan Ryckert play, since he seems to actually appreciate these games)

Insurgency (Maybe a good Drew game? Niche multiplayer shooter, somewhere between Counter-Strike and ARMA)

Consortium, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My first pick would be Fantasy Life, but I'm guessing they aren't counting it as a 2014 release because it's a re-release of a Japanese game.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - preferably a QL involving Patrick that goes beyond complaining that the game has four way shooting and shows the amazing depth of this game.

Jazzpunk - always can watch more insanity.

Persona Q - thus far uncovered.

Football Manager 2015 - I feel like this game is perfect to make a lot people very angry as they fumble around a hardcore soccer sim.

Just Dance 2015 - green screen ridiculousness with people listening to pop music they hate. Really they just need to play Let It Go.

I've always through they need to look at it....perhaps have Danny on to somewhat make sense of the madness.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was a way to request quick looks of games that didn't get any coverage. Did I misunderstand?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@deathtrap: It's that and is also games that became pretty popular that they may not have covered a lot.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By BisonHero

@deathtrap:

Want to see us revisit a game we Quick Looked earlier in the year? Want to point us at something we might have skipped? Now's your chance. Pick five games and the magic of polls and World Wide Web science will do the rest!

It says that right above the part where you type in the five games you want them to do a bonus end of year Quick Look of.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

@drewbert: Just wanna reiterate that The Banner Saga and Fantasy Life aren't showing up in search. Also, oddly enough, Banner Saga is all 2014 releases and later but still says (2013) when it shows up in the normal search bar.

So at this point I'm assuming this issue won't get resolved until Monday or Tuesday, unless the engineers have no families.

It's a pity, because I'd like somebody to look at Fantasy Life. GB kinda snubbed the 3DS this year, between skipping Kirby Triple Deluxe and Fantasy Life. And I guess we've reached the point where they just don't Quick Look Professor Layton games anymore, since GB didn't cover Layton and the Azran Legacy or Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, both of which came out in North America this year. Was that series always a Ryan Quick Look? I can't remember.

It was kind of a weak 3DS year in general, I guess, aside from Bravely Default and Smash Bros.

Makayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Makayu
  • Nidhogg - I'd love to see the entire team engage in an 8 player Nidhogg tournament.
  • Murasaki Baby - Murasaki Baby looks cool and I have a vita so it'd be cool to see something on that.
  • Shadow of Mordor - Shadow of Mordor is really entertaining to watch and seeing them play more of that would be fun.
  • D4 - Deadly Premonitions is awesome, so I'd love to see D4 covered more.
  • Ace Combat Infinity - I used to be a really big fan of the Ace Combat series so I'd like to see what this release is all about.
mantonminnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I voted for them to try out The Forest's weird co-op mode, I think that'd be a fun watch

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By salarn

Why can't I select:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to just say that I love that there is either a directory or a script on the site that's just "hey".

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Layton games were a Ryan Quick Look.

Also Bravely Default was weak, with the most stereotypical characters ever and making you beat the game 5 times to get a proper ending it's a fucking travesty of a JRPG. Smash Bros on 3DS wasn't that great either but that was mainly due to control problems that aren't anyone's fault.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Music and battle system were sick though. Also, sliders for encounter rate are appreciated.

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was hoping to put Death Skid Marks but its not in the database.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By vitor

Uh, why is The Banner Saga not listed as a 2014 game? Guys?

The game Wiki has the correct date but it's still showing up as 2013. What gives?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By development

I really can't think of anything that wasn't covered that isn't just obscure web-game garbage. I'll let you guys decide.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

can't pick valkyria chronicles even though there's a 2014 release associated with it. would love for more than patrick to see it.

PsychoPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By PsychoPenguin

Added a release page for Wrack because that game could be interesting so I'm waiting for that to be accepted so I can suggest it.

Also listed:

Might and Magic X - I last remember playing that series like 15 years ago and wonder what they've done with it.

Insurgency - I had fun playing the mod like 7 years ago.

Age of Wonders 3 - haven't heard anything about this game

and Rambo: The Video Game because only 2 videos of that hilarious game aren't enough.

Gonna add Banner Saga instead of Rambo whenever that issue gets fixed.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironically enough, games they actually missed-missed and are not in the wiki cannot be entered in the poll thingy.

I would like to nominate "Sentinels of the Multiverse" which started out as an awesome, co-op superhero card game and recently got a great Android/iOS port. It's easily my favorite board/card game of the past few years, and they did a bang-up job with the Android version, though it's only got the original heroes and villains in it so far and none of the expansions. Also, I have not played the iOS version, so dunno.

hoodcommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, December first is approaching and Banner Saga still can't be added.

I'm a bit disappointed :(

hoodcommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By hoodcommando

I think there is no better argument for Banner Saga and South Park: Stick of Truth to be in contention for a second look at other than that they are so over looked they were overlooked by the database too :P

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I can't seem to add Xenonauts...

Not that I particularly liked Xenonauts. I actually didn't play it. But I'm trying to think of games that didn't get much attention from the crew. I've already tossed my Persona Q vote in there. Might and Magic X and DKC Tropical Freeze are in there (that latter one might get more attention than I felt like it would but fuggit I really just want to vote for PQ).

Anyway, I'm mostly making this post because I'm wondering if there are other games that aren't showing up that should be. I looked on the last page and it seems like The Banner Saga isn't showing up either.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured out what the issue was with some 2014 titles not showing up - it's an old pre-release fuzzy date that needs to be updated to 2014 or else the search uses it as the earliest release date. Anyway, I've fixed Banner Saga, Frozen Synapse Prime, South Park: Stick of Truth, and Xenonauts. Any others?

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#224  Edited By subyman

Farming Simulator 15! I'd also like them to revisit Drive Club to see how broken it is.

hoodcommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured out what the issue was with some 2014 titles not showing up - it's an old pre-release fuzzy date that needs to be updated to 2014 or else the search uses it as the earliest release date. Anyway, I've fixed Banner Saga, Frozen Synapse Prime, South Park: Stick of Truth, and Xenonauts. Any others?

Thanks a lot! By now it's probably too late, though. There's no way any of those games are getting enough votes with one week delay.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By BisonHero

@blacklagoon said:

Fantasy Life and Bravely Default still can't be added, though I think it's partially because their original Japanese release date is before 2014?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Yes, that's an entirely different issue. I was talking about games first released in 2014 showing up as 2013 or earlier in search.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: Well, thanks for addressing the one issue. Having the community vote on bonus Quick Looks was a nice gesture, too bad the wiki is ill-suited to this sort of task.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#229 fisk0  Moderator

When it comes to games originally released in other languages earlier but only got their English language release in 2014, there's Everlasting Summer which had it's original Russian release in December 2013, but was released on Steam, translated to English for the first time, two weeks ago.

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly neither The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky or One way heroics are accepted.

Using the GB wiki for this only shows how much the GB wiki is in need of overhaul.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey guys,

I've gone through this whole thread and have been fixing up games that haven't been included based on your feedback. Most games that weren't showing up were due to the game being released previously on other platforms in a previous year. We didn't intend to not include anything. Some games are tricky.

I've added everything I've seen here, and sorry if I missed you somehow. Yell at me directly if a game you are looking for isn't included.

Thanks for reporting guys.

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: one way heroics

Release Date: 28 Feb, 2014 on steam.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ett: Although it was released on Steam in 2014, the game was released on the same platform on November 29, 2013, so it isn't eligible for voting in 2014. It would have been inlcuded for last year's game of the year discussion.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: valkyria chronicles still won't show up but if you can't get it working it doesn't really matter that much i guess

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I require a Microsoft Bob endurance run.

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: steam is a platform. It was enhanced for steam with achievement and other features. It as much as a port as any other.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpooky said:

My first pick would be Fantasy Life, but I'm guessing they aren't counting it as a 2014 release because it's a re-release of a Japanese game.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - preferably a QL involving Patrick that goes beyond complaining that the game has four way shooting and shows the amazing depth of this game.

Jazzpunk - always can watch more insanity.

Persona Q - thus far uncovered.

Football Manager 2015 - I feel like this game is perfect to make a lot people very angry as they fumble around a hardcore soccer sim.

Just Dance 2015 - green screen ridiculousness with people listening to pop music they hate. Really they just need to play Let It Go.

I've always through they need to look at it....perhaps have Danny on to somewhat make sense of the madness.

Nah, I feel like there's a lot to explain to a fresh audience. You're better off training them on Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 or something to let the players get some proper footy theory. Otherwise it just winds up being like that video where Danny just tells Drew what buttons to press and leaves it at that.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By jslack

@ett: It's been updated, try that.

@onimonkii It's been updated, try that.

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: thank you . but i was to late.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By frankxiv
benjo_t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damn, I missed the vote. This is a cool twist on the standard game of the year proceedings though. I'm curious to see what games were selected - it looks like the page is busted right now, it just lists five empty input boxes that read "choose a game".