What did the Giant Bomb Crew miss?

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am unable to add Tengami, even though it came out on the 13th for WiiU, and back in February for iPad.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I voted: Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Far Cry 4, and Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By JesusHammer

The lack of Senran Kagura is disturbing. Then again I might just be choosing mine to torture Jeff and Dan.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have they done any content on the Trials Fusion DLC? Also, I may go with Jackbox Party Pack, purely as with Vinny, Alex, and Patrick back in the office alongside the main office team, that could be potentially awesome.

I like the idea of us being able to vote on games to look at again/first time.

But yes, I hope Party Pack gets votes purely for the crazy things that can be done with everybody there. That or they do it as a Unprofessional Friday again, whichever.

Overbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By Overbite

I'm trying to add Drakengard 3 (May 20th), The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (July 29th), and Tales of Xillia 2 (August 19th) but none of them show up in the search field. Please fix, these are all good games that were ignored this year!

The ones I could add were Theatrythym Final Fantasy Curtain Call and Deception 4.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By hassun
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Hitman Go
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
  • Monument Valley
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Insurgency
  • Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault

@drewbert: These are my picks. The only problem is that the only ones I can select at the moment are TES Online, Hitman Go, Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut and Insurgency.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By 49th

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator

Velvet Sundown

Jazzpunk

Dark Souls 2

Super Smash Bros.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#110  Edited By BulletproofMonk

A Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Quick Look would be pretty dope.

joey2683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought it would be fun to see GTA Online with 30 Giantbomb staff/members. We never got a look at GTA online either. Last years release was broken.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Warehouse and Logistics Simulator is a pretty good troll vote for anyone trying to think of one.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd like them to take another glance at inFamous: Second Son. It's a little lacking in content for an open world game, but I did have a lot of fun with it. And I'll echo what others have said about The Wolf Among Us. It has its low points, but it's got some of my favourite gaming moments of this year.

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By joetom

I mostly just want a Dragon Age Quick Look from people who are actually excited about it.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Fantasy Life
  2. Fantasy Life
  3. Fantasy Life
  4. Fantasy Life
  5. Persona Q

*Note: I can't add Fantasy Life because even though it came out to the states this year the original release was over 2 years ago :(

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#116  Edited By jacksukeru

So...is this for any game we thought they missed covering over the year? Not just award material?

I haven't played, nor will I probably ever play Drakengard 3, but I do want them to quicklook it.

Edit: Oh and it's one of those games that came out in 2013 in Japan, so I can't really vote for it.

koelsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two of the games I'd like are being rejected by the form. Fantasy Life was technically released in 2013, but only in Japan, it's now in the US. Teslagrad was released in Dec 2013 but doesn't have a quicklook either, and some of the releases say 2015. I want to say I saw something on Giantbomb that featured Teslagrad a long time ago but can't find it now.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#118  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Everyone vote for Mario Party Island Tour. And Singstar.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 is the sports sim of the year so that.

Also for laughs at the GB crew tackling it.

I see you.

vasari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

80 Days. If you haven't played 80 Days then god damn do you need to play 80 Days! It's iOS only right now though, unfortunately the android version doesn't come out until next year.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Octodad: Dadliest Catch all the way came out in 2014 (nothing in the releases tab says otherwise) but it's still listed as 2013 for some reason so I can't put it in. They could look at the new shorts or the main stuff and I'd be happy. I put in Broken Age as a substitute just because that's probably going to be my GOTY as it stands now and it only got one QL EX.

I actually think they did a decent job of looking at most of what mattered from this year in some form whether QL, Unfinished, or UPF segment. In fact if you look back, GOTY podcasts maintain a good track record of mentioning most of what mattered and sometimes including games they didn't show off themselves. Sure they could show stuff off again but I'd rather this be more about leaning into what they missed rather than play something they've done before (albeit maybe lightly.) With that said, with how many different answers this is going to get, I wouldn't put too much stock into one game making it over another since the GOTY podcasts will be the main avenue for that.

Overall the only stuff I don't think they looked at at all that they should have were the two Amplitude releases Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless and the two major 3DS releases they missed in Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Fantasy Life. Barring those which I would put first, I think enough people were talking about both Monument Valley earlier in the year and 80 Days lately to warrant a look. My list would be those first four and Octodad as my banner to wave.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

South Park won't show up for me either.

I heard Bayonetta 2 isn't selling well. People need to buy that game for several reasons.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#123  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

So far, I'm planning on nominating A Golden Wake, Jagged Alliance Flashback, Blackwell Epiphany, Fantasy Life, and Lords of Xulima. Golden Wake and Blackwell don't currently show up, but hopefully with some page edits, that will change.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As follows:

• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War
  • Monument Valley
  • Fract OSC

Monument Valley isn't taking at the moment, so I've input 80 Days instead, since that looks potentially interesting.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#125  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

The only games I could even add to that were Age of Wonders 3 and Rogue Shooter.

MURI, Strike Vector and everything else I can think of don't show up in search.

I also wanted to add Battle Worlds: Kronos, but apparently that was released in November 2013.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we all know Goat Simulator is the only real contender for GOTY.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I only voted for Hatsune Miku Diva F, because Jeff loves it, we all know it.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#128  Edited By BlackLagoon

Frozen Synapse Prime doesn't show up. Search seems to think it's a 2013 game even though all the release info on the actual page is for 2014.

Also, shouldn't Warframe be there too? The Xbox One version came out in 2014 after all.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• DKC Tropical Freeze
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • D4
  • Valiant Hearts
  • Transistor
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BisonHero

Basing this poll eligibility on the release data in the wiki is nightmarish. At least it's shining a light on how neglected/inconsistent some of the wiki pages are for some recent games.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this should be for stuff they haven't quick looked before.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great idea. Like it better than the "this game was good" quick looms for previous years

Avatar image for ijkkjcccdkrszyr
ijkkjcccdkrszyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ijkkjcccdkrszyr

@koelsh said:

Teslagrad was released in Dec 2013 but doesn't have a quicklook either, and some of the releases say 2015. I want to say I saw something on Giantbomb that featured Teslagrad a long time ago but can't find it now.

Teslagrad was featured in a worth playing in 2013. The release date for the PC was December 2013, but it released on the Wii U September 11, 2014. I feel like the lateness of the PC release and the actually in 2014 release of the Wii U version should make this game available for this vote.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Kim Kardashian

Flappy Bird

WWE Supercard

Uhhh... Crossy Road

In all seriousness, I'd love to remind them of Valiant Hearts, Luftrausers, Hearthstone, Jazzpunk, and Velvet Sundown.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need an official ruling on D4 at some point.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Natural Doctrine
  • Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects
  • Don Bradman Cricket 14
  • Strider
Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Football Manager 2015
  • WWE SuperCard
Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hurvilo: Oh my fucking god... originally I was somewhat interested in that game (until I forgot about it), due to the fairly nice looking anime art (like the art style, hate what people do with it these days) but that TERRIBLE voice acting (the kind I haven't heard in years), and even worse how cookie-cutter cliche anime characters those are!

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasteland 2 and The Walking Dead season 2

RookTakesPawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

Put in my vote for 80 Days. Don't necessarily need to see a QL but hope it comes up some time during GotY discussions.

jacobgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drewbert: Fantasy Life for the 3DS is doing this. I'm not sure if you guys are not counting it as a 2014 release since it came out in Japan in 2012, but only hit Western shelves this year. But if that counts, it's not working on the form.

This was my second choice before I realized I couldn't add it. Enjoying it a lot, and I bet a lot of others would if they knew it existed.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Wondering if anyone else is running into this bug. Any options I pick for the 2nd and 4th slots are overridden with duplicates of what I put into the 1st and 3rd slots when I hit submit.

bushlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By bushlemon

I can't add Velvet Sundown

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I can't think of anything they didn't quick look already. It seems like people are already doing this wrong, though, so I'm just gonna vote for Dark Souls 2 DLC.

hatumex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. D4! I want this on the overall game of the year list, it's too good.
  2. Lightning Returns, best single player FF game since 10 in my opinion.
  3. Persona Q, really enjoy it so far but I did like Etrian Odyssey IV
  4. Transistor, probably my number 2 GOTY absolutely love this game.
  5. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, No doubt my GOTY 2014. Adored the original and this one is even better. I just want someone on staff to side with Patrick that this game is really really good.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I wish they would take a look at is Dead Island: Epidemic ... I know it's hard to believe, but that game is actually quite fun.

Xavtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There is a bunch of stuff missing, and not just the really obscure stuff. Super Time Force isn't there

Anyway my Stuff.

Eidolon. Survival/Exploration game that feels like Proteus, but with a little more direct storytelling and with light survival mechanics.

Hadean Lands: A Sci Fi text adventure that feels like you are playing a tabletop rpg with the most insane/brilliant gm ever, on pc and ios. Anyone who has mentioned 80 Days here should check this one out, it will blow your mind.

Super Time Force: Nothing much to say, love the mechanics, love the weird emergent puzzle solving that the mechanics inadvertently create. I even don't mind the dumb humour. One of my favourites of the year.

Mount Your Friends: Its great every time they play it on the show and even better in person, perhaps the best "let's have some beers and play multiplayer games" game of all time.

The Sailor's Dream: From Simogo, the people that brought you Year Walk and Device 6, another unique game that plays with presentation in interesting ways and is best to just jump in cold and experience it without context,

TheFridgeGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted:

Don Bradman Cricket

Just Dance 15 (DANCE FOR ME!)

Lethal League (hopefully 4 player)

Smash Bros (I wanna see that 8 player)

Five Nights at Freddy's (hopefully they get Jeff or Dan to play)

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Oh god how could I forget.

NIDHOGG