• 71 results
IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By IcyEyes

Poll What do you want to see played on UPF? (325 votes)

Strange / weird / bad games. 66%
Local multiplayer games. 40%
Online multiplayer games. 13%
Early access / work-in-progress games. 19%
Classic / retro games. 40%
Games their personally passionate about. 59%
Obscure / forgotten games. 58%

I'd also love to hear suggestions for particular games you think they should play.

I'd personally like to see them play more older games that they may have missed or forgot about. Or at least games they really love. No need to try out the latest unfinished crap. Games like:

What other games do you think they might have fun with?

• 
Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anything that isn't an Early Access steam game at this point.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Games they are passionate about and want to show off. The moment I realize a segment is going to be one of them playing a game and everyone else doesn't give a fuck I skip 20 to 30 minutes ahead. The best segments is when they are all involved in whether it is multiplayer or the game in general garners their attention.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Games that at least two of them are knowledgeable about (doesn't apply to multiplayer).

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimipeppr

Gimme the weird.

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Space Station 13

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don Bradman Cricket.

MissAshley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Finished games, please. Every early access Steam game looks and sounds the same to me, or there's just not enough there to be playing it for 30 minutes.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

4-player couch co-op in Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obscure/forgotten games. There's tonnes of games that are incredible but most people don't know about (especially old PC games).

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Dan play UT or Quake yet? Cause i would love to see that.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Less FPS games

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VierasTalo
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would like more retrospective stuff on games from the previous gens.

Them talking about Stranglehold last week was pretty fun, talking about the early days of the last generation.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love when they check out old retro games. Specially ones most people haven't heard of.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just want it to be stuff people are enjoying, some days the negativity/apathy can squeeze all the fun out of a segment.

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without Vinny on UPF... my vote goes with online MP games. Interaction with the community in that would be cool to see.

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tortoise

I don't want to see tetris in any form for about 18 months worth of shows

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Games they picked out more than 30 minutes in advance from Steam?

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Party.

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Levius said:

Mario Party.

That's a sure way to keep me from ever becoming a Premium member again.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The weird, the obscure, and the old. I was super into that time they played Redneck Rampage (even if they did shit all over it), and the FMVinny corner they had going for a while was right up my alley.

Speaking of which, if I may go on a tiny tangent: Y'know... Dan always says he never had a PC growing up. Perhaps something similar to Demo Derby, except with shareware games... now THERE'S a feature I'd love to see.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new format. The "each person plays a game for a segment" has gotten stale.

Krataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Krataur

I generally enjoy the local multiplayer games the most, but I think that's mostly because everyone is forced to be engaged and pay attention. My least favorite segments are usually when Drew or someone is trying to show off a game they like, but the others are off on some tangent, forcing Drew to calmly wait to get a word in (that's why we love him) to bring them back to what he's trying to demonstrate.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPF needs to change, Just don't enjoy it much these days.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A mix of weird and bad games, and multiplayer games. (Although i wish they'd bring something like TNT back)

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Fewer multiplayer games. At this point, they all look identical to me and these sections often go on FAR too long, enough so that I'm not even paying attention anymore. My favorite moments in UPF have either come from Vinny playing completely random games, or the guys taking a look at some retro games I'm not overly familiar with.

More than anything, I feel they just need to mix things up. Right now, most games get played for lengthy stretches, often wearing out their welcomes by the time the segment is over. Also, they often fall into a rut of picking similar types of games (Drew with sims/early access games, Dan with games he finds funny, etc.). The whole thing could use a bit of a refresher.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna be honest, SUPER tired of Early Access games unless they are Darkest Dungeon/Invisible Inc./Crawl/Besiege quality. I'm really bummed how many Unfinisheds are on the site these days (and stealth-inserted into UPF), because 80+% of them are either bad or just kinda boring because there are so few features to show off, and they're not always particularly entertaining.

Or sometimes they just cover crappy Steam games that feel like they're Unfinished, like SickBrick or Majestic Nights.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

A new format. The "each person plays a game for a segment" has gotten stale.

Maybe not replace the format but refine it a little bit, I think part of that is placing more emphasis on the game because:

@krataur said:

My least favorite segments are usually when Drew or someone is trying to show off a game they like, but the others are off on some tangent, forcing Drew to calmly wait to get a word in (that's why we love him) to bring them back to what he's trying to demonstrate.

I think Drew playing a WW1 shooter that is really trying to do something cool is worth talking about and offers plenty of material and questions that can be pointed to whoever is playing at the time, I think everyone trying to be more focused on the game being played is the way to go regardless of them being actually interested in playing it.

IndridCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the Above

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less local multiplayer games. And certainly less of the same games being re-used.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nags said:

@Levius said:

Mario Party.

That's a sure way to keep me from ever becoming a Premium member again.

Ahh, a big Sonic Shuffle fan I see.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should just be Jason and Jeff playing fighting games all the time.

Anything that doesn't make them looked bored to death like is the case 90% of the time.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is great when they play games they love.

Except for Drew. I'm afraid he is nothing more than an astonishing bore.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm not sure how to categorise it, but when they played the X-files FMV game, that's the kind of look I want to see from UPF (the CDI video was fucking immensely good as well so more in that vein also).

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably pretty difficult to find unique games to play every Friday and know that they'll be entertaining. I definitely think multiplayer games are usually a good choice though.

toisul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sick of seeing Steam Early Access games on UPF along with "hey some people told me to check this game out on twitter, so here we go." Because it seems like with either of those two things the rest of the crew completely checks out, and nothing kills the enjoyment of a show more than the people doing the show not giving a fuck.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fewer new games because most of the time it is just the same as the Quick Look and is kinda boring. Especially for FPS games. FPSes are interesting for about 5 minutes and then they become super dull. Doubly so for almost anything early access unless it is actually neat like Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball. Most of the time it just seems to be some generic adventure game or pixel art thing.

To me the older games and retro games are way more interesting. Even stuff from like the PS2/Gamecube era. I quite enjoyed watching them play THUG2 and NBA Street. Both of those were way more fun to watch than any new FPS or linear action game. Same with old PC games. Quake is way more fun to watch than almost any modern FPS.

They need to play some variant of Super Dodgeball. If they insist on playing local multiplayer games they might as well play the best one. If they're playing the NES version they gotta ban Mike though. He's way too good.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved when Vinny used to do all of the weird old FMV and adventure games. I hope they start doing that stuff when GBE gets up and running.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird. I do want some of those early access games to get more exposure through the site, but it feels like UPF is a bad place for them unless it's a multiplayer thing. Maybe it was the bad timing with Paul being on the show, but I was super bummed that when they played Darkest Dungeon pretty much no one payed any attention to it, Brad had only played for an hour so didn't know what was going on, and I think that may be the last we see about the game from GB west (hopefully it'll come up again since Alex is playing).

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Oooooo how long have the checkbox polls been around? Me likey!

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Anything that isn't an Early Access steam game at this point.

Same here, I avoid these whenever possible because I find it ruins the final experience for me.

GnosisLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see them do more games that have been out for a while, but have changed significantly since they were covered on the site. The first thing that comes to mind is Payday 2, which has had a lot of improvements since they did the Quick Look.

Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 also fit that description, but I wouldn't expect anyone to put in the time required to become proficient at those just for a UPF segment.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

all of the above

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By IcyEyes

I really dislike it when they do a community service episode for steam sales. *shutters* I also don't understand why they always make everyone do a segment. I'd like to see a much more organic format. Where they can play a game for as little or as long as they want. Depending on if it's actually entertaining for everyone involved.

@allprox said:

Oooooo how long have the checkbox polls been around? Me likey!

Forever, I think. You just need to tick the "Allow Multiple Choices?" check box on the poll, when you create one.

@belegorm said:

It's weird. I do want some of those early access games to get more exposure through the site, but it feels like UPF is a bad place for them unless it's a multiplayer thing.

That's what unfinished is supposed to be for, but I guess sometimes they want to explore a game deeper and use UPF as an excuse to do so. But I agree that that's a bad place for it. Maybe they could do some kind of impromptu live stream thing for those instead?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Stuff they want to play, which I think is the original idea. So stuff they really like, or obscure/retro games.

What I don't really want is unfinished games, since there's a separate feature for that. And local multiplayer segments just go on too damn long. Unless it's Jeff v. Vinny Windjammers, I don't need an hour of min-esports.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tiamatsword22

I'd probably like to see more weird stuff and less repeats especially of the games they have already played on multiple UPFs ( mainly the local multiplayer ones). I agree with other people saying they need to to change the format in some way. Honestly, I would rather they make Unplugged weekly than UPF at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think UPF is fine. The show has a relaxed pace and carefree attitude that reminds me of when I spend time with my friends. I'd rather they not worry too much about crafting the perfect show and just do whatever they feel like doing.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

All of the above! UPF is great.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose all of them! ALL OF THEM! Personally, I don't pay much attention to the games when they play. I usually find myself listening to their off topic conversations instead. So UPF is kinda like a Bombcast EX for me.