Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Jay444111

@Axxol:

Coming from a person who only calls others idiots no doubt.

Is there any other sites about videogaming out there? because I am sick of the asses on this site, and the dumbasses on gamefaqs. I want people who have intelligence without being assholes a good 99% of the time like you do constantly to every single post I do, either leave me the **** alone or bug someone else, I am getting tired of the moronicness and assholishness of this site. dumber then gamefaqs overall really, espically since the reply button is ALWAYS broken for me for some odd reason.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Jay444111

@AlexW00d:

Because I have an editor. Along with the fact that I have writing programs only affect my book as I write, not all the time, it doesn't work when I post online. besides, I use grammer much better than you do anyway mister, "CAPS LOCKY MC LOCKY PANTS!"

Also, about Mass Effect 2, story should NEVER be told by story alone. This may make no sense to you, but in reality, it is the charactors that should drive a story, NEVER the story itself. MGS does this right, Mass Effect does this right, Portal and half life do this right, and even Left 4 freaking dead does this right.

Without ANY of the charactors there would be no story to go through. it would just be like dragon age 1, a dead form of telling a story through the actions of a man with zero charactor. YOU. In order to tell ANY story, whether interactive or not, it needs charactor, if they're is a great story to be found in a videogame, it must also have great charactor in order to bring that out in the open.

Too bad idiots here wouldn't know Story from storytelling. Thus meaning most people here have very little IQ's.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By bravetoaster
@Jay444111 said:
"

@Axxol:

Is there any other sites about videogaming out there? because I am sick of the asses on this site, and the dumbasses on gamefaqs. I want people who have intelligence without being assholes a good 99% of the time like you do constantly to every single post I do, either leave me the **** alone or bug someone else, I am getting tired of the moronicness and assholishness of this site. dumber then gamefaqs overall really, espically since the reply button is ALWAYS broken for me for some odd reason.

"
How can you even begin to call us dumb when you don't even know the difference between THEN and THAN? You threw any chance of having an intelligent conversation out the window when you decided to flame. You want respect, but you don't give it. You want the dickish responses to cease, yet you post dickish responses. You claim to be a writer and all you've produced is a string crappy of sentences that my sperm could type blindfolded.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#154  Edited By Slaker117
@Jay444111 said:
"Thus meaning most people here have very little IQ's."
This sentence is gloriously ironic. Thank you for it.
chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#155  Edited By chstupid
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#156  Edited By TheGreatGuero

If you really think Modern Warfare 2's is the worst, you've probably only played a handful of games in your life.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By AlexW00d
@Jay444111 said:
"

@AlexW00d:

Because I have an editor. Along with the fact that I have writing programs only affect my book as I write, not all the time, it doesn't work when I post online. besides, I use grammer much better than you do anyway mister, "CAPS LOCKY MC LOCKY PANTS!"

Also, about Mass Effect 2, story should NEVER be told by story alone. This may make no sense to you, but in reality, it is the charactors that should drive a story, NEVER the story itself. MGS does this right, Mass Effect does this right, Portal and half life do this right, and even Left 4 freaking dead does this right.

Without ANY of the charactors there would be no story to go through. it would just be like dragon age 1, a dead form of telling a story through the actions of a man with zero charactor. YOU. In order to tell ANY story, whether interactive or not, it needs charactor, if they're is a great story to be found in a videogame, it must also have great charactor in order to bring that out in the open.

Too bad idiots here wouldn't know Story from storytelling. Thus meaning most people here have very little IQ's.

"
Caps locky mc locky pants? Do you write books for 2 year olds?

"I use grammar much better than you"
Um, are you sure?

I'm not sure what you mean by story should never be told by story alone. That doesn't make an ounce of sense and I can't even begin to work out what you may have meant. All of those game do tell their respective stories well, this you are correct on, but that still doesn't mean they all have good stories. Left 4 Dead doesn't even have a story. It has graffiti on walls you may choose to read, and it has the very occasional character interaction. I don't really see how that equates to a story, but hey.

How can you misspell character so many times?

Lastly, it seems like it is you who cannot not tell the difference between a story and storytelling, no-one else.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#158  Edited By Skald

I feel obligated to say Gears of War 2. That game made absolutely no sense.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#159  Edited By damswedon
@extremeradical: What's not to understand?   
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Skald
@damswedon: Yeah, that's about all I got from that game. Everything before that, and after that, confused the living hell out of me.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Slaker117
@extremeradical:@damswedon:
While I agree that the story is totally ridiculous and stupid, I kind of love it for that. It seems that even the characters knew how nonsensical the events were. It doesn't make the story "good", but I was tons of fun to play through, so I think it served it's purpose.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#162  Edited By melcene

I see why I stayed away from this thread.  It became not so much about stories, but just a thread about games people hate in general.

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#163  Edited By danimal_furry

Twilight.

Edit: Oh GAME stories. Sorry, I thought I was on Screened. Definitely, Super Mario Brothers. Am I to believe that a princess doesn't have any knights and wouldn't scram if a giant demon lizard was heading her way?

anypti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#164  Edited By anypti

any mario game...eh?

Ashen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By Ashen
@Fluxxed said:

" Worthless topic. "

This, I can't believe that someone mentioned Alan Wake in this topic. Man, someone thinks that Alan Wake has the most poorly written story of any game ever.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#166  Edited By Little_Socrates
@Ashen said:
" @Fluxxed said:

" Worthless topic. "

This, I can't believe that someone mentioned Alan Wake in this topic. Man, someone thinks that Alan Wake has the most poorly written story of any game ever. "
Man, someone thinks Deadly Premonition has the worst written story of any game ever!

All posts here are probably trumped by Rogue Warrior, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Dead Space: Ignition.
ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ectoplasma
@Jay444111: I usually would give you a more meaty reply, but your mind is clearly clouded by anger. You should consider contemplating the difference between meaning as text/world as text and actual story. I also agree that Bioshock had a decend story. I further agree that games more often do a decent job at world building, it is the actual writing that is mostly poor. If You don't see that, you're in desperate need of reading more books.
I also want to give you that: Bayonetta had a great story with great writing :).
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Skald
@Slaker117: To it's credit, it did kind of remind me of all the times I used to play with hot wheels and dinosaur toys as a kid. And I mean that favourably.

I mean, that must have been the thought process behind this game. Hail that cuts people to ribbon, Godzilla monsters with guns, worms that eat entire cities. Sure, the story as a whole was confusing and underwhelming, but it still had some crazy set-pieces.
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Sayishere

sonic 06.../shudder

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#170  Edited By monkeyking1969

Take your pick Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, or 4.  All horrible in different ways, all worthless in their own special way.

AlmostApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By AlmostApollo
@MonkeyKing1969: If you really think that then why did you get suckered into playing all three? I don't get it. Personally, I loved all 4.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By DystopiaX
@Jay444111 said:
"

@Axxol:

"
Yeah, but they don't tolerate stupidity and would ban your ass immediately.

@Jay444111 said:
"

@AlexW00d:

"
Call me an idiot, but what you just posted makes no sense. I also appreciate how you assume that you know more about writing and how stories are constructed than anyone here in this thread. I assure you this is false.
"story should never be told by story alone" Makes no sense however you look at it. I think I understand what you're getting at, which is stories must have characters ("Without ANY of the characters there would be no story to go through") Well no shit...couldn't have figured that out myself. But just because the games you mentioned have characters that make a good attempt at having personalities doesn't mean that they're done particularly well, or that the strength of the characters alone are enough to tell the story. (By now I've spelled characters correctly enough times that I hope you learned something).
Story:  a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader;tale
Storytelling: The telling or writing of stories
(taken from dictionary.com)

So no, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Of course there's a difference between the telling of a story and the story itself, yet you make it seem like storytelling, or the way the story unfolds, is somehow terrible, while the actual story (which is conveyed through storytelling, look at the dictionary definition) is somehow supposed to be told without it? I'm sorry, but you can't just use random words from the English language any way you want to to try and prove your point.

Now here's the part where you call me retarded for "not understanding you". You're right, I don't, but I don't think that it's because I have a low IQ, it's because you're a terrible writer and have trouble conveying anything you try to say.

And for the record, my IQ is just short of the Genius range, so I guess you lose.

One more time, it's spelled c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Example1013
@DystopiaX said:
" @Jay444111 said:
"

@Axxol:

"
Yeah, but they don't tolerate stupidity and would ban your ass immediately.

@Jay444111 said:
"

@AlexW00d:

"
Call me an idiot, but what you just posted makes no sense. "story should never be told by story alone" Makes no sense however you look at it. I think I understand what you're getting at, which is stories must have characters ("Without ANY of the characters there would be no story to go through") Well no shit...couldn't have figured that out myself. But just because the games you mentioned have characters that make a good attempt at having personalities doesn't mean that they're done particularly well, or that the strength of the characters alone are enough to tell the story. (By now I've spelled characters correctly enough times that I hope you learned something). Story:  a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader;tale Storytelling: The telling or writing of stories (taken from dictionary.com) So no, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Of course there's a difference between the telling of a story and the story itself, yet you make it seem like storytelling, or the way the story unfolds, is somehow terrible, while the actual story (which is conveyed through storytelling, look at the dictionary definition) is somehow supposed to be told without it? I'm sorry, but you can't just use random words from the English language any way you want to to try and prove your point. Now here's the part where you call me retarded for "not understanding you". You're right, I don't, but I don't think that it's because I have a low IQ, it's because you're a terrible writer and have trouble conveying anything you try to say. And for the record, my IQ is just short of the Genius range, so I guess you lose. One more time, it's spelled c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r "
I feel like somehow we may not all be speaking the same language.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By DystopiaX
@example1013: Yeah dude, he's a writer. We're just too stupid to understand his writing. You know, because he's a professional

I wonder why he chose to lie about that of all things...I mean yeah he could theoretically have an editor but if I were his I'd quit after the first day...no amount of money is worth trying to wade through that shit.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Example1013
@DystopiaX: I literally think he's speaking a different version of English somehow. Like, maybe he's from an alternate universe where the "grammer" rules are different.

It's also possible that he's the most successful troll to ever stop by the GB forums. Think about it. He's had everyone's panties in a bunch for weeks now.

Or maybe he is just that stupid.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By DystopiaX
@example1013 said:
" @DystopiaX: I literally think he's speaking a different version of English somehow. Like, maybe he's from an alternate universe where the "grammer" rules are different.

It's also possible that he's the most successful troll to ever stop by the GB forums. Think about it. He's had everyone's panties in a bunch for weeks now.

Or maybe he is just that stupid.
"
Or the most unsuccessful...he hasn't given up yet but I find his raging highly entertaining. The threats to go to gamefaqs are particularly awesome, since he has to know that no one cares.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Example1013
@DystopiaX: See, if he's not actually raging, though, and just making that shit up to trick you, then I'd argue he's extremely successful.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By DystopiaX
@example1013 said:
" @DystopiaX: See, if he's not actually raging, though, and just making that shit up to trick you, then I'd argue he's extremely successful. "
Would he still be successful if I'm enjoying it?
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Example1013
@DystopiaX: I think the success is in the deception, not on your end. Imagine that the guy who you love to pick on all the time is actually just letting you do that, for the sole purpose of telling you that he tricked you into picking on him. Basically, you'd be playing right into his hand, and that might sour the taste after you'd find out.

I know I hate getting played.
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#180  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@drbendo said:
" @Jay444111:

Your recent reply is, in some ways, even better than the first. Clearly, you tried; you paid more attention to capitalization, and you even went for a parallel structure. This makes your butchering of the language all the better. A cock-up by cock-up reply might be fun, but for the sake of brevity, I'll just let some of your own words speak for themselves. Think of it as a "Corky's Greatest Hits" of sorts. For those on the sidelines, remember: Jay is a "writer".

@Jay444111 said:

ectera.

have you boughten any videogame that even has dailouge in it that isn't pokemon

Every, single, one on this site will agree with me on this.

Also, people like you sicken me, not for the fact that you are a ass.

A story is not just how it is told, or what it is about, it is about the soul of the piece of work that was created, the sweat the tears and the joy all forming together to a single point to create classics such as citizens kane and Bioshock

Ken Levine is a great writer, one of which WILL be known as great as shakespeare of videogames. But it's going to take about 3 more pieces of classic works from him then for him to suicide for you to notice him as a writer huh?

It's going to be an awesome day when bioshock is going to be in museams as a piece of high art of storytelling, I will laugh at you severally. Most likely causing a heart attack for how much I will laugh at your inability to know what is good or bad in videogames, or story overall.

Wow, so the game about good and evil and call bioshock shit? You're quite possibly one of the most saddest human beings I think I have ever argued with

I have won this fight kiddo. (While having massive OCD on spelling.)

I have the internets side on this battle.

There is a difference between arguing and being an ass. One of which you don't seem to realize that I am taking advantage of.

My hat is off, JayStringofNumbers. Your command of the language, as a "writer", has floored me; I will never again wield a pen without feeling the stinging shame that I will never have your wit or rhetorical prowess. You are the Donny Tourette of the forum, and I am but a lowly man with a modicum of education; I sit on the panel across from you and bask in your radiance (If you don't get this, look the boy up.). I can only offer my humblest apologies for besmirching your loquacious glory with my petty notions of literacy and cohesion.

There is, indeed, a difference between arguing and being an ass; however, they are not mutually exclusive. I accomplish both with more of my posts than not. As for your charge of self-absorption, it is a common mistake; I'm really not self-absorbed, I'm just quite arrogant. There is a difference, but it involves nuance, and I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself on it, so I'll not go into detail.

You are simply not a writer of any worth or ability. Nobody with such awful grammar, syntax, organization, and diction could be. A writer needn't always use a formal style, and there is plenty of room within which breaking the rules can be effective. However, a good writer knows which rules they break and why they break them. Without a foundation in what is, literally (There I go, using that word for what it means again.) grade-school grammar, you will never accomplish anything with your writing. You have no business using that label; you are to writers what those cunts who walk the downtown streets with beards and empty guitar cases are to musicians. You prattle on about "soul," "seat," and "tears" because you cannot fathom what actual writing entails. As for Portal, yes, the story is crap. Some bloke spraying his shorts before sex also makes for a crap story. That Wolpaw told his bland story with wonderfully dark wit has no effect on Portal's plot. That Rochester can make premature ejaculation monumentally clever and strangely endearing does nothing to improve the story behind The Imperfect Enjoyment. By no means do I suggest that Portal is anywhere near Wilmot's level; it's damned good, but that's a high fucking bar. However, both examples illustrate the difference between the story and the storytelling. Again, nuance, so mind the sharp edges.In the event that you, as a "writer", ever post any of your work online, I implore you, please send me a link. Nobody of your level could write anything that isn't hilarious. I realize that my general dickishness may cause you to think that I'm just trying to insult you, but this is not true. The insult is merely a byproduct. "
This post was like so many of my childhood dreams rolled into one, stuffed into a barrel made of sunshine, wrapped with a rainbow, eaten and subsequently shat out by a Unicorn and then autographed by George Lucas, Tolkien, Abraham Lincoln and the guys from Monty Python. Thank you sir. I have been to the mountaintop (Jay444111, as a faux-writer, has no idea what that line is from). Godspeed.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#181  Edited By FesteringNeon

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#182  Edited By Enigma777

Modern Warfare 2. It's like it was trying to go out of it's way to insult my intelligence.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Example1013
@Enigma777: The story may not have been great, but I feel like the writing wasn't half-bad.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Enigma777
@example1013 said:
" @Enigma777: The story may not have been great, but I feel like the writing wasn't half-bad. "
The dialogue was your run-of-the-mill military stuff. However every single explanation was complete crap.

What, Russia can't afford face recognition software to figure out who was actually shooting all those civilians? There's a ton of security camera footage (that was even shown in the game!) and they can't use it to figure out who the guy mowing down people left and right is? I mean for fuck's sake the americans used the same footage to identify a goddamn bullet shell casing and I'm honestly expected to believe that the Russians couldn't even make out Makarov's face?! Instead they blame some nobody CIA agent that was found shot in the head and launch a suicide invasion over it. Brilliant!

Then there's the nuke exploding over Washington and making an EMP. Since when the hell do nukes have a feature where they can explode in mid-flight? Furthermore how the hell did he laucnh the nuke in the first place? You need some goddamn launch codes to launch a nuke and I'm pretty sure Price didn't find them laying around. Plus the launch switch is designed to require at least two people to turn their keys simultaneously so there's no way he could have done it by himself.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Example1013
@Enigma777: At least the plot holes weren't as big as a supermassive black hole.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Slaker117
@Enigma777: I agree that it was downright stupid at times, but I felt like it kept me engaged and I had fun doing all the crazy stuff in the moment. As soon as I put the controller down and thought about what happened it all fell apart, but it was one hell of a ride while it lasted.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Example1013
@Enigma777: The story was written well enough for me to become invested at least in Soap and Price. That's more than some games have accomplished.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Enigma777
@Slaker117 said:
" @Enigma777: I agree that it was downright stupid at times, but I felt like it kept me engaged and I had fun doing all the crazy stuff in the moment. As soon as I put the controller down and thought about what happened it all fell apart, but it was one hell of a ride while it lasted. "
I do agree that in terms of gameplay, it was very fun and has some great set pieces. However I still can't forgive it for that abortion of a story.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Slaker117
@Enigma777: Fair enough, but I, personally, still came away very much attached to Soap and Price. I kind of don't care that the rest of it was just tasty garbage at best, I'm just sad that IW doesn't really exist anymore and we'll probably never see a proper send off for those characters.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Yakuza 3:The scenes with the kids were the only good part of the story.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191  Edited By vidiot
@Enigma777 said:

" @example1013 said:

" @Enigma777: The story may not have been great, but I feel like the writing wasn't half-bad. "
The dialogue was your run-of-the-mill military stuff. However every single explanation was complete crap. What, Russia can't afford face recognition software to figure out who was actually shooting all those civilians? There's a ton of security camera footage (that was even shown in the game!) and they can't use it to figure out who the guy mowing down people left and right is? I mean for fuck's sake the americans used the same footage to identify a goddamn bullet shell casing and I'm honestly expected to believe that the Russians couldn't even make out Makarov's face?! Instead they blame some nobody CIA agent that was found shot in the head and launch a suicide invasion over it. Brilliant!
I'm sorry, that was answered during the beginning of the mission. Makarov clearly tells his terrorists counter-parts to not speak Russian. Everyone knows that all facial recognition technology, and the subsequent manner in which our frontal-lobes dictate perception and operate, are all clearly geared to listening and deciphering vocal sources.
For example: I shoplift at a local convenience store all the time, but because I speak in tongues out-loud while committing the robbery, I am virtually undetected. Like a ghost.

@example1013 said:

" @Enigma777: The story was written well enough for me to become invested at least in Soap and Price. That's more than some games have accomplished. "

I've played the game several times, gotten all the intel, and completed the campaign on veteran:
Was Soap the bad-ass cardboard cut-out with the ski-mask, or was Soap the bad-ass cardboard cut-out with the mohawk? Because of the lack of any-form of characterization within the writing, outside of their visual appearance, all the characters kinda bleed together into one angry military dude.
Granted, it was better than Killzone 2's: "This is the dude who makes unfunny fart jokes, and opens doors for you", but to sit and listen to a bunch of over-the-top heavy-handed speeches about "protecting history" against an evil general that sounds like his intentions were lifted from Dr. Strangelove...

No. It's not well written, but that's all-right.
It's a really fun game. The singleplayer levels are really intense, and the amount of complexity in some of the sequences are some of the best to be seen in the genre. The game is at it's best when nobody is talking, and you gotta a ton of dudes to shoot.

You can still really enjoy MW2's singleplayer campaign...
...Just remember to put it on mute whenever anyone talks, and attempts to disseminate any-form of narrative information...
Why was the extraction point, on the other-end of this cliff we hand to commandeer snowmobiles to get to?
Who cares! YAY!SNOWMOBILES!*pew*pew*pew*pew*
PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#192  Edited By PixelPrinny
*Walks into the conversation ready to talk about old, poorly written RPGs*

*Sees the OPs opinion of "Worst Story Evar" is MW2*

*Turns around and walks out*
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By valrog

This thread amuses me.

Paulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Paulus

What the hell is up with jay44874518974518945's hate for the pokemon games?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#195  Edited By Cincaid

MGS franchise, hands down. A monkey could write better dialog and story.

thecablekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#196  Edited By thecablekid

Lost Planet has always been the most comical and terrible stories I have ever seen.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Jay444111
@CrazyChris said:
"

MGS franchise, hands down. A monkey could write better dialog and story.

"

To be quite honest, MGS is much more well written then anything george lucas has ever produced. seriously, at least hideo kojima knows what charactor and how not to retcon everything. Hell, even Kojima is somewhat better than even stephen king just for the fact that hideo knows how to actually end something.

All imo of course. but I am guessing about 100 trolls will flame me for saying this.

Again, why do people hate Hideo again? because he was able to do what you never will? That is what I have gathered anyway.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Slaker117
@Jay444111 said:
"Hell, even Kojima is somewhat better than even stephen king just for the fact that hideo knows how to actually end something."
He should have put a bullet in Snake's head. Everything wrapped up at the end of MSG4, but the ending was easily my least favorite part. The story was neat overall, completely insane and divorced from any sense of reality, but neat, yet after going through so much shit, things worked out too nicely. No one besides Snake had to give anything up. They had there cake and ate it too, which is bullshit. Also, this is the storytelling, not the actual story, but the dialogue is pretty unbearable at times.
Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Contro

Vanquish.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By HandsomeDead

From what I can tell in this thread is that if a game has no story whatsoever, most gamers will be fine but the second one tries to have a story, they pick out the tiniest flaws and expect them to all work on the same logic patterns regardless of genre. And to all the people complaining about the No Russian sequence, do you not take into account the idea that it's both a setup by Shepherd and takes place in a hyper militarized country while you're contemplating what video cameras would have seen and how NATO would respond.