Which Giant Bomb Crew Member do you agree with most on videogames?

• 117 results
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

My knee jerk reaction is Jason based on some of the weeaboo shit that I play every once in a while. But, and I'll probably have to go though some Quick Looks and Bombcasts to confirm this, but my taste seems to be more aligned with Brad and Ryan.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By veektarius

None of them are the most into the games that I am the most into (Total War, Diablo, SRPGs) but when it comes to games that are a little less of a surefire thing for me, Jeff's seal of approval means the most on whether I'll try something out. His disapproval means nothing to me, however. Dan's seal of approval means the least.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Vinny, for sure. Also Dan.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Vinny! He seems to be a very story, character, emotion and atmosphere focused guy, and everytime he describes a game or a love for a franchise I nod my head in complete agreement

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By Panfoot

Alex, I don't care about sports games one bit but I like a lot of the same indie games he ends up liking and I really appreciate his non-jokey serious attempts at playing stuff like American Truck Simulator(which while I haven't played that one at all, I get the same kind of thing out of it Alex did when I boot up Train Simulator every once in a blue moon). Vinny second for much of the same reasons, I find I can forgive a game for lackluster mechanics if it does other interesting/unique things.

Can't say I find much of Nintendo's stuff that interesting so I don't have that much in common with Dan, I absolutely despise a lot of the games Brad likes(specifically Dota 2 and Destiny), and I find the games Jeff loves are just "okay" for me and I like a good bit of stuff he hates. Some minor crossover with Jason but I just don't like fighting games(outside of playing through the story in stuff like MK), don't really have a big feel for Ben and Abby yet.

Though the stuff I tend to me more interested in, mainly horror games, just doesn't get a lot of due on the site really. We get some discussion about the big ones when they come out every once in a while, like RE7, but not much else.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By Darth_Navster

I think I mentioned this in a previous thread, but I feel like I vibe with quite a few of the staff in my gaming preferences. Jeff is ride or die for Forza and shooters like Titanfall, so I'm with him on that. I groove with Vinny in my love of narrative heavy and weird games. With Alex, I appreciate his knowledge of sports games. And I've totally gone down rabbit holes with Overwatch and Stardew Valley just like Dan.

I can't say I'm all that in sync with Brad, although his championing of Banjo-Kazooie: N&B early in the site's life has forever endeared me to him. Jason can get a bit obscure with his love of Japanese-ass Japan games, but I vibe with him being a Vita-stan. Ben and Abby are still new, but for the most part I like what they have to say about games.

And of course there's Rorie. Him being attached to Alpha Protocol (AKA the GOAT) and his love of puppies makes him the real talk best duder. NO ONE DENIES THIS!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I don't really perceive of my "relationship" to the bomb crew (or any other humans!) in this way really.

I agree and disagree on different points about any 1 game with all of them. I can't think of one person at all who is "closest to me". For X game, it might be that Jeff is closest to me, for example, in his reaction to the tone of the game, but Brad is closer to me in his reaction to its difficulty.

For background, I am a generalist and so have a wide taste in genres. I could see someone who prefers fewer genres or is really an addict to one (i.e. mostly play adventure games, or only dota) feel closer to a single staff member.

I have to make a brief note about Ryan Davis. The way he funned around with words, that was something I really identified with. Peace & love man.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Alex's top 10 list each year aligns very much with mine a lot of the time so I'd have to say him first. I also like that Vinny covers a lot of the more artsy/niche games (and I've always been an adventure game fan). I'd also have to go with Jason for the Anime / Monster Hunter type games. I trust the other's opinions but often they aren't interested in the same stuff as I am and I don't really buy FPSs anymore.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Probably Ben because of his like of Fallout games, possibly Vinny too because of adventure, sci-fi and more story driven stuff. Use to be Patrick though. Definitely not Jeff, Rorie, Dan or Jason.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#111  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think that they all add something to the mix. I love Jeff's perspective on the whole industry - he is a gem. I think Austin and Alex are closest to my interesting in individual games. I loved Drew's passion of aircraft and weird puzzle types games. Don't tell him - I think Dan's written reviews are all quite good - he is good at rendering a game's attributes into simple language. Dan the writer is a far more thoughtful "idea presenter" than Dan the 'off the cuff" speaker. And, Ryan Davis was a master of finding that funny twist on anything with his quick wit, Jeff complimented Ryan and Ryan complemented Jeff - Wonder-Twin Powers Activate!!

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Vinny has near identical taste in games to me. Vinny is the best. Then Dan.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Alex for sports games, the only thing I miss about console gaming. Rorie for his enjoyment of "pc-ass pc games" and his work on New Vegas, one of the greatest games I've played.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By Dray2k

Listed from most agreed upon to least.

1. Vinny

2. Rorie

3. Jason

4. Jeff

5. Brad

6. Dan

7. Alex

Kinda difficult to value "taste" but thats the list I'm most confortable with.

Right now I can't say anything about Ben and Abby I want to look into their GOTY lists first. Judging on Bens reviews the stuff he enjoys he might be closer to what I enjoy compared to lets say Brad or even Jeff. I just have to wait and see.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115  Edited By Paliv

@alex: I totally missed this comment. I spaced on being grateful for your attempts to at least get some words in edgewise on sports titles. I definitely appreciate your take on sports titles. The total dismissal by everyone else clearly lingers in my mind. Also, now remember I always await the Alex take on a Civ game.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By mikewhy

Definitely Vinny, Alex and Jeff. The biggest thing got me though is keeping track on their thoughts of a game for a couple of weeks after.

So often a game will be so hot on release but by next week the honeymoon is over. Like Let It Die, Echo, or Prey.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By shiro2809

I'd probably say I agree w/ Jeff the most. Not in taste of games, but anytime he brings up something about a game, negative or not, I can mostly always agree with it. It just depends if I'm bothered as much by it as he is.

For gaming tastes? I'd probably be a mix of Vinny and Alex. Willing to play just about everything, but a lot of things Alex likes/loves I do too, sans music games. Not nearly as passionate about those as he is. I share Dan's outright love of MGS too, but that may be for differing reasons...

edit: Actually, maybe not Alex. He's all for the sports games and a few others I'm just indifferent. Hrm. Maybe Jason instead, despite never playing a MH game? I wish they'd let Jason talk more about Monster Hunter and the like on the podcast. I love me some anime games.

RosesAreDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Brad, I don't always like the same games as him, but we tend to see games the same way and appreciate the same things. Within the first two minutes of the Hellblade quicklook I knew I would love it, and it was because of how excited Brad was about it.

heathhuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By heathhuston

Vinny is the only one to finish Witcher 3 and seems to appreciate story focused games the most. I think agree with Jeff the most about general life stuff though.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Of the current staff, Vinny and Dan. Of former staff, Drew and Dave. I used to play a lot of the same stuff as Brad but now I don't really anymore (nothing competitive for me anymore except Splatoon 2, which is only competitive under the loosest definition of competitive).

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By BaneFireLord

Back when he was still here, Austin was probably the closest to my tastes, as was Dave way back in the day. None of the main crew are any closer to my tastes than any other. I probably disagree with Jeff and Dan the most, but we're not constantly at odds or anything.