Which May / June release are you looking forward to most?

• 75 results
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which May / June release are you looking forward to most? (351 votes)

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remastered 1%
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 59%
Destiny: The House of Wolves DLC 3%
Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 2%
The Elder Scrolls Online 1%
Batman: Arkham Knight 21%
I'm looking forward to a May / June release that isn't listed 8%
I'm not looking forward to any games in May or June 11%

There are some big titles coming out soon, so I thought this might be an interesting poll. I'd say The Witcher 3 has to be my choice. I've also heard that The Elder Scrolls has improved a lot, but I'll definitely be waiting for reviews on that one.

• 
NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Even though I'm a huge Batman fan and loved the other Arkham games i gotta go with The Witcher 3.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2 BeachThunder  Online

Super Hot is coming out in June, right?

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman is a close 2nd, but goddamn I'm looking forward to the Witcher 3.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's Witcher 3 and HoW for me out of these, but you can't forget about the Dragon Age DLC either. Blessed month.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not any games but i am looking for mgs4 coming after e3?

only on giantbomb.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It's depressing to me that there's no original IP and we're including re releases and DLC as new games

Witcher 3 and batman are only new games for me, intrigued by both

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only game I'm looking forward to is Giantbomb versus the Electronic Three.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

To be honest I'm skeptical about batman. I loved the first two games but I kinda dislike some of the other games in this style I.e. Shadow of mordor so i dunno

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Arkham Knight is the game I'm looking forward to most, though I probably feel most hype for The Witcher 3 since it's just over a week away.

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman > Splatoon > Witcher

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After really enjoying the past hour playing Splatoon, my hype for that game is really beginning to increase. It's a load of fun, and while the immediate impression might be that the roller is OP, from the couple of hours I've played so far weapon balance actually seems pretty good. Not sold on the charge/sniper rifle, though.

jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please update the list to include Splatoon. Cause that's my game for the month!

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By snakeitachi

Batman for me isn't innovating enough this year to get me excited for it. The faces for Robin, Nightwing, and cat women look lifeless, and plastic it just creeps me out. Witcher 3 gets my vote because I need a new open word RPG after the joke that was DA:I

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Only Batman, and even then I'm not frothing at the mouth or anything. This will be the first one of them that I'll actually be getting close to release. MGSV is the only other big release this year that has my attention currently.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ezekiel

@meatball said:

Arkham Knight is the game I'm looking forward to most, though I probably feel most hype for The Witcher 3 since it's just over a week away.

I think I feel the same. But I'm not as excited for TW3 as I was last year.
@snakeitachi said:

Batman for me isn't innovating enough this year to get me excited for it. The faces for Robin, Nightwing, and cat women look lifeless, and plastic it just creeps me out. Witcher 3 gets my vote because I need a new open word RPG after the joke that was DA:I

I think the faces look fine. I'm more bothered by Batman's disproportionate head. I didn't like the character designs in the old games. They looked too cartoony, which didn't mesh with the realistic graphics. The men had huge muscular bodies. Those are still in this new game, but less so. I think that Catwoman's new face is much more attractive and that she looks less silly without her chest so exposed.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Most excited for Witcher, partially because it's Witcher, partially because my current internet is ass and I don't have a PS4 fightstick yet so I can't properly enjoy USFIV.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

The Witcher 3 is the only one of those I care about at all, so that, by default.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While whenever get to playing it I'll probably like the witcher 3 a lot, splatoon I'll probably actually end up playing a lot sooner

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

How on earth did you miss listing FFXIV Heavensward? That's going to be huge!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Yup, those ratios of interest seem pretty indicative of the mood.

I think Bat-man stumbled in the last game and is suffering for that now. There was a lot of bad blood with how DLC was handled, speicafilly how missions were cut out to be sold. Truthfully, I think people are burned out too.

My thinking is that as soon as Warner Bros. Interactive saw that Rocksteady has made a hit they should have been on the phone with DC making a strategy to create more DC character games. I don't mean rush out and make these games - I mean STRATEGIZE. Sit down and really think about games and these stable of characters and look at what went wrong with past games. Maybe, out of that thinking take the two most solid ideas, say Green Arrow and Super Girl and make games using them.

That pattern should have been to put other games in between the Batman games. That way those games get time off for fans to want them, but also we see more games with interesting and different mechanics.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Batman as I hope it is another enjoyable iteration in that franchise, also hope it is the last for a long while. I really enjoyed Origins when I played it last year and would like more of that style of game.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ry_Ry

I'm only hyped for Halo and MGS, but Im still busy with Bloodborne

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjm494 said:

Please update the list to include Splatoon. Cause that's my game for the month!

Haha, yeah, it's kind of crazy two HD re-releases are on this list but Splatoon isn't. :P

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

PC release of Axiom Verge. I'm quite sure that my PC isn't really up to The Witcher 3.

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think Batman. Arkham Asylum is probably one of my favorite games of all time. And even though I think Arkham City wasn't as good, (which I realize is not the popular opinion) I'm still interested to see what they do with Arkham Knight.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose Witcher 3, but looking forward to House of Wolves, Batman, aaaaand PGA Tour Golf!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Jeust

I'm looking forward to Persona 5. When is it coming out?

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ezekiel

@monkeyking1969 said:

I think Bat-man stumbled in the last game and is suffering for that now. There was a lot of bad blood with how DLC was handled, speicafilly how missions were cut out to be sold. Truthfully, I think people are burned out too.

My thinking is that as soon as Warner Bros. Interactive saw that Rocksteady has made a hit they should have been on the phone with DC making a strategy to create more DC character games. I don't mean rush out and make these games - I mean STRATEGIZE. Sit down and really think about games and these stable of characters and look at what went wrong with past games. Maybe, out of that thinking take the two most solid ideas, say Green Arrow and Super Girl and make games using them.

That pattern should have been to put other games in between the Batman games. That way those games get time off for fans to want them, but also we see more games with interesting and different mechanics.

I only like Batman. He's the most popular superhero, so it makes sense to keep making games about him. A game about Green Arrow or Supergirl with Batman's budget would fail. I hope for their next game they're allowed to do something original. Or a Matrix game. But I kind of doubt The Matrix is still that profitable for Warner Bros.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me its definitely Batman and then the Witcher.

melodiousj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By melodiousj

I wasn't overly hyped for Splatoon, but the beta really won me over.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher Witcher

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Splatoon and Yoshi's Wolly World both look god damn amazing!

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D4 on PC

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, for sure. I really enjoyed the previous two games and don't have much interest in any of the other releases listed, especially that Destiny DLC.

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy 14: Heavensward!!!

And maybe The Witcher 3...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeust said:

Probably not May or June.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely The Witcher 3. FFXIV: Heavansward would be second, but I may lose access to my internet before then, so that would kinda put a kink in those plans.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

@monkeyking1969 said:

I only like Batman. He's the most popular superhero, so it makes sense to keep making games about him. A game about Green Arrow or Supergirl with Batman's budget would fail. I hope for their next game they're allowed to do something original. Or a Matrix game. But I kind of doubt The Matrix is still that profitable for Warner Bros.

Yeah, I also don't need Warner to make more DC-oriented video games. The stable of characters just don't have the familiarity within the public consciousness that Marvel characters do.

While we're at it, I also kinda hate superhero crossovers in general, up to and including the overall DC and Marvel universes (I preferred the singular Marvel movies to the Avengers). I much prefer storylines with a single superhero, because having too many of them side by side leads to stupid dick-waving contests where certain heroes would render other heroes obsolete unless super contrived reasons are introduced into the series. So I'm fine with Robin and Nightwing in the Arkham games because those characters have their origins with the Batman line of comics, but if they start bringing in too much Green Arrow/Wonder Woman bullshit, then I am done with the Arkham series.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By joshwent

@ezekiel said:
@monkeyking1969 said:

You also have to take it in context of other superhero games. After over a decade of yawn inducing games that only made money based on the success of the movie they were tied to, I'm sure WB was a shocked as anyone else that Arkham Asylum caused as huge of a sea change as it did.

And if that were the case, they'd want to treat that series delicately, and not tarnish its reputation with some other DC titles that reminded folks that most superhero games just don't really work.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jeust said:

Probably not May or June.

Maybe Halloween then.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Splatoon or Witcher 3 for me.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Witcher 3. I've been looking forward to this game for years now.

I'll also play Batman, but probably not at launch.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I mean... the Witcher 3 is the only video game on that list....

I guess some people like those Batman games too.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ezekiel

@bisonhero said:

@ezekiel said:

@monkeyking1969 said:

Yeah, I also don't need Warner to make more DC-oriented video games. The stable of characters just don't have the familiarity within the public consciousness that Marvel characters do.

While we're at it, I also kinda hate superhero crossovers in general, up to and including the overall DC and Marvel universes (I preferred the singular Marvel movies to the Avengers). I much prefer storylines with a single superhero, because having too many of them side by side leads to stupid dick-waving contests where certain heroes would render other heroes obsolete unless super contrived reasons are introduced into the series. So I'm fine with Robin and Nightwing in the Arkham games because those characters have their origins with the Batman line of comics, but if they start bringing in too much Green Arrow/Wonder Woman bullshit, then I am done with the Arkham series.

I agree. I don't like having all that craziness mixed into one. That's why I dislike the Justice League and the upcoming Batman vs Superman. I find Batman less believable if I also have to accept all this outer space stuff from Superman. Why is Batman protecting Gotham from supervillains if Superman has the power to protect the whole world? If Gotham is so crime infested, why doesn't Superman do anything? The two have different tones. It makes the world of Batman seem less grounded and dark and it devalues Batman's struggle. But I doubt Rocksteady will do that. They're too cool for that. WB, though...

When I said this on another forum, someone showed me this:

Loading Video...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@joshwent said:
@ezekiel said:
@monkeyking1969 said:

You also have to take it in context of other superhero games. After over a decade of yawn inducing games that only made money based on the success of the movie they were tied to, I'm sure WB was a shocked as anyone else that Arkham Asylum caused as huge of a sea change as it did.

And if that were the case, they'd want to treat that series delicately, and not tarnish its reputation with some other DC titles that reminded folks that most superhero games just don't really work.

All games we play are somehow super hero games, except for a very rare few. I think the issue with super hero games in teh past, Aquaman, Superman, Cat Woman...the list goes on is they were very straight forward with the material...slavishly so.

People respond to good gameplay. That is really it. The PS2 Spider-Man games were not even 1/10 as deep or as varied about Peter Parker vs Spider-Man as any given comic. Neversoft just made a good game with what Spider-man was, that was it. The current crop of Rocksteady Batman games are just good games, they even have some weird flaws, but since it plays pretty well the rest of what Bat-man is or isn't falls away.

If you have a compelling character, which DC does in spades, a game can be made that is fun or engaging with that character. In some cases innovative gam play is needed to be created from whole cloth, in other you can riff on the gameplay people like or enjoy in other games. Like I said nearly every story based game we play is a "super hero" story at its heart. Make a good game, and people will like it and accpet it; just as long is it tangentially fits to the character in some facet they will accept it. Ninety percent of who Batman is, what he does, and how he works is not even in a Rocksteady game; However, it plays well enough,it is reminiscent of some aspects of Batman, so it is accepted.

At this point just putting out another Batman games IS TARNISHING what they have, forget about fear of Aquaman doing it, Batman is making people tired of Batman now. They need another game to distract people while the need for another Batman game builds. I think we are in the era of diminishing returns on the franchise if they keep trotting one out every 18 months with Warner cracking the whip.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zella

Batman, Witcher, House of Wolves, USFIV PS4. In that order. I liked Witcher 2 but not as much as most seemed to, and 3 looks great but Arkham Knight looks even better to me.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the list Witcher 3, but I don't plan on getting it at launch. D4 on PC is probably what I'm looking forward to the most.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J-Stars.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The PC version of Axiom Verge, followed by Witcher 3. I may or may not play Batman.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#50 riostarwind  Moderator

Going over the list of 6 games that are on my list I guess Batman Arkham Knight is at the top currently. Splatoon is a close second after how much fun I had playing the demo last night.