Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By Sooperspy
@Eric_Buck said:
" Tony Hawk's Underground was one of my favourite games. From UG2 onwards they have disappointed me.  "
fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By fazzle

Also I'd just like to say that everyone in this thread claiming THPS2 as the best game in the series obviously hasn't tried to play that game in a long time.  It was amazing at the time, but it's almost unplayable now without the revert.  There is absolutely NO balance in the gameplay, no reason to ever hit a ramp.  ever.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By MysteriousBob

What assholes voted 2 and 3? I only included those to have a complete list, they weren't serious options.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Project 8 at least tried to take things back to basics. I always thought Underground was the one that led to the currrent state of things, but it was probably American Wasteland. Underground isn't that bad on reflection...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#55  Edited By Yummylee
@MysteriousBob said:
" What assholes voted 2 and 3? I only included those to have a complete list, they weren't serious options. "
Every option on a POLL here is always bound to get at least one vote, no matter how ridiculous it is. If you put Tony Hawk's Pro Skater up there that'd probably have itself a vote as well @.@
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By blackbird415

somewhere in the range of underground to proving ground. I actually enjoyed underground and american wasteland but others definitly different.

I did know that tony hawk was losing it when underground came out. I saw they weren't being given enough time to flesh out new ideas

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By JTB123

Underground 2 for me, the first THUG is my personal favourite out of the series. The level design was simply amazing, being able to combo an entire level using all 3 mechanics was really awesome.

THUG 2 completely killed the series for me, it was incredibly easy, even on the hardest mode. The leve design is terrible and it was more a jackass game than a Tony Hawk game.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By NickLott

I loved 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast. 3 was more of the same but since I was playing on a new generation of hardware (Gamecube in my case), it got a pass. When 4 came around I was pretty much done. 

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By angelfan91

I believe you jumped a shark in Skate 3 :)
GradiusCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GradiusCat

I think in THUG 2 one of the goals was to jump a shark....so boom there you go.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By masternater27

Underground 2.  THUG was a nice change of pace, THUG 2, was mediocre imo.  I stopped buying Hawk games after the first THUG, and have not been upset by that at all haha.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By grilledcheez
@GlenTennis said:
" Anything post 4. "
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By iam3green

american waste land was the game that didn't make it. it was just weird the way they made the game turn out. underground 2 was the turning point. it went jackass way. it was fun but they went to what was popular at the time. jackass and bam margera was popular so that's what they turned it out to be.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#64  Edited By Siphillis

Definitely American Wasteland, but I am tempted to vote for RIDE.  It's that bad.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65  Edited By crusader8463

The demo for the first one.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By Faint

THPS 1 - 4 <- Fantastic, Underground 1, 2 <- Good, Wasteland <- Okay...

I picked Underground, not because it was a terrible game but it's where the downward slope started where the games just became progressively worse after.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Vextroid

Underground 2. 
LOVED 1,2,3 and THUG (neer really got a chance to play 4) THAW was ok, P8 was a good return to form-esqe never played PG.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Skytylz

THUG was the beginning of the end.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vextroid
@HandsomeDead said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" I have a question. How many people here can actually tell me what new gameplay features each TH instalment introduced just from memory? "
THPS2: Manual THPS3: RevertTHPS4: Spine (drop?) THUG: CavemanTHUG 2: I don't think it introduced anything. THAW: No idea, didn't play.THP8: Those slow motion tricks where you controlled the feet of your guy with the analogue sticks. THPG: No idea, didn't play. THR: The skateboard you stand on. THS: Guys pop up and say rad things when you finish a stage. "

THPS4 had the Spine Transfer IIRC, THUG2 had the Natas Spin I think and the bail-rage meter, THAW included BMX'ing and PG introduced the Force Push were 3 successfully timed pushes gave you a boost or something like that.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I think it was anything past American Wasteland. AW was bat shit crazy, and even though I enjoyed it that is definitely where it felt like the quality was steadily decreasing.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By alexl86

I think Proving Ground was the point in the series where it became blatantly obvious to the public that Activision didn't care anymore. In Project 8 there had been some attempt at innovation, but Proving Ground had too many obvious technical issues.

Also, wasn't there a Tony Hawk game where you could literally jump a shark?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e
deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Skate 3 is the game where you jump over a shark. :D

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I thought Underground 1 was awesome as well as everything before it, started to lose interest around Underground 2

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#75  Edited By beargirl1
@iam3green said:
" american waste land was the game that didn't make it. it was just weird the way they made the game turn out. underground 2 was the turning point. it went jackass way. it was fun but they went to what was popular at the time. jackass and bam margera was popular so that's what they turned it out to be. "
this!
Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By Jambones

Going to say for, for the exact reasons as you, @MysteriousBob: just no interest after 4, but when I look back, Pro Skater 2 might have been the true jumping off point.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@FourWude said:
" Underground went the route of Jackass culture and the series never recovered. Project 8 was an OK return to some form, but it was only a blip in a downward spiral. "
All of this^^ I fucking hate Jackass.