Why does my annual subscription come with advertisements?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#251  Edited By mikemcn

Calm down, it is an ad and they should remove it for us, but its tiny and easily ignored, plus it relates a little more directly to GB than most ads, so whatever.

Edit:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Buzzkill said:

@Chop said:

I just feel like pointing out that, besides the TC, everyone against the advertisement are coming off far better than the WM defenders. Yes, ads are a petty thing to complain about, but you people who feel the need to defend the staff so fiercely are making the whole place look a hell of a lot more awful than a single ad.

I entirely agree, which is why I'm not responding to the majority of the comments here.

Edit: the irony will be how many of those "blind defenders" take giantbomb up on the offer to refund them, because it looks like giantbomb is taking the route of leaving the ad up, and having to deal with false advertising claims. The end result could very well be they are forced to send each and every giantbomb annual subscriber a letter explaining the situation, the mistake they made and how it broke the law, along with an apology and offer to refund that member if they don't agree with the policy even if the member didn't even know what was going on. Even if a subscriber doesn't care about ads, but was feeling let down by the service, this would give them a way out because of the advertising blunder. I don't blame them for taking the weekend to think about it.

Wow, you really are deranged.

Yea, i'd have to agree, Buzz, your out of your mind.