Worst game file save you lost?

Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#201  Edited By Frostler

Roller coaster tycoon 3 save that I lost after I'd already filled up a whole park and it was my best by far.

Masfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Masfo

Progress Quest crapped out on me. I was LVL 84, rank #50 out of 90 000 players. Then as I was getting LVL 85 something funny happens.The game isn't updated it years and it has a bug on anything above level 80. So now I was accused of cheating and my ranks was removed and placed to Halls of Infamy. I have never felt so bad :( 

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By landon

Dragon Age: Origins. I played it for 30 hours before my brother erased it by accident.
So much time...wasted...

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By captain_clayman
@MrKlorox said:
" All of my PS1 saves when my mega memory card crashed. That day I stopped playing it and JRPGs. The only thing representing all the hours I put into those grindfests having disappeared just ruined them for me. Good thing we have achievements and cloud savedata now, eh? "
yes!  thank the lord for steam
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Back in high school I was staying home because I was sick for a couple days and I ended up playing Morrowind for literally like...30 hours without saving. At some point I decided that I should probably save, and just before it finished the power went out. It came back on maybe 10 seconds later. To say I was worried was an understatement. I turned my Xbox back on, tried to load my save, but it failed. Not only did I lose that 30 hours, but the whole file was corrupted. My only file that I had been playing on for months. I fell backwards onto my bed, and laid there motionless for several minutes. I wasn't angry. I wasn't sad. I just felt numb. I kept thinking to myself: "Did that just fucking happen?" I was so disgusted, I didn't touch Morrowind again until like ayear later.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By toowalrus

It was Pokemon Red, I had 150 pokemon legit, and borrowed a friends Gameshark to get a bank full of Mews... One day though, the cartridge was pulled out without shutting off the game, and when I tried to load it up again, my save was gone.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Assassins Creed 1, was on the last assassination guy

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By GJSmitty

My PC crashed while i was 80 hours into Oblivion, I had saved my game onto an external hard drive at hour 50, so I lost 30 hours of playing. 

Also, even though this isn't a save game, when that same PC crash happened, I lost 50 pages of a so far 60 page story that i was writting.  i never went back to writing that story again...    
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By RandomHero666

Harvest moon: Friends of Mineral Town.
Dunno how many hours, but I had been playing it for about 6 months, was about to buy the cabin in the woods. Then my fucking brother saved over my file when I let him play.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By FunExplosions

I think I've already posted in this thread, but I'll add another.

Bionic Commando Rearmed. I had beaten it, and had wanted to start on some of the really difficult challenges that I didn't finish. Not to mention that trophies for it were finally released. At this time, I didn't quite understand the PSN's handling of deleting games. It's pretty bonked. You buy a game, change your PSN name, delete game from your old account, and voila!, you can't play the game anymore. Even if I could, there's a block that prevents me from using "someone else's" save files. I was hoping it would be more like Steam, and I could just download the game later... But nope.

I also lost a bunch of great games this way, stupidly deleting almost all of them from my old account name. I lost Crash Commando, Wipeout HD, PAIN (good riddance), Stardust HD, flOw, and a few others in this one period of time. Complete idiocy on my part, I guess.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#211  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

Losing my completed Burnout Paradise save on my PS3 was a bitter pill to swallow.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#212  Edited By Geno

My Lvl 99 full completion Final Fantasy 7 save >.>. Also equally, my full completion Final Fantasy Tactics save. 

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#213  Edited By SubwayD

There have been many lost saves over the years, but the two most recent ones that stung the most would be 100+ hours of Oblivion and 50 hours of Disgaea: AoD.   

ConfuciusOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By ConfuciusOne

Like many others, I lost a Pokemon save or two to a younger sibling.  Still stings a bit.  Game Freak should really get with the times, we need multiple save files.

Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Callumrides

Pokemon Gold game save just vanished  never did go back to it

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By msdss

I lost my Final Fantasy 7 save file. It was right before the final boss. 90+ some odd hours played. Never have beat that game or seen the ending...

Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Jaserno

My Mass Effect, sunk about 50 hours into that and then my hard drive fried on my computer. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Borderlands.

Logged in, all my bloody guns gone!
Thankfully a patch solved it, but I was furious!
Next to that, never lost anything really.

lynchtheram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219  Edited By lynchtheram

Had completed discs 1 through to 3 on a Final Fantasy VIII Save on my backward-compatible PS3's internal memory card. However, could not complete the game since the PS3 couldn't read disc 4. Technically not a lost save I know, but it certainly lost the point.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By rickyyo

I've deleted my entire library of game saves on the xbox not once but 3 times.  Because when you delete your gamercard you are given the choice to delete the profile or the profile and everything with it.  My thumb always manages to slip on that screen and I delete everything.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#221  Edited By RobotHamster

Zelda TP, I had 100% which took like 40hrs and when I had to send in my wii they couldn't salvage the hard drive. And one of the pokemon games which had probably 100+ hrs.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By MancombSeepgood

Probably Final Fantasy VII. I was only a couple bosses away from the end.... >_>

mattbirdy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By mattbirdy1986

Football Manager 2008 
23 seasons had been played upgraded my OS copied the save data but going from 32 bit to 64 bit corrupted the file :( 

never played it again...... till 2010 :D

falco_eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#224  Edited By falco_eagle

Just a few days ago my Gamecube memory card got corrupted and I think it was because of that stupid Master hand glitch on Super Smash Bros Melee. I lost my fully completed Tales of Symphonia save my almost fully completed Super Mario Sunshine save and my Animal Crossing save. D:

frsty13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By frsty13

Final Fantasy 1 on NES.  It had only one save file and creating a new game would erase the saved one without any kind of warning.  I was at the final dungeon and went to visit my godparents for a weekend.  When I came back, I found out my little brother wanted to play... 

I never had the heart to play through it again.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#226  Edited By gingertastic_10

I was almost done with Half Life 2 and my friend deleted it by saving over it. I spent the whole day getting back to where I was.

The_Painted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By The_Painted

Super Mario 64. I spent ages getting the stars, and I had all but one. Then my little sister deleted my file by accident. I don't think I've played the game since...

bobstarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By bobstarz

monster hunter freedom 2. i logged over 250 hours into that game. 
TES: oblivion, my save file wasn't on my ps3 when i popped the disc in. i spent over 75+ hours into that game.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Ineedaname

8 hours of Demon's souls.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Sanryd

Twisted Metal 4 on PS1 after playing through it god knows how many times to get my rank up to something similar to "legendary". I was proud at the time, so when I accidentally saved over it, I sat there for what must have been a 5 full minutes staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Funzzo

Forgot to back up all of my saves when I reinstalled win7. Lost all of them. O well now I have a reason to go back and play them all over again.

Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Souls

my animal crossng file got deleted by being mistaken for the nes files T-T 

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#233  Edited By luce

I lost my PS2 memory card and my PSP memory stick

I'm a huge RPG fan..lets just leave it at that

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#234  Edited By TheHT

Final Fantasy 7. I think I was about half way into the second disc. Also, it was my first foray into SAVE DATA CORRUPT confusion and rage. Made dealing with Oblivions corrupt save file easier, which was the game to make me start saving in multiple slots.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Burns098356GX

I formatted my harddrive forgetting to back up my Fallout 3 and Dragon Age files. Probably about 100 hours between the two.

TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#236  Edited By TheWan

Before I knew what I was doing with a computer, I had racked up about 120 hours being an Orc in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Unfortunately, I had to system restore my pc, so I lost the file. Next, I played an Imperial about 140 hours. Once again, I had to system restore my pc. The final time I had to restore my computer I earned about 110 hours of an orc again. 

The funniest thing about this is I never moved past the third main mission in any of those sav e files. I still don't know what the ending is. :)
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#237  Edited By Kiemoe

I remember being confused about Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando's new game plus feature and I accidentallly overwrote my file thatI was close to getting 100% on. I worked so hard on getting that awesome armor, too.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By HHAP

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.  I let someone play and they saved their file right over mine. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#239  Edited By Karmum

Can't really think of any saves I might have lost that I wish I had back. I usually save like crazy, and whenever I have some extra money, I might backup my X360 saves onto my computer. Just to my computer.

RedHatDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By RedHatDrew
@Spiral_Stars said:
" Mass Effect two weeks before Mass Effect 2 came out. "
^This
AbeTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By AbeTheGreatest

Tales of Symphonia about 75% through the game and Baten Kaitos nearly at the end of the game,  my memory card was corrupted forcing me to delete everything on it. I ended up never playing either of those games again

androdro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By androdro

my borderlands character, was at level 60

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#243  Edited By raidingkvatch

KotOR about 20 hours in and I'd stayed up til about 2 in the morning playing for at the very least 5 hours straight, being tired I managed to accidentally save over my save file and lose absolutely everything and have to start from scratch.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By monetarydread

My worst game save loss was when I was in high school. I failed my English 10 class so my Mom deleted my three PS1 memory cards. I was devastated.

GoonerGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By GoonerGod

dragon age origins just finished the first quest in awakening and a friend started a new game in origins and saved over it well he used to be a friend...

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Shabs

I was playing through the original Starcraft's single player (which I didn't really enjoy) and lost a save at what I think is the last Terran mission.

I will never play through that again, so I won't know the story of SC1 before SC2.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By RipTheVeins

How about an entire, almost full, PS2 Memory card with the only save files of all of my PS2 games on it, as well as some of my ps1 stuff.  I got home after a week-long school trip and found it half-way across the room and it was completely empty and both of my brothers played dumb. 

Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've been lucky enough to never actually lose a save, but I have been forced to start a new game because of glitches. I had to start a new Dragon Age campaign after a quest bug about 20 hours in stopped me from progressing through the main storyline, and I was maybe 7 hours into Metroid Prime 3 when a strange bug made a canister I needed to lower a ramp disappear. I believe I also got stuck because of a bug in my first playthrough of Final Fantasy X, but I played through that game so much I don't remember.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By DoctorWelch

Hasnt happened to me too much but I lost my Forza 3 save after I was like 2/3 of the way through the game. I got ride of it after that because there was no way I was going to replay all of those races.

bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By bakumatsu
@armaan8014 said:

" @Spiral_Stars said:

" Mass Effect two weeks before Mass Effect 2 came out. "
*sigh* me too.. also, Oblivion and GTA IV when I was 75% + through "
Me three.. Already had the game and I was almost finishing my renegade walkthrough in ME1 when, installing ME2 , deleted both my paragon and renegade walkthrough saves.
Luckily I managed to recover my first walkthrough and part of my second one. Also GTAIV when I was about 80% through. I'm still looking for my Witcher save so I can use it in the second game but no luck...