Worst game you have bought knowing it was bad.

• 111 results
matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By matthias2437

I was just thinking about this, and I buy a lot of shitty games just because I will get bored and see a bunch of cheap, super shitty games on amazon or steam. I have spent a decent amount of time playing games I have bought knowing it was probably going to be bad, the most recent ones I can think of are.

• Legendary. This game was shit and has a glitch on PC that wont let you finish the final boss.
  • Clive Barkers: Jericho. Not complete shit but still pretty bad, took a lot to make myself take the time to finish it.
  • Frontlines: Fuel of War. Again, not all bad. The story was huge shit, but game play was alright.
  • Velvet Assassin. I had no idea this was as bad as it was... should have watched the QL first.
  • A plethora of other steam games that I can not think of at this moment.

Now, I normally get at least a minuscule amount of enjoyment from these games (except Velvet Assassin), and in all fairness I guess some people may like these games.

Any of you guys buy games knowing it is probably really bad just because it is cheap and you want something different to play?

pat_bren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pat_bren

Probably Goldeneye: Rogue Agent. I love the James Bond games but it had so many elementary flaws, it was despicable. Such a shame. I think it's probably the last James Bond game I bought, because I don't want to support Activision or their complete lack of humour and depth. Also, Driver: Parallel Lines. It wasn't too bad, but I can barely remember a single thing about it so it certainly wasn't good.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I can't really think of any instances where I knowingly bought a game that was bad. Why would someone do that?

Evikull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Evikull

Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 on PS3.

Call of Duty 3 on Wii.

Oh christ, I must have wanted to torture myself for some reason.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By matthias2437

@MooseyMcMan: Honestly one of the primary reasons I do it is because if I don't have a backlog and want something to play I would rather play something different, even if it isn't great, rather then either replaying a game I have beaten. Also its not like the initial investment is ever that large, most I have spent on any of these bad games is $5. So if I play it for 8 hours and never touch it again I don't feel like I do when I spend $60 on a game, play it for 8 hours then never touch it again because its meh.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Wacomole

As I don't play games for a living (any more), I don't knowingly waste money on bad games that I could use to buy something else that I really want or need.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MooseyMcMan said:

I can't really think of any instances where I knowingly bought a game that was bad. Why would someone do that?

What he said/asked!
stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stubbleman

I came really close to buying Last Rebellion. After watching some gameplay videos though, I realized that game was probably too bad to even enjoy ironically.

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Witzig

Order of War was complete shit and I'm still debating if Railworks 2 is compelete shit as well but I haven't dropped any money on what seems to overpriced DLC so can't say for sure as of yet.

Bonsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bonsai

My brother and I bought a N64 copy of Daikatana, just because we could.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By dbz1995

Woms 3D: Forts. Either buy it and two other games for £15, or buy one of the two games for £12.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I bought Shaq Fu a few months ago. A local used game shop had like six or seven copies, I should have bought them all.

It's displayed proudly next to my Kazaam soundtrack CD I found at Goodwill.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fizzy

I bought Soldier of Fortune: Payback and it wasn't that bad actually. I also bought The Outfit, which is kind of bad.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By crusader8463

Dragon Age 2. I could tell by all the trailers and previews that they had taken a giant steaming shit on everything that made Dragon Age: Origins so great, but my love for the first game made me give them the benefit of the doubt. Turned out it was even worse than I could have imagined.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#15  Edited By Grumbel

Most of the bad games I buy turn out to be actually pretty descent:  

• Lair: Simply a great game for what it is, didn't find much to complain about, enjoyed it enough to collect all the gold medals
  • Velvet Assassin: Like that one quite a bit, it sure has pretty basic and outdated game design and bad reset points and a story that goes nowhere, but the sneaking is fun and if approached as puzzle game, not action game, the reset points stop being much of a problem.
  • Garshasp: Solid God of War clone, not as polished as the competition, but the fighting worked quite well
  • Hydrophobia: Loved that one, a little glitchy here and there, but fantastic water physics and a good Tomb Raider'y climb&shoot mix
  • Dark Void: That one actually ended up a little worse then expected, it has a few fun flying moments, but doesn't really do much that you haven't seen done a lot better, story was also kind of a mess
  • Alpha Protocol: Found the reviews rather puzzling, phantastic game, ton of variation and dynamic in both gameplay and story, highly recommend
  • Mirrors Edge: I can see it's faults and it has quite a few, but those don't stop me from absolutely loving the things it gets right (graphics, music, setting, platforming), still by far the most enjoyable FPS game I played in years, just bought it again on Steam
Worst game I played recently was probably And Yet it Moves, bad graphics, bad controls, bad music, bad sound and the core gameplay, while interesting in theory, just isn't all that much fun in practice.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By TheHBK

Spider-Man 3. I preordered for the poster and felt compelled to buy the game. Spider-Man 2 was fun, this was just tiresome.

Infinite Undiscovery. It was 10 bucks at best buy, wanted an JRPG since I have never played one before. Bad move.

Lost Planet on the PS3. Also 10 bucks at best buy. It looked crappy and the PS3 sticks are still bad for FPS style controls of moving and aiming. Luckily, for all of these I got a pretty decent value when i traded them in.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rubberluffy
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Every Driver game that came out after the first one. That series was finally vindicated with San Francisco, though. I'm loving that one.

Dunkelheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dunkelheit

Duke Nukem Forever.

RivenD3ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RivenD3ll

Halo 3 : ODST

*Shiver*

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RE_Player1

Where The Wild Things Are for PS3. Back than I was desperate for trophies as me and my friends would be competing for who had the most platinums. It was a dark time in my life...

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FunExplosions

Back when I cared about achievements, I bought anything in the PSN Store I could get my hands on. Bought so many shitty games just for the achievements. The kicker is that most of those games' achievements are fucking ridiculous to get.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vexed

X-Blades : It was on clearance for $8. Played the first level and then immediately torpedoed that piece of shit to Gamestop.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#24  Edited By Little_Socrates

Rogue Warrior, I bought it as part of the Bethesda pack last holiday sale.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Clonedzero

Mercenaries 2 for the 360.

that game is easily the buggiest worst game i own, it was still fun though in a guilty sorta way.

Freezer_Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Freezer_Burn

The original Red Steel when the Wii launched, and more recently Alpha Protocol. I bought it for cheap, and highly enjoyed the story, and it's various trappings, but actually playing it was less than stellar.

Elusionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Elusionar
No Caption Provided
LetsRockBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LetsRockBaby

I bought Shaq Fu for a dollar.

buckwatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By buckwatters

Probably Call of Duty 3

HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HODGEY3000

Duke Nukem Forever

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By swoxx

Too human like 3 years after release

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jayjonesjunior

@matthias2437: Velvet Assassin is not bad at all, and Jericho can be pretty fun.

mine was Resident Evi 5.

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Hashbrowns

I guess I'll be the first to admit to getting Deadly Premonition.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Why would anyone buy a game knowing that it's bad? I don't get it. I can't believe this question has so many responses.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Venatio

@TheGreatGuero said:

Why would anyone buy a game knowing that it's bad? I don't get it. I can't believe this question has so many responses.

Well it might be really cheap and the person might wanna know just how bad it is

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BisonHero

I found it surprisingly easy to think of my answers for this.

• Deus Ex: Invisible War: So terrible. I bought it years after the fact. I had played Deus Ex, and it's still one of my favourite games. I just had to see how badly they managed to screw up the sequel. I can confirm that they screwed it up as badly as everyone says.
  • Metroid: Other M: Watching preview footage, the weird melee takedowns and switching to first-person seemed highly questionable. Also, I started hearing all the online chatter the first few days after it came out about how terrible the writing and voice acting was, yet I still wanted to see it for myself so I bought it within a week of it coming out. The graphical quality is nice and the gameplay is tolerable but way too easy, but otherwise the actual level design is generic and dull (except for the first hour of the game which actually bothers to play with the holodeck theme a little bit - it's in the Quick Look), and the writing and voice acting are indeed appalling.
  • GoldenEye 007: Relax guys, I mean the Wii game. It's functional, but left me with a "Why did I buy this when I could've rented it?" feeling. The gameplay is just like the recent CoD games, but lacks that extra bit of pizazz. The singleplayer has some alright set pieces, but none of the objectives are interesting like in original GoldenEye or Perfect Dark; it's always just "Go to a place, then use your all-purpose smart phone to take a picture of something or scan it or hack it". The multiplayer is like utterly lifeless CoD multiplayer. It has only the most basic of perks, like "fire from the hip better" or "be slightly more resistant to bullet damage". No kill streaks. Fairly spartan UI that is completely bland and uneventful (no heavy metal level ups). The whole game just gets very boring very quickly.
CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CheapPoison

Wow!

I expected way more Duke!

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SuperWristBands

I only bought one game thinking it was bad before the purchase. That game was Onechanbara and I actually ended up liking it quite a lot. It was simple for sure but it was mindless fun and had some appearance customization and I always dig that.

I bought games before not knowing they'd be bad but I can't think of any other time I bought a game that was considered bad.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mpgeist

Golden Axe: Beast Rider. Strangely enough, I actually enjoyed playing through it.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By UnrealDP

@Dunkelheitsaid:

Duke Nukem Forever.

Perfect answer! I bought that exact game even though i knew i would hate every minute of it, i then beat it simply out of curiosity since i've followed DNF's development for has felt like ages.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By guiseppe

I bought the Collector's Edition of Alone in the Dark for X360 knowing it was bad. But hey, it was less than $10 and not used.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Shadowrun, I'm still mad at myself for buying this.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Deranged

Superman Returns but I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

Too Human- but I ended up loving it.

Medal of Honor- got it originally for the beta, but thought the campaign was good, multiplayer lacking.

Tea_bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Tea_bird

I bought Alpha Protocol knowing the game was no good from reviews and word of mouth, though it sounded like something I'd be interested in. It was, and I'm glad I bought it.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Probably Solider of Fortune: Payback. I think I bought it because I was desperate for another SoF game, and while I did enjoy it at first, it didn't take me long to realize it was pretty terrible. For one, the game is only about 3 - 4 hours long, and the AI was truly abysmal. I do have to admit that graphically, that game was gorgeous, though.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fizzy

@Tea_bird said:

I bought Alpha Protocol knowing the game was no good from reviews and word of mouth, though it sounded like something I'd be interested in. It was, and I'm glad I bought it.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot I bought this too, was only 15 dollars I think. Not as terrible as people made it out to be.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By frankxiv

final fantasy xi. 3 times

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bybeach

DNF...I knew, even if I didn't admit it to myself. I will say again, Elusionar's Sneak King looks like an awesome game to own...never remove the wrap!

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By captain_clayman

@Dunkelheit said:

Duke Nukem Forever.

me too except i rented it. still it's 6 dollars and 12 hours of my life i'll never get back.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Karl_Boss

Sonic 2006, not horrible but the camera and controls just suck.