• 74 results
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Illmatic

Subtitles are a thing I always turn on too. Its a problem I have with both games and movies. I tend to never be able to hear exactly what the character's are saying in these mediums.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By SMTDante89

When I first get the game, I like to look at the box and look through the manual/supplementary materials.

But yeah, once I pop the game in, subtitles for me as well.  Sometimes I'll check achievements before playing, but after checking for subtitles I'll usually just jump straight into the game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Hizang

I always take off all of the stickers 
I have to break every box
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By EpicSteve

i always turn off subtitles and check the achievements. 

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By xMP44x

I used to always read the manual for my games, but I've started doing it less and less once I caught onto the fact that most of them are about six pages at best. Two pages are devoted to the control scheme, one is for the Xbox 360 safety and Xbox LIVE plug, and the last three are either credits and thanks, or credits, thanks, and 'Notes'. The only time I've ever used the Notes section in any game manual was when I jotted a few cheat codes in before trading the game in. 

Another thing I tend to do, and this is extremely odd, is to tidy my room before playing a new game. I'm not entirely sure why and I can't explain it, but if it is a game I've never played before, I tidy my gaming environment before starting into it. I know, it's a very unusual thing to do, but I always do it without thinking. I even plan where to put the game on my shelves before starting into it. Weird, yet true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Always put on subtitles.

I don't have a preference for inverted camera or regular; it generally depends on what I've been playing lately. So if I jump into a new game and I was playing with the camera inverted in the last game I played, I'll invert it.

I have a tendency now to allow achievements to change the way I'd normally play through a game, alter the choices I'd normally make. :/

Edit: okay, I take off all the stickers too. Also go the wrong way whenever possible just to check whether I'm missing anything, old gamer's habit I suppose.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By mordukai
Never really thought about it. I really don't think I have define set of rules. Basically every time I pop in a new game I just see where it takes me first. With me first impressions are everything. If a game can't grab me on the first level, or on the first 2 hours of gameplay then I'll pretty won't bother with it anymore. 
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By Tireyo

I just jump right in to the game. If there is something that I don't like, then I'll change the settings.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By iam3green

i usually read the manual when i get a new game. i play the game and go online to check the achievements.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By craigbo180

When I'm playing a new game I undress fully, do sixteen star jumps, a small dance symbolic of anger and navigate the menu's to start the game with my feet. I usually won't check the achievements until I'm about half way through and stick with the default settings unless they bug me.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By mithhunter55
@Mr_Shenanigans
When there is a loading screen, I constantly click the mouse buttons. This also goes for when I am respawning in TF2.
When I do this it ends up being in other programs and then they crash. I just lean back during tf2 loads. I like the way source games load though seems faster becuase it isn't a generic loading text.
mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mithhunter55
@StarvingGamer
Game comes in the mail to work
Read the manual fervently for the next 8 hours until I get to go home
Go to options and change the controls when applicable
Go to options and turn on subtitles when applicable
Start new game (with difficulty set to ~Hard when applicable)
I have learned not to set the game to hard unless it is not challenging enough. To many times it end up being I die in some stupid way becuase the enimies do to much damage or it is an RTS and I don't like the play style.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Stay standing up after I've put the disc in, and won't sit down until I've started playing the game proper.

Always head to the options menu first.  

Turn invert on. 

Go the wrong way on purpose.  

Exhaust every and all conversation options. 

If a game allows me to map weapons to the d-pad, I will always place certain types of weapons in these exact spots; pistols - up, shotguns/machine guns - left, sniper rifles/launchers - right and grenades/explosives - down.

Try and find every damn collectible in every game I play, even if it ends up making me enjoy it less (OCD). 

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#65  Edited By Spiritof

If it's an open-world type game, with exploration, 9 times out of 10, when the game sets me free, I'll do a 180 and go in the opposite direction the game wants me to. I always think that, if I don't explore right away, the game is going to lock me out an area for not being clever and paying attention. Even if I know better going in.

I also have a hard time using med-packs, if the game has no limit on how many I can pick up. For some reason I like seeing how many I can pile up. I can remember playing thru the first Tomb Raider and never using a med pack. I ended up treating it like a collectible in my mind.

Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Fontan

I always put subtitles and always mess around the options settings. 

Always play in the hardest available difficulty first.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By 1nfinitum

Video settings.  Of course, I could spend hours tweaking video settings before actually playing.

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Badhands

I always instantly make sure subtitles are off, F those things. Then (depending on if im playing PC or console) set graphics to max and set my mouse dpi-4k then start playing. 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I always turn on the subtitles and sometimes I like to check out the achievements beforehand.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mordukai

Have sex or masturbate in order to get my aggression out. 

delogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By delogo

Does anybody else watch those intro movies that usually start playing  when you don't press start at the main menu?

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By frankfartmouth

I always play games on the hardest setting. Sometimes I regret it, but always I feel like I have to. Glutton for punishment 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Options first no matter what.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#74  Edited By Sooperspy

Always turn on subtitles

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#75  Edited By Tordah

If it's a game with achievements I usually have a look at some guide before playing to see if there's anything I should pay special attention to. I also install the game (Xbox 360) on the HDD before I start playing it. In game I turn subtitles on, and that's pretty much it.

Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zafmg

use only the edge of the seat

because EXCITEMENT