ea pass

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

so this game is made by EA and they have started requiring online passes for all their games does this mean if you don;t buy medal of honor new you can;t play online without giving EA an extra $10?? 

is this just foolish or if they sell great, which I don't think it will,  open the door for COD to charge everyone for online play too.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Binman88

I think they're well within their rights to do whatever the fuck they want with their online services. It's no different to putting in a registration key on a PC, which I've been perfectly happy to do since forever.

@bofooq said:

" is this just foolish or if they sell great, which I don't think it will,  open the door for COD to charge everyonefor online play too. "
Your last sentence seems to imply that EA are charging all their customers extra for their online functionality, whereas it's only people who buy the game second hand. Besides, I don't think they're doing the online pass thing for MOH anyway.
alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By alternate

I think they are just doing it for EA sports titles at the moment.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bravetoaster

You don't need to pay that fee for this game. Do your research before posting shit like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have no one to blame but yourself for looking stupid.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Skald

If you buy a game used, EA makes no money on your purchase. They should charge you a fee for online play.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By suikoden352

if you don't buy the game then you can do a rental pass option within the game that will let you have online with the game for 5-7 days(i don't remember which). ya got 4 options. 1. you don't play the game at all. 2. you rent it and deal with just having the temporary online. 3. you do what i do and go to the rental store nearby you as soon as you can so to grab a copy with the manual with it so you have a code anyways(family video adds the manuals to their games usually so if you are quick enough then you can snag an easy code). 4. you can pony up and go buy the game and not have to ever worry about not having online for the game. your pick.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike
@bofooq: The EA Pass stuff is optional, you can play online without it.