Is there more than one Big Boss? (Spoilers for Peace Walker)

• 51 results
Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can I just say that all that bullshit with fake developer and trailer lead to fuck all and was a huge waste of time. I mean he made a fake company called Moby Dick games and did what with it? Later revealed it was fake and the trailer was for Metal Gear Solid V? Something I read the same day the "mysterious" trailer was released. There was no mystery, it added nothing.

Nah man, that shit definitely stirred up some publicity. Go check the neo-GAF thread on whether Joakim Mogren was a real dude or a CG head tech demo of Fox Engine. People give Kojima so much credit that they invented a conspiracy theory about photorealistic CG. That wasn't his intention, but it got people talking for sure.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By white

I'm surprised no one's floating the idea that Frank Jaeger/Null/Gray Fox is that Punished Snake we've been seeing in GZ and the trailers.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By kasaioni

@karkarov: He also said that in his most recent interview that he considers the Metal Gear series to consist of MG1-2, MGS1-4, and PW. And I'm pretty sure in the interview you are referring to, he considers the Metal Gear series to primarily consist of the games he's directed. "Some details are inconsistent" to me just means that he doesn't care about PO and is ready to retcon the whole game if he wanted. Which is fine because it's not a very good game at all.

@white On the other hand, I'm surprised any one would take such ideas seriously. Metal Gear has done some weird stuff with characters being other characters; but it never allows one established character to become another one entirely. Even with the Liquid Ocelot stuff it was just "nah, Ocelot's just been fuckin' with you, Snake".

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird to see people talking seriously about Metal Gear canon. When Kojima outright said that if he thinks of something cooler than what's already been established, the "canon" will go out the window, I think it's fair to bet that intended for that to apply to stuff he's written and directed, as well as the PO team.

Besides, I think if you get caught up in the minutiae of "what really happened" you are literally going to drive yourself insane. No one person is meant to consume a serving of plot spaghetti that size. Just relax and appreciate that while the whole thing is essentially a hot mess, the broad strokes are fantastic, and the themes explored are at least worthwhile.