Joy-Cons Drift, does electrical contact cleaner like DeoxIT work?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I saw a TikTok where someone said that for Joy-Con drift they just spray contact cleaner under the rubber flap around the analogue stick. Doe state work, she seemed convinced. She was using WD-40 Brand Electrical Contact Cleaner, but I think the jist was any contact cleaner would work. But is that the solution for Joy-Cons or is just placebo?

I see it recommended since 2019-ish, but I never see anyone swear by it, or say it works 100% of the time. It seems weird that people take apart Joy-Cons which you would assume would dislodged disburse and they sate when they put back the Joy-Con it still drifts. It seem a little too good to be accurate that drift is just disburse that can be swept away by a spritzed of cleaner.

Have people here used electrical contact cleaner with sucess?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have no idea but where I come from there's more or less a belief that if there's a problem with anything you can fix it with enough WD-40 so I'd buy it.

tontogoldstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It worked for me. I used it on 3 pairs of joy cons and the problem went away. I don't use them often enough to say when/if drift will come back. Also in case anyone sees the above comment and gets confused, don't use regular WD-40! WD-40 electrical contact cleaner is a separate product!

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

It worked like a charm for me. Have to reapply it every once in a while but that plus some light suction has seemed to eliminate the drift for months at a time in my experience.