The Unofficial "I'm Standing In Line for the Switch" Thread

• 61 results
Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, this thing is impossible to get online? Was gonna try and get one in store today but i have strep throat and feel like shit. I hate console launches.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By oldenglishc

I was just in the wilds of rural Michigan and decided to stop by the local Walmart just out of curiosity. There were three of them on the shelf, so I did the smart thing that you should always do on a console launch and picked one up. It seems neat. Both of the controllers work well so far.

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I got my Switch last night... However, had to get up at 5:00 am for work and am working a 24 hour shift til 7:00 am tomorrow (firefighter/paramedic) and then I have a charity bowling tournament for the state firefighter's union tomorrow until the afternoon. After that I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow evening then back to work for another 24 hour shift on Sunday!! Luckily, after I get settled in with the Switch tomorrow afternoon between bowling and partying I will be able to bring the console with me to the firehouse!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I'm in Southern Cali. Gonna try and stop at some stores on the way home. See if I'm lucky and find one on the shelves. If not no biggie. Would be cool to just happen upon one though.

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in Southern Cali. Gonna try and stop at some stores on the way home. See if I'm lucky and find one on the shelves. If not no biggie. Would be cool to just happen upon one though.

Southern Californian here, my local gamestop only got five non-preorder units so I would say your chances may be slim but good luck either way.

jackgb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jackgb

I live out in the boonies (the nearby "big town" with a college has a population of 10,000). It looks like the local Wal-Mart got about 18 units. I was told last night that nothing would be sold until 6:00 am so I stopped by on my way to work this morning at about 8:30 and didn't see any out. I asked the guy at the counter when they might get more, and he said "We still have a bunch in the back, no problem." Plenty of games out, plenty of accessories. I think I'm likely to beat Zelda and eBay the system and game combined for $300, but it's cool picking up a console on launch day. I wonder if the wider availability here is a function of people here in the boonies relying more on online retailers for novelty items, depressed economic conditions in the area, or even a broad indicator that demand isn't overwhelming/supply is decent.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had to drop by the mall this morning to mail a package and curiosity drew me to the EB/Gamestop and Best Buy to ask how the launch went. Both stores reported they had approx. 20 systems, over and above their pre-order numbers; the EB/Gamestop sold out in 15 mins and the Best buy is less than 60 mins.

I was slightly surprised at both the number of systems as well at how quickly they sold out.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Dark

@bedouin: Your curses worked :D the screen on my switch died the next day.

::edit:: false alarm, went back to the shop and they exhanged it for a new one. Yeh they still have stock 3 days later in aus, i think the price is too high.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The short supply only really seems to concern the USA. The five most major retailers here in Finland continue to have the consoles available or immediate pickup. A couple places are out of the red/blue model. One store has already seemingly dropped the price from 379 € to 349 €.

I wonder if this is an issue of poor allocation or a lack of demand due to the higher price over here.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark said:

@bedouin: Your curses worked :D the screen on my switch died the next day.

::edit:: false alarm, went back to the shop and they exhanged it for a new one. Yeh they still have stock 3 days later in aus, i think the price is too high.

When in doubt just invoke the power of Skeletor.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By FrostyRyan

I walked into a walmart on release date with no pre-order and got a Switch with Zelda.

you guys suck