No Man's Sky Explorer's Club

• 65 results
Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Has anyone figured out if the game tracks how many systems you've been to and starts throwing new things into the mix? I've been jumping around the same 4 systems trying to find everything I can on their planets, but I'm curious if I'm missing out on some rarer materials or new types of things to craft because I haven't moved forward much.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No Caption Provided

Planet: Lomyr

System: Young Kingdoms

This planet was low in flora but for whatever reason abundant in fauna and not only that but it also had this Big Mouth Motherfucker on it. You can't quite see here but this guy was fucking gigantic. Maybe they all ate rocks or something?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also this is the ugliest thing I have ever seen

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

I've upgraded my ship twice in roughly the first 6 hours, to the tune of about 850k units. When I saw this quarter-TIE-fighter job here, I knew I had to have it.

Is that 19 slots or 20? Looks cool either way. I landed on a planet with house size chunks of gold. My plan is to grand away at that gold until I have 1.6 million space bucks, then go shopping for a new ride.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: 19. Your gold mining plan is familiar. I did the same on a completely desolate, but gold-rich planet. Didn't make quite as much as you're planning, because I got bored with that rock, but still left with close to 800k in my pocket. I've since found a crashed 20 slot ship, which I repaired and took. I'm having some finder's remorse, though. I don't like the way my new ship handles as well as the one pictured. I'm currently trying to find it to trade back, if that's possible. It's not going well, even though I haven't left the planet yet.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

System: Bifrost

OH DEAR GOD DON'T LET IT GET ME!

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@jonny_anonymous: black holes are good, they will take you closer to the center of the universe.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Wow, space snakes??? I need to see more planets.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

I give all the animals I see people names, usually just first names. This was one of the first things I've seen walking on two feet.

I an't remember what planet he's on but I'm sure there's more than one by now.

sbarre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have found a gold mine of a planet. I called the system "Data Easr" (was supposed to be Data East but typo'd it up) and the first planet I visited in this system I called "Karnov". From a distance Karnov looked pretty Earth-like but once I landed I realized it was a rocky, waterless planet with limited sentinels, pretty underwhelming at first blush. Upon further inspection you can see pillars of gold spotting the landscape and the sentinels don't give a fuck but it gets better! The cave systems are FILLED with these Vortex Cubes that sell for 25k a piece.

There's a settlement with a trading terminal right by the mouth of a cave where I have been running in, grabbing as many cubes as I can and running back to sell them. I'm going to be farming on this planet for quite some time.

Vortex cubes are single-handedly responsible for my first ship upgrade.. I farmed about 1.5M Units in an hour or so I think? I didn't have quite the same sweet setup as you (I had to fly to the trading post) but the planet I was on was full of caves with cubes.. Although they could be a bit glitchy.. Sometimes I'd go back to the same cave and it would show me more cubes but as soon as I'd get near them, they would vanish.. like the game was figuring out a bit too late that I'd already picked that one up and it shouldn't be rendering it..

I haven't found anything similar since. and in fact I haven't seen them on any other planets since that first one. Closest thing I've seen would maybe be Aquaspheres but they're much harder to farm - although they are worth seeking out if you get a very specific blueprint for the Bolt Caster.

And I don't want to spoil any specifics but there are other similar high-value items on other worlds that aren't quite as consequence-free when you try to farm them..

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sbarre: yea it's been doing the disappearing ghost cube thing to me as well. I'm actually having a hard time leaving this planet as I just want to keep farming. I'm up to about 7 million but it's hard to just say I'm done making tons of credits and move on.

sbarre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sbarre: yea it's been doing the disappearing ghost cube thing to me as well. I'm actually having a hard time leaving this planet as I just want to keep farming. I'm up to about 7 million but it's hard to just say I'm done making tons of credits and move on.

I would say stick around and farm cubes until you can't stand it anymore, because I haven't found such a good/easy source of Units since I left that planet, and I kind of wish I'd stuck around and farmed just a little bit more (but I totally get it haha - just ONE MORE run and then I'll go)..

Units quickly become a limiting factor because you need to spend increasing amounts of money on ExoSuit capacity upgrades ($10k more per slot for each new slot - I'm paying $240k for my next one), and ships start to cost in the double-digit millions if you want more than 30 slots..

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By mikemcn

SO i'll just leave this here...

I think this supports one of Vinny's laws about procedural content?
I think this supports one of Vinny's laws about procedural content?

I didn't even have to shoot anything to make it that way, it just appeared naturally!

More seriously, I found a planet covered in Tetris shapes! I named it Tetromino.
More seriously, I found a planet covered in Tetris shapes! I named it Tetromino.

ThatMattZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

THE LUCHADEER!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided

Planet: Ash

System: Ra

The planet Ash in the Ra system is a radiation soaked hellhole full of giant flying sharks that swarm you like a scene from The Birds.

Avatar image for onedollarwilliam
OneDollarWilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't been able to get any good creature pictures yet, but I did find an instance of NMS apparently making a joke:

No Caption Provided