Am I the only one who doesn't like beer?

• 176 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

All my friends drink beer and I can't for the life of me understand why. It just seems like such an inefficient way to get drunk. It tastes bad, fills up your stomach and gives you unnecessary calories. Why not just drink liquor? I love mixed drinks like Pipebombs and White Russians. They are delicious and get me drunk! Am I the only one who just doesn't "get" beer?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I like wine coolers, but yeah I'm not a huge fan of beer either.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with you, beer sucks!

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

Yes, you are the only one who has ever existed to not like beer but like harder liquids. Ever.

EVER.

As someone who does enjoy it, however, let me be the first to tell you that the point of beer is not to get you drunk (though it does a good job of that) but that it's tasty and I enjoy drinking it. What is it about beer you don't like, exactly? Is it the hops? The malt? Beer encompasses a huge number of styles that make it kind of premature to write off completely.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pipe dope for the win.

I like different beers for their flavors. If I'm looking to be drunk, liquor for the win

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

Drink good beer.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're the only one. Everyone likes beer.

Loading Video...

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamjohn: I'm not super educated on the types of beer, but I have had an Angry Orchard once and it was alright. It is just that most beer tastes bad to me. Whenever I drink beer I always ask myself "Why am I putting this in my body?". Usually it's just peer-pressure and there is a lack of liquor in the area.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Beer sucks. Except for Sam Adams Octoberfest.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By forkboy

You drink beer because you enjoy the taste. If you're drinking beer to get shitfaced then you're going to find yourself necking many, many pints, & constantly needing to make toilet trips. It's not a big deal if you don't enjoy it. Personally I'd rather a pint of cider to any kind of beer you can name, although I don't mind Hoegaarden.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By veektarius

There are two possibilities. Either everyone who obnoxiously raises the point that they don't like beer in a discussion of beer and or alcohol is a spambot and doesn't exist, or you are also a spambot.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'm in the right mood I like it. Some days beer just tastes skunky as hell to me. Also, if you hand me a can of Pepsi and I find out it's filled with beer when it hits my mouth I'm probably going to vomit. I know people who genuinely love the taste of beer, like... more than any other beverage, but they're also literal alcoholics.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drink less shitty lager, then you'll understand. Unless you're still young and think getting drunk is cool, then you probably won't.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By erhard

Beer is almost always really boring. Liquor is the only way to get drunk.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm 25 and I don't drink, but I understand that I may be in the minority here. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever tasted beer... and probably any other alcoholic beverage. I find them gross, to be honest.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Nodima

Try ciders like Fox Barrel, Crispin, Ace Joker, Strongbow. These beers taste less like beers than most and may be a good middle ground if you're tired of order liquor neat/on ice/so on and finishing it before your beer-drinking friends.

One of the main perks of beer is that many places offer cheap domestics for, well, cheap. The mark-up on liquor is pretty damn high, the bar I work at usually makes a 50-100% profit on its liquor and considering a lot of good liquor runs $40-$50 a bottle, that's a lot per shot. To many, the choice is between spending $4 on a clean, crisp pint Fat Tire off the draw, or $5.50-$9 on a cocktail that often lasts half as long. Many of the bars in my neighborhood consistently sell Tecate, Bud Light and other "shitty" (but completely tolerable and alcoholic) beers for $2.50 or less, making them ALMOST as cheap as store-bought alcohol.

As for your calorie argument, don't fool yourself into thinking you're doing yourself any favors drinking any other type of alcohol. As one example, there are 25 fluid ounces of Jack Daniels in a typical 750ml bottle, and a shot of Jack is 1.5 ounces but most will order a double on the rocks or in a cocktail with Coke, adding more calories. Let's say you have three Jack on the Rocks, plus a straight shot to end the night (to me this is conservative, but I'm a drinker). That's 455 calories, considerably more if you're adding the soda for a back or as a simple cocktail.

If your buddies all have four Bud Light cans each to match your three Jack doubles and one shot, they'll have consumed 440 calories. That's right, 15 less than you, snob! (Just kidding, but seriously. All alcohol meets each other in the middle somehow).

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting drunk isn't the point.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chiablo

I like hard apple ciders, beer is pretty disgusting. I can have a really light wheat beer, but I cannot see why anyone could possibly drink something as dark as a Guiness. I think I'll have a nice tall refreshing glass of burnt.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@joeyravn said:

I'm 25 and I don't drink, but I understand that I may be in the minority here. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever tasted beer... and probably any other alcoholic beverage. I find them gross, to be honest.

Wait... how do you find them gross if you've never tasted them?

Beer sucks. I feel like the finer liquors have a place, but people who just drink to get drunk also suck.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

As another example, since I just got curious, Green Chartreuse is the liqeur that is currently dominating my neighborhood, every bar enters crisis mode if they aren't carrying any. It's on the higher end of the spectrum both in what bars typically charge for it and in proof. It contains 122 calories per 1.5 ounces, and tastes so good to people they tend to finish the drink in 10-20 minutes even if they just intend to sip on it. And then they demand another. I typically see people go through 4 or 5 of them a night, with a beer or two to cleanse the palette of their strong, aromatic taste. These people are easily consuming 700-800 calories a night while drinking maybe 1/10 the amount of liquid a beer drinker would over a similar time frame. Another argument for beer, when you can find a good one, is that it will last you much longer and allow you to save both money and, yes, calories.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm with you. If I want to get drunk, I'll always go for liquor over beer.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

The bigger shock here is that someone just publicly admitted to liking wine coolers that wasn't a twelve year old girl.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

The bigger shock here is that someone just publicly admitted to liking wine coolers that wasn't a twelve year old girl.

Truth.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn: I've got you beat. I'm 30 and don't drink. Nothing I've tried tasted good and the hard liquors I've tried just tasted like burning.

I've got no problem with people who do drink, it's just not for me.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Are you guys shitting me? Beer is absolutely awesome. An ice cold beer on a sunny day, or having a cold one after work with some bodies? Yeah, it's pretty much the fucking best.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Drink good beer.

As someone who typically does not like alcohol, I say buy this shit. It's damn good stuff.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love beer. But its cool if you don't. I don't particularly enjoy being completely shitfaced, i do love a good heavy buzz though. Beer is perfect for that.

Wine coolers are great, shit like smirnoff ice is awesome too. I wish it were more socially acceptable for a mid-20s straight man to drink those fruity girl drinks cus that shit is delicious.

But i love me a good hoppy IPA.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beer is disgusting. People who "like" beer and talk about hops and try and be all cool drinking obscure brands just annoy me. I drink beer if that's all there is, I can tolerate it, but if you are gonna tell me it's more enjoyable to drink a beer over a White Russian, or vodka with cranberry, you are just trying too hard.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like any alcohol. It's all gross.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaLe

NO! I also don't like it! It smells like poor people, or people who should be poor and also homeless.

Also, it's alcohol = of course it's utterly revolting. I thought everyone knew that.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlexW00d

@MikeFerrari7 said:

Beer is disgusting. People who "like" beer and talk about hops and try and be all cool drinking obscure brands just annoy me. I drink beer if that's all there is, I can tolerate it, but if you are gonna tell me it's more enjoyable to drink a beer over a White Russian, or vodka with cranberry, you are just trying too hard.

Lol. This post tries way harder than whomever it is you are trying to describe.

Having different opinions to this guy means you're a try hard. Oh the internet.

E: Wtf why does it post a different name if I hit reply or quote. Stop being broke Giant Bomb.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

All my friends drink beer and I can't for the life of me understand why. It just seems like such an inefficient way to get drunk. It tastes bad, fills up your stomach and gives you unnecessary calories. Why not just drink liquor? I love mixed drinks like Pipebombs and White Russians. They are delicious and get me drunk! Am I the only one who just doesn't "get" beer?

well there's your first problem.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink Captain Morgan, Jack Daniels and maybe some Vodka. I rarely drink beer, usually can't stand it.

LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have one or two beers if I'm hanging with friends but I don't drink it at all otherwise.

Kermity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kermity

I've had one beer that I genuinely liked, but I'm with you. I stick to the White Russians or girly drinks.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shinjin977

I like drinking but I hate beer.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gike987

Beer is the worst, I can only tolerate it with some specific food. I would never drink just a beer.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You are the only one. Get a life, square!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acidbrandon18: I used to be like you, but recently "discovered" beer. Just one day all of a sudden I got a craving for it and ever since I've started enjoying the taste of it. As for the whole "getting drunk" angle, it might sound strange but at least for me getting drunk on liqour and beer are actually very different experiences. Beer is much more of a sedating experience, while liqour just gets me wasted while still being very energetic and "functional".

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

@MikeFerrari7 said:

Lol. This most tries way harder than whomever it is you are trying to describe.

Having different opinions to this guy means you're a try hard. Oh the internet.

E: Wtf why does it post a different name if I hit reply or quote. Stop being broke Giant Bomb.

@MikeFerrari7 does it blow your mind that I like the taste of beer? I enjoy White Russians too, but I generally dislike the taste of liquor

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hatking

YES. NOW GO CRY WHILE YOU MASTURBATE IN THE SHOWER YOU SAD, LONELY FUCK.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By breadfan

@mb said:

Totally.

Drink good beer.

No Caption Provided

Pardon the obscenely large image.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#43  Edited By donutfever

I know what you mean. YOU ARE NOT ALONE SIR

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Every type of beer tastes different, so I think its a matter of you just haven't found the right one yet. But yeah I've met plenty of people who don't like beer, so its really pretty normal I'd say. I actually hate most beers, but there's like 2 or 3 kinds that actually taste pretty good to me and the rest taste like ass.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90% of people who claim to like beer are full of shit. Having said that, there are people who do enjoy the taste, but most just tolerate it. It is an acquired taste. It's not something most will like form the get go, it's something you get used to, and find enjoyment in outside of the taste itself. But like I said, that does not mean there aren't people who do like the taste, because there are.

The argument of beer just being extra calories, blah blah blah is stupid as well. Drinking is just bad for you in general. It is a crutch, not something one does to be healthy. Drinking for the buzz is gonna have negative effects on the body no matter what you drink. Just want a couple casual drinks to unwind? Have a light beer, if beer is your thing. No worse than mixing liquor with soda, or having a white russian loaded with milk or half and half. It's all terrible for you.

For me, beer is my drink of choice. IF it's a couple beers to unwind, a light beer it is. If it's drinks for the buzz, I'll steer clear of the light beer. But people can't whine about beer being filling if they are gonna turn around and drink white russians lol. For me, beer is just a much better buzz than what liquor provides. Different types of alcohol has different effects on different people. Beer is what tickles my fancy, and it took a bit of forcing it down and testing different brands before I found what I enjoyed. Do I love the taste? No. Do I think it's gross? No. But I like the effects. Liquor for me is for shots.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Drink good beer.

As someone who typically does not like alcohol, I say buy this shit. It's damn good stuff.

No Caption Provided

I'ma throw this here anyway!

I'm a big fan.. :)

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Most of the time beer sucks, but there have been a few occasions I've enjoyed it, extremely hot day in the summer, extremely cold beer, it works sometimes.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You aren't drinking the right beer then.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the time beer sucks, but there have been a few occasions I've enjoyed it, extremely hot day in the summer, extremely cold beer, it works sometimes.

Cold is definitely key. I have friends over on the weekend and they just keep their case of beer next to them in room temperature all night and drink away. Blows my mind and grosses me out hahaha. I like mine to the point where if I don;t drink it now, it will begin to form ice.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rick_Fingers

Yeah you're the only person on the planet who dislikes beer; even babies suck it from their mother's teets from birth.

Honestly, what is wrong with you? Are you a heretic? An abomination against the world order?

Well don't worry, the beer authorities are on their way to put you out of your misery. You'll be easy to find, as you are the only person on the planet to not like beer.

(sidebar: beer is rad, but American beer is almost universally hot garbage. If you're drinking just to get smashed, you're doing it wrong)