TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@fourwude said:

can we just get bill Clinton in charge as king? I think the whole world would prefer that to this shit show you have going on right now....

Barack Obama sat alone in his luxurious office, feet propped on his massive oak desk, and sipped Henri IV Dudognon Heritage cognac from a fine etched crystal snifter. He had put in a long day of fucking up Obamacare's PR campaign throughout the nation, and he deserved a break. The building was mostly empty, save for some janitors and a few kiss-asses putting in extra hours in a vain attempt to be noticed when an executive position opened up. Monica, his eager and naive young secretary was one such ass kisser. "Maybe if she ever puts her mouth to better use than just answering the damn phones," he chuckled to himself.

The door to his top-floor office burst open suddenly and he nearly spilled his drink. Charging toward him was Bill Clinton, a veteran president working somewhere in Lewinski's office or some such nonsense. Barack was too busy driving the bus off the cliff to pay attention to what the passengers were doing.

Barack stood to meet his visitor, but before he could react, Bill had him by the throat. "You fucked up, Barack," he spat between gritted teeth. His breath reeked of cigarette smoke and rage. "Obamacare is a fucking mess. Insurance companies can't implement it right and the price is too goddamn high."

Barack wriggled beneath Bill's iron grip, sweat pouring down his brow. He managed a wry smile, attempting to show a confidence instantly betrayed by his trembling lips. "People w-will work a second job to--" Bill's free hand swept through the open air and connected with a smack across Barack's face, his wirey frame giving no indication of the strength within him. "No more bullshit, Barack."

Barack swallowed hard. Fire burned behind Bill's eyes, and Barack knew he meant business. "Bill," he choked, "you don't know people the way I do. They'll happily pay whatever price we set. We're the government, for fuck's sake. People trust us because people are idi--" Before he could close his mouth, Bill jammed the end of a pistol into it. "Be real fucking careful about the next words you speak."

He stared into the endless black of Bill's dilated pupils. The only sounds in the room were those of his heart pounding and his teeth chattering against the gun's muzzle. Bill was right to be angry and there was nothing he could say to fix what he had done. So he started to cry. Bill relaxed his grip and holstered his gun. "Get out of here," he said.

"You want me to leave my own office?" Barack asked, still sobbing.

Bill took the open bottle of cognac from Barack's desk and shot back a slug. "No Barack," he grinned, "I want you out of my office."

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@chiablo said:

@tourgen said:

@epicsteve said:

I just wish Obamacare was actually affordable. It wasn't reasonable for college kids.

yeah, my main problem with it too. You could see it a mile away when they decided to call it the "Affordable Care Bill". It's anything but for certain income brackets.

What it is is a huge payday for the insurance companies.

Whatever. The whole situation is embarrassing.

A lot of people focus on this, but completely ignore the awesome things that come out of this bill... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act#Change_in_insurance_standards

The biggest benefit is that insurance rates cannot be altered based on pre-existing conditions and allowing children to stay on their parent's insurance until the age of 26.

didn't say it was all bad. I'm sure it works out pretty well for some people. Good for them I guess.

It's just hard to get past the part where people already living on the edge are going to have to opt-out and pay the fine because they simply cannot afford the monthly costs. Even with all of the subsides and credits.

And did you just call a 26 year old a child? I assume that was a typo.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#353  Edited By Justin258

@believer258 said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@iamjohn said:
@stonyman65 said:

For example, for someone like me who gets sick maybe once a year, me having health care insurance is kind of a raw deal because I end up paying more for insurance than I would just paying out of pocket if/when I need to.

Short version is, I'm fine but I'm also incredibly lucky that I was insured and could therefore afford to not get bankrupted by a $25,000 surgery (shit you not). What's the alternative? That I deserved to suffer with that and potentially lose nerve functions in my legs because I don't just have that kind of money lying around? That I should have demanded someone else pay for it by either getting the surgery and declaring bankruptcy or getting it done as an ER patient where they can't refuse service? Frankly I think it's kind of selfish to take the perspective of "I'll worry about it if it happens," because then more often than not, it happens and you can't deal with it.

I really want to underline this. No one saves up money in case they need real expensive surgery and think they'll deal with it when they get into a serious medical predicament...that's borderline idiocy. You might be the healthiest person in the country but you still could get involved in a serious accident or get an major embolism due to a long airplane flight. It could happen to anyone and the medical bills would be unpayable. Most people take offense in that it is mandatory to get insured, others don't want to pay for some fatass getting a heart attack and i.e. needing bypass surgery. It is selfish to expect better health care but not wanting to spend a single dime on it.

I don't know the exact costs but isn't your life worth more than a couple of hundred bucks? Costs can only go down after reform, as evidenced by countless european precedents; we're spending a lot less on medicine for example due to insurance companies prescribing generic medications instead of doctors prescribing the 10 times more expensive one, wanting to make a buck for himself.

Now anyone with a pre-existing condition has to be accepted by insurance companies instead of getting denied or paying ultra-expensive insurances of thousands of dollars a month. You're shouldering some of their costs and it's a dick-move to be against ACA. Nobody understands being poor and having serious medical conditions, this is their only outlook on affordable health care. It's not only about you, check your priveleges of being healthy in this world and not being hospitalbound.

You're still missing the part where some people don't have that couple hundred bucks laying around every month to pay for healthcare that they might use. Yes, these people are aware that they could, potentially, be in a serious car accident or some other terrible misfortune could come along. When parts of America are already getting poorer and it's hard to make ends meet, being forced to spend more money is not a particularly appealing idea because they don't have it.

For the record, getting government help isn't reliable for everyone. It's possible to fall above the poverty line or out of the range of government help but still lack the funds to pay three, four, five hundred dollar health care bills every month - this is where the lower end of the dwindling middle class seems to fall.

Now, please, re-read that several times, and let me make it as clear as possible: Paying for healthcare every month is not easy for every American, regardless of the benefits it may bring.

It is a tiered system. The poorest will pay less than $100 a month. I understand some may not have the money but that's because this is a sudden expenditure, slowly people will adapt. If they can't, I expect the government to bring a barebones insurance policy for them. You should re-read the benefits of this bill. This bill is exactly for those that want affordable health care. Those that don't want an insurancy at all are part of the problem.

Adapt? When the government's asking for more money and people aren't making more money? Are you that thick?

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By TowerSixteen

@tourgen: An adult child is still their parents children, which is all he meant.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone in congress is a fucking infant. Even the ones I agree with.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@milkman said:

Okay, fuck it. I'm president. Who's got vice?

In my first declaration, I declare this land the United States of Juggalos. Sorry, fuckers! This is your new world!

Does that mean we are going to watch Big Money Rustlas again?

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@trafalgarlaw: Needed more barack sucking bill off and then turning into cannibalism with bill opening his stomach for barack to eat.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#358  Edited By Milkman

@papercut said:

@milkman said:

Okay, fuck it. I'm president. Who's got vice?

In my first declaration, I declare this land the United States of Juggalos. Sorry, fuckers! This is your new world!

Does that mean we are going to watch Big Money Rustlas again?

You're not watching Big Money Rustlas anymore. You're living it.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tourgen said:

@epicsteve said:

I just wish Obamacare was actually affordable. It wasn't reasonable for college kids.

yeah, my main problem with it too. You could see it a mile away when they decided to call it the "Affordable Care Act". It's anything but for certain income brackets.

Isn't one of the clauses of the bill the ability for College kids to remain under their parents family coverage until the age of 26? That does sort of resolve that college kids bit for the most part.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@trafalgarlaw said:

@believer258 said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@iamjohn said:
@stonyman65 said:

For example, for someone like me who gets sick maybe once a year, me having health care insurance is kind of a raw deal because I end up paying more for insurance than I would just paying out of pocket if/when I need to.

Short version is, I'm fine but I'm also incredibly lucky that I was insured and could therefore afford to not get bankrupted by a $25,000 surgery (shit you not). What's the alternative? That I deserved to suffer with that and potentially lose nerve functions in my legs because I don't just have that kind of money lying around? That I should have demanded someone else pay for it by either getting the surgery and declaring bankruptcy or getting it done as an ER patient where they can't refuse service? Frankly I think it's kind of selfish to take the perspective of "I'll worry about it if it happens," because then more often than not, it happens and you can't deal with it.

I really want to underline this. No one saves up money in case they need real expensive surgery and think they'll deal with it when they get into a serious medical predicament...that's borderline idiocy. You might be the healthiest person in the country but you still could get involved in a serious accident or get an major embolism due to a long airplane flight. It could happen to anyone and the medical bills would be unpayable. Most people take offense in that it is mandatory to get insured, others don't want to pay for some fatass getting a heart attack and i.e. needing bypass surgery. It is selfish to expect better health care but not wanting to spend a single dime on it.

I don't know the exact costs but isn't your life worth more than a couple of hundred bucks? Costs can only go down after reform, as evidenced by countless european precedents; we're spending a lot less on medicine for example due to insurance companies prescribing generic medications instead of doctors prescribing the 10 times more expensive one, wanting to make a buck for himself.

Now anyone with a pre-existing condition has to be accepted by insurance companies instead of getting denied or paying ultra-expensive insurances of thousands of dollars a month. You're shouldering some of their costs and it's a dick-move to be against ACA. Nobody understands being poor and having serious medical conditions, this is their only outlook on affordable health care. It's not only about you, check your priveleges of being healthy in this world and not being hospitalbound.

You're still missing the part where some people don't have that couple hundred bucks laying around every month to pay for healthcare that they might use. Yes, these people are aware that they could, potentially, be in a serious car accident or some other terrible misfortune could come along. When parts of America are already getting poorer and it's hard to make ends meet, being forced to spend more money is not a particularly appealing idea because they don't have it.

For the record, getting government help isn't reliable for everyone. It's possible to fall above the poverty line or out of the range of government help but still lack the funds to pay three, four, five hundred dollar health care bills every month - this is where the lower end of the dwindling middle class seems to fall.

Now, please, re-read that several times, and let me make it as clear as possible: Paying for healthcare every month is not easy for every American, regardless of the benefits it may bring.

It is a tiered system. The poorest will pay less than $100 a month. I understand some may not have the money but that's because this is a sudden expenditure, slowly people will adapt. If they can't, I expect the government to bring a barebones insurance policy for them. You should re-read the benefits of this bill. This bill is exactly for those that want affordable health care. Those that don't want an insurancy at all are part of the problem.

Adapt? When the government's asking for more money and people aren't making more money? Are you that thick?

Yeah. I'm really not sure how the majority of mid to lower class Americans are going to deal with this. I don't know too many people with several hundred bucks unallocated every month.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just wipe out 10% of the population. That'll solve a lot of problems. Who's with me?

That sounds like you volunteering to me.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

Quick, fellow Canadians, while they aren't looking it's our chance to take over! Once we've destroyed them, no longer will their American sitcoms poke fun at our humble ways.

Man, I'm so scared of you Canadians and your huge arsenal of guns. Oh wait.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pick your poison. Either the poor can't afford even government subsidized health insurance or the poor can't afford the several thousand dollar bill for any type of health care (outside of prison that is).

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@example1013 said:

@likeassur said:

Let's just wipe out 10% of the population. That'll solve a lot of problems. Who's with me?

You don't have a strong grasp of the English language if that's what it sounds like.

Actually, looks like you are volunteering, what with the "with me" part at the end.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@likeassur said:

@example1013 said:

@likeassur said:

You don't have a strong grasp of the English language if that's what it sounds like.

Actually, looks like you are volunteering, what with the "with me" part at the end.

If he's so excited about it maybe he should go get a head start.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@likeassur:

It can also mean "who's willing to join me as a sacrifice of 10% of the US population".

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@likeassur:

Who said they were mutually exclusive categories?

@skytylz said:

@video_game_king: Can you come run America for a while?

Nope. You guys gave up monarchies long ago, so you get to live with your irresponsible life choices.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@likeassur:

Who said they were mutually exclusive categories?

@skytylz said:

@video_game_king: Can you come run America for a while?

Nope. You guys gave up monarchies long ago, so you get to live with your irresponsible life choices.

You always liked Canada better! Waaaaaaah!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Video_Game_King

@likeassur:

You could kill first and then be killed. The people doing the killing could agree to being killed themselves at a later date. There's even a term for that.

@extomar said:

You always liked Canada better! Waaaaaaah!

Not really. I mean, I have a house in America and everything. It's just that you guys couldn't handle a single thing about me, so I'm sitting things out.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By LikeaSsur

@video_game_king: Yeah, that's a logical explanation for what I said.

Look, I'm really sorry for making my sentence so complicated and hard to understand for you. In order to atone for my sins, let me just remove all my prior comments so you can return to a life of peace and not have to wrack your brain trying to figure out my clearly indecipherable language. Instead, I'll put it in a way one can easily understand. Ready? Okay, ahem...

I think (are you still with me?) we should just have another black plague or something that wipes out a large chunk of the U.S. population. It would solve a lot of problems. Who (now watch out, it can get tricky here) agrees with that hypothetical plan?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the Republicans and Democrats should kiss already

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I'm really sorry for making my sentence so complicated and hard to understand for you. In order to atone for my sins, let me just remove all my prior comments so you can return to a life of peace and not have to wrack your brain trying to figure out my clearly indecipherable language.

You don't have to be such a dick about it.
You don't have to be such a dick about it.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By SpoogeMcduck

As someone with a pre-existing condition I think the Obamacare is great. I can move to a new job without fear of losing insurance and going broke trying to pay for my medical supplies out of pocket(about $1500 for a months worth of stuff) not to mention the humira injections I take that are 2K a pop, fortunately those are covered either way...

hidden81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and yet the world keeps on turning.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hidden81 said:

and yet the world keeps on turning.

Well... apart from those 800 thousand odd people not getting their pay cheques for the immediate future, bet the world seems pretty shitty right now to them.

HellknightLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

American Government is Shut Down!

Thank God... I don't use it anymore. Its out of date and super slow... who cares anymore. XD

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

@korwin said:

@tourgen said:

@epicsteve said:

yeah, my main problem with it too. You could see it a mile away when they decided to call it the "Affordable Care Act". It's anything but for certain income brackets.

Isn't one of the clauses of the bill the ability for College kids to remain under their parents family coverage until the age of 26? That does sort of resolve that college kids bit for the most part.

That's nice idea. But doesn't help me because I still can't comfortably afford health care. As a veteran, the VA takes care of all my needs. However, it isn't technically insurance. So I'm pretty pissed at the idea of being forced to buy insurance. My college class got pissed when they figured out how much Obamacare actually is for them.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I'm really sorry for making my sentence so complicated and hard to understand for you. In order to atone for my sins, let me just remove all my prior comments so you can return to a life of peace and not have to wrack your brain trying to figure out my clearly indecipherable language. Instead, I'll put it in a way one can easily understand. Ready? Okay, ahem...

I think (are you still with me?) we should just have another black plague or something that wipes out a large chunk of the U.S. population. It would solve a lot of problems. Who (now watch out, it can get tricky here) agrees with that hypothetical plan?

Are you part of the US population? If so, great. If not, pretend you are.

Now, were this hypothetical black plague to wipe out a hypothetical ten percent of the population, would you or would you not exclude yourself from possibly being one of the ten percent?

I think the Republicans and Democrats should kiss already

And then every hard-right winger's head would explode. Oh, wait, there's your large chunk, likeassur!

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU WHITE DEVILS IN THE US HAVE HAD YOUR DAY. DEMOCRACY AKA DEVIL-OCRACY IS DYING.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW WHITEYS.

RavenousJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Congress will be able to come up with a new budget soon.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

YOU WHITE DEVILS IN THE US HAVE HAD YOUR DAY. DEMOCRACY AKA DEVIL-OCRACY IS DYING.

Loading Video...

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!!!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

KK.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So lets talk doom scenarios. What happens if there is still no budget the moment the debt ceiling needs to be raised? Nothing or apocalypse now?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nictel said:

So lets talk doom scenarios. What happens if there is still no budget the moment the debt ceiling needs to be raised? Nothing or apocalypse now?

if the debt ceiling isn't raised? no one knows. It could be pretty hardcore but it could also just be a minor bump.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By EXTomar

The shutdown is annoying and wasteful. A refusal to raise the debt ceiling is however a much more serious issue with global economic impact.

It has been noted with irony that the GOP complains about what a waste of money "Obamacare" is but is ending up wasting a ton of money on the shutdown and destroying capital if they grandstand on debt ceiling.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

I have to know if you're really this bonkers or if you're just plain trolling.

Otherwise, this thread is probably the single most stable thread on this topic across the entire internet.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that HIV? I heard it was made by the government to kill black people.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By Animasta

@fourwude said:

Otherwise, this thread is probably the single most stable thread on this topic across the entire internet.

he always posts this kinda stuff. I am still not sure if it is a long troll or true craziness (I am leaning towards the latter personally)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#395  Edited By jakob187

I'm fucking stoked about this. Hopefully they can...ya know...permanently go away...or at least stop spending shit on non-essentials.

In all seriousness, this isn't the first time it has happened. It's about as big of a deal as a mouse farting.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jakob187: Mouse farts typically don't freeze the pay of millions of federal workers, or cause people to be unable to attend their cancer treatment trials.

Apparently the House has the numbers to end this today. Enough Republicans have stepped forward to end it, but Speaker Boehner has made no indication of putting it up for a vote today.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

I'm fucking stoked about this. Hopefully they can...ya know...permanently go away...or at least stop spending shit on non-essentials.

In all seriousness, this isn't the first time it has happened. It's about as big of a deal as a mouse farting.

It's really more serious than that. The last time it happened it cost the government 2 billion extra dollars, for example.

Plus all those people who aren't working and getting paid. I think they might dislike this

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

Loading Video...

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!!!

HERE IS YOUR GOD NOW WHITEYS. LOOK AT YOUR DEMOCRACY. IT HAS DIED A TRAGIC YOUNG DEATH. AND GOOD RIDDANCE.

(It's fun taking the complete piss out of the US government.)

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

I AM NEVER NOT REAL SON.

NEVER QUESTION MY REALNESS.

PUT THAT ON MY EPITAPH AND SMOKE IT.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

@spraynardtatum said:

@fourwude said:

Loading Video...

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!!!

HERE IS YOUR GOD NOW WHITEYS. LOOK AT YOUR DEMOCRACY. IT HAS DIED A TRAGIC YOUNG DEATH. AND GOOD RIDDANCE.

(It's fun taking the complete piss out of the US government.)

I applaud and participate whenever I can. My government is run by scoundrels and thieves who tweet pictures of their genitals to interns and spy on my grandparents.