Calling in sick, what's your company procedures?

• 68 results
ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By ZimboDK

I just call my boss on the first sick day. If I'm sick for more than a week, I have to call again. Nice and easy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I send my boss an email from my cell phone. Done.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By benspyda

An email to my manager does the trick.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By TheHBK

For me, you just call in and say you aren't coming in because you are sick. Then the secretary just asks, who do you want me to notify? Because I might be working with someone or for someone on something and they don't want to go to my office and ask what happened to me.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I call and say I am not feeling well, I don't go in and then I get paid. Simple really

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Zleunamme

Call two hours before the start of that shift. You can be sent home if you are really sick. I rarely ever get sick and I never had called in. I end up being the one filling in when someone else calls-in or were a no-show. It's a great way to pick up extra hours at work if you short on money.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I just send out an email to All and then fire up Skyrim again.

I mean go back to bed.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By lazyturtle

Wow..OP..I just call the secretary and tell her I'm not coming in. If I'm out for more than 5 work days, I need a docs note.

MrBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By MrBelmont

I text my boss and say I wont be there. I dont even have to give a decent reason lol. I told him I was taking off a Tuesday because I would be tired from the Skyrim midnight release....Im an engineering intern though, so if im there it doesnt really matter lol.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By cornbredx

At my job we have a point system. If you're late or dont come in you get points based on a scale. If you're sick you HAVE to have a doctors note, and also have to call you're team lead to inform them you will be out. If you get a certain amount of points (its now on a 100 scale so you lose points in essence, so if you're sick you lose 20 points a day. example one day sick you will have 80 points). If you go below 52 points you can get a dock in pay until they deem you off probation. If you get on probation again for points you get fired.

It's very easy in this system to get fired if you're broke, so most times I just work while I'm sick now which sucks. Bright side is I work from home. So there's that haha

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#61  Edited By Video_Game_King

I just take the day off.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By NickLott

At my company there's pretty much a two step process. There's an online Vacation/Personal Days/Sick Time calendar that keeps track of time off where I just check off the day, that is the "official" record for the company purposes.

The other thing I do is just drop my boss an email saying I won't be coming in as a courtesy. I work in web development so I can technically work from anywhere so I can also work from home if I'm feeling a a bit under the weather without loosing any sick days.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hosstile17

I just call or text my boss and use one of my allotted sick days. We get 5 sick days a year.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By Hunter5024

I just call and tell my boss and he'll say "Okay! Get well soon!" and some of the employees dont even bother to call in. But were security guards so obviously its important for us to be vigilant in our duties.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By weegieanawrench

I rarely call in sick, if ever. But when I do, we're advised to call 12-24 hours ahead of your shift and then try phoning around to find someone to cover your shift. If you can't do either, then they make do.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By Quipido

@Pezen: Can I ask you in which country you live in? That sounds completely crazy. I work in a hospital in Czech Republic and I all have to do is to call my boss and say how much time off I need and she then deals with it (meaning if it's more days she calls others to replace me, because we work 24/7). If it's a day ot two I ussualy use up my banked overtime hours so I don't loose any money on sick days.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I call my boss and say "I'm sick" and they say "Alright, see you tomorrow."

I fucking love my job.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#68  Edited By SmilingPig

One or two days; I just call.

3 days +; I need a medical note.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GoofyGoober

I work at walmart, we have a hotline we have to call 2 hours before the shift. It is a automatic voice recording then you have to speak management over the phone and tell them. Quickest way to get in trouble there is attendance.