Dexter Season 5. (Spoilers)

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By ninjakiller
@MisterChief: I thought I was seeing things when he sitting on the bed, and dismissed him as a look alike till the bar scene with Quinn.  

Robocop?  I'm going to say it, this season is slow as fuck.  I know last season was probably paced just as slowly, but it didn't feel as interminable as this one does.  
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#102  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm not going to write as much about this episode as I have in the past. I loved all the Masuka action though. Dude's so funny. There's so many plot points to keep strait this season, it's kind of tiring keeping it all together. I'm still waiting for an episode that I don't enjoy; I'm not sure that will ever happen. :P

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Doctorchimp
@BBQBram: I have to agree with you, I am not liking this season nearly as much as the ones before, still completely enjoyable though. Julia Styles just feels so forced, and I'm not sure what the writers are doing. I thought after Rita's death it would be the complete focal point, now it seems like they're too happy to try and bring everything to the status quo. Dexter for the first time in his life had real feelings and Lithgow took her away. You would think that would have serious repercussions to his character, but the way they just sent the kids away and have Dexter back to normal and working so quickly is making it feel like a comic book.

There are some really great characters on the show, whether it be from the random killers, Matsuka, and Angel, but the majority of them are unlikeable in my opinion, Michael C. Hall absolutely saves the show in some episodes. Half of the episodes are now spent looking at Quinn and Deb which are excruciating since Quinn is an idiot and Deb is just Deb... 

I have to say though this week's sneak peak to the next episode was way more exciting than last week's hobo Julia Styles in a hoodie shot. I also hope the episodes don't get as predictable as they did last night.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By JJWeatherman

Hey there, ho there, hi there. This thread hasn't been revived in a while. Some shit has gone down. 

Spoiliz-orz!! 

So that makeshift C.I. lady was shot. Damn, son. Someone should be fired for that *glares as LaGuerta*. I'm starting to like Quinn more and more. He's even starting to come around on letting Dexter off the hook, but now that dude he hired is becoming a problem. I'd bet Dexter kills him eventually. After seeing Lumen and Harrison at the end of the episode, I'm callin' it, Dexter and Lumen are totally gettin' married after all of this is over. But first Lumen's gettin' kidnapped and Dexter's gonna have to save her. 

Dexter's neat and tidy life is totally spinning out of control this season, and I like it.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Osaladin

I was actually looking for this thread after I saw last night's episode, but couldn't find it and gave up. 

OMG!! 

I'm loving the whole serial rape/killer group of childhood friends being the main villain this season, and Lumen is growing on me. At first I thought she was just going to be an annoyance, but now I kind of like the idea of Dexter having a partner or apprentice. Quinn is still a douchenheimer and I hate his face. LaGuerta is so gonna get canned in this season, with all these screw ups happening recently.  

If Dexter and Lumen get together, it would be one big happy serial killing family.  

Edit: I didn't even realize that my post format closely mimics yours.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Osaladin said:
" ... Edit: I didn't even realize that my post format closely mimics yours. "
Creepy.  :P 

You're right, the whole concept of a group of childhood friends being the bad guys is pretty great. It's like the movie "Grown Ups" but a tad bit darker. Just a tad. God Grown Ups sucked.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The season has been really great so far. Last year's was incredible, so I'm hoping 5 can keep up momentum all the way through. I remember 3 having a similar (promising) premise, but it totally failed by the end.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Osaladin

Or the kids from "Sand Lot" after they got psychological trauma from the beast that ate their baseballs.

seitanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By seitanic

This season just keeps getting better. 

I can't wait for Dexter vs Robocop. 

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I was surprised that Peter Weller's part is so small on the show. Perhaps
they are keeping him around for longer than one season.  What really
surprised me was seeing Jonny Lee Miller as the guest serial killer!

He was a serial killer in the movie Mindhunters back in 2004 with 
Val Kilmer (Val's role was brief).  Amazing.  Between the 3 of them,
Miller, Weller, & Stiles, it's an impressive A-list of guest characters.

Dexter. And now The Walking Dead. I'm in TV Heaven! :-D

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By JJWeatherman
@seitanic said:
" This season just keeps getting better.  I can't wait for Dexter vs Robocop.  "
Totally. The preview made their fight look pretty exciting.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By one_2nd

It's growing on me more and more. I really like this season so far. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#113  Edited By Tireyo

I don't watch Dexter.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By floodiastus

The whole "daddy dexter" thing is getting old, fast! 

Also I dont like that now dexter is just kind of a "normal dude" killing criminals, where as in season 1 he was this antisocial guy with deep emotional problems struggling to keep his "facade" up. The character has really evolved the wrong way for me to sympathize.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By BabyChooChoo
@Osaladin said:
" If Dexter and Lumen get together, it would be one big happy serial killing family. "
That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw Dex bring Harrison over to meet her.  Eventually I think she'll be exposed to his friends and family and they'll have to lie about how they know each other and I suspect they'll use 'being a couple' as cover, but it will eventually turn into something more. Just speculation really, but we'll see.

I'm really interested to see what happens to Quinn and that guy following Dexter around. I don't like either of em really and I honestly wouldn't mind they ended up like Doakes. In fact, I really hope they do..
agentmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By agentmoo
@Lind_L_Taylor:  I think they are really just taking his story thread slow - from the teaser of the next episode it seems like his role is going to become more pivotal. We haven't found out what his "unorthodox" measures are going to be. Having lumen around makes dexter very vulnerable to a private investigation, especially since he hasn't communicated an alibi to her to explain where she came from.
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#117  Edited By apathylad

I liked that Vince Masuka picture moment with Lumen. 
Dexter: Do you recognize this man? 
Lumen: The bald guy? No, but he's a freak.  
Dexter: No, not him. 

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By IBurningStar
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" I was surprised that Peter Weller's part is so small on the show. Perhaps they are keeping him around for longer than one season.  What really surprised me was seeing Jonny Lee Miller as the guest serial killer!  He was a serial killer in the movie Mindhunters back in 2004 with  Val Kilmer (Val's role was brief).  Amazing.  Between the 3 of them, Miller, Weller, & Stiles, it's an impressive A-list of guest characters.  Dexter. And now The Walking Dead. I'm in TV Heaven! :-D "
That movie has one of my all time favorite lines ever. The go one for forever about how everyone has one weakness and that becomes a major plot point of the film. So after the bad guy gets shot dead, LL Cool J gets to so this little gem. "Guess we found what is weakness was...Bullets." End of fucking movie. Simply amazing.

Now for my thoughts on this season. I keep getting flashbacks of season 3 here. The way the friendship between Dex and Lumen is developing just reminds me of Miguel. And how Dexter's good intentions constantly backfired and he created a monster that he ultimately had to put down. Now, this time is different because we know that the guys they are after are indeed sick fucks and deserve whats coming, but how will all of this change Lumen? I am holding out hope that they don't have Dex kill her in the end or that she stays around as a replacement to Rita. Dexter moving on so soon just wouldn't be right. He is going to be haunted by that for a very long time. 

I would also like to say that I am starting to really like Quinn. A lot. They found a way to turn a sort of meh character into something really interesting and dynamic. I am looking forward to see how it develops and what they do with him.
SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119  Edited By SumDeus

I really can't stand Julia Stiles in this. Just shut...the fuck...up. 
Other than her annoyance, the season is decent.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Osaladin
@SumDeus said:
" I really can't stand Julia Stiles in this. Just shut...the fuck...up.  Other than her annoyance, the season is decent. "
I get where you are coming from, but I think she is playing her part perfectly. The girl went through some intense shit, I think that earns her the right to be a little high strung.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@AgentMOO said:

" @Lind_L_Taylor:  I think they are really just taking his story thread slow - from the teaser of the next episode it seems like his role is going to become more pivotal. We haven't found out what his "unorthodox" measures are going to be. Having lumen around makes dexter very vulnerable to a private investigation, especially since he hasn't communicated an alibi to her to explain where she came from. "

Yeah. Maybe build up Weller to some big role. Sounds like he
might have to be paid to remain silent.  He's a crooked cop that
will expect to be paid.

@IBurningStar said:

" @Lind_L_Taylor said:

" I was surprised that Peter Weller's part is so small on the show. Perhaps they are keeping him around for longer than one season.  What really surprised me was seeing Jonny Lee Miller as the guest serial killer!  He was a serial killer in the movie Mindhunters back in 2004 with  Val Kilmer (Val's role was brief).  Amazing.  Between the 3 of them, Miller, Weller, & Stiles, it's an impressive A-list of guest characters.  Dexter. And now The Walking Dead. I'm in TV Heaven! :-D "
That movie has one of my all time favorite lines ever. The go one for forever about how everyone has one weakness and that becomes a major plot point of the film. So after the bad guy gets shot dead, LL Cool J gets to so this little gem. "Guess we found what is weakness was...Bullets." End of fucking movie. Simply amazing.  Now for my thoughts on this season. I keep getting flashbacks of season 3 here. The way the friendship between Dex and Lumen is developing just reminds me of Miguel. And how Dexter's good intentions constantly backfired and he created a monster that he ultimately had to put down. Now, this time is different because we know that the guys they are after are indeed sick fucks and deserve whats coming, but how will all of this change Lumen? I am holding out hope that they don't have Dex kill her in the end or that she stays around as a replacement to Rita. Dexter moving on so soon just wouldn't be right. He is going to be haunted by that for a very long time.   I would also like to say that I am starting to really like Quinn. A lot. They found a way to turn a sort of meh character into something really interesting and dynamic. I am looking forward to see how it develops and what they do with him. "

Hahah. Yeah. I remember that.  Fucking glad to hear Eli Roth was 
shit-canned!  I couldn't stand that show.

I think for my next two Netflix rentals it's gonna be:
Mindhunters (if I don't got it on DVD)  &
Raising Cain (the ol' John Lithgow creepy special)

Makes me wonder who the next guest serial killer
will be next season.  They ought to track down Maxwell
Caulfield from The Boys Next Door.  That would be
classic to put him in Dexter.

EDIT: Meant Eli Stone...not Eli Roth...lol.
walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By walreese55

I'm probably the only one to pick up on this, but Cole was that dude in Season 3 on Prison Break! Man the Writers' Strike really fucked that show up

snotboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By snotboogie

Dexter and Lumen, sitting in a tree. K-I-L-L-I-N-G. 

Cute!
brutal_bisp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By brutal_bisp

Quinn is a little punk ass bitch, and he looks like he's lost weight. Almost looks sickly.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#125  Edited By Synthballs
@Tireyo643 said:
" I don't watch Dexter. "
Wow, thanks for that. It was fucking awesome to read that. And, why post? 

This season is getting better by the episode. Masuka is a God.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By mfpantst
@Osaladin: I liked this last episode.  My favorite moment was "Shit a brick and Fuck me with it"
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By hicks91

the bar fight scene was excellent 
good shooting debs 
love dexter

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#128  Edited By Tireyo
@Synthballs: I don't know! Just felt like saying something.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By JJWeatherman
@yousuck137 said:
" Quinn is a little punk ass bitch, and he looks like he's lost weight. Almost looks sickly. "
lol. So many Quinn haters. I just don't get it.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Osaladin
@JJWeatherman said:
" @yousuck137 said:
" Quinn is a little punk ass bitch, and he looks like he's lost weight. Almost looks sickly. "
lol. So many Quinn haters. I just don't get it. "
He's just such a douche. That's the main reason I dislike him.  

My favorite character has and will always be Vince Masuka. (insert creepy Masuka laugh here)
seitanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By seitanic

Best lines of the episode:  

Lumen: "I mean, that guy's clearly a freak, but I don't know him." 
Dex: "No, not the bald guy. The guy beside him." 

I fucking love Masuka.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By JJWeatherman
@seitanic said:
" Best lines of the episode:  

Lumen: "I mean, that guy's clearly a freak, but I don't know him." Dex: "No, not the bald guy. The guy beside him."  I fucking love Masuka. "
xD 

Yeah, that part was great.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ninjakiller

Just confused as shit as to where the Julia Stiles plotline goes.  So she helps him kill her torturers?  Is she done then?  Or does she hunt other bad guys with Dexter?  Do they end up together?  Who knows where they're going.  

A prediction, Deb finds out what Dexter really is at the end of this season and season 6 is the last for this series.  

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By zombie2011

This season sucks so much.  

After last season i thought this season would be amazing, but so far all the episodes have sucked. It also doesn't help that i find Lumen ugly, and i don't like looking at her.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#135  Edited By Jeust
@ninjakiller said:

" Just confused as shit as to where the Julia Stiles plotline goes.  So she helps him kill her torturers?  Is she done then?  Or does she hunt other bad guys with Dexter?  Do they end up together?  Who knows where they're going.   A prediction, Deb finds out what Dexter really is at the end of this season and season 6 is the last for this series.   "

I don't believe the seasons will end at the sixth. Dexter has much uncovered ground, like: 

• Dexter finding a twin soul (i don't think Lumen has that in her)
  • Dexter's life of a single parent
  • Dexter approximation with his dead wife's sons
  • Dexter and his sister's relationship
  • Dexter being caught as a killer
  • His father Harry, as a bag full of secrets

It still has a lot of potential as a series.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ninjakiller
@Jeust said:
" @ninjakiller said:

" Just confused as shit as to where the Julia Stiles plotline goes.  So she helps him kill her torturers?  Is she done then?  Or does she hunt other bad guys with Dexter?  Do they end up together?  Who knows where they're going.   A prediction, Deb finds out what Dexter really is at the end of this season and season 6 is the last for this series.   "

I don't believe the seasons will end at the sixth. Dexter has much uncovered ground, like: 

• Dexter finding a twin soul (i don't think Lumen has that in her)
  • Dexter's life of a single parent
  • Dexter approximation with his dead wife's sons
  • Dexter and his sister's relationship
  • Dexter being caught as a killer
  • His father Harry, as a bag full of secrets

It still has a lot of potential as a series.
"
I don't know man.  This season just feels like a tired old horse compared to the fourth. 

The only plotlines on that list that interest me at all would be Deb finding out who Harry really was in regards to training Dexter.  Dexter getting caught by Deb would be half a season Deb hunting Dexter and not knowing who she was after, and the realization and her decision what to do being the last half of the season after she discovered who the serial killer really was.  Also her revisiting the events of the season 2 plotlines and her realizing Doakes was set up.   

Dexter as single parent, or playing dad again with Rita's kids I have zero interest in.  
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#137  Edited By Jeust
@ninjakiller: That would make for a very interesting scenario.

Yep, me neither at first. Still there are a lot of scenarios I hadn't find interesting at first, and with the seasons going on really surprised me. The fourth was one of them. ^^
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#138  Edited By benpack

I honestly wouldn't mind if this or the next season were the last.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Raymayne

I want Quinn to end up on Dex's table. Please God.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ninjakiller

Some thoughts on last night's ep.

The Dexter and Lumen stuff was amazing last night.     
La Guerta, it was cool to see her slime people for the sake of her career in the past, but now she can just die a horrible brutal death in my book.  
Deb, totally out of character to just lay down and take her suspension without blowing up. Maybe they're trying to show her maturing as a person, but it just felt wrong that she'd just try to lay in bed all day.  

Finally, that last scene with robocop, oh shit!

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Osaladin

Quick update, liked the episode, seems like Dexter is going to have a problem in Jordan Chase. One glaring discrepancy that I couldn't ignore and made me think of it for the rest of the episode - While Dexter was punching the douchenheimer who beats that girl, he was saying that he was punching him in the liver. This was obviously false because Dexter was punching him on the left side of his abdomen, and not his right. It really bothered me for some reason, may be because I'm a med student, but more likely because Dexter is a dude that knows the human anatomy pretty well. FOR SHAME!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Osaladin said:

" Quick update, liked the episode, seems like Dexter is going to have a problem in Jordan Chase. One glaring discrepancy that I couldn't ignore and made me think of it for the rest of the episode - While Dexter was punching the douchenheimer who beats that girl, he was saying that he was punching him in the liver. This was obviously false because Dexter was punching him on the left side of his abdomen, and not his right. It really bothered me for some reason, may be because I'm a med student, but more likely because Dexter is a dude that knows the human anatomy pretty well. FOR SHAME! "

You're right. I thought the same thing. Maybe they had it written in the script that way and they had to switch the camera angles which forced him to have to punch the dude on his other side instead... or something.  :P 

Very eventful episode though, although I'm sure many people didn't like it due to the whole Astor situation. I liked it though; it was a nice change of pace. The scene where Harry tells Dexter that he misjudged him was pretty huge. Who knows what effects that could have on Dexter's state of mind later in the series. Also, the whole part where he told Astor that he loved her. I was like, whoa son. Dexter, you're not allowed to love! 

Oh yeah, and in the scenes from next week, Dexter and Lumen are caught on tape prepping for the murder. Oh noes!
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#143  Edited By vaiz

Man, I love this part of any Dexter season. It's where shit picks up and is on at all times. Also, this week made me a Quinn fan. They'v e definitely separated him from Doakes now. His freaking out on Robocop was great. I loved the scene of Dexter beating the shit out of that dude and explaining exactly what he was doing at each stage. It had the same creepily methodical feel as his kill scenes.

I am excite for next week!

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By mylifeforAiur

It was a pretty solid episode, besides the appearance of Astor. I didn't think she could be anymore annoying, but somehow she was. Also, the baby saying "mum" was pretty silly and overly blatant. Still, Michael C. Hall is entertaining^^

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By JJWeatherman
@mylifeforAiur said:
" It was a pretty solid episode, besides the appearance of Astor. I didn't think she could be anymore annoying, but somehow she was. Also, the baby saying "mum" was pretty silly and overly blatant. Still, Michael C. Hall is entertaining^^ "
He totally said "mama". He's not a British baby!  :P
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@JJWeatherman: I stand corrected ><
fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By fishmicmuffin
@Raymayne said:
" I want Quinn to end up on Dex's table. Please God. "
After this Sunday's episode, it looks to me like it will be Liddy, not Quinn that ends up on the table. Quinn has turned out to be a good guy in my eyes. He didn't lie to Deb, he told Liddy to back off (and he was having reservations the whole time).  

Liddy has to go.
null_subject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By null_subject

Yeah, last episode was amazing in my book. At first I thought i would hate the Astor stuff, but I ended up loving it.

Liddy definitely needs to go. I don't think I've ever hated a character more.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Osaladin
@JJWeatherman: Yeah, I had a quick inhale of breath when I saw the next episode teaser. I can't wait to see how they deal with Robocop on their asses. The Astor stuff was good, I like it when Dexter has a lot on his plate, it makes him more relatable. I like how he basically turned his father's speech on Astor when he was dropping her off, and my I was quite surprised when he said, "I love you" and looked serious about it. 

"Tick Tock, that's the sound of your life running out.... take care Lumen."
MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By MisterChief

I think Robocop will kill Quinn or vice versa.