• 68 results
goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By goodwood

Having been cheated on before by a girlfriend, its hard to have respect for a person that cheats on a spouse or partner. I have lost respect for friends after hearing about them cheating on girlfriends. Having been through it, its a shitty experience. I got back with her after it and broke up again but thats another mistake for a different thread. 

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By FesteringNeon
@jmrwacko said:
"A temple may be sacred, until someone tears down the walls, spits on the floor, and shits in the coffers. "
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By zombie2011
@Roundtree_X said:
" @PrimeSynergy said:

" @DanielJW said:

" It's only as sacred as the love in it. Marriage can be a cold, green card grabbing institution, or it can be awesome. All marriages certainly are not sacred.  "
Wise words good sir. I do believe marriage was intended to be sacred, but like most good things it became corrupted. It's sad, but that's the world we live in. "
Agreed.... "
"The world we live in?" Marriage has never been sacred going as far back as you want. Marriage was mostly implemented to secure bloodlines to keep power and wealth for only an elite few. Don't blame it on recent generations for ruining something that was never great. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#54  Edited By natetodamax

No. It's two people saying wearing a ring and living together.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By skrutop

Nope.  Not at all.
 Nope.  Not at all.
twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By twillfast

Marrige has been made a representation of an act of love, but is merely a legal contract. And legal contracts aren't sacred.
And on the subject of love - that's not sacred either. In my opinion the only thing that is sacred in the relationship between human beings is trust.

Whether you're friends, lovers or a married couple, breaking one's trust is by far the worst thing I can think of.

LordMaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By LordMaiden

I've been married for six years. What's the point of the question?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

After I watched my parents get a divorce, I don't believe it is anymore in these modern days.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Bruce

In our era, hell no. However, it depends on the person.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By frankfartmouth

@cspanick 

I feel for you, dude. And your mom too. Nothing hurts more than having a spouse fuck you over like that. My ex-wife did it to me in a foul, stooping manner, and it really sucks. She left me because I've developed health problems that have made life difficult (turns out she had her fingers crossed on the whole "sickness and in health" part). Pretty fucked up, huh? I guess having the shitbomb drop on us like that so early in our marriage, and us being so young, she decided she didn't want to go down that road, so she ran off with this douchebag from her work. Didn't even have the decency to fuck around on me with a respectable guy.  Cold shit. It does make you wonder how the world can prop itself up with such prurient self-interest at play.  

That being said, I don't know if I'd say that the religious/political institution of marriage is sacred, but the general value of trust is. If you make a promise to be there for somebody, and then you suddenly renege because you can't wait to stick your dick in something else (or have a new one stuck in you), you're pretty low.  

Hopefully your dad will see the error of his ways and you can somewhat patch things up. Might seem impossible right now, and it may indeed never happen, but carrying around resentment like that can really eat you up. I'm not preaching at you or anything--some grudges are worth bearing, for sure--I just hate seeing that kind of stuff go on between father and son, probably because my own relationship with my father has been strained.  

Jesus. Getting deep for a Tuesday morning here. Good luck man.
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By NoXious

Should you cheat while you are married? No.
Should marriage last forever? No.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By ApertureSilence

Marriage is a social contract. That is all. 

Since there is no such thing as divinity, there is no such thing as sanctity.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I believe its sacred. The things said here about 'more social world' is just an excuse. Please excuse the sentences that are about to follow, if they offend. I don't think your dad cheated solely because he met someone interesting. He was married to your mom for 21 years before he did anything. Clearly something happened in their relationship which enabled him to cheat. Something in the relationship made him feel far from your mom. I think its clear, since he came back, but the situation wasn't fixed. Thus he just went and did it again. I'm not justifying his actions, you should never cheat, in a marriage or not. However, I am quite certain this issue is more complex then him just being a pig. 

Also, burning bridges is never a good idea. You should try to reconcile before things get too bad.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By simian

I'm of the mind that Marriage are just a title and are up there with 'Worlds Greatest Grandpa" coffee mugs. I know couples that have been together for 20+ years that aren't married and I've known couples that were only married 3 months.
Also I would have empathy with the Dad in this situation the first time it occurred. The 2nd time removes any consideration I would have had for his situation and place him in the dickbag category. Of course we don't know his side of the story so we can't really render a final judgement but going by what was said I'd say that the poster is better off without him in their lives.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By krazy_kyle

You shouldn't get married in the first place if you don't think you can hold it down for the rest of your life. If you cheat on your spouse your just evil.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By Jeust
@Skytylz said:

"No, it's not right. "

It isn't right, but marriage is more of a moral accord between two people than anything else. It works only when two people have the common goal of making it stand, when that fails it crumbles like a deck of cards. 
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By halberdierv2

marriage is sacred, but pretty much no one nowadays considers it to be, unfortunately.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By super_machine

That is a messed up story. I can sort of relate as my Wife just left me last month. It had nothing to do with cheating. She just doesnt think we have romantic chemistry. Such is life.