Nasharoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Nasharoo

The podcasts i listen to cover a wide range of topics. I'll try and summarise:

Adam & Joe: Previously mentioned, general hilarity mixed with music. Probably my favourite podcast.

The Danny Baker Show: Bizarre show that is meant to be about sports but rarely is. He has some excellent guests and gets the to tell some brilliant stories. Callers in are usually great too.

Drum and Bass Arena podcast: Does what it says on the tin.

Fighting Talk: Sports show were panellists debate the weeks sport. Very Very funny.

Giant Bombcast: I believe you will know what this is.

Clips of the week: The best bloopers etc from the nations "Favourite" commercial radio station TalkSport

Infinite Monkey Cage: This I highly recommend. It's quite irregular but great. It's a science show hosted by Prof Brian Cox (Very clever man) with some incredible guests. Usually they have a theme for every podcast and it's fascinating to listen too. It's not up it's own arse either and pretty funny, kinda like QI.

Radio 1 review show: Funny review of some of the recent releases. Radio 1 though so pretty commercial stuff. Although some times an obscure song gets through and teh reactions are usually brilliant.

Ricky Gervais Podcast: Probably the Godfather of all podcasts. You must listen to this, both the recent and the xfm ones/ Sheer brilliance.

Spurs Show: Podcast dedicated to my one true Love, Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Danny Wallace Podcast: Radio show hosted by the brilliant Danny Wallace, who has written some hilarious books (Yes Man, Friends Like these, Join Me etc). Really enjoyable and funny.

The YogPod: Back before Minecraft, the Yogscast was a small channel devoted to mainly WOW vids. The Yogpods are some of the funniest things you will ever listen to. They are essentially to fellas chatting absolute shite, but it's joyous to listen to.

Erm, so yeah, that's my list.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

The bugle

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By intro

1. The Adam Carolla Podcast

2. Giant Bombcast

3. My Brother My Brother and Me

4. Stop Podcasting Yourself

R.I.P. Joystiq's Xbox 360 Fancast :( I miss Xav, Dave, Richard, Xander and Dustin.

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

My Brother My Brother and Me, Rooster Teeth Podcast, Laser Time Podcast, Weekend Confirmed, Rebel FM, and Throwing Shade.

And, of course, the Giant Bombcast.

duxstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By duxstar

I'll post a couple that haven't been mentioned and might be different than just comedy/video games.

First with all the MBMBAM love I'm suprised no one mention In Case of Emergency, it's got Griffin Mcelroy on it and they go over "doomsday" scenario's and talk about how to "survive" in a very tongue and cheek manner. It's not on mbmbam level though.

As far as sports goes I prefer Bill Simmons (I know a super popular one) but it's definitely somewhat funny and tends to appeal to me even when the subject doesn't (like talk about Baseball).

Football Today has alot of insight into the football world and seems like its hosted by a really cool guy who played for about 6 years, but wasn't an all star by any stretch of the imagination provides some good insight into how a player thinks sometimes.

Judge John Hodgeman is pretty good and generally has me cracking up (a comedy podcast); in general i suggest you at least try most of the maximumfun.org podcasts.

Hope you guys enjoy some of them, i have about 80 saved on my phone but the ones that get the most rotation are MBMBAM, The bombcast, Weekend Confirmed, Radio Free Nintendo, Football Today and Bill Simmons

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By kogasu
  • Weekend Confirmed
  • Hate-bit Podcast(Pretty great, recently started Youtube podcast for metalhead gamers)

I also like to watch Revision 3 shows or I guess you could say video podcasts as well?? My favorites are:

• Totally Rad Show
  • Film Riot
  • Film State
  • Lifehacker
  • io9: We Come From the Future
  • Scam School
  • Hak5
hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By hoossy

@BeachThunder said:

Only things I listen to are Radiolab and Stuff You Should Know.

Thumbs up...

But, if you go down that road, no love for This American Life? or Snap Judgement or The Moth

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By ch3burashka

RIP Talkradar, the best fucking gaming podcast in the history of podcasts.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#109  Edited By BeachThunder

@hoossy said:

@BeachThunder said:

Only things I listen to are Radiolab and Stuff You Should Know.

Thumbs up...

But, if you go down that road, no love for This American Life? or Snap Judgement or The Moth

=( I've never listened to any of them; I suppose I really should get around to checking out This American Life, a lot of people seem to recommend it in threads like this.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Football Weekly

Spill.com a couple of cold ones and lets do this!

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By MrJorOwe

Jim and Eddie talkin' shit. Although Eddie Ifft is a bit of an asshole. The Champs with Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher is also good too, and probably easier to get into as they are not assholes.

As for gaming podcasts, Gamers With Jobs is nice and relaxed. Stage Clear and Gamewank are also good. Though Stage Clear have not done anything since late 2010, and Gamewank make one about once a month at most.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By leinad44

Bombcast, Spill.com, Radiolab and We're Alive are the only podcasts I listen to. And they are great.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By gearhead

DRUNK TANK/ Rooster Teeth Podcast

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#115  Edited By MocBucket62
@leinad44: Yes to Spill.com and the Bombcast! Best podcasts I've listened to on the internet. Need to check out We're alive though.
aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#116  Edited By aurahack

I need to come back in here and give props to those who suggested The Comedy Button. It's very quickly become my new favorite podcast. I can't stop listening to it. So brilliant.

wonboodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By wonboodoo

Favorite Games Podcasts:

• CAGCast: Really likeable cast
  • 8-4 Play: Mark McD is a great host, and the other guys (and girl) are likeable too
  • Besties: The funniest collection of gaming podcast hosts out there
  • Giant Bomb: You've probably heard this one
  • Idle Thumbs: Irregular, but most like GFW Radio of anything out there in terms of interesting ways of looking at games

Favorite Non-Game Podcasts:

• Quarter to Three Movie Podcast: These guys love their movies and are all very likeable. Tom Chick is probably the best podcast host out there, Christian Mc ... Mc ... Mc knows and loves his movies, and Kelly Wand is hilarious
  • Frontline: Really great documentaries.
  • RadioLab: A very likeable approach of discussing various scientific topics

I listen to these too but wouldn't classify them as favorites:

• Three Moves Ahead: Only if either Tom Chick and/or Bruce Geryk are guests. I don't care for the hosts much. Rob is too low energy and Troy is grating.
  • Weekend Confirmed: They take games too seriously these days for a group that doesn't have the insight of Idle Thumbs or GFW Radio. Garnett is a good host though, and Jeff Cannata is always funny and likeable
  • Planet Money: A good quick bite on economics topics
  • Gamers With Jobs: Not bad, but getting a bit old these days
  • Quarter to Three Games Podcast: Not as good as their movie podcast. Tom Chick is great, but unfortunately his partner is too low energy and doesn't contribute much.
  • Totally Rad Show: Good for short reviews but lacks depth due to the time constraint
  • This American Life: Some shows are awesome, others are very mediocre. A lot of repeats.

Podcasts I once listened to regularly but stopped because they ended up losing freshness and generally becoming boring: Joystiq, Drunken Gamers Radio, RebelFM, GeekBox, MBMBAM.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#119  Edited By Kidavenger

@wonboodoo said:

• 8-4 Play: Mark McD is a great host, and the other guys (and girl) are likeable too

I never heard of 8-4 Play before they came here, but I must say they are quickly becoming one of my favorites.

mot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By mot
  • Red Bar Radio - The best comedy talk show I've ever come across
  • Rebel FM - Some of the GFW Radio crew from 1up and many other hosts/guests make for a great comedy/video game podcast
  • Radiolab - Usual NPR kind of awesomeness, covers a wide variety of very awesome and interesting topics
  • StarTalk - Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson's (from Daily Show fame) podcast about the universe
  • Wreckless Media Radio - Another excellently funny comedy talk show similar to Red Bar
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#121  Edited By BeachThunder

Finally got around to listening to Mysterious Universe, thanks to people that suggested it ^__^

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By predator
Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lasertime podcast is consistently entertaining and seems tailored exactly to me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By penguindust

Weekend Confirmed, CAGcast, and the Bombcast.

• Orange Lounge Radio. Coming up on it's 10th year of production! It started as a weekly webcast and can still be heard every Sunday night at 9PM Pacific. Three hosts talk about the weeks news, what they've been playin', upcoming releases, etc... the personalities of the hosts are what make this one so appealing to me.
  • This Podcast Stinks (aka The Tony Kornheiser Show). "Mr Tony" uses sports to talk about his life, politics, the arts and whatever else is on his mind. The curmudgeon from ESPN's Pardon the Interruption has his own daily talk show replete with a regular cast of commentators and call-in guests.
sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By sean2206

I listen to the Bombcast of course along with a podcast of ice and fire and the bolied leather audio hour (and occasionally try out a few other ice and fire podcasts) when they update. Along with the tested podcast and every now and then the Screwattack podcast Sidescrollers although not in a while now.

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By novadth

If anyone hasn't listened to My Brother, My Brother and Me, you need to change that immediately.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#127  Edited By KillyDarko

I don't have any favourite podcasts per se, but lately I've been listening to Roguelike Radio a bunch.

TorpidCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TorpidCat

According the the podcast app I use (Doggcatcher on Android) I listen to The Comedy Button, Podcast Beyond, Game Scoop, Knockin' Boots, 8-4 Play, Stuff you Should Know, The Moth, Rebel FM, The Geekbox and Retronauts. Though out of them my favourites are (Aside from the Bombcast, which is my overall favourite) Podcast Beyond, Knockin' Boots and The Comedy Button. Though obviously I like 'em all!

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Burzmali

The Flop House is one of the funniest podcasts I've ever listened to. Three guys watch a bad movie and then talk about it. Before you think they're copying How Did This Get Made, they've been doing it since 2007 (iirc). The first dozen or so episodes don't have great audio quality, but they're all well worth listening to. Two of the guys write for the Daily Show and they often have other Daily Show people on when one of the main three is out. Just get all of them and start at the beginning. You won't be disappointed.

Other than that and the Bombcast, I personally listen to:

• This American Life - Stories about interesting people and things
  • RadioLab - Awesome science stuff
  • Stuff You Should Know - Two guys talk about one topic in a really entertaining way
  • The Comedy Button - Already mentioned by others, old GFW guys
  • The Geekbox - Ryan Scott from GFW, a guy who works for Natsume, a comic book store owner, and usually a woman of the games industry talk about geek-ish stuff
  • The Bugle - John Oliver and some other British guy basically do an audio version of the Daily Show
  • Good Job Brain - Trivia podcast
  • Superego - Humor skits that often have some popular comedians
  • The Moth - Stories told by celebs and non-celebs
  • Doug Loves Movies - Doug Benson plays movie quiz-ish games with special guests
  • We're Alive - Radio-drama-ish zombie podcast that's pretty well-done
dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By dfsvegas

The Adam Carolla Show, Comedy Bang Bang, The Nerdist, The Bugle. All comedy podcasts, but all different, and all very good in my opinion.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Harkat

Rankin Radio. A bizarre mix of toilet humor, bass music (that's dubstep, electro Drum And Bass, etc) personal anecdotes and comedy interviews with famous dubstep producers. It's hosted by producer-DJ High Rankin and it's absolutely fucking hilarious.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#132  Edited By Lazyaza