Game of Thrones Season 4 - The Thread

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By roboculus92

I thought it was pretty good. It's always nice to see them slow things down and spend some more time focusing on particular characters (like what they did in the Blackwater episode, though I understand it can be difficult to do considering how many damn characters they have). I was spoiled by what happens so it didn't surprise me as much as it likely would have but it was still entertaining to watch.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By ripelivejam

well that was quick, though i guess it gives them some breathing room for the rest of the season.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#153  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

PEOPLE MAKING ALL SORTS OF INTERESTING PREDICTIONS IN THIS THREAD. HUMMMMMMM.

By the way, to the people saying his death wasn't "satisfying" enough: do you really think this is meant to be an emotional conclusion? The episode ended on that cliffhanger for a reason; murder will not beget solidarity. Though I suppose I have already resigned myself to the weirdness of millions of people loudly celebrating the death of a (fictional) person.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#154  Edited By TheHT

Shit, watching it again I think Cersei just shot right up to prime suspect. She told Maester Pycell to leave the wedding and throw away all of the leftovers.

She can get rid of Tyrion by blaming him and use the incident to distance herself from the Tyrells, perhaps even getting out of an arranged marriage, and she'll get to remain queen regent. She made it clear before how much she loved Joffrey, in spite of how terrible she might recognize him to be. Does she love him enough to give away her power? I'd say so. But to give away her power and also lose that son to a young, beautiful, smart, and powerful woman that she hates, while also being married off to that woman's brother? Perhaps she sees Joffrey as lost, one way or the other.

Feels like a stretch, but she stands to gain a lot from it, and it is after all Cersei we're talking about. The same Cersei that was going to poison her other son Tommen back at the Blackwater. Different battle, different son, same tactic?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why has noone mentioned the absolutely epic comeback Loras pulled on Jamie ? =D

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#156  Edited By Seikenfreak

K another post. Just going to spoiler block all this to make it easy.

I will say I kinda knew something was going to happen because it doesn't matter how much people try to not spoil stuff, all you have to do is see a single word or two and immediately your brain runs wild trying to figure how and why. In this case it was just the words Royal Wedding I bet. People being like "oo yea game of thrones got a thing for weddings" or some shit and just that can ruin crap. So knowing this, as soon as they cut to the wedding ceremony, I went on high-as-fuck alert. My heart was racing for that whole like last 15 mins of the episode waiting.. waiting.. for something to happen. From where? Why? How?

Anyway, my money is on the pie as that seems to be the not-as-obvious obvious choice. My mother is all simple like that, immediately thinking its the wine because he was drinking the wine and the scene made such a big deal out of the goblet and poisoning via drink is probably a more common thing in peoples minds I'd guess. But really, he was stuffin his face with the pie. Joffrey's stupid ass killed a bunch of doves with his slick sword cuttin which leaves a bloody mess in the pie which may be some symbolism. The new Queen chick (can't think of her name.. great tits and kinda cute) seems to abruptly call in the pie. He was the only person who ate it. That High Garden (whatever they called) family doesn't seem to give a damn about the Lannisters and don't like them. They also seem very politically motivated. But I don't see any motivation for them to pin it on Tyrion. Perhaps that was an unintended side effect.

My only other angle at the moment is Cersi which someone above already wrote out pretty well. But is she selfish enough to kill her son? I don't know.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#157  Edited By butano

God what a great episode. And some good fellow posted the ending scene on YouTube.

Rewatched it like 7 times already.... Soooooo satisfying.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So for those wondering who did it and how...

Pay attention to Sansa's necklace during the chapel wedding scene. Specifically her upper left most jewel (Sansa's left, our right). They do a good job keeping it almost out of camera, but in the scene were she remarks to Tyrion "We have a new Queen" you can see it currently there. Fast forward to wedding celebration, and The Queen of Thorns comforting Sansa. You see her fiddle with one of the gems on the necklace after quickly handling her hair. Next scene where we get a frontal view of Sansa, the upper left gem is gone. It makes sense, seeing that The Fool gave her the necklace, and at the end of the commotion is shown to clearly be playing some part in the scheme of things (the scheme being one of my favorite things in the series).

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#164  Edited By mike

Be careful about posting spoilers in plain text, especially for an episode that just showed a few hours ago.

Remember that many people may click on the newest post button to read this topic, causing them to jump right to your spoiler. Don't be a jerk about it, if you're posting something major from a recent episode or something that people won't want to read by mistake, do everyone a favor and use spoiler tags. This isn't a suggestion, it is specifically spelled out in the rules. Thank you.

The user who posted a major spoiler in the form of an image in plain view has been dealt with appropriately. In addition, all of his subsequent posts about the matter (and suggesting that others stop using spoiler blocks altogether) and those quoting him have been deleted.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

that was anticlimactic.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By Ravelle

Joff's wedding was adapted perfectly, even with the knowledge the tension and awkwardness hit home.

I am curious and a bit worried about Bran's story, they seem to be boost his progress with the whole three greenseeing.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pigeon pie is a bit dry. Classic.......................

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Simpsons did it

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So for those wondering who did it and how...

Pay attention to Sansa's necklace during the chapel wedding scene. Specifically her upper left most jewel (Sansa's left, our right). They do a good job keeping it almost out of camera, but in the scene were she remarks to Tyrion "We have a new Queen" you can see it currently there. Fast forward to wedding celebration, and The Queen of Thorns comforting Sansa. You see her fiddle with one of the gems on the necklace after quickly handling her hair. Next scene where we get a frontal view of Sansa, the upper left gem is gone. It makes sense, seeing that The Fool gave her the necklace, and at the end of the commotion is shown to clearly be playing some part in the scheme of things (the scheme being one of my favorite things in the series).

HAHA yes I loved how they actually showed that! I was watching for that the entire time, it was so awesome!

PEOPLE MAKING ALL SORTS OF INTERESTING PREDICTIONS IN THIS THREAD. HUMMMMMMM.

By the way, to the people saying his death wasn't "satisfying" enough: do you really think this is meant to be an emotional conclusion? The episode ended on that cliffhanger for a reason; murder will not beget solidarity. Though I suppose I have already resigned myself to the weirdness of millions of people loudly celebrating the death of a (fictional) person.

Exactly. Many story arcs for the rest of this season should be dealing with the shitshow that is the ripples of last night's episode. It's gonna be a good season. They ended it basically with the audience thinking "shit's gonna go down".

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#171  Edited By TheHT

Alright... maybe Cersei telling off Pycell was just her trying to exert some power for the sake of it. He's still at the wedding during the five kings performance. But trying to kill Tommen with poison before seems like a big point. The Queen of Thorns having been the one to pay for all the food makes her too obvious, like Tyrion with the dagger. Too easy.

I thought it might've been the pie considering how Margaery was stuffing it down his face and that he'd already had a bunch of wine but not the pie. If it was the cup it could be that Sansa or Margaery slipped something in, given that they were the only others to have touched the goblet. Unless someone off-screen did something or I missed something else in the background.

Both of them look like they could've dropped something in when they came into contact with it. Dunno why Sansa would do it unless, well, I guess getting revenge for the Red Wedding is good enough a motive. Man, they did a real good job of making a buncha people seem like they could've and would've done it. Of course, being a complete shit-head to everyone means a lot of people might want to do you in.

Hell, maybe even Tywin. I always had a feeling he'd do it. Save the Lannisters from potentially losing their control of the iron throne. Probably not though. Some people put out Oberyn as a suspect but I don't see it. He seems like a direct fellow, one who deals with those he has a problem with, he's got his sights on the Mountain and Tywin. Fuck, what if it really was Tyrion? That would be kinda... anticlimactic.

Ugh, next week can't come fast enough. I shoulda waited a week and watched both episodes back-to-back. I got a real bad feeling about Shae too. Okay, no more wild theories from me. I gotta say though, that looked like a real fuckin rotten way to go. Yeesh.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've said on the show before that poison is a woman's weapon. My bet is Queen of Thorns.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Shookems

@dudeglove: Yep.

From some wiki summarizing chapter 25 from the first book:

When Ned suggests that Jon Arryn could have been poisoned, the Grand Maester rebuffs him, asking who would do such a thing. Ned replies that he has heard poison is a woman’s weapon. Pycelle replies that poison is the preferred weapon of women, cravens, and eunuchs. He continues by telling Ned that Varys was born a slave in Lys, and that Ned shouldn’t trust him. Ned scarcely needs reminding, as he already has a bad feeling about Varys.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Anyone else finds a bit ironic -- considering that people are revelling in Joffery's death -- that the highest rated episodes are almost always the bloodiest?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By xyzygy

@theht: But the conditions for Cersei wanting to poison Tommon were much different than if she theoretically wanted to poison Joffrey. She was thinking back to the raid on Kings Landing years before, and how The Mountain and others came and raped and killed everyone. The reason why she was going to poison Tommen was because she didn't want him to suffer that fate - she would rather him die before any of that happens in the case they lost the war. Basically, she didn't want another repeat of what happened to Elia and her son.

Cersei is many things, but she is above all a very protective mother. She wasn't just gonna kill Tommen for the hell of it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Oh hey, that happened on the show. Cool. I hope y'all are ready for Oberyn vs Gregor Clegane

McDayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey, that happened on the show. Cool. I hope y'all are ready for Oberyn vs Gregor Clegane

I may need to head to a tv with HBO just for that episode.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy who plays Joffery (Jack Gleeson) is great at being a scumbag, he reminds me of every single asshole bully or higher then thou manager ever, what a great performance that guy gives to make everyone hate him so much. Latest episode Thhhhhpoilers past this point. There are rumors he wants to quit acting now that his role is done, that seems like a shame with how great he was in GOT but at least he gave such a fantastic performance before going! Also the death face he was making was great, pretty sickening effects they used.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By altairre

I haven't read the books and managed to avoid spoilers for this episode but you could sense that something was coming. I thought the episode did a great job of building up tension and I was at the edge of my seat way before anything happened. I'm actually a bit surprised by what happened because like Sansa said the worst people live the longest but that rule doesn't hold up when it comes to GoT apparently. I also thought the death itself was well done and the poison effects were kind of fucked up. In no way am I disappointed that he only choked to death because as much as I wanted to see him die, his death itself is satisfaction enough. I don't need to see him tortured or sliced up into little pieces. I'm really looking forward to the following events. Tyrion is in a bit of a predicament now.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@seikenfreak: Don't discount your mother's theories out-of-hand.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Last night's episode was great. I couldn't believe how much they crammed into an hour. I really liked the scene at the Dreadfort. A similar scene happens in the book when Roose returns home, minus the close shave. I don't remember how Reek learns of Robb Stark's death in the book but that was a great way to do it. I'm interested to see how the Locke character (dude who cut off Jaime's hand) plays out, considering in the book this character just stays at Harrenhal and ends up tortured and dead. His hunt for the Stark heirs could be interesting.

I love the entire scene with Bronn and Jaime. Every scene with Bronn so far this season has been great, and I liked his explanation of how he found a secluded place to sword fight. This is another great change from the book since Jaime trains with Ser Ilyn Payne and I could really care less about that dude.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested to see how the Locke character (dude who cut off Jaime's hand) plays out, considering in the book this character just stays at Harrenhal and ends up tortured and dead. His hunt for the Stark heirs could be interesting.

So THAT's why I was having trouble figuring out he was was... he's just some guy they made for the show and is supposed to replace Vargo Hoat. Makes sense now.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: Yeah, I don't think anyone has even said his name in the show. I think Jaime just calls him "Roose Bolton's Goat" at some point. I'm guessing there's going to be some kind of revenge plot where Jaime tracks this guy down before he can find Rickon. If Locke actually goes to Castle Black looking for Starks, I can't imagine that ending well for him either.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By SlashDance

The spoiler tags are super confusing in this thread. I don't know what's show spoiler and what's book spoiler.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaggydude: Huh? Rickon? What does Jaime have to do with Rickon... It's Davos who's sent to track Rickon down if I'm not mistaken. Brienne finds Jaime and tell her that she "found Sansa" and that's the last we heard from him.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Aegon

@slashdance said:

The spoiler tags are super confusing in this thread. I don't know what's show spoiler and what's book spoiler.

Ok, I'll edit this into the opening post.

From now on, if your spoiler tags concern the books, write in parenthesis up to which book you're spoiling.

e.g. (Book 3 spoilers), (All book spoilers), (Dunk and Egg vol.2 spoilers), etc.

If you're covering the most recent episode's kills and what not, write in parentheses "(Spoilers ep __)"

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Marcsman

What I cannot seem to remember in the show is. Who the heck went off with Rickon when Bran & him separated? They didn't send that little kid off with just a direwolf, or did they?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Aegon

@marcsman said:

What I cannot seem to remember in the show is. Who the heck went off with Rickon when Bran & him separated? They didn't send that little kid off with just a direwolf, or did they?

Osha the Wildling. Same as in the books.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

Rickon's off with Osha i do believe.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My entire post = Season 4 Episode 2 spoilers. Do NOT CLICK if you did not watch.

Great episode, I spent the last 3 minutes clapping until my hands got sore.

Then Cersei accused Tyrion of poising Joffrey, and I remembered that this show has Prison Break-like fallacies where THE GUY HOLDING THE CUP DID THE POISONING! DERRRP! Seize him, write about it in the morning paper, the man is FINISHED because the king told him to be his cup bearer.

But I guess this show represents the pettiness of old-school royalty and their completely random and unjustified accusations and persecutions of innocent people, which the masses blindly rally behind, so I guess it makes sense.

I leave you with this wonderful memory:

'sup.
'sup.

I got carried away saying the exact same thing here that my, admittedly spam-like, posts were deleted. So now I just read like one out of every 10 posts, it's really a shame that the spoilers aspect of this thread is completely random and unorganized.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Book spoiler

Is this season finally gonna reveal Victarion Greyjoy?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

Book spoiler

That's hard to judge until we get a Greyjoy scene.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Marcsman

@aegon said:

@marcsman said:

Book spoiler

They really are behind on the whole Greyjoy family. Balon dies after King Renly and before King Robb. In fact King Robb makes a will legitimizing Jon Snow because of Balon's death.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally forgot that was happening. I'm considering re-reading the books because it's been so long, but at the same time, I like being surprised.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By shaggydude

@xyzygy: Roose sends Locke off to find either one of the stark boys. Rickon is still in the North at this point while Bran is now beyond the wall. I just meant that Jaime or someone loyal to the Lannisters might take Locke's head before he can complete his mission.

You're right about the book's events, but the show is totally deviated at this point when you're talking about how things might play out with Jaime, Brienne, Gendry, and even the Hound had a big deviation in episode 1 (In the book, The Hound get's injured in that fight and Arya helps patch him up. Then she robs him of his money and horse and heads to Saltpans alone). Just the fact that Roose knows the Stark children are alive is waaaaay different than the books events.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

Why has noone mentioned the absolutely epic comeback Loras pulled on Jamie ? =D

Gave me a satisfying chuckle! "...and neither will you." *pat on the armor*

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@marcsman said:

Book spoiler

We first need a Kingsmoot.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

@aegon said:

@marcsman said:

Book spoiler

We first need a Kingsmoot.

Technically we need Balon to die first. He was quite alive at the end of Season 3.