GiantBomb Mod Idol?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By Red12b
@Bruce said:
" @TheMustacheHero:   There are a ton of mods, just not many of them seem to patrol the boards. "
Yeah but there are forum mods and Wiki mods they tend to play their parts seperatley.
@Jeffsekai said:
"I feel like everyone's complaints are because of one topic people are having fun with. "

No there needs to be at least one more mod, and for seperate reasons other than this on Blog
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By choffy21

The more mods the better. Just because there are new mods doesn't mean there are more rules. It simply means things will be better controlled. Last Saturday (I believe) was a perfect example where new mods would have been awesome. It seemed like there was a horde of trolls, and I remember reading a post saying that most of the mods were away.

Mods are the sole thing that keep this community from turning into what we left. They do a great job, and as long as they pick someone who doesn't abuse their power, things can only get better.

Obviously, that means you should pick me to be a new mod, seeing as I am the most civil, unbiased and popular member on these forums.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@MB said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" I think the mods do a fine job for the amount of them that are around, I think the site could do some good use with 1-2 more mods, hoping they don't abuse the power and beat use with sticks. "
Some people pay good money for that sort of treatment, you know. "
I guess once in a while doesn't hurt anyone ; )
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#104  Edited By mracoon

I think there's enough mods already but I'd like it if they were more consistent in their actions.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By dbz1995
@Bucketdeth said:
" @MasturbatingBear said:
" I dont understand. "
He's unofficially choosing the next  mod, or someone is.  I'm in, I totally can sing and dance. "
Michael Mcintyre reference...?

DanielJW seems to be on all the effin time. Theres also that other guy with the chronicles of riddick: assault on dark athena picture...CL60? Can't remember the name.

Also, Chuck Norris.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#106  Edited By citizenkane
@mracoon said:

" I think there's enough mods already but I'd like it if they were more consistent in their actions. "

Care to explain?

I'm not bashing you.  I seriously want to know where the problems are so we can better help the community.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By mracoon
@CitizenKane said:
" @mracoon said:

" I think there's enough mods already but I'd like it if they were more consistent in their actions. "

Care to explain?  I'm not bashing you.  I seriously want to know where the problems are so we can better help the community. "
It's just that I get frustrated when I see users who have been with the site for a long time and have contributed a lot to it getting treated harshly and being bad when at the same time I see users who constantly post spam threads being shown a great deal of leniency.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By CL60
@Hamz said:
" So the one trend I've noticed with posts in this topic is that a majority of folks feel that the site could benefit from having more moderators, I assume this is specifically for moderating the forums and not the wiki? Or would people like to see an increased level of activity or numbers moderating both areas?  I'm open to suggestions and feedback on this! "
I'm just thinking we could benefit from more forum mods, with the increase of activity, and the increase of spam topics it would help keep it more under control.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By dbz1995
@CL60 said:
" @Hamz said:
" So the one trend I've noticed with posts in this topic is that a majority of folks feel that the site could benefit from having more moderators, I assume this is specifically for moderating the forums and not the wiki? Or would people like to see an increased level of activity or numbers moderating both areas?  I'm open to suggestions and feedback on this! "
I'm just thinking we could benefit from more forum mods, with the increase of activity, and the increase of spam topics it would help keep it more under control. "
THERE HE IS! RIDDICK DUDE! 

Youre my second choice.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Hamz
@mracoon: Various crimes have various punishments. I'm fairly certain I know exactly who and what you're talking about specifically, and I'm going to be blunt here and not consider opening this discussion with you. But simply remind you we don't make more harsh decisions on a whim, a lot of thought goes into them first :)
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By citizenkane

It's true.  The rest of the mods and myself engage in a long winded debate in the Mod Cave with our cigars, top hats and monocles, sitting in large red chairs with dark Mahogany end tables around a marble fireplace that depicts the Trojan War. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By CL60
@CitizenKane said:
" It's true.  The rest of the mods and myself engage in a long winded debate in the Mod Cave with our cigars, top hats and monocles, sitting in large red chairs with dark Mahogany end tables around a marble fireplace that depicts the Trojan War.  "
Not gonna lie, that sounds amazing.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mracoon
@Hamz: I know that and I don't think there's any point on going on about an issue that is in the past now and is most likely isn't going to change. The thread asked whether there should be new moderators and I don't think that there should. I just feel that in some instances the mods seem to make erratic decisions. On the whole they're great and you guys do a great job keeping the forums running smoothly and getting rid of the junk. 
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By Fallen189
@CitizenKane said:
" @mracoon said:

Care to explain?  I'm not bashing you.  I seriously want to know where the problems are so we can better help the community. "
Favouritism I think. I disclosed something to a mod a while ago in confidence, but he told the person almost immediately after, which I think is pretty crass.

Current mods are fine.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By CL60
@mracoon said:

" @Hamz: I know that and I don't think there's any point on going on about an issue that is in the past now and is most likely isn't going to change. The thread asked whether there should be new moderators and I don't think that there should. I just feel that in some instances the mods seem to make erratic decisions. On the whole they're great and you guys do a great job keeping the forums running smoothly and getting rid of the junk.  "

Yes they do a great job at getting rid of the junk, but at certain times no mods are on at all and spam topics and troll topics are left up, we could all benefit from a few more mods, if not a few only one.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Hamz: Both areas preferably but perhaps more emphasis on the forums since the second the mods are gone the forums really go down the shitter at times. One or two more should be enough. Not that you guys are doing a bad job of course but you guys can't be online all the time to babysit us.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#117  Edited By Pie
@Johnny5 said:
" IRC isnt so bad, if more people stopped by, it'd be better. :P  In regards to the mod issue, looking at the spread of mod activity over different timezones is a given. "
Help me johny5! Wallace banned me and now my shoe horn is over reacting! (could you unban me good friend?)
turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By turbo_toaster

My vote goes to ValkyrieGoddess as well :3

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#119  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Bruce said:
" @TheMustacheHero:   There are a ton of mods, just not many of them seem to patrol the boards. "
I think you're talking about the wiki mods, who aren't forum mods.
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#120  Edited By dethfish

I think RHCPfan24 and Br3adfan would be pretty good forum mods. Actually, there is quite a few people who would do a good job.

If only BoG were here. You'd never need another mod.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By citizenkane
@Dethfish77:  Or is BoG really gone?!?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By CL60
@CitizenKane said:
" @Dethfish77:  Or is BoG really gone?!? "
The plot thickens.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#123  Edited By beargirl1
@MasturbatingBear said:
" @Black_Rose said:
" Govermentcheese "
afuckingreed. "
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#124  Edited By dethfish
@CL60 said:

" @CitizenKane said:

" @Dethfish77:  Or is BoG really gone?!? "

The plot thickens. "
 He'll always been in our hearts. Our bonds are what connect us and they can never be broken.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#125  Edited By breadfan
@CL60 said:
 @CitizenKane said:
" @Dethfish77:  Or is BoG really gone?!? 
The plot thickens. 
I heard he was abducted by the aliens who also have been running experiments on Jeff and Vinny
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By citizenkane
@CL60: Oh, you have no idea just how far down the rabbit hole goes. 
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Hamz: I think there needs to be one more mod handling the forums. As for the wiki, I think they have it under control.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Pie

His name was EndoGene and he made me a kick ass icon

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Shazam

People have mentioned the idea of a female moderator and I would stand along Linkyshinks in putting forward ValkyrieGoddess.  

I can only really speak of myself but I haven't had too many bad experiences on GiantBomb regarding my gender and fellow posters reaction to it. The majority of forum users would maybe throw a few gender related jokes out there but I expect and even welcome that.  Some debating and discussion with a mix of banter and harmless fun is what makes these forums so great to be apart of.  However, when the jokes get too sexual or sexist, it just needs to be nipped in the bud. A moderator needs to step in and say when enough is enough. Of course the current moderators are perfectly capable of doing so *cowers in fear*. I just think a female would have more understanding of what the gender line is and when exactly it has been crossed. 

As for the previously mentioned topic "Modelling Gig Tomorrow", the female poster deserves none of your pity. She let down her fellow female posters. There are so few of us and I feel like most of us have developed a good enough reputation. But creating a topic that promises "provocative" modelling pictures ?? I have neither the time or the inclination to say how disgusted I am by it, suffice to say I think she is an attention seeking .... little miss. The abusive posts she received were well deserved, as I said in the actual topic - if you play with fire you are going to get burned. 

But I do really really think ValkyrieGoddess should be seriously considered as a candidate. A multitude of perspectives is always good.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Pie
@Shazam said:
" People have mentioned the idea of a female moderator and I would stand along Linkyshinks in putting forward ValkyrieGoddess. 
BUT SHED BAN ME WITHIN AN INSTANT!
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Shazam
@Pie said:
" @Shazam said:
" People have mentioned the idea of a female moderator and I would stand along Linkyshinks in putting forward ValkyrieGoddess. 
BUT SHED BAN ME WITHIN AN INSTANT! "
No she wouldn't Pie, if there is one thing that unites both males and females together it's tasty,tasty Pie ! Plus, any comments you do make are made in good humor, unlike some involving certain orifices and what to stick in them.
Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#132  Edited By Psyx2

I've been noticing an increase in trolls and spam lately, so yes, some new mods would be great. Also some users take some "jokes" way too far, as Shazam noted... Some people here just act like 8 year olds whenever someone on GiantBomb happens to be a girl.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Pie
@Shazam said:

No she wouldn't Pie, if there is one thing that unites both males and females together it's tasty,tasty Pie !
 Did you just call Valkyrie Goddess a lesbian?

Worries that he crossed a line
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#134  Edited By Jayge_

Uh... 

No. 

Nobody. Seriously. Who in this community would make a good mod? I really don't know. 

Edit: I'm announcing my candidacy, btw. 

For president. 

in 2026.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By CL60
@Jayge: In all seriousness though. We could really use a few more mods.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need at least one more forum mod 
Seriously a female mod would be good for a couple of reasons 
Well anyway, I'd like to be a mod, and Im on the site a lot, but I probably wouldn't be great at it

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ververdan0226

I have a question for the mods. And keep in mind this is entirely hypothetical. 

If you had a short list of candidates for new possible moderator positions, who would be on it do you think?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#138  Edited By mike
@ververdan0226 said:
If you had a short list of candidates for new possible moderator positions, who would be on it do you think? "
No one that suggested that they themselves would make a good moderator or that "threw their name into the hat."

But really, we aren't going to answer that. Like I said earlier we were already working on something before this thread even popped up.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ververdan0226
@MB: That's fine. I'll be interested to see what happens with GB's moderators in the future.  :)
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#140  Edited By DanielJW
@MB said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
If you had a short list of candidates for new possible moderator positions, who would be on it do you think? "
No one that suggested that they themselves would make a good moderator or that "threw their name into the hat."  But really, we aren't going to answer that. Like I said earlier we were already working on something before this thread even popped up. "
Good to hear. ^_^
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't believe people actually want moar mods....especially when most of us are here due to strict mids from other websites 

i see a cycle...

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By breadfan
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" i can't believe people actually want moar mods....especially when most of us are here due to strict mids from other websites  i see a cycle... "
I never had any trouble with mods on other sites.  Follow the rules and bad things wont happen.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By FrankCanada97
@lilburtonboy7489: Most of us came here because of the strict mods? I came because of the mediocre editorial staff. I guess I'm in the minority then.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By choffy21
@MB said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
No one that suggested that they themselves would make a good moderator or that "threw their name into the hat."  But really, we aren't going to answer that. Like I said earlier we were already working on something before this thread even popped up. "
You mean to tell me you think I'd make a bad mod?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Br3adfan said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
" i can't believe people actually want moar mods....especially when most of us are here due to strict mids from other websites  i see a cycle... "
I never had any trouble with mods on other sites.  Follow the rules and bad things wont happen. "
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @lilburtonboy7489: Most of us came here because of the strict mods? I came because of the mediocre editorial staff. I guess I'm in the minority then. "
I can guarantee that at least 50% of the people here got banned from gamespot.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By breadfan
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Br3adfan said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
I never had any trouble with mods on other sites.  Follow the rules and bad things wont happen. "
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @lilburtonboy7489: Most of us came here because of the strict mods? I came because of the mediocre editorial staff. I guess I'm in the minority then. "
I can guarantee that at least 50% of the people here got banned from gamespot. "
That would be about 25,000 users.  I would like to think that Giant Bomb is more than just a refuge for banned users from other websites
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#147  Edited By sjschmidt93

It's fine the way it is.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By mikemcn
@ArchScabby said:
"the guy who posted the longest thread title challenge want more mods????  okay then.... "

Hes an ex con who wants his Giant Bomb life back on track.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#149  Edited By RHCPfan24

I don't think any of us necessarily would make great mods; the position is demanding and I know the majority of us here wouldn't be able to handle it. That being said, I would like to see more activity from the current mods with the recent influx of user activity that has brought spam or just unnecessary topics. But MB says they are working on something so I will wait and see.

@Pie said:

" His name was EndoGene and he made me a kick ass icon "

My name is Endogene......my name is Endogene......my name was Endogene......good times.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Mikemcn said:
" @ArchScabby said:
"the guy who posted the longest thread title challenge want more mods????  okay then.... "
Hes an ex con who wants his Giant Bomb life back on track. "
Word brutha I come from da streets! I'm an old washed up hero, I got into some trouble and now I need to make sure it don't happen again like dat ya know?