GiantBomb Mod Idol?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Csaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Csaint
@DanielJW said:
" @calidan777 said:
" I vote for me, cuz im awesome. "
That was really funny to read, especially after Hamz's big, well thought out post.  "
This.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#202  Edited By GreggD

Holy shit...I just read all seven pages, and I just...Holy shit.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#203  Edited By Claude
As Hamz said, let the powers that be decide.

This site is a privilege. I partake like I'm out with friends. If I'm belligerent, my ass can be taken away and put in the can for disorderly conduct. A kind word to act better helps too.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By Origina1Penguin

You know, I don't hate the sex card being played as much as the race card, but this thread is leveling the playing field.  Moderators don't see everything, and even if they do see something they can't tell how it makes everyone feel.  If a user or thread makes you genuinely uncomfortable, then contact a mod to take care of it.  I don't think they'll say "Fuck you, pussy jokes are funny.  I will do absolutely nothing about it."  If you believe a mod is not doing their job [well], then let them know and then a GB staff member if it continues.  That's what I would do anyways.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Linkyshinks

There is only so far I'll accept someone becoming increasingly more aggressive before I'll remind them to calm down

Increasingly aggressive :?, you moderators sure do have a like for twisting the Moose. I am perfectly calm in all my replies, as I say earlier, I'm simply stating how I see things on this site right now in a blunt fashion. 

That quote is from you, in reply to a female member who - just - joined the forum.    *claps*

it's my way of pointing out how ridiculous the moderation can be on this site, it's no way a personal attack against you, it's simply an example of how even the most decent of mods, who have good intentions, that's you. can still show how tactless they are in dealing with situations and members appropriately. 

We cannot moderate what we do not see. And we moderate at our own discretion. This is not a site that has ever intended to be strict with the way we monitor and run the community here and it likely never will be. The Staff have made it perfectly clear to us (the mods) they don't wish to see this site become as restrictive as other sites have become over the years. It is their website and we simply enforce the will of the Staff where needed.

I feel there is a severe lack of understanding here that if no one reports things to us, how do you expect us to fix the problems? The recent topic regarding a female user willing to provide semi nude photos of herself turned into a frat boy party and I don't disagree with it. But what else do you expect when you go onto the internet and into a community made up of largely horny teenage boys and say you'll be posting some revealing photos to the site for them? It's like coating yourself in blood and jumping into shark infested water, expect to be bitten.

Where have I heard this lame wrap before...nobody here wants to see this site turn into that, and certainly not me, you bring that shit up like it's something I would want...it's a lame ploy man, everyone here knows how liberal I am on most things. What I hope for is in no way in conflict with that - [ . ]

I simply want to see far better moderation in respect to sexually vulgar commentary, and sexist commentary directed at females here. Why does commentary have to be directed at a particular female member before it's considered offensive in the eyes of the moderating team? It should make no fucking difference at all!. I have seen moderators post directly after such sexist and sexually vulgar commentary frequently on this forum, and they take no action what so ever. I have not seen this happen on any other site that has a EO policy, so I find it baffling, as do moderators elsewhere. It's almost like some do not wish to kick up a fuss among male members...who already dislike some of you intently. I am not one of these members, I have no time for petty vendetta BS.

On the issue of that thread. I think its speaks volumes about GB moderation, lol. You collectively thought it was OK to keep the thread open despite the numerous vulgar replies, simply because you found it funny as males!. No consideration at all was applied to how long standing female members of this site may feel about you allowing this member. who could well be male!, to do so. Nothing at all was wrong with her OP, everything was wrong in the replies you guys seemed to applaud and encourage by keeping it open. She did not court such commentary, nothing in her OP warranted some of the disgusting replies she received,  What ensued was is a prime reflection of your team.

Good luck with making changes that are clearly needed here.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Linkyshinks said:
"@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

Or maybe there are so few females here for the same reason there'd be so few straight dudes if this were a shoe forum, apart from Gerstmann. "Largely because of the moderation," yahaha - you must be fucking delusional. There were so few females here from day 0, before the first moderation keystroke. It's a videogame forum geared towards male 20 something's.

Listen, if you make a "I'm a semi nude female model" thread on this forum, knowing what it is, and you don't get people busting your [possibly nonexistent] balls it doesn't mean this forum isn't sexist, it means it's full of bland fuckfaces... that would be a sad day for this forum. That thread was kept open for that very reason.  Vulgar posts are directed at anyone, male or female, vapid enough to post such a thread... they should be.

How often do you parade around the forum advertising your hairy nutsack? How do I know you're not female? I don't. If you go out of your way to let everyone know you're packing a crotchfull of white hot pussy for the sake of letting everyone know you're packing a crotchfull of white hot pussy - that makes you an attention whore and a tired internet cliche.  You don't see Snider making "I'm so piss drunk I can't stand" topics every afternoon (even though there's isn't a person on this forum who doesn't know he is,) and if he did it would be appropriate for the posts in that thread to bust his balls about being so drunk on a daily basis before 11AM.  If you spend your time on a forum pulling your digital pants down and sticking your ass in the faces of other members because you want so badly for them to notice what's going on down there people should point that fact that you're an idiot, that's called calling a spade a spade. 

And the fact that you tracked down a female moderator on Gamespot and showed her that thread seems wicked friggin weird man, that's odd behavior.... As odd as what goes on in these forums being a "hot topic" over anywhere is pathetic. "

"Tracked down", she's a member of this site, she simply chooses not to visit or post on the forums for the reasons I mention clearly above.  

"odd behaviour" - coming from you, lol.  

For your information there were many female members on this site when it started, but that's dwindling fast, at almost comical pace. I'm doing my utmost to keep the few that remain still here, despite what's obvious to them.    How many times have you edited that post...  "

That's not true, at all.  There isn't some mass exodus of female members, that's fucking ridiculous. Female members aren't leaving any faster than any other part of the forum's original member base, and it's a completely natural flow. No forum retains every original member as an active contributor. I can list about 7,000 people that registered here a year and some change ago that no longer post, and what female members specifically make up your "dwindling" population?  The only thing comical is claiming that because of the lack of tight assed moderation tactics this site is somehow holding a huge line of female members behind the door. The proportion of males to females here isn't any different than it was from day 1... it's a fucking video game forum, they're going to be a tiny, tiny minority regardless of how this place is moderated. 

You obsession with the gender breakdown of this place's userbase is fucking strange. If every female member wore a cloth star it would be a lot easier to keep track of  all of them. 

If some dopey slampig posts a "HEY LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT A VAGINA" thread of course she's going to catch shit. It's an asinine, worthless topic. Part of the appeal of this forum is the fact that it's loosely moderated, otherwise it becomes no different than the 10 million other video game forums that require permission to sneeze. And I edited that post at least one thousand times.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Linkyshinks

If I were to let you into the mass PM the female members on this site have, for conclusive proof of all that I say, I fear they would leave this site a whole lot quicker, lol.

BiffMcBlumpkin:   

Part of the appeal of this forum is the fact that it's loosely moderated.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#208  Edited By Xeiphyer
@MB: OK! I have a solution, replace all the mods with super sexy strippers!! Nobody is going to troll forums where strippers are the mods!
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By masternater27

I came in hoping we were having a karaoke contest to become the next mod.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Linkyshinks said:
"If I were to let you into the mass PM the female members on this site have, for conclusive proof of all that I say, I fear they would leave this site a whole lot quicker, lol.

"
This obsession of yours is 110% creepy and strange. 
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#211  Edited By Hamz
@Linkyshinks: 

First things first, I'm bullet pointing and @replying because the thought of extra long quotes in a back-and-forth discussion seems unnecessary.

• That comment from me that you quoted I have apologised for above if it did offend someone, however no complaints were made at the time (or since its posting) and thus I felt the intended humour of it was clearly apparent to all.
  • The moment a comment (sexual, sexist, racist, insulting etc) is directed at someone personally it instantly becomes an issue that the poster is intending to offend, pick on and single out an individual to make them feel bad. That is something we will not accept here. However making a general statement we'll leave until someone complains to us directly and then we shall investigate. If someone doesn't complain to us about a generalised statement another user posts, then we can only assume no one was offended. If people refuse to take the extra step to contact the moderators about things, we cannot be expected to help them or to investigate an issue. Something this topic originally was trying to address, there are times of day when questionable content is posted and no moderators are online. Yet in the very same instance we receive no flags or PMs notifying us about this content. So how do you propose I deal with an issue that occurred while I was asleep or at work if I only get online hours after it originally occurred if no one contacts me?
  • The reason no moderator takes action against questionable remarks, or possible sexist remarks, would be because either they have not been contacted directly about it and thus assume no one has found it offensive or that they assume the continued existence of the post means if another moderator did see it, they didn't feel it needed removal. If we are contacted directly with a link to a post that someone is offended by or found questionable then we will pursue the information and deal with it accordingly. However if a comment is made and no one has directly complained and the comment is not obviously in breach of our rules (ie. using racist terms, insulting terminology, direct threats or basic flames to insight disruption etc) we will likely leave it. Then of course there is the case that sometimes we just miss the post, sometimes we just fire a quick reply into a topic and move on without a second glance. We're human, we don't scrutinise every post, every piece of content. That is why we rely heavily on our community to aid us in that situation.
  • Whether moderators on other websites approve or disapprove of our methods and policies enforced here doesn't concern me. Neither should it concern anyone else. Let them continue to moderate their site(s) the way they feel best and let us do the same. Every site is different, every site moderates differently just like every country has varying laws and rules compared to the one beside them.
  • Every moderator's primary duty is to support and help the staff that run the site they moderate for and make sure what the staff want gets done the way the staff want it too. A moderator's secondary duty is to protect the community from external and internal threats (dramatic wording, but you get the idea). If we weren't keen on kicking up a fuss with male members of the community then why would we not hesitate in moderating them? I think you'll find recent events are proof enough that no matter who they are, every user is treated equally and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Again you bring up the issue that we apparently moderate or treat users differently based on their gender. An absurd claim. I've banned, suspended and warned users equally regardless of gender in the past on not just this site but others as well. I think it is fair to say a majority of them have been male, you may now accuse me of showing female users more leniency than male users.
  • If anyone found that topic funny, they did so because their sense of humour found it funny. Not their genetic make-up and sexual organs. Just because I have a penis and testicles alongside an XY chromosome make-up does not mean I instantly find sexist remarks humorous and I'm sure the same can be said for any other male on the forum. So please refrain from trying to connect everything that is said or done back to someone's gender.
  • If someone signs up to this site and states they are male or female or transgender etc who are we to question it? It is not only rude to accuse someone of lying, but also likely offensive to question someone about such a thing as well. The only time we would question someone's personal details is if a user states they are younger than 13 years of age.
  • The topic was left open because there is a certain amount of accountability placed in a topic creators lap. If you create a topic stating "Pie is better than Cake!" expect to receive backlash from the Cake lovers. Creating a topic and stating you'll be posing in a photoshoot and posting pictures of it later means you should expect to receive numerous sexual, sexist and other forms of responses. If you feel offended by them then contact a moderator to have them looked at and removed if necessary. If you don't contact us we can only assume no offence was taken.
  • This site does have equal opportunity for everyone. If people don't complain we can't help. If we receive no complaints we assume it is 'business as usual' and no one is having a hard time. If people cannot read between the lines when browsing the forum and continue to take everything as verbatim then clearly they need to relax somewhat. A vast majority of confrontations over the internet occur because people find it difficult to see the sarcasm, humour or other emotion in the blank and lifeless text. The medium is a difficult one to use effectively to portray reason, emotion and so forth. I feel correct when I say, I think some are taking this entire situation far too seriously and in some ways becoming childish.

To be quite frank, blunt and to the point. This site follows a utilitarian moral code, we try our best to cater to the majority and have always tried to not make the minority feel ignored, we do our best with what we have to the greatest of our ability. But we refuse to turn this site into one where political correctness reigns supreme and people post in fear of being moderated, fear of offending someone or fear of just being themselves. I don't want users walking on eggshells when they post and neither do I want users feeling continually offended. 

I would say simply that if you do not like the way the site is run, and this goes to everyone, then perhaps this site is not for you. We do our best and if our best is not good enough then please feel free to leave. Because frankly I am not too bothered. You say there is a mass exodus of female users from the site, so clearly they have decided to leave, what more can I say to make them stay?

Let us be honest here. The simple truth is one female user was passed over for a moderation position. She now has a grudge, for that I apologise. But there are many users on this site who have been passed over for a moderator position and many more that will likely never be considered. That sadly is the way things work out.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#212  Edited By Claude

No Caption Provided
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#213  Edited By Lies
@Hamz: 

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Johnny5

Stating that we should have a female mod just for the sake of it is simply the most sexist shit I have heard all year and its an insult to to any of the mods that put in a lot of effort daily. 

There is a problem with females on the site, I admit. However this is probably because a lot of guys have shit all social skills or don't know how to interact with females. The best solution I can think of is the decent guys set and example and dont let that shit fly when it happens quite plainly and clearly.  If you feel an innapropriate comment has been made please report it to a mod. Otherwise, you can't expect them to act on it unless its outright obvious.

One last final note I want to bring up is that  I see females appealing to these douche guys by attention whoring and pretty much damaging the female image just as much as sexist comments do. You know the type, constantly reminding people they are a gamer gurl and not letting go of it. 

This is a valid discussion so I'm very up for talking about it.

Avatar image for the_purgatory_station
the_purgatory_station

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never understood the hoopla around being a mod.  what something to put on the ol' resume/CV?   the best pick up line at the bars?  hey, i'm a mod you know.  <shrugs>  i don't know.  

all modding does is gives you more stress from your everday life and... oh i don't know say... maybe go Gabe Newell on your once finely crafted blog, filled w/ excellent hands-on impressions of games and such, beautifully integrated with UK/European comedy.  (i still don't know what a Muppet is.)  :)

but hey, everyone has different tastes right?  have fun modding or attempting to be one i guess. 

now where's that new jakob187 material...  ahh, there it is
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Linkyshinks

@ Hamz 

Not again...totally skipping your cut n paste job from the GB moderators handbook, which means absolutely nothing to me based on your teamsactual practiceof enforcing the rules here on this site. Onto the subject of that thread....Bullshit!!, it was blatently kept open for nothing more that your frat-boy amusement. there was no concern for any respectful member that came across that thread. On the evidence of mod posts, you all found a great degree pleasure to be found in the sexually vulgar commentary directed at her. It was a clear case of males dogging a female member, if you cannot see that then it only confirms what I think.  

It really is quite the little frat-boy club mentality that your team have going right now. in my eyes a bunch of little boys having fun exerting power. Have fun with it, your a team of jokers Hamz.  

O' I'm absolutely sure your not bothered, that's my whole fricking point, your totally oblivious, you fail to see any wrong doing on your part, as far as your concerned you've all been moderating this site in a professional fashion, when in fact it's been far from professional. What I see the GB moderating team trying to lamely imitate the GB team, at the cost of required levels of moderation and EO for all. 

edit:

PS: This has little to do with that, this has been a long on going issue way before that blatant palm-off from you. 

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#217  Edited By Black_Rose
@Lies said:
" @Hamz: 
  "
Oh lol
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By SpecTackle
@Black_Rose said:
" @Lies said:
" @Hamz: 
  "
Oh lol "
Sexist picture. Not a single woman in sight.
Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#219  Edited By Caddy

Wow, at first I thought this whole "MODS ARE SEXIST" thing was a joke....How pathetic.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#220  Edited By mike
@Linkyshinks said:
 It really is quite the little frat-boy club mentality that your team have going right now. in my eyes a bunch of little boys having fun exerting power. Have fun with it, your a team of jokers Hamz.  

Dude, it's a site powered by booze and pancakes. Take a chill pill.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#221  Edited By zeforgotten
@MB said:
" @Linkyshinks said:

Dude, it's a site powered by booze and pancakes. Take a chill pill. "
So what you're asking people to do is mix pills with alcohol?  
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By mike
@ZeForgotten said:
" So what you're asking people to do is mix pills with alcohol?   "
Only if there is a warning label on the prescription bottle specifically warning one not to do so. Then it's game on.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Fallen189

Linkyshinks has single handedly ruined the image of all the female members on the website now.

Thanks dickhead, for implying we NEED your help.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Red12b

My god, I go to work and I come back to this! 

Far out man, I am at a loss for words,  

Just as an observer I think that all three of you Haha even Biff made sense,  

I could but I am not going to post something as it has pretty much been thrashed out in this thread already. 

Let's see if we can all get out of this stronger as a community ae? 

Now let's stop the bickering and play some fucking games!
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By mike
@Fallen189 said:
" Linkyshinks has single handedly ruined the image of all the female members on the website now.  Thanks dickhead, for implying we NEED your help. "
But...obviously all females are utterly helpless and need a man to speak for them. Right? Oh wait...
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By zeforgotten
@MB said:
Only if there is a warning label on the prescription bottle specifically warning one not to do so. Then it's game on. "
Sweet, wanna join me? :P
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Fallen189
@MB said:
" @Fallen189 said:
" Linkyshinks has single handedly ruined the image of all the female members on the website now.  Thanks dickhead, for implying we NEED your help. "
But...obviously all females are utterly helpless and need a man to speak for them. Right? Oh wait... "
Well, I'm too busy putting on my nail polish to defend myself on a VIDEO GAME MESSAGE BOARD, so thank God some white knight took it upon himself to make sure all the bad men on the internet can't make fun of me.

To clarify: It's fucking insulting. Women don't need overzealous guys to stick up for them. Congratulations on single handedly ostracizing the entire female userbase by insinuating that we're all power hungry and need a female mod.

What will their title be? "Moderator of nasty comments"?
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By rallier
@Fallen189 said:
" @MB said:
" @Fallen189 said:
But...obviously all females are utterly helpless and need a man to speak for them. Right? Oh wait... "
Well, I'm too busy putting on my nail polish to defend myself on a VIDEO GAME MESSAGE BOARD, so thank God some white knight took it upon himself to make sure all the bad men on the internet can't make fun of me.  To clarify: It's fucking insulting. Women don't need overzealous guys to stick up for them. Congratulations on single handedly ostracizing the entire female userbase by insinuating that we're all power hungry and need a female mod.  What will their title be? "Moderator of nasty comments"? "
I'm pretty sure that the other female members who commented on this thread agreed with him though.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Fallen189 said:

Nobody implied anything of the sort, Mr Twat.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By zeforgotten
@Linkyshinks said:
" @Fallen189 said:
 Nobody implied anything of the sort, Mr Twat. "
Yes you did, Fallen said so. So you did! 
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Rallier said:

" @Fallen189 said:

" @MB said:

" @Fallen189 said:

Well, I'm too busy putting on my nail polish to defend myself on a VIDEO GAME MESSAGE BOARD, so thank God some white knight took it upon himself to make sure all the bad men on the internet can't make fun of me.  To clarify: It's fucking insulting. Women don't need overzealous guys to stick up for them. Congratulations on single handedly ostracizing the entire female userbase by insinuating that we're all power hungry and need a female mod.  What will their title be? "Moderator of nasty comments"? "
I'm pretty sure that the other female members who commented on this thread agreed with him though. "

I've have been in contact with them over this for the past year, not that the dumb little twat who poses as a female member would know. She, is not part of the female members of Giant Bomb PM for a good reason, that being Fallen has a dirty smeg covered northern cock.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Fallen189

No Caption Provided
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Red12b
@Linkyshinks:
Jesus mate, Calm down,  

@everyone, Let's play some fucking games, Geez!
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Red12b said:

" @Linkyshinks: Jesus mate, Calm down,     @everyone, Let's play some fucking games, Geez! "

I am :) My reply is perfectly appropriate given the circumstances dude. from what I hear, this Fallen dude, is on the IRC trolling the fuck out of me with similar language.  

There's no way in hell that Fallen is female lol, I grasped that almost instantly, he's simply yet another one of the strange users that poses as female and posts a female portrait in his profile. He's using the fact he's listed as a female, as a platform to troll me, despite all the females of Giant Bomb actually agreeing with me.  

Nuff said :)

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Fallen189

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
:(
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By SpecTackle

Fallen is certainly a dude. And I'm grateful for that, many laughs have been had over this fact.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Red12b
@Linkyshinks: 

Look, it's not that I don't agree with you about some Users going over a line, And not in this instance either,  
But unless you have seen a pair of teste's on fallen then that's your answer innit. 
Although Jackob has pointed out a good point about seeing things at face value,  

But Fallen does have a point,  you may be in contact with all female users but it does not defeat the point of you acting all white knight,  
They do have a voice, Or should I say keyboard, Use it, another thing from this thread is if their is something that bothers you then flag it,  

I do not want to get into an argument with anybody, I am just stating how I feel, 

In my experience I think the Mod's we do have do an excellent job with what they work with, Considering it is loosely ruled over, No Iron fists, that is a hard middle ground to work on,  
I guess we have users who post sexist remarks and most of the users do not get offended at it, so they don't flag it, so the Mod's cant magically sense it, 

I know that the thread in question was commented on by Mod's and inside there was alot of remarks but it was kind of deserved, I just don't believe she actually posted the pictures,  
This is from the front page of that thread before it got nasty. 

@Ms_Chivios: 

Hahaha, This thread is win, 

Best of luck, to you, But i would reconsider putting risque shots up, But that's just my opinion, 

Just one thing you are awfully new to the site, You have embraced it fast eh? 
Hope it all goes well :)      

So I told her not to post them, So did alot of other users, I guess we were right,  
As has already been thrashed to death, It is a VG website, the second day you sign up don't announce you're gonna put scantily clad pics up.
Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Johnny5

Im in IRC 24/7 and I haven't seen Fallen come in and talk about you at all. Fallen came in here maybe once or twice before weeks ago.

Linkyshinks why do you only seem to be targeting the mods? Even if they lock the threads, that wont change people. The community she be more repsonsible and not allowing dumb shit like that to go on would be a good start. I guess you've got the right idea but you're being a bit overzealous.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Fallen189
@Johnny5 said:
" Im in IRC 24/7 and I haven't seen Fallen come in and talk about you at all. Fallen came in here maybe once or twice before weeks ago.  Linkyshinks why do you only seem to be targeting the mods? Even if they lock the threads, that wont change people. The community she be more repsonsible and not allowing dumb shit like that to go on would be a good start. I guess you've got the right idea but you're being a bit overzealous. "
So he can be a martyr when it gets locked or he gets banned :)
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By mike
@ColumnBreaker said:
" Fallen is certainly a dude. And I'm grateful for that, many laughs have been had over this fact. "
What difference does it make, though? It's the internet and we are on a video game website. I really don't care and don't want to know what sex people are.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By SpecTackle
@MB said:
" @ColumnBreaker said:
" Fallen is certainly a dude. And I'm grateful for that, many laughs have been had over this fact. "
What difference does it make, though? It's the internet and we are on a video game website. I really don't care and don't want to know what sex people are. "
I don't care either, but when someone blatantly flaunts themselves as being a gender they're not, particularly in the defense of the gender they're not, it's a little creepy but a lot funny to me.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#242  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MB said:

" @ColumnBreaker said:

What difference does it make, though? It's the internet and we are on a video game website. I really don't care and don't want to know what sex people are. "
haha i was thinking the exact same thing when i refreshed the page and found MB reading my thoughts.  

Touché    
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Red12b
@Johnny5:
Exactly,  

@Linkyshinks:      
Mate, It seems you have a beef with the Mod's when you really should direct some of your insights to the community itself.      
Something that this site promotes is that it does not take stuff seriously, Including moderations, Except when necessary, As I said earlier, They work in a really tough middle ground,
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Red12b
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @MB said:

" @ColumnBreaker said:

haha i was thinking the exact same thing when i refreshed the page and found MB reading my thoughts.    Touché     "

I know right, I mean come on, why can't we all just,,,,,Get along. 
Does it matter what gender you are No, That is why there is an other. 
I know there are few females on GB but I don't really see why you need to defend them, They can defend themselves if necessary, At the end of the day if you see something that offends you or you think may offend others then Flag it, God how many times has this been said. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By mike
@Red12b said:
At the end of the day if you see something that offends you or you think may offend others then Flag it, God how many times has this been said.  "
This may interest you. Linkyshinks' comments in this thread (and others) caused me spend some time looking through the last few months of flagged comments, searching for specific usernames. For a group of individuals that are supposedly constantly offended by sexism on Giant Bomb, they sure don't flag posts very often, if ever. We don't get private messages complaining about such behavior, either. Really the only time it's ever even brought up is by Linkyshinks. Something is definitely wrong with this picture, but I can't quite put my finger on it yet.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Red12b said:

" @Linkyshinks: 

Look, it's not that I don't agree with you about some Users going over a line, And not in this instance either,  
But unless you have seen a pair of teste's on fallen then that's your answer innit. 
Although Jackob has pointed out a good point about seeing things at face value,  

But Fallen does have a point,  you may be in contact with all female users but it does not defeat the point of you acting all white knight,  
They do have a voice, Or should I say keyboard, Use it, another thing from this thread is if their is something that bothers you then flag it,  

I do not want to get into an argument with anybody, I am just stating how I feel, 

In my experience I think the Mod's we do have do an excellent job with what they work with, Considering it is loosely ruled over, No Iron fists, that is a hard middle ground to work on,  
I guess we have users who post sexist remarks and most of the users do not get offended at it, so they don't flag it, so the Mod's cant magically sense it, 

I know that the thread in question was commented on by Mod's and inside there was alot of remarks but it was kind of deserved, I just don't believe she actually posted the pictures,  
This is from the front page of that thread before it got nasty. 

@Ms_Chivios: 

Hahaha, This thread is win, 

Best of luck, to you, But i would reconsider putting risque shots up, But that's just my opinion, 

Just one thing you are awfully new to the site, You have embraced it fast eh? 
Hope it all goes well :)      

So I told her not to post them, So did alot of other users, I guess we were right,  As has already been thrashed to death, It is a VG website, the second day you sign up don't announce you're gonna put scantily clad pics up. "

I don't speak for the females, I speak for myself, I dislike seeing such sexually vulgar commentary directed at women here, as do other male members with a similar level of maturity, it genuinely makes me feel ashamed to be a part of this community, What transpired in recent threads has been disgusting to witness as a mature adult in his 30s.  

I sincerely hope the moderation team never use this forum as some sort of Roman amphitheatre to amuse themselves, by reading sexually vulgar commentary directed at women. If it happens again I will happy say good bye to this site without a seconds thought. 

@Johnny5

said:

" Im in IRC 24/7 and I haven't seen Fallen come in and talk about you at all. Fallen came in here maybe once or twice before weeks ago.  Linkyshinks why do you only seem to be targeting the mods? Even if they lock the threads, that wont change people. The community she be more repsonsible and not allowing dumb shit like that to go on would be a good start. I guess you've got the right idea but you're being a bit overzealous. "

He's definitely been on trolling according to my source.   

Why?!, because It's the moderators role to curtail such offensive commentary, they had ample time to do so, instead they found the sexual comments directed at her funny, and kept the thread open. It's very worrying indeed, coming from a moderating team which aims to provide EO. 

In reply to a idiotic comment earlier. This is not about moderators being sexist, it's about moderators turning a blind eye to sexism. I seems I have to reiterate again, I don't dislike any of the team as individuals, but as a collective I think something is very wrong here. Examples on this forum in recent days are a prime example of why I think this why. It has very little to do with another matter which was raised by Hamz earlier, very little indeed.    

edit:

This is good for the forum ultimately, airing some dirty linen which should have aired long ago is good thing, if it means these issues are addressed accordingly over a period of time, That's really all that matters to me, not being openly derisory of the moderating team!. I may well feel this way about them now collectively, but if situations are dealt with in a more professional manner in future, I will revert to back into my regular jovial self.   

This is not about me somewhow demanding a female moderator, as some foolish commentary tries to suggest. earlier  As I've said numerous times before, and in this very thread, I simply think it would help to provide some much needed balance in moderating decisions. 

That's all folks,  

Links

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Red12b
@MB: 

I am not easily offended,  
But if I see something that is spam and or flame bait I will flag it, I usually come on during your nights so there is reduced activity or I am at work, So by the time I can have a look at the forums the time has already passed,  
So it's kind of a case of well let somebody else take care of it unless it is happening at this moment,,  
Huh a bit lazy maybe,  

Again I think you all are doing a good job based on what your guidelines have stated, It's just that we as a community need to step up, Myself included, 

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Fallen189
@Linkyshinks said:
[Snip]

So, do you have proof of this, or are you just gonna keep blowing smoke?
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Hamz said:
" @Linkyshinks: 

First things first, I'm bullet pointing and @replying because the thought of extra long quotes in a back-and-forth discussion seems unnecessary.

• That comment from me that you quoted I have apologised for above if it did offend someone, however no complaints were made at the time (or since its posting) and thus I felt the intended humour of it was clearly apparent to all.
  •  Let us be honest here. The simple truth is one female user was passed over for a moderation position. She now has a grudge, for that I apologise. But there are many users on this site who have been passed over for a moderator position and many more that will likely never be considered. That sadly is the way things work out. "
 So where is my apology Hamz? I never complained because if i did i'd most likely be banned or blacklisted but i really don't care anymore.... And you seem to be misguided in you assumption that i have a grudge against anyone here.  And by the way when i do find problems here i contact a Mod to fix them, you of all people should know this.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#250  Edited By JackiJinx

@Linkyshinks:

@JackiJinx said: 

EDIT: Also, lack of female moderators = lack of females with balls on the site. Doy. "

Corrected. 

Man, I have more balls than most of the dudes on this site. That's no excuse.  

P.S. Thanks for editing this out of your previous post.