GiantBomb Mod Idol?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#251  Edited By VWGTI

lol, this is insane.

The battle between white knights and assholes.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By Linkyshinks
@JackiJinx said:
"  

@Linkyshinks:

@JackiJinx said: 

EDIT: Also, lack of female moderators = lack of females with balls on the site. Doy. "

Corrected. 

Man, I have more balls than most of the dudes on this site. That's no excuse.  

P.S. Thanks for editing this out of your previous post.

Yea, I have actually noticed :)

No problem, I thought it wise after I called you a bitch to spare myself some lite grief. 

.....she left. 

@VWGTI said:
" lol, this is insane.  The battle between white knights and assholes. "

There's no battle here, it's just a frank discussion between members, which is ultimately good for the forum. 
VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By VWGTI
@Linkyshinks: 

If you say so. This frank discussion has caused ValkyrieGoddess to leave the site.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#254  Edited By JackiJinx
@Linkyshinks: I was being sarcastic about the editing out, but I can see why that wasn't spotted.  

Being called a bitch wasn't the problem. It was the lack of acknowledgement that you did something wrong was the problem. I can handle being called a bitch.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By TheMustacheHero

What happened to my thread?! It turned into the woman's rights movement!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#256  Edited By eroticfishcake

Yeesh, what's with all the negativity people? Can't we all be friends? Pretty please?...

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By VWGTI
@TheMustacheHero: 
NO! GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By eroticfishcake
@TheMustacheHero said:
" What happened to my thread?! It turned into the woman's rights movement! "
You're precious thread! Gone! Well actually the whole forums has turned into a woman's rights movement since "that" thread came up. It's a bit upsetting really...
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By SpecTackle
@TheMustacheHero said:
" What happened to my thread?! It turned into the woman's rights movement! "
You have facial hair that incites panic and fear. THIS IS YOUR DOING!
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By Linkyshinks
@VWGTI said:
" @Linkyshinks: 

If you say so. This frank discussion has caused ValkyrieGoddess to leave the site. "

It wasn't a discussion in a thread that prompted her to leave, there were a number of reasons why...she had a rough trot since joining the forum, I'm amazed she stuck around as long as she did given what she had to endure. The GB team will know why... she told me earlier that she would send them all a message explaining exactly why she thought remaining here was untenable as female. 
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By JackiJinx
@ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Black_Rose said:

"And @ValkyrieGoddess: I refuse to believe that in all your time here you think being a woman is the reason you're not a mod "

No that is not the main reason but it is a contributing factor and i find that disheartening. And like i clearly stated above in another post to this thread that i don't really care if i am a Mod they could just as well choose JackJinx, Shazam, Virago, Erinfizz, or even Coffesash. All of us contributed to the growth of Giant Bomb so shouldn't we all be given a fair shot at being a Mod??? "
Are you out of your gourd? They pick moderators based upon the ability to do moderation, not based upon having a penis or not. For crying out loud, they can't even see my or your hooters. There is such a low ratio of women on this site alone, let alone any that have even spoken of interest in moderating. 
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#262  Edited By Fallen189

Somebody stopped using an internet website?!?!?

I am calling the newspaper with TWO PHONES.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Linkyshinks

@JackiJinx said:

" @ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Black_Rose said:

"And @ValkyrieGoddess: I refuse to believe that in all your time here you think being a woman is the reason you're not a mod "

No that is not the main reason but it is a contributing factor and i find that disheartening. And like i clearly stated above in another post to this thread that i don't really care if i am a Mod they could just as well choose JackJinx, Shazam, Virago, Erinfizz, or even Coffesash. All of us contributed to the growth of Giant Bomb so shouldn't we all be given a fair shot at being a Mod??? "
Are you out of your gourd? They pick moderators based upon the ability to do moderation, not based upon having a penis or not. For crying out loud, they can't even see my or your hooters. There is such a low ratio of women on this site alone, let alone any that have even spoken of interest in moderating.  "

I think she's well aware of that Jacki, but like she says, she believes it was a contributing factor, And so do I after seeing her extensive mod experience elsewhere, and then seeing the appointment of another male moderator so soon after they told her they were not looking for any moderators and were full.  It don't look good :)
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#264  Edited By Karmum
@Linkyshinks said:
"  
 @JackiJinx said:
" @ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Black_Rose said:

Are you out of your gourd? They pick moderators based upon the ability to do moderation, not based upon having a penis or not. For crying out loud, they can't even see my or your hooters. There is such a low ratio of women on this site alone, let alone any that have even spoken of interest in moderating.  "
  I think she's well aware of that Jacki, but like she says, she believes it was a contributing factor, And so do I after seeing her extensive mod experience elsewhere, and then seeing the appointment of another male moderator so soon after they told her they were not looking for any moderators and were full.  It don't look good :) "
Extensive mod experience elsewhere? Her? I'm sure the staff members and moderators look on other forums to see if you've been a moderator. I'm surprised this topic is still going.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#265  Edited By Pie

I WANT TO BE A MOD MUMMY!!!

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By JackiJinx
@Linkyshinks said: 
  I think she's well aware of that Jacki, but like she says, she believes it was a contributing factor, And so do I after seeing her extensive mod experience elsewhere, and then seeing the appointment of another male moderator so soon after they told her they were not looking for any moderators and were full.  It don't look good :) "
I am unaware of that situation. However, it is rather clear that although VG may be qualified, she does not come onto this site terribly often and displays quite the animosity, though in certain cases, rightly so. It's not even that animosity is the worst attribute in the world, but that it is not something that one wants for representation for a website, specifically representation that is meant to make sound judgement.

Sexism is not something to be taken lightly, but is not something that should be thrown so lightly either. There are other factors to consider than the sex of a person.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Linkyshinks
@JackiJinx said:

" @Linkyshinks said: 

I am unaware of that situation. However, it is rather clear that although VG may be qualified, she does not come onto this site terribly often and displays quite the animosity, though in certain cases, rightly so. It's not even that animosity is the worst attribute in the world, but that it is not something that one wants for representation for a website, specifically representation that is meant to make sound judgement. Sexism is not something to be taken lightly, but is not something that should be thrown so lightly either. There are other factors to consider than the sex of a person. "

I never noticed any of that myself. Who do you think this animosity was directed at?.. Do you mean the site itself : / 

edit:

It's not my role to fill you in, but consider this, perhaps if you had to deal with some of the crap she's had endure, you too would be exuding some animosity also, And maybe far more than her given the type of person you are  ; ). The fact is she was dogged constantly by male members in a very nasty fashion, and it's largely due do the behavior which is cultivated and ecouraged on these forums. Only last week there was another incident, the worst yet in my eyes, I told her to contact a mod immediately after seeing the PM, but she refused for whatever reason,  If she could not feel comfortable in contacting a moderator here, then I suppose she really did have to leave.

I will miss her, I thought she was a ray of sunshine on these forums, and I know many of my mates on this forum feel exactly the same way. 
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#268  Edited By dethfish

Yum
 Yum
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Fallen189

No Caption Provided
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By JackiJinx
@Linkyshinks said:
"  I never noticed any of that myself. Who do you think this animosity was directed at?.. Do you mean the site itself : / "
I couldn't say for certain since I am not VG. My assumption is being frustrated with the inability to do anything regarding some of the users making blatantly sexist remarks or something similar to that.
Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Caddy

This thread is officially hilarious now.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Linkyshinks
@JackiJinx said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

"  I never noticed any of that myself. Who do you think this animosity was directed at?.. Do you mean the site itself : / "

I couldn't say for certain since I am not VG. My assumption is being frustrated with the inability to do anything regarding some of the users making blatantly sexist remarks or something similar to that. "

From my edit above:

It's not my role to fill you in, but consider this, perhaps if you had to deal with some of the crap she's had endure, you too would be exuding some animosity also, And maybe far more than her given the type of person you are  ; ). The fact is she was dogged constantly by male members in a very nasty fashion, and it's due largely to the behavior which is cultivated and almost  encouraged on these forums.  Only last week there was another incident, the worst yet in my eyes, I told her to contact a mod immediately after seeing the PM, but she refused for whatever reason,  If she could not feel comfortable in contacting a moderator here, then I suppose she really did have to leave.

I will miss her, I thought she was a ray of sunshine on these forums, and I know many of my mates on this forum feel exactly the same way.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Fallen189

No Caption Provided

This is the fucking stupidest thing I've ever seen.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#274  Edited By AhmadMetallic

wuz goin on ere

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#275  Edited By citizenkane
@Linkyshinks: Please link me to this "incident" last week.  I, and I'm sure the rest of the mods, would very much like to look into it.  Or was it simply in a PM?
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By ververdan0226
@Linkyshinks: I haven't quite read through all of the discussion in this forum, only bits and pieces, but may I please ask who you are referring to when you say her? As a (now) active user of the site with over 1000 comments, I can not say I have come to know of any active female users.  

Is that a problem with the site? No, not at all. In my time on these forums, I don't think I've ever seen any blatant use of sexism. Though I myself seem to recall a thread I made with hundreds of scantily-clad women posted in it, I would hope that it is not sexism. That was never my intent and I don't feel like it came across that way. Any obvious examples of sexism should be flagged. As to this debate that's raging, I can honestly say that I'm not gonna sift through every response to this debate that has apparently popped up. It's a weird situation, eh? And I can't really place my finger on what the primary impetus of this debate is...

And though it's a website.... about videogames, I feel that it is wrong for some of you people to simply dismiss this topic. It's definitely important to discuss (even though I'm not sure why we're discussing it) because I feel GiantBomb's become about even more than games for me.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Linkyshinks

@CK

It was a PM, I don't think she would mind you seeing it as she has now left.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#278  Edited By Deusoma
@kmdrkul said:
Oh please.  I've been on the Gamespot forums for over five years now and outside of a few two day suspensions for getting unnecessarily angry (which I've done on here and got away without reprimand) I have never seen anything so bad as to warrant calling that site the devil.  It seems Giantbomb has some sort of irrational hate towards Gamespot because their precious Jeff Gerstmann had been fired by them.  The fact of the matter is thanks to the lifeless, soulless mods from Gamespot, their forums are sterile, civil, and easy to post in.  Very rarely do you get the trite troll-worthy one liners that go something like "this ____ sucks fucking ass" on Gamespot, because the numerous mods are always waiting to clean the forums of that worthless crap.  A ton of Giantbombers are guilty of abusing the leniency given by these forums and spewing their "opinions" with the grace of a retarded five year old.  "
This.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Karmum
@Deusoma said:
" @kmdrkul said:
Oh please.  I've been on the Gamespot forums for over five years now and outside of a few two day suspensions for getting unnecessarily angry (which I've done on here and got away without reprimand) I have never seen anything so bad as to warrant calling that site the devil.  It seems Giantbomb has some sort of irrational hate towards Gamespot because their precious Jeff Gerstmann had been fired by them.  The fact of the matter is thanks to the lifeless, soulless mods from Gamespot, their forums are sterile, civil, and easy to post in.  Very rarely do you get the trite troll-worthy one liners that go something like "this ____ sucks fucking ass" on Gamespot, because the numerous mods are always waiting to clean the forums of that worthless crap.  A ton of Giantbombers are guilty of abusing the leniency given by these forums and spewing their "opinions" with the grace of a retarded five year old.  "
This. "
Well, you both happen to be wrong. Because Giantbomb as a whole has nothing against Gamespot, and I'm glad everyone has gotten past the first week of the forums (if you actually were there).
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#280  Edited By AlexB
@kmdrkul said:
" We need to bring in some of the Gamespot mods.  They are jerks but at least they keep that forums' shit straight.  "
I'd rather not let satan have power on these boards too.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Karmum said:

" @Deusoma said:

" @kmdrkul said:

This. "
Well, you both happen to be wrong. Because Giantbomb as a whole has nothing against Gamespot, and I'm glad everyone has gotten past the first week of the forums (if you actually were there). "

The Gamespot stuff is for the most part all done in jest, it's simply a case of GB users slotting into a rather fitting Anti-role. 

As far as the other stuff he says, after recent events on this forum, I sadly have to agree. I never ever came to this site thinking I would look back on GS in such a way, definitely not their moderators, lol.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Karmum
@Linkyshinks: 
To each his own, but some users are just asking to be put on the front lines of getting punished.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Linkyshinks

Apart form what he says about Gamespot hate here, and saying "a ton of GB members" , in the second quote below, I think he's totally spot on, 

Oh please.  I've been on the Gamespot forums for over five years now and outside of a few two day suspensions for getting unnecessarily angry (which I've done on here and got away without reprimand) I have never seen anything so bad as to warrant calling that site the devil.  It seems Giantbomb has some sort of irrational hate towards Gamespot because their precious Jeff Gerstmann had been fired by them.  

The fact of the matter is thanks to the lifeless, soulless mods from Gamespot, their forums are sterile, civil, and easy to post in.  Very rarely do you get the trite troll-worthy one liners that go something like "this ____ sucks fucking ass" on Gamespot, because the numerous mods are always waiting to clean the forums of that worthless crap.  A ton of Giantbombers are guilty of abusing the leniency given by these forums and spewing their "opinions" with the grace of a retarded five year old.  "

A ton of Giantbombers are guilty of abusing the leniency given by these forums and spewing their "opinions" with the grace of a retarded five year old.  "

I cannot help but think he's referring to Biff character who posts in such a fashion frequently...Today I came across yet another bizarre thread of his, it consisted those most retarded spam,  which had been aged for a year, with still no lock on it, lol

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By tokyochicken

God dammit, just...God dammit.
 God dammit, just...God dammit.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Fallen189
@Linkyshinks said:
"

Apart form what he says about Gamespot hate here, and saying "a ton of GB members" , in the second quote below, I think he's totally spot on, 

Oh please.  I've been on the Gamespot forums for over five years now and outside of a few two day suspensions for getting unnecessarily angry (which I've done on here and got away without reprimand) I have never seen anything so bad as to warrant calling that site the devil.  It seems Giantbomb has some sort of irrational hate towards Gamespot because their precious Jeff Gerstmann had been fired by them.  

The fact of the matter is thanks to the lifeless, soulless mods from Gamespot, their forums are sterile, civil, and easy to post in.  Very rarely do you get the trite troll-worthy one liners that go something like "this ____ sucks fucking ass" on Gamespot, because the numerous mods are always waiting to clean the forums of that worthless crap.  A ton of Giantbombers are guilty of abusing the leniency given by these forums and spewing their "opinions" with the grace of a retarded five year old.  "

A ton of Giantbombers are guilty of abusing the leniency given by these forums and spewing their "opinions" with the grace of a retarded five year old.  "

I cannot help but think he's referring to Biff character who posts in such a fashion frequently...Today I came across yet another bizarre thread of his, it consisted those most retard spam which had been aged for a year,with still no lock on it, lol "

No Caption Provided
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By JackiJinx
@Linkyshinks said:

" From my edit above:   It's not my role to fill you in, but consider this, perhaps if you had to deal with some of the crap she's had endure, you too would be exuding some animosity also, And maybe far more than her given the type of person you are  ; ). The fact is she was dogged constantly by male members in a very nasty fashion, and it's due largely to the behavior which is cultivated and almost  encouraged on these forums.  Only last week there was another incident, the worst yet in my eyes, I told her to contact a mod immediately after seeing the PM, but she refused for whatever reason,  If she could not feel comfortable in contacting a moderator here, then I suppose she really did have to leave.  I will miss her, I thought she was a ray of sunshine on these forums, and I know many of my mates on this forum feel exactly the same way. "

...what? Did you honestly read what you posted before hitting the reply button? What makes her so much more special than I as a woman? We, both VG and me, are born with the female parts. The whole argument you had up until now was that she is experiencing sexual discrimination. Tell me how it is that she's so much more special as a woman that she gets dogged and ravaged while I, who has been a member of this site since day one have never ever  had any remotely similar experience on this website? I've experienced sexism. I know what it is. This is, more likely than not, not it. 
Amorfati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Amorfati

No, mods ruin the forums at gamespot.com.

It's worse when you know who the moderators are because then they get an ego and moderators with egoes are ever-abusive shits.

The fact of the matter is thanks to the lifeless, soulless mods from Gamespot, their forums are sterile, civil, and easy to post in.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't have more mods. "Sterile" and "civil" is a  euphemism for bland, boring and tedious. It's thanks to the leniency of the mods that there's some colour/personality in these forums.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Linkyshinks, if we work together I bet we can successfully stalk every hussy on this site.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#289  Edited By Coltonio7

lol

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Linkyshinks
@JackiJinx said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

" From my edit above:   It's not my role to fill you in, but consider this, perhaps if you had to deal with some of the crap she's had endure, you too would be exuding some animosity also, And maybe far more than her given the type of person you are  ; ). The fact is she was dogged constantly by male members in a very nasty fashion, and it's due largely to the behavior which is cultivated and almost  encouraged on these forums.  Only last week there was another incident, the worst yet in my eyes, I told her to contact a mod immediately after seeing the PM, but she refused for whatever reason,  If she could not feel comfortable in contacting a moderator here, then I suppose she really did have to leave.  I will miss her, I thought she was a ray of sunshine on these forums, and I know many of my mates on this forum feel exactly the same way. "

...what? Did you honestly read what you posted before hitting the reply button? What makes her so much more special than I as a woman? We, both VG and me, are born with the female parts. The whole argument you had up until now was that she is experiencing sexual discrimination. Tell me how it is that she's so much more special as a woman that she gets dogged and ravaged while I, who has been a member of this site since day one have never ever  had any remotely similar experience on this website? I've experienced sexism. I know what it is. This is, more likely than not, not it.  "

I was referring to the fact you have balls, as you've said earlier here.  If you were in her position, given that distinct personality difference. I could easily imagine you in animosity mode only worse than her.  Like I say earlier though, I don't think there was any animosity on her part at all, she's simply not the kind of person in my eyes.  I do though see instance where you may have come to that conclusion - that girly PM when she has posted.

@Amorfatisaid:

" No, mods ruin the forums at gamespot.com.  It's worse when you know who the moderators are because then they get an ego and moderators with egoes are ever-abusive shits. "

Maybe so, but earlier today I was actually contemplating the very same thing, despite having not read that reply from that guy until now.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#291  Edited By breadfan

This thread has headed for a very bad place

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

While Linkyshinks is distracted by posting someone should break into his house and free the girls that are almost certainly chained up in his basement.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By JackiJinx
@Linkyshinks said:

" I was referring to the fact you have balls, as you've said earlier here.  If you were in her position, given that distinct personality difference. I could easily imagine you in animosity mode only worse than her.  Like I say earlier though, I don't think there was any animosity on her part at all, she's simply not the kind of person in my eyes.  I do though see instance where you may have come to that conclusion - that girly PM when she has posted."

Right, it's a personality difference. Just because she was being treated differently from other users doesn't mean it has to do with her gender. If it was about her gender, people would be attacking me in similar ways. It's about actions and personality. It's not about vaginas just because that happens to be one portion of her body. It's not about your penis that you're defending her. 

PS, I love Biff.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#294  Edited By Hamz
@Linkyshinks said:
"I think she's well aware of that Jacki, but like she says, she believes it was a contributing factor, And so do I after seeing her extensive mod experience elsewhere, and then seeing the appointment of another male moderator so soon after they told her they were not looking for any moderators and were full.  It don't look good :) "
ValkyrieGoddess was told by myself that we were not looking for any new moderators at the present time when she contacted me. I did tell her I would keep her name in consideration for future vacancies. We had just lost Endogene and Axersia around the time she contacted me and the group felt it would be best to see how things played out with two less members on the team before making any rushed decision to replace the two moderators that stood down.

However an immediate issue needed addressing and the conclusion was that a new moderator was needed to help with the wiki portion of the site. We looked through around a dozen possible candidates, two of them female (VG being one out of that two), and ultimately as the discussion and debate with the Staff carried on we felt MattyFTM was the best choice for the position. He was chosen for various reasons and not once did he get picked solely because he is male. We felt he was the best person for the job, simple as that.

If you or ValkyrieGoddess cannot accept that decision and explanation then I'm sorry, but you are misguided. If it is any consolation the big reason she was not considered for the final position was because she is not from the UK which was a preferred requirement for that particular selection process.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Fallen189
@Hamz said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
"I think she's well aware of that Jacki, but like she says, she believes it was a contributing factor, And so do I after seeing her extensive mod experience elsewhere, and then seeing the appointment of another male moderator so soon after they told her they were not looking for any moderators and were full.  It don't look good :) "
ValkyrieGoddess was told by myself that we were not looking for any new moderators at the present time when she contacted me. I did tell her I would keep her name in consideration for future vacancies. We had just lost Endogene and Axersia around the time she contacted me and the group felt it would be best to see how things played out with two less members on the team before making any rushed decision to replace the two moderators that stood down.  However an immediate issue needed addressing and the conclusion was that a new moderator was needed to help with the wiki portion of the site. We looked through around a dozen possible candidates, two of them female (VG being one out of that two), and ultimately as the discussion and debate with the Staff carried on we felt MattyFTM was the best choice for the position. He was chosen for various reasons and not once did he get picked solely because he is male. We felt he was the best person for the job, simple as that.  If you or ValkyrieGoddess cannot accept that decision and explanation then I'm sorry, but you are misguided. If it is any consolation the big reason she was not considered for the final position was because she is not from the UK which was a preferred requirement for that particular selection process. "
BUT SHES A GIRLLLLLLLLLLL
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Linkyshinks
@JackiJinx said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

" I was referring to the fact you have balls, as you've said earlier here.  If you were in her position, given that distinct personality difference. I could easily imagine you in animosity mode only worse than her.  Like I say earlier though, I don't think there was any animosity on her part at all, she's simply not the kind of person in my eyes.  I do though see instance where you may have come to that conclusion - that girly PM when she has posted."

Right, it's a personality difference. Just because she was being treated differently from other users doesn't mean it has to do with her gender. If it was about her gender, people would be attacking me in similar ways. It's about actions and personality. It's not about vaginas just because that happens to be one portion of her body. It's not about your penis that you're defending her.  PS, I love Biff. "

Treated differently, are we on the same wavelength here? lol, you do know I am taking about the abuse inflicted upon her, not anything else. 

Let me break it down simply. If you think there was animosity on her part, which I think you are totally wrong about, all I'm saying is that it may well have had something to do with the abuse inflicted on her. You may have got the wrong impression when she was in the midst of another incident and came into that PM and spouted off, like anyone would, regardless of gender or anything else to do with personality

I'm surprised have no idea about all of this stuff she endured Jacki, I thought it was common knowledge among most of the girls, but clearly not you.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#297  Edited By Coltonio7

No Caption Provided
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By JackiJinx
@Linkyshinks: The problem here is you are unable to see past her gender or mine. There is no common woman experience as there is no common man experience. Whatever she may have "endured" is very, very, very unlikely to do with her gender. There's nothing more to say than that.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#299  Edited By Hamz
@Linkyshinks: I find it odd that you seem to be talking on behalf of all these female users on Giant Bomb and yet the only one to actually come out in agreement with you is the one female user. Please sir, if there is indeed a number of group PMs going around the site which you have stated there is and that you are a member of, then add me into them.

If these female users truly do have strong complaints but won't contact the moderators then the moderators will contact them. So please, add me to these PMs so I can evaluate the issues myself.

Because frankly this misguided crusade of yours is beginning to become tiresome.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Hamz said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
ValkyrieGoddess was told by myself that we were not looking for any new moderators at the present time when she contacted me. I did tell her I would keep her name in consideration for future vacancies. We had just lost Endogene and Axersia around the time she contacted me and the group felt it would be best to see how things played out with two less members on the team before making any rushed decision to replace the two moderators that stood down.  However an immediate issue needed addressing and the conclusion was that a new moderator was needed to help with the wiki portion of the site. We looked through around a dozen possible candidates, two of them female (VG being one out of that two), and ultimately as the discussion and debate with the Staff carried on we felt MattyFTM was the best choice for the position. He was chosen for various reasons and not once did he get picked solely because he is male. We felt he was the best person for the job, simple as that.  If you or ValkyrieGoddess cannot accept that decision and explanation then I'm sorry, but you are misguided. If it is any consolation the big reason she was not considered for the final position was because she is not from the UK which was a preferred requirement for that particular selection process. "

Is Matty a wiki mod or a forum mod?

VG had never any intention of wanting to become a wiki mod.