Have you ever backed a Kickstarter and how did it do?

• 122 results
ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Have you ever backed a Kickstarter and how did it do? (369 votes)

Yes 72%
No 29%

Spawning from the discussion on the latest Bombcast, I'm curious what kind of random things people in the GB community have backed on Kickstarter. Personally I'm still pretty skeptical of most Kickstarters, but I did back a camera strap that ended up going well past its goal and the rewards were sent out in a fairly timely fashion. The $50 I put in was pretty much a pre-order for the item at a discount and it works pretty well, so I didn't get burned in the end. I don't think I would have risked it if the company I backed hadn't already had a very successful Kickstarter campaign that allowed them to push a product to market.

• 
jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've backed Catlateral Damage and Elegy for a Dead World (and maybe Superhot?). CD just entered early access and I'm into what I've seen so far. Elegy is out, but I haven't checked it out yet. It's one of those things that I want to be in the right mood to play.

I've also kind of backed Overgrowth and Hyper Light Drifter... they weren't Kickstarter campaigns, but I pre-purchased them WAY before they're coming out, so it's kind of similar.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

• Pillars of Eternity: Backed with $20-25, don't exactly remember which package I choose. Don't regret it though. Excellent game.
  • Broken Age: Backed with $20 for a digital copy. Don't regret this one either. A bit short and it's been a while since the first episode was released, but I think it will be remembered as a good adventure game.
  • Broken Sword 5: Backed with $20 for a digital copy. Turned out pretty decent. It's certainly not as memorable as the first game, but a good effort anyway.
  • Massive Chalice: Backed it for the Brad Muir-involvement. I hope it turns out well.
Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I backed Barkley 2 aka The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa I wanted to support the guys who gave me one of my favorite jokes on the entire internet, but they're like, 3 people so I don't care how long they take to make it.

I also supported the Skullgirls IndieGoGo for more characters, because I love what they do and wanted to see that game reach more people. That has gone swimmingly.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By TwoLines

I backed only one thing, a cartoon- Bee and PuppyCat. I backed it cause I really dig what Rebecca Sugar Natasha Allegri is about (I do also dig Rebecca Sugar's style). I like what I've seen so far.

No games. I came really close to supporting Torment though.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#55 fisk0  Moderator

I've backed 25 games on Kickstarter, out of those three have been cancelled altogether (one of them had a pretty good reason though, as the development team was from Ukraine and fled the country when the war was in one of it's shittier phases last year), eleven have been released to positive reviews or even critical acclaim, three others were completed but turned out pretty shitty, six are still in beta/early access (two of which don't seem too promising) and the others are still several months - or in the case of Star Citizen, years away from their deadline.

I backed most of them at fairly low levels, so in general I think it's been worth it, though I'd say I'm not quite as enthuisastic at jumping at every interesting project these days.

I also backed the OUYA on the lowest possible tier (with no reward other than backer credits) mostly because it was an interesting experiment, and I wanted to get the backer updates during it's continued development.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twolines said:

I backed only one thing, a cartoon- Bee and PuppyCat. I backed it cause I really dig what Rebecca Sugar is about. I like what I've seen so far.

Bee and PuppyCat is Natasha Allegri's show. Rebecca Sugar is doing Steven Universe, but both came from Adventure Time though.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zippedbinders said:

@twolines said:

I backed only one thing, a cartoon- Bee and PuppyCat. I backed it cause I really dig what Rebecca Sugar is about. I like what I've seen so far.

Bee and PuppyCat is Natasha Allegri's show. Rebecca Sugar is doing Steven Universe, but both came from Adventure Time though.

Oh yeah, got them mixed up. I love Steven Universe, and that's on my mind right now, so that's probably why my brain did that.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yes. Mostly video games (18) and tabletop games (10). I haven't had one fail to deliver after the pledge period ended, but I've also never had one deliver on time. I have had one cancelled before the pledge period ended, so nothing lost.

Cthulhu Wars: This one's a board game, and an expensive one to boot ($200 for the base game). Thankfully I got in at a much lower price. I have played a whole bunch since my copy arrived, and it was easily worth it. It rapidly became a favourite amongst my friends, and I'm going to be buying an expansion so we get 5 players in there.

I wish I had seen that before. It looks really cool.

lylebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never have. I am very skeptical of Kickstarters in general for reasons that I find a bit hard to articulate. I guess it has something to do with how things necessarily get rethought and revised during development. With privately-funded projects you'd never know anything about it; as far as you know, the final product is what was intended all along (even though that is rarely the case). But somehow with a Kickstarter it either has to be extremely well-thought-out from the beginning (which costs money in and of itself), or run a high risk of requiring more money to cover unforeseen development challenges, leading to backlash and unsatisfied backers. It just seems antithetical to both crowdfunding AND software development.

I was trying to think of a type of project I might consider backing. Maybe if someone came up with an idea for some kind of Ultima 7/Dark Souls hybrid? Like, I would be totally excited about that in theory... but I still don't know if I could see myself backing it imagining the probable development challenges that could arise.

sleeperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I backed a movie about Edgar Allan Poe, directed by Stuart Gordon and starring Jeffrey Combs. It was supposed to be based on the one-man show that Gordon and Combs had already done. I dropped 80$ on the project, but it ultimately didn't get funded. I'll never donate again, I just find the whole system of Kickstarter really unsavory.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've backed a few albums from artists I really like and respect. Never had an issue with getting my rewards but I also never put a ton of money down on any of them. I've heard some stories of people getting fucked over big time after tying up hundreds of dollars into shady campaigns, though. Granted those were usually run by people associated with underground rappers in jail for allegedly trafficking mass quanities of cocaine.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SubliminalKitteh

@baka_shinji17: It's out in beta I believe, they rumored sometime late this year, early next year for the full release

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By tuxfool

I've Backed 25 projects. None failed, a few have been delayed but delivered. I've been very happy with what I have gotten so far.

Maybe I should also note that only 5 of those are games but OP was a bit vague, either way here is my list.

1. Starr Mazer
  2. BATTLE CHEF BRIGADE
  3. Under the Dog
  4. Bring Reading Rainbow Back for Every Child, Everywhere!
  5. Recipes for the Dead: Issue 3 - An Indie Comic Book
  6. Gramofon: Modern Cloud Jukebox
  7. 【Project Phoenix】 Japan's indie RPG feat. AAA talent!
  8. Red Pitaya: Open instruments for everyone
  9. UDOO: Android Linux Arduino in a tiny single-board computer
  10. Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
  11. Masaaki Yuasa's "Kick-Heart"
  12. Project Eternity
  13. Teensy 3.0 - 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4, usable in Arduino and C
  14. enclave eyewear: twenty&twenty line
  15. HALO - BRIGHT LED BELT - BE SEEN, BE SAFE
  16. CANDY GRIP: Worlds First Color Changing Grip Tape & Apparel
  17. The Nifty MiniDrive
  18. Open Source Wireless Inventors Shield for Arduino
  19. Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android
  20. Double Fine Adventure
  21. Recipes for the Dead: Issue 2 - An Indie Comic Book by VeraCyber Cortex AV
  22. Protei, Open Hardware Oil Spill Cleaning Sailing Robot
  23. Ubertooth One: an open source Bluetooth test tool
  24. The Anthology Project Vol 2: A Collection of Comics
  25. "OpenVizsla" Open Source USB Protocol Analyzer

The dodgy ones are Nº7, which seems really delayed (I sort of expected it) and Nº 25 which eventually delivered after about 2 years of delay. Projects 1,2 & 3 are still to early to expect anything.

rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I backed Oculus Rift, and got the first devkit.

They seem to be doing alright.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I don't think Kickstarter (or indiegogo or any of those) has adequate donor protections, so I've never donated to anything.

I don't fault anybody for doing so, but all things considered I'd rather buy early access or preorder than kickstart something and I'm not crazy about doing those either.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I've backed a few things and actually made a list about it a while ago. I think I picked some pretty good ones, all things considering. The only real disappointment I've had is Xenonauts, and that has less to do with the game being bad as it does with the part where they literally just made a slightly updated X-COM: UFO Defense. Still waiting on Torment, hoping that will be good, and I also backed Underworld Ascendant because I really like the idea of someone making another Ultima Underworld game.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

All of the Rifftrax ones. Every single one WORTH IT.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By probablytuna

I've only backed three or four projects, and they're all from well known, or mostly well known developers. Off the top of my head I think I've backed:

1. Broken Age
  2. Wasteland 2
  3. Pillars of Eternity
  4. Republique

I would've backed Massive Chalice but I was kinda weary about backing two Double Fine projects (at the time Broken Age had only just started production I believe). So I pretty much kept it relatively safe, giving money to developers with years of experience and has built up some good reputation (save for Republique). In the end they all turned out fine but I haven't played any of them except for Wasteland 2.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By IamTerics

I backed Treachery in Beatdown City because I was scared it wouldn't make it. There are have been monthly status updates and a couple of demos, with one coming soon. Its not done yet and I haven't played it ,but I'm optimistic.

I backed a support campaign for an indie video game website that I thought was pretty cool called Indie Statik. Part of the bundle was a couple of small games and some bad wallpapers. Ironically the website went on "hiatus" around a year later. A not so happy ending ,but I've spent worse on 20 bucks..

Finally, I was a late backer to the Skullgirls Indiegogo thing. It felt more like a buy in for beta access and the OST ,but I'm not complaining. The SG team has been pretty open about their development process. They've done pretty consistent weekly streams where they would show off the newest build and talk about updates. Its also pretty easy to just check the official forums to see whats going on. They're actually really close to being finished. Definitely my favorite of the bunch.

And an extra; I backed and then unbacked FTL. This was early Kickstarter era and I had a realization that I would rather just buy an actual game that was out. Later I bought FTL and didn't like it.

indus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Massive Chalice because reasons.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit forgot i backed webhook! I just wanted to give money to snide and co.

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By MrWakka

Every kickstarter I have backed has turned out a 'success' in that the product was released and met the goals presented during the KS, or is still in development. Of the ones I have backed I was only really disappointed in one. Takedown just didn't deliver the kind of polish I had hoped for, as a result I was very disappointed with the result. Akaneiro and Race The Sun were 'OK', but weren't thrilling, and were the result of me getting caught up in the whole Kickstarter thing, eventually I became more disciplined backer and as a result things have resulted in no actual disappointments. Otherwise I have been quite pleased with all the games I have backed.

Early backs were Grim Dawn, Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, Aklaneiro, Race The Sun, Takedown. Of these 3 good quality games, including one of the best rpgs in the last decade. Akaneiro was fun while I played it, but didn't keep me hooked long. Race The Sun I never actually played post release, but enjoyed the playable demo they released with the KS'er. Takedown was disappointing, but didn't take away from my enthusiasm for the potential.

Shadowrun Returns, Divinity, The Banner Saga, Torment, and Pathfinder Online were later backs (I think), all but the latter two are out, and have more than lived up to their pitch.

Shards Online is the only recent backing I have done, as there hasn't been a whole lot in the genres I like that have caught my attention. I think a lot of this is the change in reporting, back at the start of the boom you got countless news stories on more promising games, now you really just have to troll the KS website, which I rarely do. Shards has a lot of promise, but we'll see what comes of it, it won't be out for awhile.

Regarding non-videogame based stuff Fate Core was well worth it, as was Obsidian Portal Reforged. Deep Magic was a little disappointing, its offering too broad and shallow for my tastes, but I don't regret backing it. Web Hook I honestly had no use for, but hey, I wanted to back those guys, even if it was just for a small sum.

Projects

• Project Eternity
  • Wasteland 2
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
  • Grim Dawn
  • Takedown
  • The Banner Saga
  • Pathfinder Online
  • Race The Sun
  • Shards Online

Non Videogames

• Deep Magic
  • Fate Core
  • Obsidian Portal Reforged
  • Web Hook
audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I backed the Ouya for a few weeks, but backed out (ba dum ts) well before its closing date.

I also backed Dave Snider, and that went splendidly because Dave Snider is Dave Snider. I'll redeem my month of hosting one day...

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

I haven't personally, but I'm not going to criticize anyone who has.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

• Pillars of eternity: I knew of the developers, and I enjoyed a lot of their previous games, so I backed it. Currently am enjoying it a lot
  • Wastelands 2: Heard a lot about it when it was on KickStarter. And while I see what they were trying to do with it, and i like the setting of the game, it felt outdated.It wasn't a bad game, just not worth the time I put into it.
  • Broken Age: Once again, another developer that I have heard of before and enjoyed their previous games. The game Itself was a lot of fun, but short with few puzzles... hopefully when the second part comes out in a month, they'll add some enjoyable puzzles and wrap up the story in it.
  • Shadow Run (The one they just had): I didn't back the original remake, and that turn out to be for the best. Since I didn't like the first one, however, the one that came out after that, Dragonfall, made a lot of improvements, so I figure that they would continue improving the formula (hopefully) so I backed their latest one.
  • Torment: It being made by the guys who did Wasteland 2, and if I had I known before I backed it (they put it on kickstarter before Wastelands 2 was finished) I wouldn't have. I get the feeling that am going to be disappointed by this one. I know it isn't out yet, but considering the quality of the last game of theirs, and their mentally that out of date game mechanics are the reason why people enjoyed playing games, well, I don't think they can delivery a title that I will enjoy.
  • A history of zombies in movies, poster: Got it as a gift for a friend, since he is into zombie movies, but he didn't hang it up, so yeah... money wasted.

I still plan to back more products on KickStarter, but when I do, I research them a lot more.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#76  Edited By MEATBALL

I've backed two kickstarters - Double Fine Adventure and Amplitude - Happy with my investment in DFA, in spite of the long development (the documentary helps) and I'm sure I'll be happy with Amplitude.

I did also contribute to Devin Townsend's Casualties of Cool crowd-funded album and I was very happy with the end product. (@smtdante89 hell yeah, brother)

I don't fund a lot of kickstarters because I don't have a lot of money to throw around on stuff that might not happen, and I look at backing a kickstarter basically as a donation. I'm basically throwing money away and hopefully getting something in return, and I'm not under any delusions otherwise. That said, it's probably important for there to be some kind of accountability with these things, which is where it's good to see the media often try to play that role.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

• Broken Age - Great first episode, but I obviously can't help being a little disappointed that it's taken this long to get the full game.
  • Shadowgate (2014) - I liked this a fair bit, I ended up playing through it four times (each difficulty and a speedrun playthrough).
  • Wasteland 2 - My only Kickstarter regret, I played about 10 hours and I just couldn't play any more of it. It's broken, poorly designed, and just not very enjoyable. I've heard they've done a lot of patching, but it's too late for me to care.
  • Among the Sleep - A really enjoyable and atmospheric horror game with an interesting (and well-realised) premise.
maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost backed the Zach braff movie kickstarter but then I totally forgot about it because I don't like giving my money away for nothing. The movie ended up coming out and I bought it for 10$.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By Sessh

I've missed a lot of the big ones for games since I wasn't even aware they existed at that point.

I did back Wil Wheaton's TableTop and a graphic novel called The Leg (about a severed undead leg) and both got funded. The TableTop one did exceptionally well even.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By YummyTreeSap

Two times: One was Night in the Woods, which I feel ultra confident in. The Lost Constellation side story was totally rad, so I'm expecting the best from the game in full.

The other was Jack King Spooner's Beeswing, which is fully released but which I haven't yet gotten to because there were some Mac OS X problems at first. Still, I'm really glad I put my money into it because he's the fucking sweetest dude and I love Scotland and cute stuff and themes of sincere tackiness. Local Hero is my favorite movie.

Loading Video...

edit: full disclosure, I think it's fuckin' rad that i'm in the credits of a video game that's been making me cry. i didn't even think I was capable of emotions anymore, but this dang game is like a bullet to my emotion zone

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I backed Unwinnable Weekly. Been very pleased with the output.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By overnow

I have yet to back one. I just don't trust stuff like that. I'm not one to just trust strangers enough to do it. I feel like if I did it would be something from a decently established company or individual, but even then I still doubt it. But I'm also a university student without a ton of disposable income, maybe if/when I get a decent job I'll be more open to the idea.

Avanzato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Avanzato

I started with Broken Age but reached breaking point last month and have stopped Kickstarting. Two more projects came in with delays and one cancelled some achieved stretch goals as the factory in China upped the price on them (they did handle it well though).

I have backed 154 funded projects and the majority have been run by people who don't have much idea of what they are doing and have terrible communication skills. There have been a few that were done really well and several others that just got on and did what they said they would. I've got about 3 that I consider to be dead so don't expect to see finished and a couple that probably aren't dead but haven't communicated in over a year.

I can see some projects in this thread that others are happy with that still haven't sent me all the rewards owed even though the main parts have been finished. I have been mostly OK with the end results of the projects that have completed but whatever entertainment there was in backing stuff has now gone. If I back anything else it will be from people who have already got a good track record.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broken Age - wish I waited for the PS4 version. They probably could have had it out by now if they didn't develop 100 different versions

Shovel Knight - a little delayed but great overall

a hoodie which took long and then was too long for me. Oh well.

Overall, never again, not worth it, especially for the amount of games I play nowadays (not much) Might as well wait for a sale, always.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I backed Rifftrax twice and it's totally worth it if you're a fan.

Of ocurse that's not videogame related - I've never backed a videogame kickstarter.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#86  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I've backed a number of games, but most aren't out yet. Energy Hook, Mighty no.9, Shantae, Hyper Light Drifter and that FF tactics spiritual sequel I can't remember the name of. I also backed Skullgirls on Indiegogo, which I feel the best sbout since they had already finished the game and this was for them to keep working on it. Shame about the vote for which characters they should make, I've never seen a community come together and fall apart so fast. Backed Amplitude and Among the Sleep, but those were sympathy contributions. Also, non-game-related I gave money to the Little Witch Academia 2 episode and Wakfu to get the bluray. I did back some other stuff too, but that fell through and I got my money back. I'm not done backing stuff, I'll give Playtonic some money for that upcoming Banjo-Kazooie-like, but I'm done paying attention to backer mail. They give me this weird sense of being a producer when I'm not.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Drake Tracker - I got $1 worth of dumb out of this.

Penny Arcade's Podcast - I don't think I ever listened to any of these.

Amplitude - Waiting, but they'll get it done.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#88  Edited By StarvingGamer
  • Double Fine Adventure - Worth it for the documentary alone, amazing insight into development, the (first half of the) game being awesome is just the cherry on top
  • Wasteland 2 - Sounds like they did a good job, I just don't have time for those sorts of games any more. Don't regret supporting the genre though
  • The Banner Saga - What a kickass game
  • Republique - Really interesting idea but my phone-game time only comes in brief spurts, gonna wait for all the episodes on PC then really dig in
  • Shadowrun Returns - They did a good job and, by all accounts, Dragonfall is even better and maybe I will have time for it some day
  • OUYA - More in support of indie games than anything which seems like it was more-or-less successful? Not a useful product though
  • SolForge - On one hand I keep tossing money into this game. On the other hand I've derived, like, thousands of hours of entertainment from it. So, worth it?
  • Project (Pillars of) Eternity - Everyone says it's great, my first couple hours were great, who knows when I'll play the rest of it
  • LA Game Space - Backed it for the 24-hour mix and that fucking weird Alphabet game by Keita Takahashi. I've moved out of LA though so if they ever get it open I won't be able to visit
  • HEX - I love card games but there's too much of a time commitment to really play HEX the way I want to play HEX, ie Draft
  • Massive Chalice - I'm waiting for the final version and am super psyched
  • Might No 9 - Seems like it's shaping up well
  • Outerlands - Not much to say, just waiting and waiting, but these guys put out great stuff so I have total faith
  • Webhook - DUDER
  • Amplitude - I'm not worried
  • The History of the Great Empires of EVE Online - I'm a big fan of Andrew Groen's writing so this book is sure to look fantastic as it sits on (in) my coffee table and I struggle to find time to read it
cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've backed.. more than I thought I had.

I jumped in pretty big with Broken Age, because Tim Schaefer's the man, but I haven't played it it. Do wear the cool t-short fairly often though.

I also gave money to Massive Chalice, because it seems cool and also Brad Muir.

I backed Golem Arcana because it seemed cool and I wasn't sure they would make it. I have my copy, but I haven't played it a lot, because I figured I'd have a device to play it with by now. Oh well. Seems cool, even if the board game part almost seems unnecessary. This is by the Shadowrun Returns people, and I knew Jordan Weisman could pull this stuff off.

Backed Amplitude because Harmonix are cool people, and I never played the original. Seems cool.

Oh, and I backed Dan Ryckert's dumbass book about how Jose Canseco sucks at crowd-funding because I would also get signed copies of Air Force Gator as a reward. Dan forgot to send me my rewards, then I poked him on Twitter and we worked it out. Should buy the finished book also, because I like Dan's dumb books.

smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've pledged quite a few things, the only one I've been burned on was an espresso machine called the Nocturne.The CEO is apparently still trying to work out an arrangement with venture capitalists, but I doubt anything positive will come of it. They underestimated their costs and were naive about a few things. Anyway, my interest in the whole process has kind of burned out. If someone were to present to me an opportunity for nostalgia though, I would probably take them up on it, at least within the realms of video games.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never have and never will. I have bought some early access games though. Whether the game is any good/gets updated/gets finished is a risk I have to decided if I'm willing to take but I'm at least guaranteed something for my money.

FireProof2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Broken Age: Enough has been said about this one.
  • Massive Chalice: Forgot I backed this one, haven't played it yet.
  • Idle Thumbs! Yeah!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Broken Age - ehhhh
  • Wasteland 2 - Had a decent weekend with it, but it just got damn hard and I couldn't progress.
  • Banner Saga - Finished it. Great game.
  • FTL - Fun for a bit but then it's like... there's no real chance of finishing it ever, anyways.
  • Aura Tactics - Failed. Although it only cost five bucks.
  • Takedown - Came out but basically failed. That cost fifteen bucks.
  • Shadowrun Returns - This would've been ehhh had I not played the Dragonfall campaign, which is great.
  • Valdis Story - Top 10 game of 2013. Pretty fun 2D action adventure.
  • The Dead Linger - Game is pretty bad.
  • Republique - A lot about it sounds cool but ehhhhh.
  • Kitaru - Still isn't out, hasn't been a message in 6 months.
  • Legends of Eisenwald - Looks like a 90s PC game, the translation is bad and there's some bad UI.
  • Xenonauts - Game is an alright XCOM thing, but it's a little bland and slow.
  • Dead State - Game looks pretty bad.
  • Paper Sorcerer - This game looked alright, but the controller/KB+M stuff was all fucked up.
  • Haunts - This had a pretty public failure.
  • OUYA - I think I got like.... 50 dollars of value out of the Ouya. So nah.
  • Legends of Aethereus - This is a game but I don't know why you'd want to play it.
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - This game is actually pretty good.
  • Pillars of Eternity - This is the best game I've played since 2011.
  • Conclave - ehhhh
  • Torment - Pillars makes me hope this is good, but Obsidian is a better studio than inXile so....
  • Shovel Knight - #3 in my 2014 GOTY.
  • Massive Chalice - Is this game coming out? Did they Spacebase this game too?
  • Neverending Nightmares - I played like 90 minutes of this game. It's alright.
  • Hyper Light Drifter - It looks friggin dope.
  • The Mandate - Looks alright.

ishinji32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only a handful here:

• Broken Age - We all know how this has been going
  • Little Witch Academia 2 - Anime is for jerks
  • La-Mulana 2 - Pretty excited for this, seems like it's coming along well
  • SUPER HOT - SUPER HOT SUPER HOT
  • Clannad - This one just ended so there hasn't been much out of Sekai Project, but I'm fairly optimistic about it
  • Skullgirls - Had some fun with everyone not long after the DLC came out but now everybody is playing Monster Hunter
whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, things have been actually pretty positive for the most part as well. However I do not really plan on participating in many/any more (Shadowrun HK was a safe bet though since I was extremely happy with Harebrained Scheme's capability on both Shadowrun Returns & Dragonfall).

• Broken Age - waiting for second episode before playing
  • Wasteland 2 - InXile gave me the isometric Fallout game I've been waiting 15 years for. I enjoyed it immensely.
  • P1 Pen - I wanted a nice machined aluminum pen and this seemed alright, except the end product was severely delayed and then not built very well. I gave it to my wife to use at work and she eventually threw it out.
  • Shadowrun Returns - All turned out spectacularly and HBS really over-delivered. $15 for Dead Man's Switch, Dragonfall, and then Dragonfall Director's Cut was a steal of a deal.
  • OUYA - I endeavored to get a refund before they shipped my month's delayed "early-bird" unit (larf) and that was the best outcome I could have hoped for.
  • Broken Sword V - got the game plus all the previous games on GOG.
  • Dreamfall Chapters - waiting on all the chapters to release before diving in. Have heard good things so far.
  • Torment: Tides of Numenara - awaiting release, looks to be on track
  • Armikrog - awaiting release, looks to be on track
  • Massive Chalice - awaiting release, looks to be on track
  • HYMN graphic novel - a local comic book project, well worth it
  • Shadowrun Hong Kong - awaiting release
  • I also "slacker-backer"-ed Tex Murphy and got the game and all previous games on GOG.

I think the Bombcrew was totally correct that the first 'golden' age of KS is long gone.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Photo-thumbVoid Destroyer
Released: Haven't played

Photo-thumbDouble Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE
Early Access: Haven't played

Photo-thumbDivinity: Original Sin
Released: GOTY 2014

Photo-thumbTorment: Tides of Numenera
Scheduled for Late 2015

Photo-thumbBattle Worlds: Kronos - Turn-based strategy revisited
Released: 4/10

Photo-thumbMaia

Photo-thumbProject GODUS
LOL

Photo-thumbHero-U: Rogue to Redemption by the Quest for Glory designers
In development, ostensibly

Photo-thumbProject Eternity
Released: Early game-breaking bug

Photo-thumbExpeditions: Conquistador
Released: 8/10

Photo-thumbCastle Story

Photo-thumbWasteland 2
Released: 6/10

Photo-thumbDouble Fine Adventure
Half Released: Haven't played

Uncollected pledges

Photo-thumbNexus 2: The Gods Awaken (PC & MAC)

Photo-thumbSKYJACKER
Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up backing one of Kickstarters big success stories after Broken Age Double Fine project.

Amanda Palmers new album which I got the digital copy, the cd a little art book and my name written on a phone book page throw into a tank and later had Amanda Palmer naked inside it....I also got one of the pages with someones name on it from that street party.

So eh....pretty cool and I loved the album.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse: Massive Chalice is still coming out, it is on STEAM Early Access and they have been updating it. I have done 1 playthrough but I am waiting for the final game before playing more, the game seems to be close to release maybe in a month or 2. They have been doing regular team streams through out the development process that are very interesting so I would check them out. It is a fun Xcomish game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a general rule not to back any Kickstaters. However, I backed one because it was a cool dude. Some game called ROAM. He gives an update once a month. Still waiting on beta, which was supposed to start in January. Not trippin though. (yet).

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DriveupLife

I've Backed:

Double Fine Adventure

Remee: Lucid Dreaming Sleep Mask

Project Eternity

Drop Shades: Rave glasses with Lights on them

Reading Rainbow

All five have delivered and were successful, so I've got a good streak going!