How friendly would you rate the Giantbomb community?

• 127 results
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#51  Edited By Yummylee

8.8, otherwise translated as a 1.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By landon

We have a few bad eggs ruining things for the rest of us, but I think the community here is generally good natured toward the fellow member.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By ShaggE

7. We are DRIPPING with love. DRIPPING. I mean, one of our moderators wants to be inside of us, and another one is named after a shiny sign of affection! WE'RE FUCKING HAPPY AND LOVING.

F'reals, though, considering it's a forum on a major video game site? We're pretty well off.

Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Godak

A four - that's approximately the same rating as a pillow stuffed with Vinny's curly back hairs.

I have to admit, these forums don't smell nearly as good.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By audiosnow

It's a really bizarre mix.

I've come across guys who hit somewhere around -1, but plenty of others who are 5s.

But there are way more 5s here than I've seen in nearly all of the rest of the internet.

Give me the ability to block a couple of specific users and this place would become heaven.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By spankingaddict

3 . I don't think any community on the Internet can possible be a 5. 4 is the hightest :P

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By ashleychittock

@will_leisure said:

People dislike other members or staff for the dumbest reasons. I'm at a point in the my life where I don't find everything other people do as annoying; I'm a lot happier because of it.

this alone was reason enough for me to vote for 3 instead of anything higher.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By FreakAche

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot said:

5. Some people say Jay444111 is the worst the community has to offer

What about ?

Or Sonic Hedgehog (or some variation of it)?

Was his last account sonic_h3dgehog? I'm hoping he'll follow up with sonic_h4dgehog_episode_1.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SSully

Compared to other internet communities this place is run by fucking Ghandi's. I rarely see trolls or assholes, and when I do they are usually taken care of really quick. I have also had some really good conversations with people here, which is something I find rare on the internet.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By natetodamax

This is a pretty great place to have discussions and talk about video games. I've met several Giant Bomb users at PAX and they're all great people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

A strong 4, especially for a place as hostile as the internet. There are a few bad apples, but the vast majority of the community is solid.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

1, YOU ALL SUCK!!!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By trace

Maybe it's perspective bias from having to deal with the annoying and problematic bits of the forum a little too often, but I voted 2. There's a lot of good in our community, but conversations can get too hostile too easily, and there's also a bit too much hostility in places where it's completely unnecessary. Then again, I think that users perceived as "bad" or low-quality should be quietly flagged (if they're violating rules) or outright ignored (not through a feature, but through just ignoring them), rather than mocked, insulted, and argued with.

@Meowshi said:

I think it's telling that the Giantbomb guys actually post on GAF and SomethingAwful, but avoid these forums like the plague.

I'll go on the record and say this has personally bothered me for quite some time. I'm not expecting constant community interaction from the staff, nor am I expecting them to remain on this site exclusively, but some days, that makes me feel like we're not doing a good enough job and failing both the staff and the userbase, even when told the absolute opposite.

Then again, that feeling's all the more reason and initiative to keep working towards making the forums a better place over time, and hopefully the new site will also help us out in that regard.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By iam3green

i would say 3, everyone is pretty nice. there are a few times people will be sarcastic but it's ok sometimes it's funny.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kogasu

I haven't really seen anyone troll really or get hostile and mean....In fact, I've only seen it happen once here. I think I'm just never in the right place at the right time. Plus, I haven't really been here that long. I would say 4 or 3 I guess. It's much better than what I've seen from other places.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Considering some other places on the internet, Giantbomb's a 4.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By icicle7x3

This poll is giving me the middle finger.

There's your answer.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Getz said:

@Meowshi said:

@Turambar said:

Two or a three. There isn't nearly as much vitrol here compared to places like GAF, but people are still more than eager to get nasty when any opposing opinions clash.

I think it's telling that the Giantbomb guys actually post on GAF and SomethingAwful, but avoid these forums like the plague.

They're constantly making references to the forums, so they obviously pay some kind of attention to them. I dunno, if I was them I wouldn't be posting in my own forums either 'cause it would throw off the whole vibe.

There's assholes and pedants and spammers here just like everywhere else, but it could be a lot worse. There's more decent folks here than any other forum I've been to. The community makes decent content, and (generally) is up for a serious discussion on just about anything. The mods are open and vigilant, though I think is hiding a terrible secret...

I've never joined an internet community with any kind of investment because I never wanted to; Giant Bomb gives me that itch to jump in and start butting heads with the users.

Who you been talking to....

>____>

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By chrissedoff

@McGhee said:

For the internet, this place is pretty nice. Just don't be an asshole or a douche and you won't get the sarcastic, funny treatment.

The assholes and douches are also the sarcastic ones

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By phrosnite

I'll give the community 2 or 3 like most other communities.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Getz said:

@Meowshi said:

@Turambar said:

Two or a three. There isn't nearly as much vitrol here compared to places like GAF, but people are still more than eager to get nasty when any opposing opinions clash.

They're constantly making references to the forums, so they obviously pay some kind of attention to them. I dunno, if I was them I wouldn't be posting in my own forums either 'cause it would throw off the whole vibe.

There's assholes and pedants and spammers here just like everywhere else, but it could be a lot worse. There's more decent folks here than any other forum I've been to. The community makes decent content, and (generally) is up for a serious discussion on just about anything. The mods are open and vigilant, though I think is hiding a terrible secret...

I've never joined an internet community with any kind of investment because I never wanted to; Giant Bomb gives me that itch to jump in and start butting heads with the users.

That's not really a secret: he wants to be inside you.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bwast

I try my best to make it a 1.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By FilipHolm

A surprising amount of decent people in here. So a 4, for me

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By McGhee

@chrissedoff said:

@McGhee said:

For the internet, this place is pretty nice. Just don't be an asshole or a douche and you won't get the sarcastic, funny treatment.

The assholes and douches are also the sarcastic ones

Yeah well, not all Muslims are terrorists but most terrorists are Muslims.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I'd say a 4, there are a few assholes here and there but for the most part pretty much everyone is awesome.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ShockD

For a community with loose moderation control, I'd give it a high 4. Few forums could be proud of a friendly community without super strict moderators. As for the assholes... they're everywhere so they shouldn't decrease the overall mood much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've always thought it'd be cool if users could give each other +rep or +props any time they think someone made a good post. I think that would encourage people to be more friendly and make more meaningful posts.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By InternetCrab

4. Giantbomb is a great place, but the dicks can sometimes take over, but we have great mods that always sort stuff out. The rest of the community is awesome.

I LUV U GUYZ <3

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Compared to other video game websites definitely a 4/5

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kindgineer

It all depends on the subject. When it comes to discussing games, as long as the OP isn't some flame broiled post of evil, everyone generally gets a long nicely. Now if one of the idiots here post about Religion, than all sorts of shit gets fucked up.

I voted 3 because I have as many good experiences as I do bad.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jimbo

I'd give her one. looool

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By zeforgotten
@ck1nd said:

It all depends on the subject. When it comes to discussing games, as long as the OP isn't some flame broiled post of evil, everyone generally gets a long nicely. Now if one of the idiots here post about Religion, than all sorts of shit gets fucked up.

I voted 3 because I have as many good experiences as I do bad.

You forgot what happens when it turns out that one user in a thread is a girl.  
Or if the OP of a thread is a girl
DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By DeF

very high highs balance against very low lows.

I voted three.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By supamon

Well I'm still hanging around here so I guess this place is alright. The community still has a ways to go though, we can still be better. Guys like crouchingspock give me endless enjoyment even though i know it shouldn't, I can't help it!

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Harkat

Mostly very friendly, a few acidic sarcastic attitudes here and there.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87  Edited By MisterMouse

I used to feel that Giant Bomb used to be an extremely friendly place, but unfortunately more recently I haven't viewed it in the same light.

SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SarjuTheRapper

everyone's nice but also sometimes randomly hateful

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#89  Edited By Castiel

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#90  Edited By KillyDarko

As far as the internet goes, the GB community in general is actually quite nice and welcoming.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MrJorOwe

Generally pretty friendly, but a good lot of people think they are smart as fuck and jump on to your comment if there is a slight factual inaccuracy. Welcome to the internet i guess. 3.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By hockeymask27

4. We have some dicks but overall pretty good.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By hughesman

I like you guys :)

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

4, For the most part most are friendly and helpful and I'd say 30% or so are either assholes or just complete idiots.

SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SarjuTheRapper
@SmasheControllers said:

4, For the most part most are friendly and helpful and I'd say 30% or so are either assholes or just complete idiots.

or young/immature
BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BatmanBatman

I gave it a 3.. but just because I'm so friendly, that it gives a headache sometimes...

with some exceptions here and there, you guys are not that bad ....

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MeierTheRed

Around a 3 or 4. Voted 3 though.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#98  Edited By wefwefasdf

It really depends on the mood of the community at the time. Sometimes it can be really close to a 5, but at other times a 1. Overall, I give it a 3.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#99  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Eh, there are quite a few GB fanboys and the community is pretty small so not a lot of activity for the games that aren't AAA.  Its just enough site activity to kill some down time.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By EchoEcho

@believer258 said:

@MikeGosot said:

5. Some people say Jay444111 is the worst the community has to offer, but seriously, that guy is cool. And if the worst guy in the community is cool and reads Hokuto No Ken, you knwo the community is fucking awesome. Also, some people here gifted me some videogames. That makes me happy.

Nah, whyareyoucrouchingspock is the worst this community has to offer. And if we have one fuckwad in a sea of (relative) internet decency, then I'd say that's quite a great community.

Most of the aforementioned fuckwads eventually get angry and leave anyway; Spock seems to be the only one that's active.

I'd say we have more than one fuckwad around here. Some are just more transparent about it than others. It's easy to point out the people who are obviously bananas, but even some of the seemingly intelligent members of our community have their moments. All in all though, this site is better than the majority of its peers in the quality of its community. You really want to go down a rabbit hole of self-important, circle-jerking snobbery, just poke around the Escapist's forums for a while.

I think a lot of it is due to the size of our community, more than anything. If Giant Bomb were to ever reach the level of mass appeal that places like GameSpot and G4 have, I think we'd see the average quality of conversation around here take a nose dive pretty fast. I've been in communities that started off small and tight-knit before suddenly exploding with popularity, and then things were just completely unrecognizable. I hope Giant Bomb can continue to maintain a good balance, because no doubt I want the GB guys to continue to succeed and gain notoriety -- just not at the expense of the community.