• 125 results
R3cruit3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By R3cruit3D

Depends how well i know the words. If it's long words that i use often (cant think of any of the top of my head) i tend to use 6 fingers and touch type for a breif moment (no little fingers or thumbs) and if i dont know the word its usually 2-3 fingers and search and destroy method

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By jNerd

I use every single digit on both hands & type at least 100wpm.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By HandsomeDead

Just my index and middle fingers on both hands with the thumb for the space bar.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By grilledcheez

Nine...I use the right thumb for the spacebar but not the left.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By dsplayer1010

Usually four. For someone that spends a lot of time on the internet, I am a horrible typer.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm gonna type this and try to observe how many I type with. Okay, let me keep typing a little longer just to see. Hmm.... based on my observations here, it seems I type with only about 5 fingers total. Both thumbs, both index fingers, and my right ring finger for pushing enter and shift. I'm also told that I type really really fast. People are especially amazed by the fact that I type so quickly and don't do it properly. Mad skills, man.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Optiow

I use my middle and index finger on my left hand and my index and thumb on my right.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Spike94 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
"@Bucketdeth said:
"

On my right hand I usually only use my thumb for the space bar, my index finger and the middle finger and on the left hand I only use my index finger, I have never noticed how retarded that is, and I should learn how to type properly, any advice on a good program for this?

"
Take a class!  I took a class back & it still took 2.5 years to get the speed up. I don't think I could handle just chicken pecking with a couple of fingers.  Learning to type on a keyboard sort of reminds me of learning how to play a musical instrument. "
I completely agree. In 5th and 6th grade we had to take mandatory classes. I still, as I previously posted, only use three fingers now, but in the classes I was pretty decent. If anything, the classes helped me to improve my speed and memorize where each key is. I am not looking at the screen as I type this. I think I make more typos than the average non-chicken pecker, and therefore have to backspace more, but I type rather fast, so I don't mind for the most part. I also have extra patience for it all when I am on a forum, because I like making no typos (who does?) and proofread my posts a couple of times or so before I send them. "
I also mostly use those microsoft ergonomic keyboards. Less strain on my hands. Except when I'm on my Mac. I don't have any problems hauling ass on the Macbook Pro laptop either.

Hmmm, I guess I use my right thumb for spaces & the left thumb isn't used at all. So I use 9 fingers.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TheMustacheHero

9. I don't use my left Thumb for anything...

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By regularassmilk

Actually, I don't really know. I'm typing a longer message to try and figure it out and it looks like about 7-8 fingers.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By jkz

I'm right handed, but I use all of my left hand and just my pointer on the right, kinda odd actually

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

my thumbs get the least attention, but If one hand is occupied, the entire other hand is helping with the typing XD

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Like most normal people, I use 10. Also I sometimes switch which thumb I use on the spacebar. 

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Spike94
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
"@Spike94 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
"@Bucketdeth said:
"

On my right hand I usually only use my thumb for the space bar, my index finger and the middle finger and on the left hand I only use my index finger, I have never noticed how retarded that is, and I should learn how to type properly, any advice on a good program for this?

"
Take a class!  I took a class back & it still took 2.5 years to get the speed up. I don't think I could handle just chicken pecking with a couple of fingers.  Learning to type on a keyboard sort of reminds me of learning how to play a musical instrument. "
I completely agree. In 5th and 6th grade we had to take mandatory classes. I still, as I previously posted, only use three fingers now, but in the classes I was pretty decent. If anything, the classes helped me to improve my speed and memorize where each key is. I am not looking at the screen as I type this. I think I make more typos than the average non-chicken pecker, and therefore have to backspace more, but I type rather fast, so I don't mind for the most part. I also have extra patience for it all when I am on a forum, because I like making no typos (who does?) and proofread my posts a couple of times or so before I send them. "
I also mostly use those microsoft ergonomic keyboards. Less strain on my hands. Except when I'm on my Mac. I don't have any problems hauling ass on the Macbook Pro laptop either.Hmmm, I guess I use my right thumb for spaces & the left thumb isn't used at all. So I use 9 fingers."

Ah, I see. All but the right thumb, eh? I think the fingers I use is somewat similar, but maybe a few less: I made an error, I do use more than three fingers. I use my left thumb to space sometimes, sometimes use my middle fingers, and sometimes use my right ring finger for the backspace.
coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By coaxmetal

I just punch my keyboard and hope I get lucky. Looks like I did here.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#116  Edited By Demonstride

* types something to figure out how many* I think about 6 my index fingers my middle fingers and my thumbs. i don't type the way it was taught to me in school because its slow the way i type i can get about 70 words a minute.

EDIT: The way i was taught in school is slow for me but I type really well doing it my way because its much easier for me to not mess up when i just hover my hands over the keyboard instead of trying to strech my fingers over it.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#117  Edited By birchman

I type with about nine fingers, the only one not getting any action is my right hand thumb.

Damnit, now I can't stop focusing on what my right thumb does, that's annoying.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118  Edited By Dalai

6 fingers (8 if you count thumbs which I use rarely) and about 60 words per minute if I try hard enough.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By Radar

3 or 4 on each hand. My thumbs and pinkies are pretty much dead weight.

rob3rtkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By rob3rtkid

i type too fast too messed up but two hands cuz ul end up typing rlly slow with 2

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#121  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I use the ring finger for the spacebar,and total i use 6 fingers to type with.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122  Edited By Linkyshinks

All of them, including my thumbs.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By torus

No Caption Provided
I use 5.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By TheGremp

Hmm, let's see...  Typing typing....  Penguins are pertty cool.

Ok, I figured it out.  I use my indexes, middles, and ring fingers.  Also my left thumb to hit space.  So seven.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#125  Edited By Black_Rose

2 on each hand I guess.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers