Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By discost3w
@RE_Player92 said:
" @discost3w said:

So do I, If it wasn't for some month ago I would not have had a drink in pretty much 2 years, but I don't think it's something wrong. I love fucking around with drunk people and someone has to drive :) "
I can understand where you are coming from but from my experiences I've seen people drink for the reasons I said in my first post. Maybe its because all my friends and people I hang out with are in high school I dunno.     

If you are in a party and drink only to fit in, you shouldn't do it and assume yourself. I'm not trying to be rude here, maybe I sound like it on the other posts, but I mean I know that most of the people don't care if you don't drink they will ask you why and you tell them some will try to convince and you keep saying no. Sometime you will end up talking to new people just because of that. 

At least it did work for me over here
KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By KimChi4U
@discost3w:
exactly. I was trying to make the point that some people eat/say/do things that others can't understand why. Some people don't like spicy food, some people don't like coffee and some people don't like alcohol. Sephiroth9997 -A.K.A. Mr. Conformity needed someone to point that out. 

And yes, it's just as silly as arguing about favorite colors with a friend. Mine is blue, by the way  =)
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Skytylz
@oldschool said:
" I have no idea either.  It tastes truly horrid - all of it.  I am yet to find a completely truthful person who loved alcohol from the first drink.  They just keep doing it to "fit in" and eventually acquire a taste for it.  You can acquire a like of just about anything if you keep doing it, but pure logic says to me that it is a stupid concept. "
This is true, the first time I had a beer I didn't like it very much, but I felt great at the end of the night (I didn't drink a lot).  I didn't like brawts the first time I had them either.  I love them both now.  It's weird. 
Sephiroth9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Sephiroth9997

This thread is dumb.  Why does anyone do anything? 
discost3w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By discost3w
@HS21 said:
" @discost3w said: 

"Because I like stuff that will be hot in my mouth."  

....  Sigh, I'm really immature.  "
If you read it that way you are the one that is immature because I had no intention of making it sound so dirty, I hope you took the time to read the end of my sentence.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By RE_Player1
@KimChi4U said:
" @discost3w: exactly. I was trying to make the point that some people eat/say/do things that others can't understand why. Some people don't like spicy food, some people don't like coffee and some people don't like alcohol. Sephiroth9997 -A.K.A. Mr. Conformity needed someone to point that out.  And yes, it's just as silly as arguing about favorite colors with a friend. Mine is blue, by the way  =) "
I understand 100%. I think the topic should have been called " Why do you drink / not drink alcohol?"
KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By KimChi4U
@Sephiroth9997:
So, if this thread is dumb, why don't you post a thread so we can go troll there about how dumb that one is. If you don't like this thread, it's a free country....leave.
KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By KimChi4U
@RE_Player92:
Agreed.
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By HS21
@discost3w said:
" @HS21 said:
" @discost3w said: 

"Because I like stuff that will be hot in my mouth."  

....  Sigh, I'm really immature.  "
If you read it that way you are the one that is immature because I had no intention of making it sound so dirty, I hope you took the time to read the end of my sentence. "
We are in agreement then.
discost3w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By discost3w
@RE_Player92 said:
" @KimChi4U said:
" @discost3w: exactly. I was trying to make the point that some people eat/say/do things that others can't understand why. Some people don't like spicy food, some people don't like coffee and some people don't like alcohol. Sephiroth9997 -A.K.A. Mr. Conformity needed someone to point that out.  And yes, it's just as silly as arguing about favorite colors with a friend. Mine is blue, by the way  =) "
I understand 100%. I think the topic should have been called " Why do you drink / not drink alcohol?" "
Here we go, now I'm satisfied :) 
 I don't drink often, but when I do it's because I feel like having less restraint and caring a little bit less about what I'll say. So I guess be less shy and I will always get a good laugh out of it
Sepultallica86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 12

#111  Edited By Sepultallica86

I drink, because for the time being, it is amazing, but the next morning can somewhat suck.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By Lifestrike

I do not think it tastes good, and I do not enjoy being drunk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Shirogane said:
"

I think beer tastes horrible, and see no reason why you'd drink the stuff. Other types of alcohol are pretty awesome though. 

A better question is why do people smoke cigarettes? There's no benefit at all, it's like paying to slowly kill yourself.

"
Do you even realise what you just wrote?
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#114  Edited By armaan8014

it's stupid.
/thread

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115  Edited By shirogane
@Khann said:
" @Shirogane said:
"

I think beer tastes horrible, and see no reason why you'd drink the stuff. Other types of alcohol are pretty awesome though. 

A better question is why do people smoke cigarettes? There's no benefit at all, it's like paying to slowly kill yourself.

"
Do you even realise what you just wrote? "

Somewhat, but not fully? I do feel there is some kind of logic failure in there...there was something i was missing when i wrote that, but i couldn't remember so i just went with what i had.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#116  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@KaosAngel said:
" You find out how girls really are on the inside, so it helps when you're older and looking for a potentional wife.  >.>  EDIT:  Same works for guys who show their true side to women, I just picked the first way...becasue I'm a dude who is into girls. "
You're always on about girls.... its fucking sad IMO 

@sopranosfan said:
"  " I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin    Nuff said. "
I dont get it :P 
If they DO drink, then the best they're going to feel is when they drink rather than when they wake up ? 
What about hungover mornings ? dont they make us even? :P 

Personally i think drinking is kinda pathetic, just like i think any desperate attempts to SOCIALIIIIIIIZZZEEEE are pathetic 
I tried the stuff and they all taste like something someone would make me drink as a method of torture 

But hey, if people who drink enjoy it, it's their business.
SpecJoeMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SpecJoeMagic
@oldschool said:
" I have no idea either.  It tastes truly horrid - all of it.  I am yet to find a completely truthful person who loved alcohol from the first drink.  They just keep doing it to "fit in" and eventually acquire a taste for it.  You can acquire a like of just about anything if you keep doing it, but pure logic says to me that it is a stupid concept. "

Honestly, I didn't like beer the first time I drank it, but I tried a different kind and enjoyed it.  My point is that the taste of alcohol can vary a great deal depending on how the alcoholic beverage is prepared.  If I'd drank the other beer first, I may have liked alcohol from the get go.  Also, I prefer certain types of liquor over beer.  For example, I'm a big fan of a Martguerita.  I didn't keep doing it to fit in, as I wasn't attempting to fit in.  I started consuming it just because I wanted to try it.  There was no one around that I was trying to impress.  It was just me and my wife.   Oh, and the concept of acquiring a  like by continuing to do it is not always a stupid concept.  For example, let's say that the thing that you are attempting to acquire a like for is healthy for you, such as vegetables, then that concept would be a great thing. 

That leads me to the topic starter.  RJay_64, drinking alcohol to fit in is the wrong reason to drink it.  Besides, it's not like you are actually getting drunk or even a buzz by taking a few sips.  If those you are hanging out with don't want to hang out with you because you don't drink alcohol, then they are very superficial and not worth your time anyway.  

As for me, I consume certain kinds of alcoholic beverages because I like the taste and it helps me to relax.  That said, I've never actually been drunk because I don't have a desire to do so.  I stop drinking once I feel a buzz or sometimes even before I feel a buzz. 
Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Jared

I waited till I was 21 to try beer and I'm glad I did because it tastes horrible. Before I drank a beer I would think "why do people like this crap", well after drinking it I know...people simply drink to get drunk or at least get a buzz feeling. I've tried probably a dozen types of beer since turning 21, they all still taste horrible. The most alcohol I've ever had was two beers, I didn't like how I felt, it was difficult for me to walk straight, and my vision was off...that doesn't sound like fun to me.

Warskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119  Edited By Warskull

There are lots of different kinds of alcohol, it has a rich cultural history to it.  There is a huge variety of beers, wines, and liquors.  In which you can probably find something you like.  Heck, studies have shown that a glass of red wine or a beer a day (dark beer is better) is actually good for you.  The key is enjoying it responsibly and in moderation.  You can't really enjoy your drink of choice if you are drunk out of your mind. 

For people who say they don't like beer, I encourage you to try some microbrews.  Bud, Miller, and Coors really aren't all that good.  If you try a few microbrews you may find something that suits your taste.  There are tons of different flavors and styles.  Personally, I am a fan of Great Lakes Brewery (Ohio), Dogfish head (Delaware), and Ommegang (New York.)

A good beer or glass of wine with your meal can make the whole experience better.

The_Bowman_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#120  Edited By The_Bowman_007

Rjay, your drinking habits reminded me of one of my favorite Bender quotes from Futurama:

LEELA: "Bender, why did you jump in?"
BENDER: "Everyone was doing it... I just wanted to be popular."

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By Cube
@catfish said:
" Why do people have sex? I mean aside from the fact that it feels really really really good you could get an STD or the girl could get pregnant. Almost everything good has a downside, if you judge a thing like alcohol based solely on the fact that it isn't good for you, than you are uneducated in the literal sense. "
People have sex because that's our entire reason for living. 

The fact that pregnancy is considered a "side effect" of having sex is laughable. Now, I'm not going to have tons of children just because that's the reason for sex (I can't afford that), but I just find it funny is all.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Coombs

lol at the teenagers in this thread.

Because it can be enjoyable.
I have 1-3 drinks a night on the weekend, And that's about it.  It has been years since I have gotten completely shit-faced, 
With age comes the knowledge that drinking is best when done to relax, Not simply to get drunk.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By Milkman
@Sephiroth9997 said:
" This thread is dumb.  Why does anyone do anything?  "
Exactly. This is stupid.
KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By KimChi4U

I have questions for the people who say that alcohol tastes like crap. 

What was your first drink? Was this the drink that you thought tasted bad? If you continued to try different kinds of drinks, what did you try after that? How much more did you drink? 

I'd be curious to know if maybe you didn't like the taste of alcohol because you were maybe drinking something that wasn't good to begin with. Or maybe your first beer was room temperature. I know for a fact I like beer a lot more when it's ice cold. I also know that there are certain brands of beer that don't sit well with me either. 

I'm not advocating going out and finding the one drink that you might like....if you don't like drinking that's your opinion. I'm simply saying that I love a cold beer on a hot day. I don't have self esteem issues, I don't try to fit in (it's hard for a white guy to fit in in Korea) and I don't drink to get hammered. What's so hard to understand about someone who likes the taste of an alcoholic beverage?

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Lukaz
@oldschool said:

The first time I drank and the first time I got drunk were merely results of my curiosity. I wanted to know how it tasted and how it felt to be drunk. My first tasting wasn't satisfactory but the outcome was great. Being drunk makes me feel lighter and less restrained by depressing logic. With friends, being mindless is a very fun experience that exceeds many others.  

Oh, and I used to hate broccoli and mustard with all my heart. Now I find broccoli rather enjoyable and I can't live without mustard on my sandwiches.   
dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#126  Edited By dtat

I really hate the feeling alcohol gives me. I hate the feeling of not being entirely in control of my actions. I always end up feeling like an idiot. I also am not a big fan of the taste of most alcoholic beverages. Beer especially. I will never understand why people drink it. I've had dozens of different brands from all over the place. It still tastes like shit.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#127  Edited By Gunner
@RJay_64 said:
" Well in some sense I do.  "to have fun"  "to release inhibitions".  But if you need alcohol to do something, isn't there an underlying problem with you in the first place?  "I need poison to do this, or I can't do it." Is that the right logic to use?  The only reason I'd drink alcohol is if I was at a party (which I rarely am) just to not look different and strange.  But I wouldn't be enjoying it.  I'd just be sipping the cup in little amounts for as long as possible, to make it look like I was enjoying it, when really I'd only drink it to fit in.  "
Thats your problem right there, your thinking too much. Alcohol is a drug people use to get stupid for a change, let loose and just say whats on your mind. Normally people have this filter between their brain and their mouth that filters out things that might offend someone or that you think might make you seem weird, alcohol removes that barrier so you can be yourself without worrying about it. 

Its all about good times, not whether or not your trying to fit in. If you don't like the way alcohol makes you feel or you don't like the taste than just don't drink it. Dont worry about what people might think of you, 90% of the time people dont care whether your drinking or not.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#128  Edited By oldschool
@discost3w said:
" @oldschool said: 

@Jeffsekai said: 

@oldschool said: 

Yet people drink coffee so you must hate them too. "
What crawled up your arse?  Where did I say that I hate people who drink alcohol?  My partner drinks wine because she likes it, but even she admits she didn't like alcohol, but acquired the taste eventually, confirming it was about peer pressure and a desire to be an "adult".  And yes, I hate coffee.  I can't stand the smell either.  Same thing as alcohol, as in you acquire the taste with persistence.  However, with coffee, I have been involved in selling millions of dollars of it over the last 11 years, so it pays my bills. "
 Alcohol doesn't pay anybody's bill, I guess.  
"
Hey, my brother became a millionaire from producing beer, by running factories in Shanghai, Phnom Penh, Adelaide and Nandi, so I dispute that.
47_MasoN_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#129  Edited By 47_MasoN_47
I've never tried alcohol, but I really just don't have any desire to do so.  I'm around people that drink all the time and they generally get loud and annoying.  I prefer to stay in control of my actions.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By oldschool
@SpecJoeMagic said:
" @oldschool said:
 Honestly, I didn't like beer the first time I drank it, but I tried a different kind and enjoyed it.  My point is that the taste of alcohol can vary a great deal depending on how the alcoholic beverage is prepared.  If I'd drank the other beer first, I may have liked alcohol from the get go.  Also, I prefer certain types of liquor over beer.  For example, I'm a big fan of a Martguerita.  I didn't keep doing it to fit in, as I wasn't attempting to fit in.  I started consuming it just because I wanted to try it.  There was no one around that I was trying to impress.  It was just me and my wife.   Oh, and the concept of acquiring a  like by continuing to do it is not always a stupid concept.  For example, let's say that the thing that you are attempting to acquire a like for is healthy for you, such as vegetables, then that concept would be a great thing. "
I am not likely to disagree with you, except that beer tends to be the gateway drink for boys.  They usually drink it initially to fit in.  I am not saying they don't always like it, because after a while, clearly they do.  My only real point is about why most start to begin with.  I am not a wowser - I just came from a work trip and I am the only non-drinker.  It didn't stop me having a good time.  I did have to explain to a client what she did at 1 am under extreme influence of alcohol.  The boring old adage is true - everything in moderation.  The risks of excess are great and real, especially for women.   

Also, I need to remind people of my blog last year, when my work roommate came in ay 3 am, completely out of it and he pissed all over all of my clothes whilst standing naked in front of my bed.  That cost him his job.  People who drink should not have an excuse for their excesses.
discost3w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By discost3w
@oldschool said:
"
Hey, my brother became a millionaire from producing beer, by running factories in Shanghai, Phnom Penh, Adelaide and Nandi, so I dispute that. "
I was kidding of course, if there's is something that has to be good business at the moment it's alcohol.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Cube
@oldschool: LOL He pissed on your clothes, awesome.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By oldschool
@discost3w said:
" @oldschool said:
"
Hey, my brother became a millionaire from producing beer, by running factories in Shanghai, Phnom Penh, Adelaide and Nandi, so I dispute that. "
I was kidding of course, if there's is something that has to be good business at the moment it's alcohol. "
Actually, I thought you were being sarcastic, but not in a nasty way. 

@Lukaz said:
" @oldschool said:
 The first time I drank and the first time I got drunk were merely results of my curiosity. I wanted to know how it tasted and how it felt to be drunk. My first tasting wasn't satisfactory but the outcome was great. Being drunk makes me feel lighter and less restrained by depressing logic. With friends, being mindless is a very fun experience that exceeds many others.    Oh, and I used to hate broccoli and mustard with all my heart. Now I find broccoli rather enjoyable and I can't live without mustard on my sandwiches.    "
I eat a lot of things I never ate in the past and have stopped eating a lot I did.  I think that is more about the evolving nature of our taste buds though.  I can't live without chili and I didn't eat that as a kid.
trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#134  Edited By trylks

Considering the vodka taste and consumption I would say the taste of alcohol is not the cause of people drinking it. Consider tequila and the usual ritual to drink it (salt, lemon, ...), now consider what would happen if you had to do the same to drink lama milk, do you think lama milk would be as popular as tequila?

It's not only peer pressure, alcohol has a lot of memes associated in our society, and that's logical if you consider the effects it has on neural (impulse transmission) inhibition, it has been part of the human culture for a while, so it is logical that there are many associated.

Consider the hedhehog's dilemma, the rite of drinking with other people just takes down the spines, people enjoy being drunk when they are surrounded by people that are drunk too. A lot of barriers go down, and for that you like to know the other person is doing the same, so there is a part of trust along with the social pressure.  Then, when the barriers come up again they may come with regret, think about the meme of someone waking up with other person and regretting whatever could happen.

It is a complex topic, because it is a drug, as a drug it could be good as the drugs a doctor may tell you to take or it could be bad as allegedly are illegal drugs, actually it has been illegal in some places during some time in history and it is forbidden by some religions, so probably it is illegal at some places nowadays. It also has a very important social aspect, and a lot of memes are related with it, and both things have a strong influence in the perception of alcohol and people who drink it.

There is also some consumption (usually lonely) for kind of therapeutic effects, and the way it makes people feel, being lonely can lead to addiction slightly more easily than drinking in social environments. Consider it as aspirin, your head hurts and you take aspirin, you feel bad (nervous, whatever) and you take alcohol, alcohol is more addictive than aspirin and may have a better taste, though, but the taste is quite irrelevant in the whole thing.

In short, it is a social and cultural rite of drug consumption with a lot of memes associated and people like to be part of the flock. Some people also like the effects it has on them.

That's why people drink alcohol written in one line, replying to the topic. On a side note,  it's interesting that people drink voluntarily alcohol, while there is a strong resistance to take any drug that has effects on the brain, people usually reject those alleging they change their personality, and all that stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you would drink alcohol so you wouldn't look different, isn't there an underlying problem with you ?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By oldschool
@Cube said:
" @oldschool: LOL He pissed on your clothes, awesome. "
Not for me it wasn't.  It was 4 am and I had all my clothes laid out for the trip home.  Not for him it wasn't, he lost his job.  Pissing on the television didn't help as well.  I have to wait for 22.3 years before I can laugh about it  :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shirogane said:
" @Khann said:
" @Shirogane said:
"

"
Somewhat, but not fully? I do feel there is some kind of logic failure in there...there was something i was missing when i wrote that, but i couldn't remember so i just went with what i had. "
Just the fact that alcohol isn't good for you at all either. 

People smoke for the same reasons people drink alcohol. Why do people drink alcohol? Well, that's what this topic is for ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldschool said:
" @Cube said:
Not for me it wasn't.  It was 4 am and I had all my clothes laid out for the trip home.  Not for him it wasn't, he lost his job.  Pissing on the television didn't help as well.  I have to wait for 22.3 years before I can laugh about it  :/ "
You had to wait 22 years before you got over the fact that someone peed on your clothes you had laid out?

Man, that's a bit silly.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By shirogane
@Khann:
Yeah, alcohol isn't good for you either, most of the time. 

It can be though, apparantly, if you take it in moderation, or something. 
 And it does make you feel better. 

I don't see how smoking does any of that. Tobacco that is. Not that other crazy stuff. 

Also, alcohol is a drink, which means you're taking in stuff. Everyone likes eating/drinking. Breathing...not quite so enjoyable yeah?
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Coombs
@Khann said:

" @Shirogane said:

" @Khann said:

" @Shirogane said:

"

"
Somewhat, but not fully? I do feel there is some kind of logic failure in there...there was something i was missing when i wrote that, but i couldn't remember so i just went with what i had. "

Just the fact that alcohol isn't good for you at all either.   People smoke for the same reasons people drink alcohol. Why do people drink alcohol? Well, that's what this topic is for ;) "
Smoking is more relaxing than anything a non smoker can ever imagine.

I'll use a quote from the show Fraiser:
  Frasier: Now, Bebe, tell me, what is so wonderful about smoking?
Bebe: Everything! I like the way a fresh firm pack feels in my hand. I like peeling away that little piece of cellophane and seeing it twinkle in the light. I like coaxing that first sweet cylinder out of its hiding place and bringing it slowly up to my lips. Striking a match, watching it burst into a perfect little flame and knowing that soon that flame will be inside me! I love the first puff, pulling it into my lungs... little fingers of smoking filling me, caressing me, feeling that warmth penetrate deeper and deeper until I think I'm going to burst! Then... watching it flow out of me in a lovely sinuous cloud, no two ever quite the same! 

The speech begins at 5:30

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By oldschool
@Khann said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Cube said:
Not for me it wasn't.  It was 4 am and I had all my clothes laid out for the trip home.  Not for him it wasn't, he lost his job.  Pissing on the television didn't help as well.  I have to wait for 22.3 years before I can laugh about it  :/ "
You had to wait 22 years before you got over the fact that someone peed on your clothes you had laid out?  Man, that's a bit silly. "
Dude, it happened last year, and the 22.3 years is the South Park Aids joke  :/ 

Damn kids today, not watching and learning from cartoons  :-)
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Cube

Just had 2 shots of Whisky in tribute to this thread. 

:D

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Coombs
@oldschool: I got the joke, And it made me laugh.
Screw the young-uns
fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By fishmicmuffin
@TheCreamFilling said:
" I will never drink alcohol. I've seen what it did to my father and I don't want to end up like that.  "
Same thing for me, but with smoking. And my mother. 
Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Dauragon

I drink because I like the way some beers taste (yeah even shitty cheap beers) and It feels good. I was never peer pressured into drinking. I have never drank to "fit in". Some of the most fun I've had with friends and/or family have involved good music, good company and good beer.  

Different strokes for different folks. 

Avatar image for guitarjunkie1123
guitarjunkie1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't help but notice the overwhelming percentage of people who are using the hasty generalization  fallacy in their arguments. Just because your experience with those who drink has been generally positive, or generally negative in no way implies that EVERY experience with drinking will be that same way. I feel stupid myself for even posting in this thread because lulz @ argument on intarwebz! Nonetheless I hope someone takes away the idea that YOUR experience is not necessarily the exact same experience of everyone else. Logic may dictate this conclusion to you, but if you read Immanuel Kant's epistemology perhaps you may concede at least a respect for, or acquiescence to, an opposing perspective.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Mmmslash

Alcohol makes all of the bad things less bad, for a little while. This is why people become alcoholics.

Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Demokk
@Trylks said:
In short, it is a social and cultural rite of drug consumption with a lot of memes associated and people like to be part of the flock. Some people also like the effects it has on them. That's why people drink alcohol written in one line, replying to the topic. 
Completely agree!

I think the real question is: Why do people like to get drunk?

I don't drink, but I have nothing against people who do. On the other hand however I don't like one bit being around drunk people.

Regarding the "It helps me socialize" thing... honestly, it sounds a little bit weird, I mean no offense to anyone but it sounds like an excuse to me. If you can't socialize without alcohol in your blood, then maybe it is because you don't want to; maybe you're socializing just because you feel that you have to.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Coombs
@guitarjunkie1123: 
no.   I'm right your wrong.
HaHa I win.
You argue bad