I think I'm about to do something REALLY dumb...

• 78 results
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Poll I think I'm about to do something REALLY dumb... (342 votes)

Adult you is right. 58%
Kid you is right. 42%

While shopping around online for tuques to keep my head warm during these cold months I came across this cool looking Ninja Turtle hat that was made to look like one of their heads. Sadly it was out of stock or I would have bought it. This however lead me down a rabbit hole of googling and online window shopping and I have since come to realize that the Ninja Turtles are back and a thing again. As someone who lived during the first Ninja Turtle crazy would be well aware, that means merchandising. Lots and lots of merchandising.

So this is where the bad life decisions come into play. I have since come across these fine toys and am now hovering over a buy button but can't pull the trigger. As I sit here looking at these things, the kid in me is jumping up and down screaming as he tries to come up with any kind of excuse imaginable to buy these. These are the kind of toys I would see in the isle as a kid and only dream of owning but now as an adult I can finally own these things. The problem is the adult in me can only see the $100+ I'm thinking of plopping down for a bunch of dumb toys that will sit on a shelf collecting dust for a few years until I get tired of looking at them and throw them out or give them away to charity and all the other things I could spend that $100+ on.

I think I know what you fine folks are going to say, but I figured I would throw a few more voices in to the vote to help sway me one way or the other. So what say you?

• 
egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Chances are you will never use them or feel silly you got them. But if nothing else the money spent went toward satisfying your curiosity or simply preventing such purchases in the future.

Think of it as spending money not for toys, but for making the feeling of wanting to buy toys go away. Like your brain is poisoned, and the toys are the antidote.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

screw it i'm buying metroplex

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

screw it i'm buying metroplex

Damn right! I'm saving up for a house and I still buy Master Grade Transformers, and those sucker's are easily $100+ a pop.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah I saw these mother fuckers at Toys R US while Christmas shopping last week. large scale, high quality, good sculpts. I say go for it, I would have grabbed all four but I blew like $350 on Metal Gear figures this year. . . . .

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Pop

Yeah, I'm looking at these Pokemon TCG cards, it's the first 151 pokemon. It's like $70. I collected these cards when I was a kid and only got to 40 cards. I just want to have a complete collection of something.

edit: Go for it man, I'm getting my pokemon! It's Christmas buy yourself something.

No Caption Provided

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Brenderous
Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tonight I'm going to take a picture of my kitchen counter-tops.... Both sides of my kitchen are covered in Super Hero glasses, cups, & mugs.

I have Marvel all on one side, and DC all on the other. You don't mix them, ever. Unless it's a Deadpool comic, that would probably be acceptable.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If they aren't the original action figures from the late 80's/early 90's then pfft.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I bought Kiss figures in '97, a Darth vader stand up from a girl in a K-Mart parking lot, forty various Star Wars figures from '96 to '98, A Start Wars wall mount from Wal-Mart, over two thousand sports card including a Micheal Jordan the guy told me was worth twenty dollars, I paid him five, its worth fifty cents. none of this stuff is worth anything. Its all shit, buy one of those, dont spend a hundred bucks. One Turtle will make you happy. The Kiss figures might go up in value with the hall of fame induction, the Resident Evil toy is valued at forty dollars, it might go up in 2016. Fuck no. Look heres the thing if your looking to go back to your childhood then find the originals. once I found out Optimus Prime mint condition in box was worth two hundred bucks I gave up on collecting.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By brainwins

Neca says, prepare your asshole.

No Caption Provided

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who's almost 30 and still loves Ninja Turtles I say do it. I would if I had extra cash, no questions asked.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't they fucked up now, though? Like they're aliens now because hollywood is stupid.

That's the dumb live action movie they want to make. The cartoon reboot is still the same old story you love with some slight twists here and there.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Just buy them dude.

What's the point of this short pathetic life if we aren't surrounded by the things and people we love. Fuck 100 dollars.

This duder knows whats up!!!!

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

After a nights sleep and some soul searching I ended up getting some. I decided against the ones in the OP as they were too expensive, and I actually found the below ones for $8 each and I actually prefer the look of them. Plus after seeing some reviews the large ones don't have any good points of articulation, so they would not be easily poseable.

These are the ones I ended up going with. Sadly they won't arrive until after christmas, but that's no big deal I suppose.

This was the right choice, for sure. The standard ninja turtles action figures in the new series are BAD ASS! Material feels great, super pose-able/flexible, and they just look awesome. My 4 year old has a couple of the talking ones, which are pretty hilarious, but the smaller standard toys are way cooler in my opinion. You won't be disappointed.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By crusader8463

@nate: Glad to hear they are really poseable. After I had the order shipped I saw that they had footsoldiers too and now I think I'm going hunt around for them so I can buy a few and set up this whole fight scene on a shelf somewhere. If they are super posable I think I may go really crazy and start looking for or making stuff to make like a scene or environment for them to fight in. I think I started something real bad...

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The weapon storage ones specifically pictured are great. I understand the reservation of dropping money on these things but its worth the 10-20 bucks. I've spent Mich more on transformers and other assorted figures.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

go for it.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are half right/wrong.

Yes, you should be buying Ninja Turtles. However, you should be buying original Ninja Turtles and not this bullshit. Are you a child? No, you are a man with money and men with money buy what they originally threw away or lost.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

This reminds me I want to shamefully buy that new scooby doo movie where john cena wrestles a bear. I have such a fondness of scooby-doo even in adulthood.

Loading Video...

But glad you get to relive some childhood moments :).

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#71  Edited By Tom_omb

The classic toys are pretty cheap on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=ninja+turtles&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X90s+ninja+turtles&_nkw=90s+ninja+turtles&_sacat=0

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Alright, now get to work on a Thundercats collection or something?

mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mozzle

Michael Bay is bringing Ninja Turtles back.

You'll try and tell people it was all about classic Ninja Turtles, but all they will know is the shit Bay film.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Depends. How important are the Turtles to you? Why are you getting them? Do you think that buying these Turtles will somehow give you a piece of your childhood back? It doesn't.

If all you want is some cool pieces as mementos for something you love then have at it. I've got a framed poster for Transformers '86. Not a big deal.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: I... I don't know what to think of that. That is both the worst and best thing I have seen in awhile.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought you were going to say that you were going to try doing heroin

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By MikkaQ

Well what are you going to do with them? Play with them? I guess if you can't find anything better to treat yourself with but man.. 100 bucks buys a pretty nice massage, just saying...