Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Judging by the INTERNET NEWZ the Undertaker's hip surgery and major shoulder surgery he needed last has prevented him from doing much upper body work outs. And that this might be a test to see if he feels he can put on a match that is up to his quality.

I would love to just figure out this man and what keeps him going. Because it doesn't seem to be money.

Being greedy since I'm going, I would love to see him at Mania one more time.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

He's looking pretty fat.

Well he is in his, what, late 40's now? Eventually that slow metabolism is going to catch up to you. Not to mention the surgeries he's been undergoing probably make it difficult to exercise consistently.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko said:

@krullban said:

He's looking pretty fat.

Well he is in his, what, late 40's now? Eventually that slow metabolism is going to catch up to you. Not to mention the surgeries he's been undergoing probably make it difficult to exercise consistently.

He will be 48 going into Wrestlemania. He debuted in 1990.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10604  Edited By cmblasko

@drx25: Yep. There needs to be a major mentality shift among those who call the shots backstage. Maybe the female demographic isn't ready to altogether embrace professional wrestling, but I feel like they are at least willing to be courted by it.

Love Greenfield, guy is way too savvy to have ever been used effectively by WWE. Sometimes it's crazy to think how much better the product would be if the creative guys could get things done without being filtered so heavily by Vince or Dunn.

@gorillamopena: Wow, yeah, being able to still go as hard as Undertaker has been for so long is really impressive. I doubt I will be doing ANYTHING too physical at age 48, yet here he is trying to steal the show again at WM.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't say that I'm super excited over the prospect of Punk/Taker at Wrestlemania, but then again this entire WM is looking pretty weak in my mind.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@joshthebear: I don't want to watch this because I don't like to be sad.

Your heroes should never grow old.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10607  Edited By Milkman

Looks like Sami Callihan has signed with the WWE. It isn't being reported by anyone else yet but this Twitter account is usually extremely reliable.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10608  Edited By cmblasko

I can't say that I'm super excited over the prospect of Punk/Taker at Wrestlemania, but then again this entire WM is looking pretty weak in my mind.

I'm sure that Taker/Punk will seem much more appealing once they give their characters motivation for having the match. Hopefully it's not just "Taker screwed Punk out of the WM main event match and now they will fight."

@milkman said:

Looks like Sami Callihan has signed with the WWE. It isn't being reported by anyone else yet but this Twitter account is usually extremely reliable.

Was half-expecting the twitter account to be CrankyVince.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We haven't heard from King Mo in a while, let's see how he's....oh.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@milkman: Well, that gives King MO plenty of time in TNA at least

I'm also interested to see if WWE can do anything with Callihan. From what little I've seen of him in PWG he seems like a real entertaining crazy guy. At the same time I could see him just becoming a jobber in NXT.

I guess I really need to go watch DDT4 now since it seems like that would be both his and Generico's last show.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@milkman: To be fair to King Mo, that back fist came out of nowhere.

if Sami Callihan is signed to the WWE... then I'm starting to assume that there might be another brand split coming down the road... there's just way too much talent on the WWE roster right now to say that WWE has one roster. I'd go back and look at 2002 and see how amazing of a job Heyman did with Smackdown back then.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@milkman said:

I don't think I've ever seen somebody try to catch the person they just knocked out before

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Mick Foley episode of The Nerdidst hit today for those who aren't subscribed:

Have a nice day!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10614  Edited By turboman

@milkman said:

I don't think I've ever seen somebody try to catch the person they just knocked out before

That looks more like a "I'm going to put you in a rear naked choke" than a "I'm going to catch you so you don't hit your head on the ground"

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is my understanding that ACH is going to be in a six man battle royal at the next ROH ippv correct?

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@joshthebear: I hate that. Hey all that work we're putting in to make the Hall Of Fame relevant and legit? FORGET IT.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10618  Edited By papercut

@joshthebear: I hate that. Hey all that work we're putting in to make the Hall Of Fame relevant and legit? FORGET IT.

To be fair he's going into the Celebrity Wing along with Drew Carey, Pete Rose and Mike Tyson. The Celebrity Wing has always been a joke that is just kinda there for media attention.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

So is my understanding that ACH is going to be in a six man battle royal at the next ROH ippv correct?

I don't think it's a battle royal. I think it's more of a six-pack challenge type thing. Either way, looking at the other people in that match, this is a poor use of ACH.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10622  Edited By Milkman

MONDAY NIGHT CHAT

TONIGHT...CM Punk and John Cena face off to remind everyone that it will never be as good as the first time, the Undertaker (probably) shows up to hobble his way into another WrestleMania match, Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman duke it out, which definitely won't just be an excuse to do Lesnar vs. HHH again. All this and more, featuring a right wing self-centered delusional dickhead and Glen Beck!

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

I have a feeling that I'm going to shake my head a record amount of times during tonight's Raw .

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Donald Trump in the HoF? WWE should probably just stop doing the HoF.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tapping out on Raw after 1.5 hours. Not a single decent segment yet lots of dumb advertisements.

Wish I could just fast-forward to Wrestlemania.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Punk Cena was great.

But let's get down to what is important. FANDANGO INCOMING

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sad truth: we all like to say what a shit wrestler Cena is but he's going to carry The Rock through a 30 minute match at WrestleMania.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There was a Piledriver on Raw, enough said.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Good start. Surprisingly good match with a clean finish at the end, and other than an amazing bit with Maddox, not really anything worthwhile in between

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

The sad truth: we all like to say what a shit wrestler Cena is but he's going to carry The Rock through a 30 minute match at WrestleMania.

Wait we call Cena a shit wrestler? I hate his character but the guy can have great matches. It is more of a booking problem.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10632  Edited By Krullban

Anybody notice it looked like Triple H pissed himself?

Piss..running down..

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Wait we call Cena a shit wrestler? I hate his character but the guy can have great matches. It is more of a booking problem.

Oh, for sure. It definitely is a booking problem most of the time. Cena vs. Punk at MITB may legitimately be my favorite match of all-time. But there's no denying that in the ring at times he's about as technically proficient as a dead manatee. Paired with the right opponent in the right environment, he can have as good a match as anyone, as we saw tonight. Is the Rock that right opponent? If last year is any indication, nooooope. But at least, Cena has proven many times that he can have a great match. All the Rock has done since he came back is lay on the mat and look like a dying big mouth bass.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@gorillamopena said:

@milkman said:

Oh, for sure. It definitely is a booking problem most of the time. Cena vs. Punk at MITB may legitimately be my favorite match of all-time. But there's no denying that in the ring at times he's about as technically proficient as a dead manatee. Paired with the right opponent in the right environment, he can have as good a match as anyone, as we saw tonight. Is the Rock that right opponent? If last year is any indication, nooooope. But at least, Cena has proven many times that he can have a great match. All the Rock has done since he came back is lay on the mat and look like a dying big mouth bass.

Oh he isn't exactly smooth technically. Cena is also helped that he is basically willing to do anything. I'm not sure anyone can drag a match out of Rock if he has no cardio.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10635  Edited By papercut

FANDANGO THIS FRIDAY!

FANDANGO THIS FRIDAY!

FANDANGO THIS FRIDAY!

FANDANGO THIS FRIDAY!

FANDANGO THIS FRIDAY!

FANDANGO THIS FRIDAY!

FANDANGO THIS FRIDAY!

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10636  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

John Cena did a hurricanrana and sit out powerbomb, and Punk did a piledriver. Those were three moves that I never thought I'd see in a match between them two.

That might be a match of the year contender right there.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was mention on the chat tonight But just think about it guys.

John Cena + Jack Frost = You cant see me Ho!!! (photoshop guys go Krazy with this one)

ms_papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't help but hear Jack Swagger scream "WEED THE PEOPLE!"

Also, I think the crowd needs to start chanting "Que?" instead of "What?" for Alberto.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aronleon: I will also accept the Frost Father. "Come aboard the hee-hoooooooo train!".

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Juan Cena strikes again tonight!

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In not current Raw related news, I tried uploading that awful Bo Dallas promo from a few weeks ago on raw which is suspiciously absent from Youtube. When I uploaded it, it was blocked immediately. I smell a conspiracy.

WWE needs to let people KNOW how bad that promo was. NEED! If not, what will stop the future of humanity from having their own Bo Dallas? What then?

Doom. That's what. Doom.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juan Cena strikes again tonight!

okay, that made me legit laugh.

Also, Brock Lesnar's amazing half guard sweep from the bottom was awesome. I was expecting a transition to a rolling knee bar, but oh well.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good news everyone! I have saved countless future generations.

Loading Video...

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troll Cole is on the loose!

Loading Video...

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FANDANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabid619: You are history's greatest monster.

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised there's been no mention of Lesnar's gushing forehead. RAW was total meh. Prime Time Players were made to look useless, Ziggler is being fed to people as cannon fodder each and every week, and Cesaro is pointlessly beaten again. Is Sheamus feuding with the Shield or Barrett? I'm beginning to lose the will to live.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched Raw on Canada time(15 min delay) during breaks in play in the hockey game. Caught the brock/hhh and cena/punk fight and most of ziggler/ryback. SO maybe it was selective viewing but besides ziggy losing again I enjoyed raw. Blood and pile drivers whats going on? Awesome Cena/Punk match. Also WWE spoiling takers return was weird but whatever. Oh and I think I saw Cesaro lose to Orton that was pretty dumb.

Oh ya the Team Hell No match was the worst but the best at the same time. See PTP what happens when you change your theme.(I know its not their decision.)

@krullban:

No Caption Provided

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

A rapist boxer, a real estate mogul who teaches people the president is a shapeshifting reptile born in Israel, a gambling ballplayer, and Drew Carey. Thats some pro wrestling hall of fame, there.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@milkman said:

Hopefully he joins The Shield.