• 91 results
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By serbsta

Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- President-elect Barack Obama said reviving the U.S. economy will require scaling back on his campaign promises and personal sacrifice from all Americans.

Source

Lol... so much for change. The recession will be the excuse for him cutting back... how much exactly?

Now lets pay attention at his first year once he gets inaugurated and see if anything really changes.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac
serbsta said:
 personal sacrifice from all Americans.
A lot of stupid lazy Americans who voted Obama will hate this line.
I, myself, love it.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this the part where I say "I told you so" to all the idiots?
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By serbsta

“I want to be realistic here, not everything that we talked about during the campaign are we going to be able to do on the pace we had hoped,” Obama said in an interview on ABC’s “This Week” program broadcast this morning. “Everybody’s going to have to give.”

Strange... never thought i would see a politician 'renege' on campaign promises. *roll*

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By jimbojones

Since when has any elect kept their promises? Stop being an idiot. They always say bs to get your vote. 

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rayfield

This thread will end well.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kmdrkul
jakob187 said:
"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Is this the part where I say "I told you so" to all the idiots?
"
This is the part where millions upon millions will exclaim "ME? I didn't vote for him, don't look at me!"
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By serbsta
jimbojones said:
"Since when has any elect kept their promises? Stop being an idiot. They always say bs to get your vote. "
Where did i state otherwise?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
serbsta said:
"jimbojones said:
"Since when has any elect kept their promises? Stop being an idiot. They always say bs to get your vote. "
Where did i state otherwise?"
Right here.
serbsta said:
"Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- President-elect Barack Obama said reviving the U.S. economy will require scaling back on his campaign promises and personal sacrifice from all Americans.

Source

Lol... so much for change. The recession will be the excuse for him cutting back... how much exactly?

Now lets pay attention at his first year once he gets inaugurated and see if anything really changes. so much for keeping promses"

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By jakob187
kmdrkul said:
"jakob187 said:
"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Is this the part where I say "I told you so" to all the idiots?"
This is the part where millions upon millions will exclaim "ME? I didn't vote for him, don't look at me!""
Beauty is that I DIDN'T vote for him!!!  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
To be fair on the dood, though, his ideas were all situational...and virtually non-existant as he never really said HOW he was going to do anything.  Oh well.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

serbsta said:
"Lol... so much for change. "

I like the change so far, the one where we focus on the economy instead of on killing middle easterners.
Rivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rivix

In my opinion, Obama can still do a better job than McCain ever could. 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By JoelTGM

Hah BS, he knew when he made those promises that he would not be able to keep them. 

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By serbsta
Arkthemaniac said:
"serbsta said:
"jimbojones said:
Right here.
serbsta said:
"Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- President-elect Barack Obama said reviving the U.S. economy will require scaling back on his campaign promises and personal sacrifice from all Americans.

Source

Now lets pay attention at his first year once he gets inaugurated and see if anything really changes. so much for keeping promses"

"
Where do the fuck in that post does it say that other politicians dont keep their promises?

Am i missing something here? 0.o
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By turboman

I think it would be impossible for Obama to follow through on all the things he promised before the recession... but I'm hopeful that he'll atleast follow through with ending the useless war we're in and beginning technolagy for energy usage, that's all I ask for and I believe it's doable while he tries to fix this pothole Bush made us.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
serbsta said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"serbsta said:
"jimbojones said:
Right here.
serbsta said:

Source

"
Where do the fuck in that post does it say that other politicians dont keep their promises?

Am i missing something here? 0.o"
Yes, you are.
serbsta said:

Source

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By serbsta
Arkthemaniac said:
"serbsta said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"serbsta said:
"jimbojones said:
Right here.
serbsta said:

Source

"

Am i missing something here? 0.o"
Yes, you are.
serbsta said:

Source

"
Yes, i was stating that FOR Obama... i never said anything about other politicians.

Lets not turn this thread sour, im just interested in all those people earlier who said that Obama would be the change that America needed.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arkthemaniac

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I wrote that in myself, homes!!! Fuckin gold!

As for the topic, Obama isn't the change America needed. A war on American soil would make people man up for once.
jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jimbojones

You make a thread acting surprised he's cutting back on promises. stfu

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By serbsta
Arkthemaniac said:
"LMAO!!!!!!!!

As for the topic, Obama isn't the change America needed. A war on American soil would make people man up for once.
"
Lol, i know you did, im talking about the rest of my post.

Lol, nevermind.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Sacrifice shmackrifice, show me some tits!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkthemaniac said:
"LMAO!!!!!!!!

"

Exactly. This country needs more masculinity. We're becoming inferior, like women. People want that peace and prosperity shit, the pussies!
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac
serbsta said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"LMAO!!!!!!!!

"
Lol, i know you did, im talking about the rest of my post.

Lol, nevermind."
Oh, rats. Thought I got you.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
Rayfield said:
"This thread will end well."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-596b8044e5f9a
deactivated-596b8044e5f9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obama's going to have to make some tough choices financially over the next while, but let's not forget that the Bush administration are the ones responsible for pushing the U.S. national deficit to extreme levels over the past 8 years. The Republicans are to blame for the fact that there's no money stashed away for the hard times.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hexpane

If you were debriefed by George "I just don't give a fuck" W. Bush and learned of all the turd sammiches he was feeding the country, you'd change your expectations as well.

I'm wondering how long til Obama demands a recount so McPalin can have the worst job in the country.  Now that he fully understands how much ruin and failure the BUsh/Cheney era has locked us into for the next 50 years, you gotta think Obama wishes he stayed as his cush job as a senator. 

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Chummy8

If anyone expects serious change in the first year of office is kidding themselves.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By super_machine

Well, the economy is fucked. A lot of people have no choice other than making sacrifices to keep their homes and jobs. Some things will just have to wait. Its not like Obama can go spending willy nilly just because he said he would. Sometimes things change that we dont have control of.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shazam

It's not his fault he walked into a shit hole.

TekZero said:

"If anyone expects serious change in the first year of office is kidding themselves."

True True! Change will not happen that quick, at least some people aren't so impatient. If he fails, then jump on the "I didn't vote for him" bandwagon. Until then, just wait.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Well, it's OK if Obama does it.... afterall, he is the second coming........

................................................................................................................................................................right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam said:
"It's not his fault he walked into a shit hole.

TekZero said:
"If anyone expects serious change in the first year of office is kidding themselves."

True True! Change will not happen that quick, at least some people aren't so impatient. If he fails, then jump on the "I didn't vote for him" bandwagon. Until then, just wait."

Are you kidding? The country is supposed to have made a complete reversal by now. We weren't supposed to wait for his inauguration!
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Snail

You and the fucking government. Even if McCain had been elected you would still point out some shit.

OH and he's getting a Portuguese Water Dog most likely. Because Portugal rules.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By toowalrus

It shouldn't shock you to learn that Obama is just another politician that will promise anything for votes. He's not fuckin' Jesus. Just another slimy politician...

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shazam

Bellum said:
"Shazam said:

TekZero said:

True True! Change will not happen that quick, at least some people aren't so impatient. If he fails, then jump on the "I didn't vote for him" bandwagon. Until then, just wait."

Are you kidding? The country is supposed to have made a complete reversal by now. We weren't supposed to wait for his inauguration!"

Pfft! Yes, Super-Obama will fly in and destroy the evil monster called "Global Recession Man" straight way. ha ;)
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By super_machine
Shazam said:
"
Bellum said:
"Shazam said:

TekZero said:

Are you kidding? The country is supposed to have made a complete reversal by now. We weren't supposed to wait for his inauguration!"

Pfft! Yes, Super-Obama will fly in and destroy the evil monster called "Global Recession Man" straight way. ha ;)"
Couldnt have put it any better. Oh wait!
No Caption Provided

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AvD

OMG A POLTICIAN IZ NOT DOOING EVRYTHNG HE PROMISD, THIS IZ SOOOOO WEIRD!!!!111

Nobody can ever keep every promise they make in a campaign in this broken political system, no one ever has, no one ever will.  This on top of the fact that we're in an economic recession leads me to believe that bringing this up as a way to bash Obama is illogical and a demonstration of the backward partisan mentality that ruins this country.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Chummy8

Gah, everyone's quoting my post and I can't fix that damn typo.

"Anyone who is expecting serious change in the first year of his presidency is kidding themselves".   There I feel better now.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shazam
super_machine said:
Couldn't have put it any better. Oh wait!
No Caption Provided

"
Dude that is unreal! He should have used that while campaigning. ;)  Although, with that look, he might seem more Republican? Oh, the glory of photo shop...
Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Chummy8
Screw Em all
Screw Em all
Yeah. I would rather vote for this guy.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hexpane
TheJollyRajah said:
"Well, it's OK if Obama does it.... afterall, he is the second coming........
................................................................................................................................................................right?
"
Drinking the FAux News h8eraide I see?  Name one credible source that has called Obama the "2nd coming" that is hater speak for republicans
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Snipzor

Who here is dumb enough to believe that any of the social promises could have been filled in within the first year because of the recession?

Anyone? Good. The economic recession shouldn't even guarantee anything could be done, so don't be so shocked. Even then don't even think about liking the republicans, they are the reason America is in such deep shit to begin with. The cartoon below illustrates that quite well that the financial fuck-ups reside with the republicans. Problems are fixed over a period of time, give it some time.

No Caption Provided

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

“I want to be realistic here, not everything that we talked about during the campaign are we going to be able to do on the pace we had hoped,”

So wheres the problem here people? so because hes admitting they will not be able to do what was promised in the time frame they'd like I.E this does not mean we cant do it.

This is like saying We'll that person said it was gonna take longer to rebuild the engine that means they have no inttention on doing it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I've said this before and I'll say it again:
Obama is change in the sense of wanting to wear a black shirt instead of a white one everyday, nothing more

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Player1
jimbojones said:
If that was so evident then, then why did everyone go crazy about all the changes he was going to make,

As Jakob said, I told you so.
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shazam
SmugDarkLoser said:
"I've said this before and I'll say it again:
Obama is change in the sense of wanting to wear a black shirt instead of a white one everyday, nothing more"

I doubt that was a racial slur (with this election, everyone and their mothers have to be P.C about everything) so I'll just take it at face value. Isn't some positive change better than none? If one man can help change the outlook of a nation, cannot that contribute to overall, national change? Goverments in this present climate have no quick fixes, most seem to be barely able to get by. If Obama can make us simply willing to change, isn't that enough?
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Good. I'm glad Obama isn't doing what he said he was going to do.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Wait, what?  Because he didn't know about the recession when he was making those promises...?

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gameboi
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Giantkitty

Just being flexible. Unlike others who will lie just to keep the people happy.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By PufferFiz
Hexpane said:
"TheJollyRajah said:
"Well, it's OK if Obama does it.... afterall, he is the second coming........
"
Drinking the FAux News h8eraide I see?  Name one credible source that has called Obama the "2nd coming" that is hater speak for republicans"
I remember a dinner where he stated that he was not the second coming but came from krypton.