• 52 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

So I decided to buy my first MP3 Player and I got an Ipod Touch like everyone else and the thing just pisses me off. The battery lasts abour 5 mins and I just hate the way you navigate the songs on the Ipod, they just make it really hard to customize it to how you like. It forces you to use Apple formats only and to use itunes and it took me forever to work out how to get songs onto my Ipod and why I can't see the device on my PC as a storage device. I had to do all this dumb sync shit and omg it pissed me off so much. On top of that but when I plug it into the car it locks the device so I have to use the car buttons for some reason which makes it harder to navigate and it will only play the same 2 songs. The earphones that come with it are piss poor and have no bass and even when I bought expensive ones the quality was poor. It finally pissed me off when the damn thing wanted to charge me for an update so I chucked it at the wall and went online and looked for a new one.

I read up on this Cowon S9 mp3 player and it was only £200 so I bought one and I just got it this morning and OMG IT IS SO MUCH BETTER! I hate that the screen is touch screen like the Ipod because I would just prefer buttons but it has gold plated connections for the earphones and they have bass and really good quality. The screen quality is MUCH better and it must be OLED or something because the quality and contrast of the colours just kicks the ipods arse. It doesn't have all them dumb features the Ipod has and it's like...... I just wanna listen to MP3's. Sure theres an SDK for it so you can download third party software for them features but all I want is music. I'm not locked into that fucking annoying Itunes and it shows up as a storage device and all I have to do is transfer songs like a HDD and I'm done.

The most important thing though is it supports FLAC files which offers amazing sound quality on top of the devices sound quality and it just owns the Ipod. I wouldn't give apple's overated device another look, the sound quality on that PoS sucks and honestly I don't know how it has gotten so popular.

Purely on the sound quality and FLAC I love my new Cowon S9!

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By azteris

You should have bought an iPod classic if you just want a music player with no thrills. Mine's been working for at least 3 years now and I'm going to upgrade soon.

Most of your complaints seem like user error to me, especially the 'difficulty' with syncing the iPod. That's never been an issue for anyone I've ever talked to.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

I'm just going to add in that my second generation nano is pretty bad as well.  It has a ton of weird issues, though, I have had it for a couple of years.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

I know people make fun of it but I love my Zune. I've got one of the originals and it's a tank. Its survived two trips to Europe, my college dorm, the Army, and any number of drops and smashes. The Zune Marketplace isn't a bad music service to boot. I get all of my podcasts through there and the Microsoft Points you buy can be used for both it and Xbox Live.

In short I <3 Microsoft.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JudgeDread
PapaLazarou said:
"

So I decided to buy my first MP3 Player and I got an Ipod Touch like everyone else and the thing just pisses me off.

It doesn't have all them dumb features the Ipod has and it's like...... I just wanna listen to MP3's. 

"

So why on earth did you buy an iPod Touch?????
you should have bought an iPod Nano 16gb, best MP3-player I have ever owned. Great interface, great battery-time and good sound (with non-apple headphones). I have one iriver and one Ipod Classic too. As well as mobile phone and some budget players. And i have owned an iaudio as well, great sound crappy interface.
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Nano is the shit, sorry to hear that you bought a touch bro.

CenturionCajun said:
"I know people make fun of it but I love my Zune. I've got one of the originals and it's a tank. Its survived two trips to Europe, my college dorm, the Army, and any number of drops and smashes. The Zune Marketplace isn't a bad music service to boot. I get all of my podcasts through there and the Microsoft Points you buy can be used for both it and Xbox Live.

In short I <3 Microsoft.
"
Your Zune didn't die of alcohol poisoning on New Years?
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By Geno

iPods are pretty much like everything else Apple makes, nice and shiny but not that functional. I owned some sort of iPod since the second generation and the iTunes syncing thing has always been a nightmare. It's like the programmer who designed iTunes intentionally made everything as bugged and hard to navigate as possible. As for the sound quality thing, I can't really attest to, I think it sounds about even for most mp3 players.

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By justinnotjason

yeah ipods have to use itunes :/

I got my iriver t10 - 512mb - It's small as crap but it works the way I like it and it has yet to fail me.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KindGalaxy

Yeah, I have an iPod for my regular music and the iPhone (like the iTouch), I use for podcasts, and maybe 2-3 albums I enjoy at the moment. For a dedicated music device, I'd always grab my iPod Classic.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

The battery on my iPod Touch lasts about 30 hours.  If yours lasts five minutes, it's defective.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By azteris

I don't understand why you all blame Apple and iTunes for stuff you can easily correct (turn sync off and it's just drag and drop).

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Not as much as my MP3 player.

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 60GB. It's from 2003. Shit yeah! It doesn't even work in cold weather, so using it in the car on cold mornings is pretty much out of the question. Specifically, it boots up and then infinitely reboots itself until I forcibly remove the rechargeable battery, which is done by snapping the front cover off. Oh, and the thing's nearly a pound, and almost two inches thick with the case on.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13  Edited By the8bitNacho

I've owned an iPod Classic, an iPod Touch and I recently purchased an iPhone, and I honestly have to say that a lot of what you're complaining about doesn't really seem valid.  First off, you bought a friggin' iPod Touch when you really don't seem to like touch screens at all.  Second, a lot of what you're sayying just sounds like you don't understand the device.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By kenzo287

is syncing really that bad i just drag and drop them into itunes and ten seconds later they're on the ipod seemed pretty easy to me didnt even have to buy the music just used what i already had

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Osaladin

My 3rd gen iPod Nano 8gb, was probably one of my best electronic purchases. I love it, my only regret is that I underestimated how much space I would use. I'd kill myself if I didn't have my iPod when I travel.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crunchUK

First mp3 player???? lololol you're a few years too late

also ipod touch is sexy

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I've got an 80GB iPod classic, and an 8GB iPhone and I'm happy with both. But if you just wanted an MP3 player the iPod Touch is overkill. It has waaaay too many features if you plan to use it just as an MP3 player. What made you buy it in the first place if you just wanted a basic MP3 player. A nano (if you only need a small memory) or a classic (if you want more memory) would have been far more appropriate.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By penguindust

I have a 30 gig Ipod Video, which is basically the previous generation version of the Ipod Classic and I love it.  Its battery lasts a good long time, the face is scratch resistant, and it fits comfortably into my shirt pocket.  Sure, it's suggested you use Itunes to organize your music, but if you are completely against it, then there are other programs that work with the player.
http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/08/10-alternatives-to-itunes-for-managing-your-ipod/ 
http://ipod.about.com/od/introductiontoitunes/tp/itunes_alterns.htm
http://ipodmanagers.blogspot.com/
As for the earbuds...well, anyone who has any familiarity with Ipod since generation 1 knows that the earbuds suck.  They have always sucked and will likely always be tossed out at the 1st convenient opportunity.  I don't know why this is, but it is what it is.

I think it's great that you are enjoying your new Cowon S9.  I looked it up on Endgaget and they seemed pleased with it, as well.  But, since all I want is a simple mp3 player (originally I had a Rio and hated it so much I returned it), what I have works fine for me and will work until I need a new one a few years down the line. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead

I don't really understand all the Apple hate. I've had an 80GB iPod Classic for a couple of years and i've had a MacBook for just over one year and besides my MacBook dying, as I was accidentally given a display model when I bought it so it was already haggard, i've never had any problems and everything is running better than my previous Sony mp3 player and my several earlier computers.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshs
Captain_Fookup said:
"Nano is the shit, sorry to hear that you bought a touch bro.

CenturionCajun said:
"I know people make fun of it but I love my Zune. I've got one of the originals and it's a tank. Its survived two trips to Europe, my college dorm, the Army, and any number of drops and smashes. The Zune Marketplace isn't a bad music service to boot. I get all of my podcasts through there and the Microsoft Points you buy can be used for both it and Xbox Live.

In short I <3 Microsoft.
"
Your Zune didn't die of alcohol poisoning on New Years?
"
They only stopped working for that day. They didn't actually break.
Jesus_Juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jesus_Juice

I have an 8 gig zune. Best purchase I've ever made.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By StaticFalconar

I have a Zen MuVo flash based player. its the best thing ever, just drag and drop and everything is plug and play.

Most people that buy any apple products kinda know most of the problems you just said and either learn to accept it (have to sync, no plug and play) or use apple care to get around it (it should last longer than 5 min).

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#23  Edited By strangeling
Azteris said:
"I don't understand why you all blame Apple and iTunes for stuff you can easily correct (turn sync off and it's just drag and drop).
"
If it doesn't work exactly like he wants it to, right away, it's crap. See here.

I do have to say, I respect his choice of going with Cowon.  I have their D2, and it's a great little player.
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#24  Edited By ManMadeGod
Jesus_Juice said:
"I have an 8 gig zune. Best purchase I've ever made.
"
Same. I have to 8GB Zune for when I go running and the 120GB Zune for my entire music collection. I'll never go back to the iPod.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jayge_

Cowon is a PMP powerhouse.

That said, I couldn't be happier with my Zune 80.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bullet_Jr

The iPod Shuffle is the only iPod worth owning.

It's a tough lil' bastard and if you load nothing but good music, it's not a problem.

Good for people who are rough on their equipment.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By mracoon

If you just wanted an MP3 player then the iPod touch wasn't the best choice.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Why does it force you to use Apple only formats?  I use mp3 on my itouch.  Just don't buy from the itunes marketplace.  There's plenty of perfectly legal places on the web where you can get DRM free mp3s.  I agree with tthe poor headphones comment but you can get new headphones for £5 these days that are pretty decent quality.

A lot of your problems just seem like you didnt really bother with the itouch and didnt give it a decent try.  Oh well, your loss
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I love my iPod (touch), love it, love it, love it.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Cube

Yeah, I have a 16GB Zune. Love it, no problems whatsoever. iTunes won't even install properly on my PC. Hate Apple.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#31  Edited By strangeling
IncredibleBulk92 said:
"There's plenty of places on the web where you can get DRM free mp3s."
Oh, I think he's well aware of that.

IncredibleBulk92 said:
"A lot of your problems just seem like you didnt really bother with the itouch and didnt give it a decent try.  Oh well, your loss"
I'd agree it seems like he didn't give it a decent try, but I also believe there are better choices to it.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Verdugo

I own the most recent version of the I pod nano, an 8 GB.

Love it, except for the fact the damn thing does not charge in my I pod stereo\charger or in the car charger. Only charges when I plug it in my computer or my 360.

Otherwise, I love it. I'd be perfect if that flaw was eliminated.

(This is my 3rd I Pod, lost my 1st 1G Ipod and my dad accidently broke my 4G Ipod and now I have an 8G Ipod, horray for upgrading:P).

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By oldschool

My FREE iPod Touch arrives in a couple of weeks and I look forward to it.  I can't forsee any of the problems mentioned.  I have never bought from iTunes shop and have a couple of thousand songs to choose from.  My 1st generation iPod died earlier than I would like and to be honest, the ONLY complaint I have about iPods is that the battery is not removeable - that annoys me greatly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I use my psp for music and games, works fine.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By RHCPfan24

I love my IPhone. I guess it is just an opinion on how you like to listen to your music. You can't go wrong with an iPod classic either.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Karmum
Cube said:
"Yeah, I have a 16GB Zune. Love it, no problems whatsoever. iTunes won't even install properly on my PC. Hate Apple."
Only if iTunes would work with the Zune. Obviously it doesn't, but I prefer the layout of iTunes and MP3 player wise, my Zune. I dislike the standard iPods, but both the iPhone and iPod Touch are okay.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RetroIce4

Zune for me so no problems. A-Ha!

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By grilledcheez

ZUNE 120 conquers all!

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Snail

Offend the iPod all you want, but don't you talk trash about the iPhone!

barbacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By barbacious

WHat about iphone though?They have been coming out with some apps that are pretty tight.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Karmum
barbacious said:
"

WHat about iphone though?They have been coming out with some apps that are pretty tight.

"
I think both the iPod Touch and iPhone are pretty good predecessors to the classic iPods. If you are a gadget-freak (sort of like myself), or need to have that "ultimate" phone, I would reccomend it. Perhaps you like a touch screen, that works as well. Now, I need to buy myself an iPod Touch. Don't have the money, though. Both my older brothers either have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, and I feel left out.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jayge_
Karmum said:
"barbacious said:
"

"
I think both the iPod Touch and iPhone are pretty good predecessors to the classic iPods. If you are a gadget-freak (sort of like myself), or need to have that "ultimate" phone, I would reccomend it. Perhaps you like a touch screen, that works as well. Now, I need to buy myself an iPod Touch. Don't have the money, though. Both my older brothers either have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, and I feel left out.
"
Predecessors?
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karmum said:
"barbacious said:
"

"
"
I definitely prefer the Blackberry Storm to the iPhone, in terms of "touch-sensitive" screens. 
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By DJ_Lae

Someone didn't bother reading anything prior to or after purchasing their iPod.

Why did you buy a Touch? Why did you buy an iPod in the first place? Everyone and their grandma knows about iTunes and the syncing process for iPods, as well as the lack of 'enable disk use' on the Touch. Everyone knows that the Touch is an mp3 player second to every single other ridiculously excessive feature it has. Everyone knows bundled headphones are shit.

And so on.

It shouldn't lock when you plug it into a car audio device, just swipe the bar to unlock it like you would when bringing it out of regular sleep mode. Equalizers help the sound quality - so do good headphones.

I doubt you even bought an iPod, though, your post reads like the ABCs of trolling.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had my iPod 30g classic for 2.5 years now and use it all the time, it still work perfectly and the battery life has barely degraded.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By clubsandwich

iTouch is awesome, blasphemer.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Guardian
Oriental_Jams said:
"I love my iPod (touch), love it, love it, love it.
"
Same with me. I wouldn't want to use anything else. 
mikzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mikzel

yah i hate itunes i dont know why it has to be like that

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I've been chillin' with my regular video iPod for quite awhile now.

Don't go anywhere without the thing.

I know people who have the touch, and outside of the battery they have no complaints either.

Of course if you are just using it for music the battery lasts a lot longer, but that's true for any digital media player.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
oldschool said:
the ONLY complaint I have about iPods is that the battery is not removeable - that annoys me greatly."
The battery isn't removeable like a mobile phone's battery but you can replace the battery if you're willing to open up the iPod itself.  It's not too hard if the battery isn't charging.

strangeling said:
"IncredibleBulk92 said:
"There's plenty of places on the web where you can get DRM free mp3s."
Oh, I think he's well aware of that.
Just to be clear I was talking about perfectly legal download sites.  Amazon's one is aparently pretty decent but I've never even looked at it.  iTunes works fine for me.